[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Galil ace impressions thread Does anyone own this rifle? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2615.jpg (55KB, 600x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2615.jpg
55KB, 600x293px
Galil ace impressions thread

Does anyone own this rifle? Is the reported 1.5 MOA true? Is it worth buying for $1700 to $1900 dollars?

I shot one yesterday and was disappointed. The sights are blocky aperature and post sights that are barely usable. The front sight post is huge and the sight picture takes up your entire field of vision. Target acquisition while aiming would be impossible. You'd have to unshoulder the rifle to pick your next target, then aim again.

The rifle was very blocky and the mag well was at an unnatural angle. The safeties are ambidextrous but incredibly stiff on the sight side. Not sure how well the dust cover mounted rail will hold zero.
>>
It is also heavy at 8.5 pounds without a mag or optics attached. You're looking at a 10 to 11 pound rifle when loaded and with accessories.

The foregrip wobbles when shooting.

Now for good things.

It takes ak mags, but waffle mags dont work.

Extremely well done machining with a hammer forged, chrome lined barrel.

Rails on entire length of top of the rifle, plus under the foregrip.

In conclusion, the ergonomics suck but the rifle itself is well made.
>>
>>31501208
I have huge doubts that people own one. And do by foregrip, do you mean handguards? Because if that's the case, then those could be the hand guard sleeves. I heard there will be aftermarket hand guards coming soon. My biggest question is if it has parts compatibility with the OG Galil, such as sights, handguards, bolt (Specifically 5.56x45 and .308)
>>
>>31501235
So, much like the original rifle, only slightly lighter with a better ability to add accessories to it.

I'd imagine that it'd be better once one can replace the standard handstock with aftermarket parts or remove the fugly sleeves.
>>
>>31501235
>In conclusion, the ergonomics suck but the rifle itself is well made.
Why not just buy a regular AK then?

DESU I wanted one to SBR really bad. Right up until it choked suppressed. No interest now.
>>
>>31501297

Yes I meant handguard sleeves. They are fuck huge and feel like an AR15A2. They also look like shit because they are only half as long as the gas tube
>>
>>31501309

I can't buy a regular ak because I live in MD. I was really hoping this thing could replace my vz58 as a go to rifle and I'm sure its reliable, but its uncomfortable to use and the sights are a major problem since you cant switch targets while aiming
>>
>>31501235
>It is also heavy at 8.5 pounds without a mag or optics attached. You're looking at a 10 to 11 pound rifle when loaded and with accessories.
That's the weight of the heaviest 7.62x51 version
The 16 inch 7.62x39 version is 7.5 lbs unloaded
>>
https://youtu.be/tFMWZqV9I4A

I saw this review yesterday which killed my hype. He pointed out the mag compatibility and the reloading quirks and that it has a rubber buffer
>>
It's a slightly modernized Galil, which was an overbuilt failure of a design. I wouldn't pay $500 for this thing, let alone $1500. A $1500 AR would shit all over this thing.
>>
>>31501363

Yes those are all true. An optic would be a necessity for anything except range trips.
>>
File: ace.jpg (6KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
ace.jpg
6KB, 248x203px
>>31501208
Yeah, the awkward magwell angle seems to be apparent on the 7.62x39 model. However, on the 5.56x45 and 7.62x51, it doesn't look that wonky. I heard the x51s are coming this year
>>
>>31501428
Now if only the 5.56 would be released to the general public.
>>
>>31501428

There is no reason to buy this in 5.56. An AR thats half the cost works just as well.

In 308 however, that would be interesting. I'd like to see how it competes with a ptr or m1a
>>
>>31501468
What if I don't want an AR?
>>
>>31501468
>An AR thats half the cost works just as well.
And if I don't want an AR?
>>
>>31501479

I hate AR's too. I bought and sold the only stoner rifle that I've ever owned. But performance and value wise, this thing cannot compete with an AR. X39 and 308 have potential though
>>
>>31501479
>>31501495
Then you're not a pragmatic operator cool guy who wins all his fights with pragmatism and "tools".
>>
>>31501515
ok
>>
>>31501208

>Buying a Jewish copy of a Russian gun
>ever

Come on, Israel just got another 40 billion dollars for the missiles, they don't need you buying their shit.
>>
>>31501781

I'll buy quality guns regardless of where they come from.

That being said, I'm not buying one because I was disappointed by its quality
>>
Did anyone even ask for this shit? I saw plenty asking for an actual Galil, no one said anything about some modern, fuckugly take on it...
>>
>>31501947

I don't think so. They appeared a few years ago and now suddenly there's a stock of them available.
>>
>>31501947
No, which is exactly why no one can move it off of their shelves. IMI shat the bed hard here.
>>
>>31501503
God you sound like such a twat
>>
>>31501947
Yes. All of South America wanted this gun.
>>
>>31501468
>There is no reason to buy this in 5.56. An AR thats half the cost works just as well.

Get the fuck out.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.