[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that France is moving to the HK416 will we see someone in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: f1famas29.jpg (289KB, 1818x657px) Image search: [Google]
f1famas29.jpg
289KB, 1818x657px
Now that France is moving to the HK416 will we see someone in the U.S buy the tooling from France to create domestic FAMAS clones much like DSA and PTR do with the FAL and G3?
>>
>>31506969
God I hope so, I need to add this meme rifle to my collection.
>>
I can't be the only one who fucking hopes so
>>
What's the point?

It's shit, brah.
>>
>>31506969
What kind of gun is that?
>>
>>31507028
I would like some facts with this opinion
>>
>>31507071

That's my glock 40
>>
>>31507071
Steyr Aug.
>>
>>31507071
hipower deagle brand glocknade74
they can use armor piercing ammo, that's why knights stopped wearing knight suits a few hundred years ago.
>>
is that a famas?
>>
>>31507024
>>31507023
before the thread goes completely down the shiter, I also would love to add this to my collection of "because I can" guns
>>
>>31507082
I'll take a stab. no links. IANAGS.

>bullpup
cool concept for size management, but the devil is in the details

>one of a kind
though it is 5.56, its parts and design mean you have one option for replacements

>french
these folks have a history of going their own way. i do not believe they licensed manufacture to anyone else

>limited supply
according to the 'pedia there are only 400,000

>expensive
relatively, but there it is

it was ahead of its time, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the AR platform, and if you could find something to not like, the AK platform is there and cheap
>>
I'd rather just have a Kel-Tec RFB with a stock kit that makes it look like a FAMAS F1. The 30rd mag looks goofy in the F1 and the 25rd mag is lol223.
>>
>>31506969
Does France have any laws against this?
>>
>>31506969
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Does the tooling even exist anymore? The guys who made the FAMAS closed down a while ago and I doubt anyone had the forethought to mothball the equipment.
>>
>>31507663
Shit had to end up somewhere...
>>
>>31506969
If I recall correctly, french no-export laws also include tooling.
>>
>>31506969
>will we see someone in the U.S buy the tooling from France to create domestic FAMAS clones much like DSA and PTR do with the FAL and G3?

Of course not.
>>
File: original.gif (989KB, 526x263px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
989KB, 526x263px
>>31507112
>Knight suit.
>>
>>31506969
the fact that the safety is off disturb me more than it should...
>>
>>31507663
>>31508611
MOTHER FUCKER
>>
>facts against the famas
>"its not an AR-15"
>>
>>31507406
meant this guy
>>31509161
>>
File: k mali 3.jpg (1MB, 2048x2560px) Image search: [Google]
k mali 3.jpg
1MB, 2048x2560px
>>31507023
It's a really good rifle, meme asides.
It's just a bitch to clean up.

>>31507663
The MAS ( Manufacture d'Armes de Saint-Etienne ) closed, you're right. The last FAMAS were made by Beretta.

>>31509123
Security's on auto / burst mode, weird since it's never used in the army, and the button on the left ( the boîtier de mécanisme ) is on " 3 ", or burst fire, while it should be kept on " 0 ", if you fire in semi-auto. It won't change anything, but keeping it on 3 will eventually worsen the condition of the gun, somehow.

Really, the FAMAS is a gift that keep on giving.
>>
>>31507406
>french
>these folks have a history of going their own way. i do not believe they licensed manufacture to anyone else

Beretta is a licensed manufacturer. We "had" a history of going our own way.
It makes sense though, since Beretta also produces the PAMAS ( Pistolet d'Assault ), which is just aBeretta92
>>
>>31506969
Buy it from who? The enterprise who was producing FAMAS closed in 2001. Even French army has troubles to find replacement parts.
>>
File: 1474971719730.jpg (198KB, 740x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1474971719730.jpg
198KB, 740x1300px
>>31506969

I'll be after 2017 :( Califag here, BTFO'd
>>
>>31506969
I honestly unironiclly like how the FAMAS looks.
>>
File: Felin-FAMAS.jpg (193KB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
Felin-FAMAS.jpg
193KB, 540x359px
>>31509346
Still liking it ?
>>
>>31509392
Kinda yes
>>
>>31509392
delet
>>
>>31509346
It's a clean looking gun, desu
>>
>>31509397
If I have to be honest, if they make it semi only and sell them to civilians, I might end up buying one if it's a G2
>>
>>31509412
>G2
Come on senpai, go with the F1. You're not a navy fag, are you?

