[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right guys, so I wanna do a Samurai Edge build, but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: BioGun.jpg (36KB, 582x436px) Image search: [Google]
BioGun.jpg
36KB, 582x436px
All right guys, so I wanna do a Samurai Edge build, but I'm not sure of how to go about this. Basically I bought a 92fs because at the time, I thought that was the base gun, not the brigadier version. I was wondering if I could buy a brigadier slide to and replace the regular one it has. I'm not sure if it would work though.
>>
If it's a modern 92fs then it's incorrect.

Other than that it's just custom engraving and grips.
>>
>>31505887
But would a brigadier slide fit my regular 92fs?
>>
File: m992fs.jpg (42KB, 800x320px) Image search: [Google]
m992fs.jpg
42KB, 800x320px
>>31505887
Not him, but yeah you need a "straight dust cover". The new 92fs have a slanted dust cover, and as well as a deeper grip see pic related.

You could always just get a M9A1 and switch out the slide if you want Jill's Biohazard:Revelations variant.
>>
File: m9a1_zoom002.jpg (31KB, 840x559px) Image search: [Google]
m9a1_zoom002.jpg
31KB, 840x559px
>>31506034
I have this one. So I should be able to swap out the slide then, right?
>>
File: Samurai01.jpg (68KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai01.jpg
68KB, 700x420px
>>31506185
Yeah, but you're going for this one here. So you'll need a stainless barrel (or just get it silver), and grips.
>>
>>31506023
I think they "fit" but no idea if the ejector would work.
>>
Grips here.

http://www.dsgrips.com/Samurai-Edge.html
>>
>>31506185
It depends what game.

The first few games on PS1 were straight covers without a rail.
>>
>>31506244
As long as I can swap the slide, I don't mind. I have everything else planned out.
>>
>>31506302
Thanks! This is where I plan on getting them with the green emblem.
>>
>>31506278
I'm worried about this too, but I can't seem to find any conclusive info on this anywhere.
>>
>>31506304
I don't mind with the rails.
>>
>>31506382
Yeah, I think there's a reason why Beretta doesn't sell the slide by itself
Anyways, don't be too autistic about the details
Wesker's and Burton's Samurai Edges are both unique
Just consider the one youre building to be your own unique
>>
>>31506456
If I were making one I think I'd go for the a rail too just for practicality reasons and I like lights.

The PS1 images aren't exact and in the game it's just labeled "Beretta 92F Custom", Even though every time there's a high rez image or a model made it's clearly a brigadier model.

There's room for creative license and real world takes priority in my opinion here.
>>
>>31506481
I will!
>>
>>31506615
I'm with you on this.
>>
File: SE Woods.jpg (627KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SE Woods.jpg
627KB, 1500x1000px
>>31506023
>>31506278
>>31506244
>>31506382
Hello. I'm the Samurai Edge anon.

Yes, Brig slides work on 92FS frames. However, as others mentioned, it wouldn't be correct unless it was on a 92F frame. If you go with the A1 frame and you want to do an exact replica, you'll have to keep in mind that the engraving on the right side of the slide is not the "Mod. Samurai Edge" one, but the "Kendo Custom Shop" one.

You may be able to find a brig slide for sale on its own on the official Beretta forums, but they're posted very infrequently and the go almost immediately.

Fell free to ask any other questions.
>>
>>31507525
If you were to do it again. Would you get the slide engraved still?

Not OP but I've been off and on if I want to track down and old 92fs for this or not. Kinda feel I'd just be content with some grips.
>>
File: LE Use Only.jpg (792KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
LE Use Only.jpg
792KB, 1500x1000px
>>31507710
If I had the money, yeah. I feel like if I half-assed it, I would always regret it.
>>
>>31507731
What is the slide like after the engraving? Is it flat or can you tell more material was removed in some spots to hide the stock Beretta stamps.
>>
>>31507766
It's flat and smooth, but in certain lighting, if you look very hard, you can kind of make out the area where they removed the old rollmarks. It's hard to tell in pictures. Like I said, it's only in certain lighting and if you look hard. I wonder if they refinished it again if that'd go away?
>>
>>31507794
Is there a model to look for with less stamps?

