[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he's a gear enthusiast >he spends more money on accessories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

>he's a gear enthusiast
>he spends more money on accessories and new guns rather than ammo and practice
>he conceal carries but doesn't do any drills
>if he does, he never uses a shot timer
>he has never shot more than 1,000 rounds through a single gun he owns
>he will never save up his money and spend it on a formal training class

To anyone who applies to one or more of this, what's your excuse?
>>
>>31502879
I don't think a shot timer necessitates better practice

I've been carrying for about half a year now, and I have over 7000 rounds through my shield already
>>
>>31502879
Nice tits. Too bad this is a shit posting thread.
>>
>>31502899
I should clarify in terms of defensive training
shot timers seem much more relevant to competition training

I can get a good enough sense of my draw time without the precision of a timer
>>
>>31502879
I'm an enthusiast for her gear.
>>
>>31502879

Op, every one in here will probably fall to one or two of the things listed. I can tell you're a faggot who doesn't do any of that stuff, are probably no gun either. So Fuck off faggot

Also those courses are shit. Yeah they can help you out a lot....seeing as your job is to not to train and drill those moves into mind and muscle memory, if the time ever shows itself, you're not gonna be do shit.

You're better off practicing how to draw, aim, shoot, reload and repeat, all the while building speed behind it. When it comes time, you're not gonna remember all your gay class shit. You're gonna just draw and shoot, or run for cover and shoot back. Which most gun fights only last like five seconds.
>>
>>31502879
>he's a gear enthusiast
I'm not 21 till December, then my SBR and pistol purchases will outweigh the gear. Only one that applies for me though. I'm shooting for the Idaho enhanced CC license and that needs a training class.
>>
>>31503031
Excellent taste bro, if that's your gear. I'd pretend to operate with you.
>>
>>31503046
Thanks, come to milsimwest and you can.
>>
>>31502998

Spoken by someone who has never been to a quality class.

Obviously you have to practice what you are are taught, but mindless repetition of your shit ass form does more harm than good.

My form is quality, because I've been properly instructed.

Also, gun classes are fun as hell. Worth every penny.
>>
>>31503091
kek this is pretty quality bait
>>
>>31503091

Law enforcement for 13 yrs. Been to plenty fuck boi. They're worthless, only retards think any good about them.
>>
>>31502899

I felt that way until I realized every good shooter I know uses a shot timer. I decided to get one, and it certainly doesn't hurt.

For instance, there is a difference between standing at the range, and YOU get to decide when you are going to draw and shoot.

With a timer, you have to react to the buzzer, and the added pressure of a good time can make you rush into a mistake.

I dunno, I've found it to be a useful tool.
>>
>>31503132

Yeah, you're a cop. Sure.

Look at at how mad OP made you. So you deal with white trash and redguards all day, but a post on /k/ sends you into a rage?

Faggot this, faggot that.

When you get older, you'll see that $600 for a 2-day class isn't really that expensive, so don't get so upset by things you can't afford in high school.
>>
>>31503108

no bait, I think classes are fun, and I've learned a ton.

Why does the way a stranger spends his time and money upset so many people?
>>
>>31502879
Anyone got her name?
>>
>>31503268
Nice ad hominem
>>
>>31503295
Sam Ho Mai
>>
>>31503193
I can get the unexpected side being valuable but for 9/10 shooters basic draw fire type drills will be what they need the most. Once they get that down with reliable accuracy would be when I start throwing Murphy's law kind of shit at them
>>
>>31503064
>>31503031
Hey Oxide
>>
>>31502879
I didn't come to /k/ to make excuses.
>>
>>31503438
Hi goy
>>
>>31503373
Very nice. Thanks
>>
>>31502879
so where do I start if I tick literally every single one of these boxes?