>Even in semi auto
Speaking of which, you ever fired a FAMAS in full auto? It's a mess
>>
>>31506969
What are they going to do with the army stock they have now?
>>
>>31509501
sell them to africans or destroy them
>>
The patents for the FAMAS have expired decades ago. If there was interest in making a clone it would have already happened
>>
>>31509653
well the croatians did
>>
>>31509346
this
>>
for some reason i love the famas' rifle grenade

looks like a small missile, cute
>>
>>31509659
Underrated
>>31509683
It has been found to be operating great by french operators kek
>>31509469
But the F1 won't shoot anything but 55grs ammo dude, plus mags to find. And no, never shot one, but a friend of mine talked about getting me to a military range for shit and giggles. I'll try to get my hands on one and give you feedback.
>>
>>31509683
>Betcha I can hit Sarge's truck from here
>No way dude you're on
>>
>>31509683
It's actually a viable solution.

> Slightly more bang
> More range
But
> Bulkier
> Hurts like a motherfucker
>>
The only thing going for it is its cyclic firing rate, which is only useful for full auto. To bring it to USA (for civilian use)is to neuter it of this function and really, only defining feature.

>TL;DR:
>Famas fire rate is high
>bringing it to usa would make it a semi auto only
>so why would you want it?
>>
Even if we keep it for us frenchies, they would end up neutered to semi.
>>
>>31509901

>Bill of wants
>>
>>31509231
> since Beretta also produces the PAMAS ( Pistolet d'Assault ),

The PAMAS, as you said a licensed 92F, were made by the MAS, PA standing for Pistolet Automatique.
>>
>>31509392
What are the buttons on the front grip for?
>>
>>31510227
scope functions
>>
>>31509926
Would require replacing all the mechanism boxes with newly produced mas .223 ones.
Not happening.
>>
>>31506969
Isn't it more likely that the FAMAS will end up in the hands of the Gendarmerie and Police?

I would have thought they would be keen on replacing their Mini 14s.
>>
File: MAS_4956GrenadeFiringA.jpg (57KB, 386x606px) Image search: [Google]
MAS_4956GrenadeFiringA.jpg
57KB, 386x606px
>>31509683
The guy isn't even firing it right, unless the manual changed from the 49/56 to the FAMAS.
>>31509926
Isn't 5.56 still considered a "military caliber" and would have to be changed to .222?
>>
File: MUHPURFUCTFUNS.jpg (3MB, 3049x4209px) Image search: [Google]
MUHPURFUCTFUNS.jpg
3MB, 3049x4209px
>>31510618
Dude what
>>
>>31509926
Don't fool yourself, every single one is going to be destroyed and you know it.
>>
>>31510629
I guess I got confused over the laws on category B and C. I know a lot of Lebels and Berthiers got converted to .348 Win so that hunters can own them because "military caliber."
>>
>>31506969
the eternal anglo and his demonic ar design deflower yet another great looking gun
>>
>>31510673
That was back when you didn't need an authorization for a rifle in a civilian caliber. Past 1995 you'd need an authorization either way so it doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>31510345
The gendarmerie already has famas stashed aplenty in their armories, and the mini-14 looking like a fudd weapon is exactly why the police uses it. Besides, theirs have a full-auto mode.

