[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we have arc pistols? why don't we have charge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: ME3_Arc_Heavy_Pistol.png (34KB, 260x130px) Image search: [Google]
ME3_Arc_Heavy_Pistol.png
34KB, 260x130px
Why don't we have arc pistols? why don't we have charge weapons that can be charged like let's say a Gauss gun to reach a high damage output or penetration.
>>
File: 1474226517795.jpg (25KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1474226517795.jpg
25KB, 355x369px
>why arn't vidya gaems real
>>
>>31511628
>Why don't tasers exist
>>
>>31511628
While this is probably some elaborate kind of troll, I'll take this moment to explain as best I can.

We don't have charge weaponry of any kind except tasers. Why? Because tasers fucking suck at less than lethal, JMB forbid lethal.

Bullets do the same thing more efficiently and cheaper.

Now, we don't have Gauss cannons/rifles or railguns because the actual power required to make them function as anything worth a fuck (read: equal to or more powerful than a regular bullet firing rifle) makes them no longer man portable (frankly it makes them borderline non-portable at all)
>>
>>31511628
Quarian detected
>*unzips dick*
>>
>>31511628
Because holding down the trigger already does more dmg than pulling the trigger once, you fucking mong.
>>
>>31511880
what
>>
>>31512016
Its an "automatic" vs "Semi Auto" joke.
>>
>>31511697
Navy is deploying rail guns within five year. The tech is getting more efficient but I doubt it will ever be anything more than ship mounted.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161001_032304.png (651KB, 936x946px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161001_032304.png
651KB, 936x946px
So ignoring the method of sending the energy from your gun to your target, and just focusing on energy alone...

If I have my calculations right, 1 watt hour is about the equivalent to the muzzle energy produced by firing two rounds of 5.56 neato.

So, look up batteries rated in multiple watt-hours, and you see the sorts of batteries that would be equivalent in energy to thirty round clippazines.

They look kinda unwieldy, kinda heavy. Not exactly car battery sizes, but still pretty big. Maybe if you wanted something in >lol9mm, then you'd be looking at a quarter of the battery capacity, that might be practical in some limited sense.

That's just one aspect though. There are plenty of other aspects to consider.
>>
>>31511628
All the power is stored within the cartridge in form of gunpowder. How do you suppose we increase the amount of gunpowder within the cartridge while it's already chambered?

With energy weapons we have the problem of charge. We just currently don't have the technology to store the amount of energy on a small enough package to make anything like the arc pistol.
>>
>>31511628
because all of those things are very expensive
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.