[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup lads? So I'm going to make my first knife and I would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Sup lads? So I'm going to make my first knife and I would like your opinion about what would be the easier steel to heat treat? I know that O1 is fairly easy to work with it, so that's my choice for now, what do you guys think? Thanks
>>
>>31500612

Why would you ask this kind of a question here?

The majority of knife posters on this board neither use nor sharpen their knives, much less knowing the slightest thing about metallurgy or knife making.

Go ask on HypeFreeBlades and the makers sections of BladeForums if you want any useful advice.
>>
>>31501149
>Why would you ask this kind of a question here?
Because I can. freeshrugs.jpeg
>>
>>31501266

Then you should definitely use s110v! Or maybe M390, I heard that was good! :^)
>>
>>31500612
Spring steel is best steel.
>>
>>31501320
Mate those forums are circlejerk and I don't even have accounts there. Plus there's a few knowledgeable anons here, if anyone helps good, if not then nothing of valor was lost anyways.

>m390
I wish since I love it but I'm already fucked to work with a simple steel much less with one that would require experience that I don't have.
>>
>>31500612

Dude, you should use 10v! It has badass edge retention!
>>
>>31501382
>HURR DURR I don't want to go ask on forums where there are people with masses of experience in making knives and heat treating cutlery steels.

Okay.
>>
>>31501382
>Mate those forums are circlejerk and I don't even have accounts there.

so, you're saying that a forum where people who know the subject inside out and agree with other people who also know their shit, and call out and strongly disagree with chucklefucks who have no clue what they're doing is a "circlejerk".

and its too much effort to click "register" and create an account that will take all of 30 seconds?

Hrm. In that case, I strongly recommend you use rebar, a RR spike (make sure it has "HC" on the head) and a lawnmower blade.

Because you're clearly a fucktard who's not going to learn anything if told anything worthwhile, so you might as well waste scrap.
>>
>>31500612
/diy/ usually has a knife making thread up, try there
>>
This is gonna sound weird, but you should actually consider posting this on /tg/. I know there's a few guys on there who do smithing work that have threads occasionally, you might get lucky
>>
>>31502285
tl;dr

>>31503999
>>31503977
Thanks buds.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.