[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were the tasks of Einsatzkommandos? Wikipedia makes it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

What were the tasks of Einsatzkommandos?

Wikipedia makes it sound like all they did was kill jews but the name means 'special operations' and I've seen them being described as special ops tasked with battling partisans/irregulars inside German territory instead of just being mobile extermination squads.

So what were they? counter insurgency units or just death squads?
>>
>>31510602

>So what were they? counter insurgency units or just death squads?

Pretty much the same thing under nazi Germany.

Not like they were gonna let any "partizan" alive. Or were accountable for who they treated as such.
>>
Anon, You shouldn't shouldn't trust a source that can be edited by anyone. That being said the Communist occupied Russia did a lot of killing that they blamed on Germany. There is a documentary on youtube called "Under the Sign of the Scorpion" about them, a book to on archive(book is long). you should check it out.
>>
File: 1471359405123.jpg (38KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1471359405123.jpg
38KB, 403x403px
>>31510602
Dead Jews seems pretty special to me
>>
>>31510602
Counter-terrorism
>>
Their method of fighting partisans was killing anyone suspicious and burning down villages near partisan activity. This leads to dead civilians.

Of course, none of this is new, these tactics were used long before Einsatzkommandos and continued to be used long after them.
>>
File: 87323.jpg (48KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
87323.jpg
48KB, 480x720px
>>31510602
From what I understand, they were nominally anti-partisan units, but it was an open secret about what they were really used for.

Even if you exclude them going out and killing undesirables, their particular means of anti-partisan tactics were less "counter insurgency" and more "death squad." I'm not too familiar with their operations in most theaters, but in the Ukraine and Crimea they played a very active role in genocide. At Kiev they rounded up the jewish community and executed them all, and they spent a while running around the Crimea rounding up and killing jews and commies and whatnot without really relying on the facade of "anti-partisan activities"
>>
Their only purpose was to cleanse occupied lands from ubermenschen, nothing else. How glorious, eh.
>>
>>31511257
Untermenschen*, was a bit misleading lol
>>
>>31510998

Well no that was the communist who after the war blamed it on them. Hell the only real genocides were against russian and europeans. even the worlds jewish congress numbers show that they had more jews in the millions after ww2 then before and that was only a couple years after
>>
>>31511283
Yeah, I was going to mention that the Soviets did a pretty good job of clearing occupied lands of ubermenschen.
>>
>>31510602
Get on Amazon and order a copy of the Einsatzgruppen Reports.
>>
>>31510998
>muh genocide
>excuse the fact theres no evidence or anything else to support this

Certainly there could be no legitimate reason for killing large numbers of jewish communists & partisans huh?
>>
>>31511600
T.stormfront
>>
>>31511600
please go back to /pol/
>>
>>31510602

the name doesn't mean "special operations" at all. try another translator.
>>
File: 1.png (1MB, 1500x2407px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 1500x2407px
>>31513287
>>
>>31510743
True dat. Can you imagine coming to a village as an Einsatzjommando only to find out all the jews in town were killed by the Russians before they fled? Like wtf thats our job.
>>
File: Partisan.jpg (52KB, 700x486px) Image search: [Google]
Partisan.jpg
52KB, 700x486px
>>31510602
>What were the tasks of Einsatzkommandos?

They killed Jews, Communists, intelligentsia (professors and the like), gypsies, and anyone else they thought they might have a problem with.

They would follow behind Armies and once the fighting in the area had ended these men would follow behind and conduct what I'd call "pre anti partisan" actions by killing anyone that they thought was going to make trouble, and as many jews as they could.

They also conducted anti partisan activity both pursuing partisans in combat, and carrying out reprisals.
>>
>>31513778
also one of the main reasons Germans started using gas to exterminate Jews is because they could tell that the mass shooting were starting to have a serious psychological effect on men from the Einsatzgruppen.

So in the early days of the war, they were main executioners, but then later around 1942-43 became the main "herders" and gathered people up to be sent to the killing centers.
>>
>>31513648
>the first half of the image is typical spergy Eurotrash rambling about how much they hate Americans
>meanwhile most people on 4chan that actively deny the holocaust are Europeans who complained about how "bluepilled" Americans are about the jews

shake my head, family
>>
>>31510602
Actually einsatzkommando translated is "mission commando"
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.