>>31510618
>The guy isn't even firing it right, unless the manual changed from the 49/56 to the FAMAS.
You can bet it has.
>Isn't 5.56 still considered a "military caliber" and would have to be changed to .222?
Legislation changed a few years ago, they got rid of the whole "military caliber" nonsense. Now if you're patient enough to get the permits, you can get a weapon in pretty much any small-arms caliber.
>>
>>31510712
>Now if you're patient enough to get the permits, you can get a weapon in pretty much any small-arms caliber.
Niiice. Nogunz french-fag, now that I have a job, I'm trying to put some money aside and get those permits.
>>
>>31510735
not if cazeneuve gets his way with the european wide ban on semi automatics he's pushing :^)
he also hates encryption
>>
>>31510771
I'd.. almost forgotten about that.
Damn... Don't tell me i've been doing 40-43 h/week for this dipshit to push the most useless ban I've ever seen, just when I want to get in on the fun.
>>
>>31510712
Confirmed for not knowing shit about our gun laws. We've ALWAYS been able to get any gun in any caliber as long as we had an authorization. But before 1995 we also could buy semi auto rifles without any authorization, license or registration as long as they were in a civilian caliber. Hence why there was a market for AR15, Mini14, Sig 540 etc all chambered in .222 to avoid administrative bullshit. After 1995, all semi-auto rifles with a barrel length of less than 50cm, a total length of less than 80cm and a magazine capacity of more than 2 rounds and/or a detachable magazine now always require an authorization, regardless of the caliber.
Don't try to portray the latest gun laws as if they were any good, they are not.
>>
>>31510843
I wouldnt know, i don't bother with those laws at all.
>>
>>31510843
Furthermore, there are still restrictions on the most widespread military caliber such as 5,56 or 7,62x39. You'll need an authorization to get a gun in those calibers, even if they are bolt action.
What did change is that you don't need an authorization anymore for outdated military calibers (and .308 for hunters) meaning you can now own worthless old shit such as mosin nagant with "only" a license. Yay.
>>
>>31509659
Oh yeah, their prototype was a delayed bloeback but they decided to stick with a gas cushion DI
>>
>>31509728
>55grs ammo dude, plus mags to find.
I wonder if the American aftermarket will make new barrels i l
>>
>>31509392
How in the fuck are you supposed to use the Eotech? Thats just beyond silly slapping it on top like that.
>>
>>31506969
Too late my burger friend.

The FAMAS tooling was sold to local gunsmiths in St Etienne in 1997. Some are still used to manufacture barrels of some sort. The rest was probably retasked or destroyed.

The means to produce a Famas are GONE for 20 years.

More than that, the patent of the Famas is free since at least 15 years. Not sure for the G2.

If someone wanted to make a Famas clone, they could, and would.

Yet they don't, I wonder why ? Wait no I don't, kek.
>>
File: APAV40.jpg (52KB, 852x572px) Image search: [Google]
APAV40.jpg
52KB, 852x572px
>>31509683
This is an APAV40 F1, little sister, more manageable, of the AC58. Both were manufactured by the now dead french company luchaire which was integrated into GIAT decades ago.

>pic related, an APAV40 F1 in Afghanistan

The interrest of these was rediscovered in Afghanistan.

The AC58 was know to bend barrels though, and also kicked like a mule.

Try to imagine there is as much explosive in an AC58 than in a M72 LAW rocket.

The APAV40 is much more manageable.

AC58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu6_UIw7FVk

APAV40 F2 (F1 has a conical head, F2 a rounded one, F1 uses a "Feuillette" patented round, sort of a blank, while F2 use standard round with the help of a bullet-trap)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3XrvcbBFc

the small mortal seen later in the video is the LGI, a 60mm lightweight grenade launcher.

>Fun fact :

Although 10 thousand M320 40x46 underbarrel grenade launchers have been bought as part of the famas replacement deal, one of the key custom elements added on every participating rifle, which will thus be found on the HK 416 F (official name for the french HK416, with an "f" for "fag" obviously) is the addition of a rifle-grenade-compatible barrel, with a stopgap ring near the end of the quad rail, on the barrel.

