[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ didnt work so So im a us resident and i have eu citizenship,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2016-09-29-11-29-08.png (269KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-29-11-29-08.png
269KB, 1080x1920px
/meg/ didnt work so

So im a us resident and i have eu citizenship, should i stay in the us and join the army here or go overseas and join the french legion or some other Euro militia that takes foreigners, (spain,russia,Ukraine,belgium, etc)
Just turned 18 about to finish school, should i join before or after college ?
>>
>>31500119
Go to college. Take French
>>
>>31500119
Stay with the US, join after college. Do you plan to take ROTC, the Corps of Cadets or join a military academy?
>>
>>31500140
I originally wanted to go to germa y and study then join an army but what do you guys recommend?
>>
>>31500119
don't join the Legion as long as you are white and not a slav. The Legion is just the same as your Marine Corps, a bunch of people with a lack of intelligence and too much hubris that is just in use when you don't want to loose fully trained Army units.

Rather go with the French Army, if it has to be frog, as a NCO or officer you can be sended to the Legion.
>>
>>31500230
That would require a German citizenship
>>
>>31500239
Im an eu citizen though
>>
>>31500234
Im asking which army I should join some accept foreigners like Belgium
>>
>>31500274
Citizenship of some EU country ≠ German citizenship
You need a German passport

>t. German officer

>>31500285
Spain does too, I think
>>
>>31500309
Oh shit man, hey what is
Hochschulzugangsberechtigung
Is like a high school diploma?
>>
>>31500309
>>t. German officer
Do people within the Bundeswehr make any connection to WWII? Not sure how to word this, but I was talking to a former Lt in the German Army, and he was telling me that the MG3 was still nicknamed Hitler's buzzsaw.
>>
>>31500359
Western bundeswehr was actually composed by a lot of ex-wehrmatch staff.

They even keep the Iron Cross.
>>
>>31500369
The guy I talked to was in his 30s, Im talking about very subtle (or overt i guess) things, There was a story of some soldiers painted an Afrika Korps-esque palm tree on a vehicle before going to Afghanistan.
>>
>>31500388
It's really not hard to believe because they keep most of the troop the same, panzergrenadier, fallschirmjager...

No such thing with the East German, but I heard the East German was actually more militaristic since commies find Prussian militarism to be useful.
>>
>>31500345
Bump
>>
>>31500345
It is the allowance for a German university, all German officers need to study at one of the two military universities .

>>31500359
The thing with the MG is still common, although the Nazi made ones were only used by the border control police.
Official there are no collection, although some units were allowed to use the coat of arms from former Wehrmacht or Reichswehr units.
Also some barracks kept their names, and the most tank units will have a picture of Rommel hanging somewhere and we still sing one or two old songs. But everything is strictly Wehrmacht connected and not Nazi. The chances that your ass will be ripped open when you glorify Nazi stuff or shit like that are pretty high.
>>
>>31500119
What do you want from life? The answer will be vastly different depenting on what exactly you want to do.
I wouldn't recommend the legion for everyone. It's the adventure of a lifetime, but you won't be the same at the end (and that's if you succeed the training and don't desert your time).

>>31500359
The MG 3 shares a lot of common parts with the MG42. But I've met a few nazi apologists amongst germans officiers ("we just wanted to eliminate the bolshevik menace, it a shame we were so misunderstood")
>>
>>31500484
I want to start my own business but before that i want to serve in a militia,hopefully one where i don't have to be a citizen of. I have no problem having the adventure of a lifetime, hell many adventures of a lifetime im not planning on settling down anytime soon but yeah after im 35-40 ill start my own business but until then...
>>
>>31500525
If you plan on actually doing something serious with your life, I'll repeat myself. Don't joing the Legion. Find yourself a proper Army and at least become a NCO or reserve officer
>>
>>31500525
Not who your responding to, but my advice is join US army enlisted in a combat job, get the gi bill, and then pick one of the following:
>after 1 year apply and get into a military academy, youll earn a degree and become an officer
>after 2 years reclass to counter intelligence
>when your contract is almost over reenlist into intelligence or cyber
>finish contract then go to school in california so that you get paid 3.5k a month while you earn your degree and pay 1k rent. Then travel the world on spontaneous weekend flights to random places.

Idk about other countries but the US has some amazing benefits for vets when applying for loans and such or business type shit. For example my buddy started up a bamboo farm in oklahoma, with his veterans business loan.

The reason i suggest combat type job is because they have a short contract compared to other jobs, and youll get to do and learn shit you cant on the outside. Sure you can have a good time in any other field, i did in intel. But i also regret that after 5 years in intel, i didnt get to do any cool military combat type shit. And for people who say pick a job that will help outside, is sort of nonsense, since all outside civ and gov jobs require a degree. I have 5 years intel exp and im competing with people who only have a 4 year degree with 1 year exp, or a graduate degree with no exp. Pick something that you cant do in the outside world.
>>
>>31500549
Ok so no legion, any other army that accepts for foreigners or go for us and go sf?
>>
>>31500668
So something like army rangers or 18x contract ?
>>
>>31500675
Just go to your own Army, you shouldn't die for any other country.
>>
>>31500885
But i don't want to go back to venezuela... im a us resident though so us army is the next step, should i try for 18x?
>>
>>31500119
If you have EU citizenship you can join the Irish Army. Since you already speak English, that's probably the best bet.

