[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uber driver here. What should I carry to protect myself during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Uber_Fancy_SUV_Wide.jpg (213KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Uber_Fancy_SUV_Wide.jpg
213KB, 1024x682px
Uber driver here. What should I carry to protect myself during my trips? The company says that drivers shouldn't carry a gun but I ain't putting my life in the line. I was thinking about a .38 special subnose, since semiautos will go out of battery if I press the muzzle against someone in the confined space of a car.
>>
Really, any pocket gun should be fine if you're comfortable shooting it.

Also, can Uber drivers just not pick up black customers?
>>
>>31515141
>.38 special subnose
Nice. Should go all Taxi Driver on them
>>
>>31515154
I'm black myself kek. A lot of hispanics steal, so some asians. Don't go all on one race.

>>31515164
ha, I know. Thinking about picking a S&W Model 686 with a 2" barrel
>>
>>31515141
Uber got bought out by Ford. Stop driving for them, you'll be replaced by a self-driving Taurus soon, anyways.
>>
>>31515208
From my experience, black people don't trust black people.
>>
>>31517204
This. Had a black buddy who said that when it came to medical shit and whatnot, some blacks wouldn't listen to black doctors but if a white/asian guy said it then it was gospel.
>>
>>31515141
Ideally, a gun for "car driver carry" should be in a shoulder holster, since that's the easiest place to draw from.

>>31515154
>any pocket gun
A pocket gun is about the hardest to draw while you are seated in a car.
>>
>>31515141
Dual 6" 1911s in shoulder holsters, with aviator sunglasses and grandpa jacket.
>>
File: gp 100.jpg (80KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
gp 100.jpg
80KB, 736x552px
>>31515141
a revolver, in case you have to fire it in close quarters and are wrestling around with somebody so it wont jam. Carry in a shoulder or anlke holster
also keep something like a glock 19 in the glove box
>>
>>31515141
Honestly if someone was planning on robbing you it wouldnt matter. Any time i use uber i sit behind the driver so i can stab them in the neck if they try to take me off course or rob me. Always hae my knife ready in my hand too just in case they are indeed a psycho. I couldve killed 100's of uber drivers by now and theres nothing they could have done about it.

Only reason i dont carry my gun is because my job makes it a pain in the ass
>>
>>31515141
Car bomb.
>>
>>31517946
>Glove box
>Uber driver
>People in front seat.

You're dumb kiddo
>>
File: autistic spy with pipe.jpg (204KB, 628x434px) Image search: [Google]
autistic spy with pipe.jpg
204KB, 628x434px
>>31515141
if you get a revolver, remember you're in an enclosed space, watch for the gas venting out the sides.
oh, and the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>31515141
I'm a driver for a rival company. I carry a Glock 26 in a IWB holster while I'm working usually. I'm not necessarily worried about the passengers, it's the people out in the streets that are unpredictable.
>>
>>31519241
>rival company

go home lyft
>>
>>31519389
Not Lyft
>>
>>31519656
The taxi union in Austin?
>>
>>31519150
most cars have glove boxes
and somebody can jump over the back seat and try to attack the driver
>>
>>31515208
686 is still pretty large with the snub nose. Might want to look into a chiappa 200ds because they are pretty light and have a really flat profile for a revolver and the six o'clock position make 357 a little more comfortable out of that short barrel. Can't go wrong with something like a smith model 36 or 342 though either.
>>
>>31515141

Gun will do you no good as a driver. There is nothing you can do about a passenger sitting behind you and pulling the trigger. You'll never see it coming.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.