[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I turn 21 in a month and I want a handgun. Preferably something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (62KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 1200x846px
I turn 21 in a month and I want a handgun.

Preferably something that complys with California laws since I might move there soon. With 10 round mags should I go for a .45?

Also, I probably can't conceal carry it so it doesn't have to be compact. What do you guys think I should get?
>>
Also, I like decockers and a relatively light trigger pull (during single action)
>>
>>31509294
Do you want to get the maximum number of bullets in the mag? .45 is an expensive round, and you probably are gonna want a range baby for your first handgun. Check the sticky for a list of /k/ approved handguns.
>>
>>31509294

get some guns that are off-roster in CA, sell them in CA (perfectly legal), profit.

FNX, P320, Sig Legion, the newer H&Ks, Glock Gen 4's, etc...
>>
>>31509294
>With 10 round mags should I go for a .45?

Yes, Sig P220 or 1911
>>
File: 227R-45-BSS-large.jpg (21KB, 633x348px) Image search: [Google]
227R-45-BSS-large.jpg
21KB, 633x348px
Sig P227

I have the Tacticool model, which your sorry Commieforinian ass cant own because it has a threaded barrel and a 14 round magazine capacity, though the regular version excludes the barrel and has a 10 round mag, though mine also has raised Ameriglo irons.

Easily the best .45 I've ever fired. Kind of pricey, but you get what you pay for and all accessories you see for a P220 will fit it besides grips, seeing as how the P220 uses the same slide of a P227, the 227 just has a thicker, double stacked mag. 4lb trigger pull when the hammer is back, grip feels great, accessory rail, and has the decocker that you so desire. Put one in your hand and see how you like it.
>>
>>31509323
This, you can bring pretty much any handgun into California you just need some 10 round mags.

Get an HK45, if you don't like it then sell it for mad bucks once you get here.
>>
>>31509321

It just feels wrong to buy a 9mm and put a shitty 10 round mag in it...
>>
Buy whatever handgun you want. Just avoid threaded barrels unless you plan on getting a spare unthreaded barrel.

Fuck the magazine limits. There's no way anybody can know you have a mag over 10 rounds unless you tell the world or you shoot at a public range. Just hide that shit. Buy a couple 10 rounders and take those to the range.
>>
>>31509378
>nobody could know you have a mag over 10 rounds

Its as easy as pressing the mag release when getting pulled over by the cops, man. At that point, that's your ass.
>>
>>31509413
I meant you would keep your "high capacity" mags by stashing them somewhere in your house, hidden from the public. Get 10 rounders and use them at the range or CC or whatever.
>>
>>31509294
Glock 20
>>
>>31509374

USPSA Production.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.