You'll probably never see combat though which kind of sucks.
>>
>>31500902
I speak Spanish and a little deutsch
>>
>>31500901
If you think the US are worth the risk you take with becoming a soldier take it. Also which EU citizenship are you holding?

>>31500902
Also this sounds like an idea.
>>
>>31500927
Spanish citizenship
>>
>>31500761
No not those specific. Im talking, 11x, 13f, 12b, 19d, 19k, etc

I didnt mention sf and the likes for a reason. They arent sure things. The pathways i listed are all sure things(maybe not the counter intel, but i havnt seen anyone denied).

I mean hell, you could go 18x, but if worst case you get dropped, then what, your career goals get trashed. And then you end up hating your life for the remainder of your contract.

At least with my ways, youll start out reasonably well, and whichever pathway you choose from that list, will lead you to another reasonable few years until youve decided youve fulfilled your obligations and got what you wanted out of the service. Then you can grow old, start your business with the many veteran incentive programs, and live life not having to worry about half the shit normal people do like college loans or health insurance.

Now, i dont know what other countries militaries give as incentives, the ones i do know of dont give shit. But i do know the us military gives alot of shit.

When i got out, i bought a house near an airforce base with the veterans loan, which i rent out to 2 people, and that nets me 200 profit per month after bills. I live there rent free, while going to school on the gi bill which nets me 3.7k a month tax free, because gi bill plus i have the kicker bonus for more gi bill money. And i get an extra 800 a month for va disability now, since all the minor injuries i got from the army added up(tinnitus, carpal tunnel, etc). Ya it may sound bad or like im cheating, but fuck that, i will take as much as they give. Why not take free money? Its like when i first got out everyone was ashamed i took unemplyment. I was like why not? There is unemployment money specific for veterans. Also i forgot to mention the extra 300$ i get from vocrehab for going to school.

All i do now is go shooting every weekend, or roadtrip. When i have long holidays i go to other countries.
>>
>>31500902
The Irish Army has a waiting list about ten years long and it's mostly filled with the sons of former Irish Army soldiers.
>>
>>31500956
Why do you want to go to Germany then? We get paid like shit and our equipment is mostly in shitty condition.
>>
>>31500525
Don't join the legion. It may sound cliché, but they really break and rebuild the recruits; after 5 years you're gonna be a bit crazy and unfit for comfy office job. Legion is for people whose life is complete shit, that need to get away as far as possible, want to enter a brotherhood and to be able to overcome any obstacle by mcguyverism and liberal amount of force. Also seing exotic countries, but for the most part it's getting away from home.

Also, I reread your OP: GET A DIPLOMA. Try to get a course that allows you to join directly afterwards/have the army pay your college, but as a rule education is very valuable, and you'll get better opportunities and pay in the army.
>>
>>31500994
I dont want to join the German army just education
>>
Op here, i wanna thank all you guys for all the help so far i think im gonna join the us army 11x or 13f most likely, if that doesnt work then spanish military
>>
>>31501004
Fucking this^ im joining after uni
>>
>>31500234
>>31500549

whats wrong with the legion?

t. slav
>>
>>31501004
>mfw dont join the legion posts got me scared
>mfw post explaining why makes me want to join even more
>>
>>31500957
Dude this is literally perfect thank you so much im gonna do some research on these Mos and join right after uni
>>
>>31501103
Its not a bad idea of it fits your life/goals
>>
>>31501083
read >>31501004 basically that
>>
>>31500140
>Corps of Cadets
Fellow aggiefag?
>>
>>31501147
it does, i want to gtfo and see placrs, plus im sick of life so i dont mind dying in some shithile, i want to become something, my country makes it really dificult. how would i join the legion anyway? does it require any kind of military experience or not? what should i look out for if i join?
>>
>>31501280
>how do I join the Legion?
Go to a Legion recruiting station in France. There is no other way.
>does it require military experience.
No, but it helps if you do.
>what should I look out for if I join?
Are you gay? Are you flabby or overly tall or short? Can you do at least 4 pullups? How's your cardio? Are you missing more than 4 teeth?
>>
the funny thing about the Legion is that when France is in a major war they send them in until they run out of enlists and NCOs and just rebuild it after the war.
>>
>>31501280
>does it require any kind of military experience or not?
It's better but not necessary.
I suggest you train beforehand to get a good level of fitness. It improves your chances of being recruited, and will ensure you don't become the weak link of your batch or break something during training, and you'll be able to choose a nice regiment. Plus you'll adapt faster to the exercises. Also learn french.
If you can, don't join in autumn/winter, since the training barracks aren't heated, and ponds are even colder.

