[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Kimber absolute shit? Came across a new Kimber Custom II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: kimber.jpg (830KB, 3648x2432px) Image search: [Google]
kimber.jpg
830KB, 3648x2432px
Is Kimber absolute shit?

Came across a new Kimber Custom II for $650 out the door at my LGS. I want a 1911, but the 1911 threads here always say that Kimbers are garbage.
>>
I have a about 2500 rounds through a Raptor 2. I had 3 stove pipes in the first hundred rounds, has shot fine since. It's a good looking gun and I've been happy with it. For $650, I'd jump on that.
>>
File: IMG_2495.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2495.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31508500
They are good guns just not worth the 1200~1700 msrp as they just don't have many features as similarly priced pistols. 650 is definitely a good price for one if it's mechanically sound
>>
I'm not bashing on Kimbers here I have never owned one I've shot one and it was pretty nice.

That being said does anyone have the collage of all the fucked up ones? I have a folder of broken guns i would like to put it in.
>>
File: HMCj4if.jpg (677KB, 3000x1989px) Image search: [Google]
HMCj4if.jpg
677KB, 3000x1989px
>>31508800
>>
>>31508920

Thanks man. I'd still take a kimber over a glawknado
>>
>>31509239
The chinks are making counterfeit kimbers.

So no way to really know if any of those are real or not.
>>
File: abortion.png (109KB, 443x293px) Image search: [Google]
abortion.png
109KB, 443x293px
>>31508920
>Plastic mainspring housings on a 1K firearm

Jesus - how does a company get away with this shit?
>>
>>31509289
That's the thing that's turning me off of them. Why would a 1911 have plastic parts like that?

Honestly deciding between this and a Glock 20
>>
>>31508500
they aren't "absolute" shit, but they are way overpriced and tacky as hell. Nice finish on the outside, but made of the cheapest possible parts. Personally I would go for either an RIA or a Colt, because they are both priced correctly for what they are.
>>
File: AojhIy9.jpg (114KB, 538x720px) Image search: [Google]
AojhIy9.jpg
114KB, 538x720px
>>31509363
Well, the good thing about 1911's is like AR's they're pretty easy to unfuck.

Mainspring housings are one of the easier things to replace and typically require no parts fitting. Statistically, the odds of you getting a lemon like in those pictures are small and an experienced gunsmith could do a minor reliability job to it for you. After that and a couple hundred rounds at the range to break it in you'd be fine.

Choice is up to you however I don't believe 1911's and Glocks are comparable. Are you trying to find a 1911 in 10mm? That does narrow your options down. I'd take a Kimber before I went with one of the abominations Rock Island makes.
>>
>>31509278

Eh, it is more to just have the photo. How would they go about selling kimbers in the US though? I mean I can see a person to person transfer however in bulk?
>>
>>31508500
They're painted whores.
They come with the cost of full page ads in every magazine.

They aren't bad guns in terms of going bang but they're over priced and not respected.

Strictly on the merit of being a gun, they aren't bad though.
>>
>>31508623
What a piece of shit.
>>
>>31508500
Check the serial number and cross reference on Kimbers website with its production date. I have an old Custom II that I've put a couple thousand rounds through now and it's still going strong.
>>
>>31508666
Devil trips don't lie.

They're decent guns and for $650 I'd snag it if it doesn't have any serious issues.
>>
File: no2.jpg (285KB, 720x488px) Image search: [Google]
no2.jpg
285KB, 720x488px
>>31508623
>paid over 1200 dollars for a riced up 1911
>still jams

Lets see you could have bought
>3 used glocks
>2 ARs
>2 AKs
>3 or 4 entry level hunting rifles
>10 nuggets back during reasonable prices
>4 Mossberg 500s or 4 Remington 870s

1911 owners must have an actual mental condition.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.