I was looking for older 92fs brigadiers.
If I get one with a rail I think I'd just get a new made 92g.
>>
>>31507832
>Is there a model to look for with less stamps?

Not really. The Italian made Brigs still have roughly the same amount of text as the Beretta USA ones. The only other ones I can think of is the Elite II slide, and that one has the front serrations already too, but you won't find a slide on it's own. And it'd be a shame to fuck up an Elite slide.
>>
>>31507874
Well guess I'll just occasionally browse gunbroker.

Who did the engraving btw?
>>
>>31507909
>Well guess I'll just occasionally browse gunbroker.

You may have better luck on the Beretta forums. Or both.

>Who did the engraving btw?
If you go to the DSGrips website, you'll find a link to a place called Customized Creationz. Sent it there.
>>
>>31507525
Ah, thank you very much! I've seen you post from time to time, but I keep forgetting to ask you questions! I'm not too worried about going completely original, so I'm perfectly fine with my m9A1. Besides the grips, the engraved slide, and the barrel, what else did you do to your Edge?
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 600x469px
>want to own best RE handgun
>it doesn't exist
>closest I'll ever get is a Mk23

It hurts, /k/
>>
>>31510982
Hi point?
>>
>>31510263
>Besides the grips, the engraved slide, and the barrel, what else did you do to your Edge?

I got a stainless steel guide rod from Wolff, along with a trigger conversion unit, and a hammer spring kit. You'll also have to buy a flat hammer spring cap to install the grips.

That's about it.
>>
>>31511594
Once again, thank you very much! I Will keep this info stored so that when the time comes I'll can get everything ready. Did you replace the parts yourself? Or would it be better to take it to a gunsmith?
>>
>>31510982
Which gun is it bro? I can't remember the name?
>>
>>31511675
I replaced everything except the barrel. I had that fitted by a gunsmith.

>>31511685
It's called the Silver Ghost, and I used to know a pistol that was really close to it. But I can't remember what it was for the life of me.
>>
>>31511709
Was it expensive?
>>
>>31510982
>>31511685
>>31511709

Leon Kennedy's standard weapon, the Silver Ghost[1] is often mistaken for an Heckler & Koch USP. However, Ryoumura Jyoshin (the weapon designer for the Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, and Dino Crisis series) admitted that his design was inspired by H&K USP, S&W Sigma, and Ruger P85.
The Silver Ghost bears a very close resemblance to the Smith & Wesson Sigma, especially in the slide, magazine, and lower frame. In the game the gun has brown checked grips with a laser sight pressure switch and a stainless steel slide. The weapon however is shown with a hammer as opposed to a striker. It features an extended barrel, threaded for sound suppressor which is not a feature on the S&W Sigma pistols but are featured in the H&K USP. The Silver Ghost is longer than the Sigma or USP.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_4#Silver_Ghost

I personally think a USP tactical with some cosmetic modifications would look the closest to the in game model
>>
>>31511749
Lol I was just looking this up in the same site. Gotta love imfdb
>>
>>31511745
>Was it expensive?

What, the gunsmithing of the pistol I can't remember?

>H&K USP, S&W Sigma, and Ruger P85

The one I'm thinking of was neither of those pistols, but it looked very similar and had a similar grip style. I wish I could remember it. My search history is turning up nothing.
>>
>>31511786
Well that's all right, you gave a lot of useful info. I can't wait to start it!
>>
>>31511840
Oh, that last comment of mine was supposed to say "the gunsmithing OR the pistol I can't remember."

It cost about $150 to have the barrel fitted, but I assume it's dependent on who you go to and how long it takes them.