Above all, give satisfation. Don't be a bootlicker (seriously, don't, it won't gain you any points), but always volunteer and obey. Think "I'm here to do stuff, I love doing stuff, as soon as someone gives me stuff to do I'm gonna make sweet love to that stuff". Willpower and motivation are key. You'll eat shit for 7 weeks, but it's worth it in the end. You just have to keep getting up.
Help your comrades but don't bow to them. They're not your friends, they're your brothers. Your retarded brothers that comes from the dregs of worldwide society. You won't survive without them.

Be very cautions with what you loan, be wary of thieves.

Sleep when you can, eat when you can.
Don't do anything illegal before your training period is over. Afterwards, just don't get caught.

And learn french.

http://www.legion-recrute.com/index.php

Think about it seriously. It's 5 years of your life, and you can't quit on the way unless you desert.

And as much as I like the french army, it has some pretty shitty sides, including incompetent leaders with an inflated ego, stupid rules, not-so-awesome pay, worn-out gear, corrupt and unsupportive politicians, and ungrateful civilians (the last point is a bit better since the terror attacks, though).
>>
>>31501371
im 174cm, i can do at least 10 pull ups, i have most of my teeth, missing one or two. how do i get to france without a visa?

>>31501552

thank you VERY MUCH, helpful post
>>
>>31501577
US passport, yes
Spanish, yes
Venezuela, yes
>>
>>31500230
>>31500239
>>31500274
Studying here in germany does not require a german passport. Joining the army does tho. Well OP, come to germany to study, because you pay almost nothing compared to the US and afterwards join a military of your liking and become a Officer or something´. Or scrap the idea completly and drink alot of beer and fuck german women, we're the biggest cucks in the world, so we wouldn't mind but maybe watch...
>>
>>31501757
kek'd, but moving here and living here will propably cost him as much as studying in the US. And we all know German beer is to strong for burgers
>>
>>31501785
Yeah but the Burgers are one of the nicest people to befriend. Loyal and nice and there when you need them and always fucked up at every party. I wouldn't mind one more here in germany.
>>
>>31501757
Im so sorry about your country man, im gonna study, invest in your economy and all that, afterwards im going back to the us for the army
>>
>>31501133
Well if youre going university, dont enlist lmao. Go officer. Only reason to enlist after getting a degree is if you have less than 2.5gpa or you got a shitty student loan you have to make monthly payments on.

Join any branch as an officer. If youre the type who is doing mil for future LEO job, then go coast guard
>>
>>31502104
What if im goung into business should i still go officer? Wht are the benefits of goung officer?
>>
>>31500369
Iron Cross has been a German military symbol since 1813 you tit
>>
>>31502158
Much better pay, less dangerous and easier work
>>
>>31502200
I like it thanks bro so the plan so far is this, go to Germany for fall semester 2017 study till i get my business degree at some point in 2021 ish come to america and enlist as an officer in 18x,12b, or something along those lines
>>
>>31502299
Nice plan, bro. Keeps in mind our gun laws are pretty strict.
>>
>>31502351
I know it sucks ass but apparently i have to join a shooting club for a year before buying guns right?
>>
>>31502367
Yes, I still have 11 months of my year left. Sucks, but you can buy a lot when you have the license
>>
>>31500119
Another anon here with similar issue.

I'm a US born, US citizen that fucking despises the politicizing of the military, and the fucking disastrous policies Carter has enacted under Obama, that are likely irreversible.

I am also of Irish heritage, with grandparents born there, and one pair living there still, this means I can get Irish Citizenship. Which in turn means I can get UK citizenship.

I could claim my Irish citizenship, move there and join the Irish Army within a year, and while part of me really, really wants to do that, part of me realizes that even with all of the fucking horrible policies Carter has enacted, the US Military will always be deployed/deploying and I'll be able to see combat with them.

Why I want to see combat is not because "Oh man I wanna shoot someone". I think it's a litmus test for myself, to see if I can handle it.
>>
>>31502399
What can you buy after you get the license?
>>
>>31502503
Depends what you are shooting at your gun club or if you have a hunting license. With hunting you can but any bolt action, even semi auto rifles, shot guns and hand guns. As a sport shooter it's everything you can use in your club, shotguns, revolvers and handguns of any caliber in my case.
>>
>>31501222
I'm at A&M but I didn't get s ROTC scholarship so I'm just gonna do OCS instead.
>>
>>31502442
What policies?
>>
>>31502628
Women in Combat Arms
Trannies serving
Military paying for tranny surgery
Forcing women through SOF courses
Ignoring generals and facts for political correctness
Soldiers/Sailors/Etc getting away with absolute fucktardery because "muh oppression"

Shit like that. The military exists for two purposes.

1) Protect the US from attacks
2) Make the enemy more deader.

Any other social service is retarded and not the purpose of the military.
>>
File: 1474793994450.png (19KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1474793994450.png
19KB, 429x410px
>>31502744
>Trannies serving
>Military paying for tranny surgery
>And they still call us europoors chucks
you can't make this shit up
>>
File: columbinefrogmeme.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
columbinefrogmeme.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
>>31502776
>Chucks
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.