Like whats the most important/beneficial of those listed things to start improving?
>>
>>31504380
buy 5000 rounds of ammo for your carry gun and your hd gun
shoot 2500 rounds through both
>>
>>31503445
is goy the new "nigga" for white trash?
>>
File: 1438573859074.gif (182KB, 384x408px) Image search: [Google]
1438573859074.gif
182KB, 384x408px
>>31502879
HHNNNNGGGGG!!!!!
>>
>>31504402
You know what goy actually means right? It works in this context
>>
>>31502879
practice doesn't make perfect. practice makes permanent. practicing doing something wrong only gets you good at doing the thing wrong.

>no mention of coaching
its like you want to continue to suck.
>>
>>31503281
>Why does the way a stranger spends his time and money upset so many people?

because "the stranger" is going on the internet calling everyone else retards because he spent more money than them
>>
>>31504393
>buy 5000

ok let me stop you right there. I had to save up for like 8 months just to afford a bersa thunder.

It's going to take me like a year to save up enough for 5k rounds of .380 acp.

I mean I go shooting once every 2-3 months and I can ~5 inch group on an 8-1/2x11 piece of paper at 10 yards every time, which was my cpl qual standards.
My apartment doesn't have a single space that is 10 whole yards from end to end, if I ever had to use in HD scenario we are talking 5-10 feet, not yards.

Point is I'm completely confident I could provide effective fire at HD ranges.

I'm thinking a shot timer would be best as it could introduce an element of "surprise" or at least put me in a non-controlled(ish) situation. I mean that's what worries me, getting the weapon in hand and on target when I least expect it, as fast as possible.
>>
>>31504511
>It's going to take me like a year to save up enough for 5k rounds of .380 acp.

ammending this statement after looking up pricing on 1k round boxes of 380 on cheaper than dirt

It's going to take me like 3 years to save up enough for 5k rounds of ammo. Lol.

Fuck
my
l i f e
i
f
e
>>
>>31504598
then the first step is improving your atrocious living conditions
>>
>>31503281
kek
the way you spend your money is the least of my concern senpai
its just really funny that you think this way
>>
>>31504598
>3 years to save ~$1000
If you can't sock away $100 a month you need to take a serious look at your life
>>
>>31502879
Because I have a life? And a job
>>
File: kek.jpg (12KB, 385x278px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
12KB, 385x278px
>>31502879
>he fantasizes about being "operator" but could never be one
>he does cute little drills in small areas but doesn't lift
>he can't run 5 miles at the very least in 35 minutes or less
>>
>>31502879
Trying to sell courses?
>>
>>31503091
t. Chris Costa
>>
>>31502879
>To anyone who applies to one or more of this, what's your excuse?

high 6 figure aggregate income + various (and expensive) hobbies.
>>
>>31504511
I bought my bersa thunder for 150$, seriously how poor are you??
>>
>>31505008
>high 6 figure

so you make 800,000$+ a year?
>>
>>31502879
>>31504926

So pretty much a SCAR owner?
>>
>>31505050
~750,000 aggregate income.

It's called owning a beez kneez.

Kinda sucks somethings though, phamilia. Too much bullshit, too many retards.
>>
File: 3RGFoMW[1].jpg (1MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
3RGFoMW[1].jpg
1MB, 2988x5312px
>>31504926
>He's an operator who lifts but doesn't shut up about guns
>Takes her out, but in bed he doesn't stop talking about ergo-mechanics and efficiency of motion
>Loses his fine motor skills during a body alarm response
>hfw
>>
Care to share why a shot timer is really relevant for carry situations?
>>
>>31505081
what kind of business? i'll buy a bunch of penny stockaroos
>>
>>31505059
>is enough of a jelly poorfag he needs to bring up SCARs where nobody mentioned them
>>
>>31505118
Tech consulting. Specifically, SAP and Citrix.
>>
>>31505059
Nigga y u so mad? Did daddy take your lunch money to buy booze again? After beating your mom before you, that is.
>>
>>31502879
Lack of money, and just getting into guns

I currently only have a 10/22 and glock 19. Once I've built my AR-15, and have a shotgun and 1911 I'll call it good enough and just go plinking
>>
File: 5.jpg (76KB, 597x657px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
76KB, 597x657px
>>31505156

oh nice. I was already thinking about investing in Citrix and Sysco since Sysco has the DoD contract for all the mess halls and chow halls. I'm an IT tech for general dynamics. It blows my mind how many people are in IT who literally dont know anything about IT.
>>
File: 1468179145513.gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
1468179145513.gif
2MB, 320x384px
>>31503031
>airshit
>>
>>31502879
>he's a gear enthusiast
Not really. I don't even own a plate carrier, although it's on my list so I can have convenient mag pouches.

