[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the proper way to fortify any given area with sandbags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (25KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 276x183px
What is the proper way to fortify any given area with sandbags and other such constructs? I know it's going to be heavily dictated by terrains and what you have, but let's just say conditions are perfect and textbook, I'm assuming there is some sort of doctrine or general idea that is taught.
>>
Gun emplacements are determined by likely avenues of enemy approach.

You mean how do you stack sandbags? Cause, that's too stupid to answer.
>>
If you actually want to learn this stuff for real, google the relevant US army field manuals and look for videos on youtube about this subject. Then go build your own in your backyard.
>>
>>31503126
>conditions are perfect
You dig a WW1-style trench network and use the sandbags as a double-thick rampart.

Even your overhead cover is literally dirt piled several feet deep on cut logs.
>>
make pile big
go in pile
>>
File: 1473340825356.gif (107KB, 708x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1473340825356.gif
107KB, 708x1056px
Every day im diggin'
>>
>>31503126
Yea look how the Saudis and Syrians fortify their shit and don't do that
>>
>>31503126
y'all know OAKOC? that's how you plan defense, breaking a defense, infiltration/counter-infiltration, and route planning
>>
>>31503126
Twice as thick as it is high.

>>31503153
This.
>>
File: image.jpg (761KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
761KB, 1200x798px
From a Vietnam unit site.

http://wclathan.com/Band_Photos/placesevents/places.htm
>>
File: image.jpg (869KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
869KB, 1200x802px
From a Vietnam war unit site.

http://wclathan.com/Band_Photos/placesevents/places.htm
>>
File: image.jpg (791KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
791KB, 1200x799px
>>
I dunno what these niggas are talking about. The intracises of the bolt carrier group in conjunction with the mag feed well are just as important as the method stacking dont-kill-you sacks into your position.
>>
>>31503126
Look up the packed dirt penetration tables for the weapons you expect to go up against, and plan accordingly.
>>
>>31507037
>literally having schizophrenia
>2016
>>
>>31508268
>Look up the packed dirt penetration tables

Nah, all you need to know is that anything over six inches of sand/dirt is good enough.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-7-the-sands-o-truth/

There's a reason we use sandbags. It's because they work.
>>
>>31508472
A layer of pea gravel in front of a layer of sandbags will pretty reliably stop M8 .50 BMG but I'm not sure for bigger calibers. Trick is to mix epoxy in with the gravel, enough so it's all covered and then shovel it in and tightly pack it. I think any glue will do as long as it binds to rock good enough.

Be sure to stack the bags flat, don't cheat. Also test fire a few to make sure you glue holds.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.