They also make drop in barrels that don't require any gunsmithing. But I was trying to make my SE as high-speed as possible.
>>
>>31511901
If I can't find a replacement inox barrel, I'm thinking of just getting a 92fs inox and swapping the barrels. I could always sell the inox later. Man do I have a ways to go
>>
File: Jill's loadout.png (3MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Jill's loadout.png
3MB, 1500x1000px
>>31511947
The regular Beretta Inox barrels are really easy to find. And I think they're about $125. But they look a little strange (in my opinion) compared to an aftermarket SS barrel, like the Bar-Sto I have in mine. But it's really your call.
>>
>>31511990
If you think it's a great enough barrel, I'll look into a bar sto as well then. I didn't even know they made them.
>>
>>31512151
Like I said, it's your call. Choosing to get an aftermarket barrel over the Beretta inox barrel is probably going to cost $200-300 more in the long run. And really it's just personal preference.

Also, Bar-sto only makes a certain number of barrel batches each year. So you'd have to keep your eye out for that. There are other companies that make them, too.
>>
>>31512204
All right, I'll keep it in mind then. Besides the Samurai Edge, do you have any other modified guns?
>>
File: Compact.jpg (252KB, 1040x780px) Image search: [Google]
Compact.jpg
252KB, 1040x780px
>>31512244
Not really, though I put a D hammer spring in all of my Berettas to help with the trigger pull a bit.

I also have SE grips for my 92FS Compact model, too. (The barrel is just in there for fun in this picture)
>>
>>31507525
>you'll have to keep in mind that the engraving on the right side of the slide is not the "Mod. Samurai Edge" one, but the "Kendo Custom Shop" one

There's some contention about that. Guns with both have been rendered in game. I believe that standard models like Jill's and Rebecca's are supposed to say "Mod. Samurai Edge Law Enforcement Use Only" while the further customized ones like Barry's and Wesker's say "Custom Kendo Shop".
>>
>>31512276
Grips are nice and comfy?
>>
>>31512286
I'll look into this as well, thanks for the heads up!
>>
Damn it now I want to do this. Looks good, anon.
>>
>>31512276
is the beretta 92fs compact hard to ccw?
>>
>>31512286
Right. But generally Jill's A1 model was shown to had the Custom Kendo Shop marking. The standard 92F model I replicated from REmake has the "Mod. Samurai Edge" marking. And since thus far Rebecca hasn't been shown with an A1 model, it's hard to say what (if anything) has been changed with hers.

>>31512308
Grips are fine. They're sleek.

>>31512328
Sometimes in the summer, if you're wearing tighter clothes. Otherwise, it's pretty easy. Just have to find the right placement.
>>
>>31511947
You could also polish the barrel. I have read that vinegar or another weakly acidic solution will help strip the finish off.
>>
>>31512321
>>31512362

I mean, both rollmarks can be considered "correct" so you should really just pick the one you think looks cooler.

I personally like the Law Enforcement rollmark better since it's indicative of the AWB era, in which RE1-3 take place. I would also hunt down some Law Enforcement marked magazines to complete the package because I'm autistic.
>>
>>31512392
>I would also hunt down some Law Enforcement marked magazines to complete the package because I'm autistic.

Not a bad idea. I've got a couple of those.
>>
Could you use a 92G-SD to do this?
>>
>>31512457
Yes but it has a rail.
>>
>>31512457
I mean, technically yes. You could do an A1 style Samurai Edge with one if you wanted the decocker only. No matter which way you swing it, though, it's still going to cost about $2000. Especially since the 92G-SD is what? $1100?
>>
>>31512369
I'd rather keep it as is, but I'll keep this in mind too
>>
>>31512392
I'd like to have mine as close to Rebecca's as possible, so law enforcement it is
>>
>>31512402
They're the same as regular mags except for the markings, yes?
>>
>>31512565
Pretty much. They say something like "Restricted law enforcment/military use only" or something to that effect.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.