>he spends more money on accessories and new guns rather than ammo and practice
Yup. I like collecting guns and spend slightly more on new ones than on using the ones I've got. Once I get some pegboard my man cave's gonna be fucking sweet.

>he conceal carries but doesn't do any drills
I'm white and I live in a white area, my CC permit is just for laughing at cops who want to get pissy about my glovebox gun or who want to be sticklers over laws regarding transport.

>if he does, he never uses a shot timer
Why would I? If someone's coming up my driveway I'll have a solid minute and a half to get a bead on them and I rarely leave the house.

>he has never shot more than 1,000 rounds through a single gun he owns
I've got probably 4-5k through my Glock 21 at this point and I just stocked up on a few thousand 5.56. Maybe you shouldn't be so poor you have to choose ammo OR new guns? Hahaha.

>he will never save up his money and spend it on a formal training class
Training classes for civilians are the cringiest fucking shit. You pay good money to get babysat by a washed up retard who couldn't hack it in a military career (hence why they're trainers and not still operators) and then turn around and act like you're hot shit because you have more money than sense. Nothing you learn in them is remotely practical or resembles a real life situation.
>>
>>31505207
The gun isn't airshit
>>
>>31502879
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>31505280
Why not go battle belt instead of PC if you just want convenient mag pouches?

I'm not op (obviously), but a class sounds like it could be fun if you choose carefully.
being an oper8r for a weekend or a day sounds fun, even if a lot of it is LOOK HERE SONNY
>>
This is exactly me. I CC, I'm at 20 rifles and haven't fired a single shot this entire year.
>>
>>31502879
LOL apparently im elite as fuck on /k/.
>>
>>31505882
it's not hard to be elite as fuck compared to your average /k/ goer
>>
>>31502879
Ain't nobody got time for that!
>>
Tell me /k/. when i bought my first glock and my first AR i wanted to modify them to shit. my dad told me that the best thing you can do to a gun is practice until you wear it out pretty much. how right is he /k/?
>>
File: KD-AFG.jpg (643KB, 1572x1888px) Image search: [Google]
KD-AFG.jpg
643KB, 1572x1888px
>>31505280
>Training classes for civilians are the cringiest fucking shit. You pay good money to get babysat by a washed up retard who couldn't hack it in a military career (hence why they're trainers and not still operators) and then turn around and act like you're hot shit because you have more money than sense. Nothing you learn in them is remotely practical or resembles a real life situation.

>Mike Pannone (Delta, Force Recon)
>Kyle Lamb (Delta)
>Travis Haley (Force Recon)
>Pat MacNamara (Delta)
>Kyle Defoors (DEVGRU)
>Frank Proctor (Special Forces)

What have you done lately? Note that most of these people have been in those groups for more than 10 years. Dunning-Kruger is a hell of a drug ; )
>>
>>31504598
Jesus... thats half of my bi weekly paycheck senpai. Get a big boy job and youll have money to just blow of stupid shit like 5k of ammo.
>>
File: 1461854623455.png (488KB, 677x5990px) Image search: [Google]
1461854623455.png
488KB, 677x5990px
>>31502998
Relevant.
>>
>>31508445
He's pretty right. No amount of gear or attachments will make up for you being an out of shape slob who cant shoot.

Pretty much stick to
>holster
>light
>sling
And maybe an optic for your rifle. Everything else provides very minimal benefit for loadsa monies.
>>
>pays for weapons training classes
>makes fun of other people for being gear queers
>>
>>31503419

it's useful for providing objective feedback on if you're getting better, and for establishing par times for drills.

i have a free timer app on my phone. not as good as a real Pact, but still useful for doing draw and fire drills.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.