These new rifle grenades (APAV40 are not produced anymore) may be offered by the belgian company MECCAR which was recently bought by nexter and now has stuff they make in the Nexter Munition catalogue.

the more you know !
>>
The fact the the Army of fucking Mali, who don't believe in Aimed fire are gonna get Famases and not me pisses me off to no end.

I don't even want one that bad I just liked it far cry 3 and have money to burn. The niger in mali don't even aim and they now have both more bakelite mags and more FAMASes then me.

Can /k/ please invade Mali?
>>
>>31512830
>Can /k/ please invade Mali?

Why would you do that ? Mali is basically southern nigger muslims praising the magic chicken of muhamud or something, at war with nothern arabic muslims isis tier "absolutely haram" kind of fuckers.

This is a racial war between cruel dumbfuck arabs versus coward nagging niggers under the pretense of "i'm a better mudslime than you"

So why would you go there if you're not a frogcuck like us who wants to help muh poor niggas "boyoboyo kakamoo there are bananas in my poo" kind of people ?

Sure you could secure whatever ressources they got there for 10 euros and a chicken baguette (french version of KFC) but the sad thing is there's no such thing there. no lots of oils diamonds rare earths or shit. Sure they got some stuff, but really not a lot. The operations there in 2014 were purely dedicated at not letting isis having a free spot in west africa.
At least syria and iraq got oil !

So why would you go there for a fucking famas ?
>>
>>31513618
it was more about containment along with protecting expats and nearby uranium supply through Areva's mining in Niger
>>
>>31512351
Cool shit man I didn't even know military's even still used rifle grenades
>>
>>31516026
They do. The israelis made a door breaching rifle grenade a few years ago, the simon. The thing isn't that efficient though it seems.

Bigger advantage of these is the fact you don't need a dedicated launcher, you can have a warhead as big as you want, thus providing more versatile use for a family of weapons. Think anti personal and antiarmor, smoke, flare, drone launching, breaching charge launcher (hesh rounds).

The cons are obvious :
You can't shoot from your barrel and shoot a FLG at the same time.
Repeated use of a hard kicking FLG can bend the barrel of your gun.
Backblast from the rocket engine may damage your barrel internals.
Not as accurate as a tube-launched ammunition.
May damage the rifle's frame.
However Things like what Raytheon did with a 40mm mini missile would be even more relevant to do with a rifle grenade, through timed fuses and a wider body.
>>
>>31507721
Yeah, a recycling plant.
>>
>>31509930
Way to improperly attempt using a meme. The literally has to be a demand for the gun to make it worth the time of day and I doubt you impulse buy guns you don't like just because you have the funds.
>>
>>31513618
mali has the minerals m8. THE MINERALS WE NEED MORE VESPENE GAS
>>
>>31516489
>not efficient

IMPOSSIBRUL!
the guy from secret weapons even describe it in a cool voice.
>>
>>31506969
Fucking video games. These rifles are shit. The locking system is so poorly designed that they constantly rupture anything besides their special snowflake steel case ammo and lock up the gun or injure somebody. Magazine for the F1 is complete shit and not STANAG compatible. Sights radius is shit. Any non ambidextrous bullpup is always shit. Fragile plastic is shit (mostly fixed supposedly). No way to mount optics that isn't shit. That special ammo they need to not blow up cases, dirty, inaccurate shit. Those rifle grenades they love so much, blows the rifles to shit. I've probably forgotten some shit, but yeah FAMAS is shit.
>>
>>31513618
>So why would you go there for a fucking famas ?

I would like to fight an enemy whose firearms have an effective range slightly higher than that of a machete. I think it would be fun. Also I want to make /K/hodesia
>>
>>31519214
You post is shit, the whole premise of "famas can't shoot brass case" is a meme that has been debunked a hundred time. Stop posting.
>>
>>31519214
>using "shit" that many times
Jim Lahey pls go
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.