[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a better SHTF/general utility firearm, a long rifle chambered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (12KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 280x180px
What is a better SHTF/general utility firearm, a long rifle chambered in .308 or 9MM?
>>
Neither. If you want a "do it all" then split the baby and go 223.
>>
>>31513878
.308 penetrates body armor.
>>
The correct answer is a 12ga.

But, if you had to choose between those two, it depends on the circumstances.

Is it a survival situation? .308
Is it an oppressive/police state situation? 9mm

The reasons for which should be obvious.
>>
>>31513900
>.308 or .38 split = .223
You must have majored in Art
>>
>>31513900
Im sure you meant to say 7.62x39
>>
>>31513878

Honestly a solid bolt action .308 or pump action shotgun

The end of the world will be alot less Mad Max and more mundane rebuilding society and learning to farm from the guy who grows pot in his basement type shit
>>
>>31514683
You must have majored in autism. He obviously means picking a round somewhere in between in terms of power that is more practical.
>>
>>31513878
SMGs tend to waste ammo pretty fast. You want to make every bullet count when SHTF.
>>
7.62 :^)
>>
>>31514745
Image the implications of an autism major:
>learn to assert your opinion no matter if it was asked for or not, regardless of the potential risks
>learn to count cards
>learn to moan randomly
>learn to mimic other noises as a parlor trick
>learn to disregard reason in favor of what you're comfortable with
>learn to count toothpicks
>learn to harness the ability to give way too shits about stuff no one except you gives a fuck about
>watch day time television religiously
And that's all before the midterm which is printed on extra glossy paper.
>>
>>31513878
.308 and some tried and tested semiauto rifle. You need to doubletap anyway.
>>
>>31519086
Pshww that's some serious autism
>>
.300 blackout SBR
>7.62 diameter projectile
>low recoil
>easily suppressed
>capable up to 500 yards
>>
>>31514751
Yeah one time I left Sub2000 near a new case of 9mm then had to go grab some milk and eggs, it was all gone when I got back from the store.
>>
>>31521357
>Snowflake round for SHTF

you're a faggot and should feel bad about it :^)
>>
>>31513878
Well let's see here...
>one is a full-power rifle round capable of killing all but the largest African dangerous game species quickly, while being readily available in basically every form of rifle from SBR'd semi to precision boltgun to lever gun, with commonly available and decently affordable ammunition effecctive to just shy of 1000m
or
>the other is a lightweight low velocity pistol round unsuitable for hunting anything larger than varmints and people, whose few decent expanding options run close to a buck a round and whose FMJ options are pretty terrible, which has a max effective range of around 150m from a rifle, and which has poor long-gun availability

>>31513905
While this is technically true for soft armor it will not penetrate rifle plates with any of the civilian-available ammunition (including reloads with pull-down M2 AP bullets).
>>
>>31513878
The ideal utility gun is a fuddy duddy bolt action .308. It's not the best people shooter, but it will get the job done until you can find a more suitable weapon system. You're probably going to be using it to hunt game and kill feral dogs, tasks which it will perform well and give you reloadable cases
>>
>>31521395
Nah not really. I love my SBR. Plenty of ammo for it too. If that ran out, it's a simple task to switch to a 5.56 upper.
>>
>>31514751

Nogunz detected
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.