[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys feel about 45ACP as a SHTF gun? I have four handguns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1467515435027.jpg (68KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467515435027.jpg
68KB, 1087x720px
How do you guys feel about 45ACP as a SHTF gun? I have four handguns in 9mm, as well as a SBRd mpx. Got offered a Ruger Precision Rifle for my Springfield Operator, so I'm up in the air about trading and not too attached to the gun as I don't shot 45acp often at all. One less caliber I'd have to own ammo for when I could just keep it simple with one round.

How do you guys feel about 45acp, and would you guys make the trade in my case?
>>
>>31496359

it's the next best thing to have a SHTF handgun chambered in, and I say this because of availability
>>
>>31496391
What about this as opposed to 9mm?
>>
>>31496359
buy the Ruger PR and gouge for it.
First though think about how much you have sunk into your Operator. If you've got more than 1200 dollars in it, I would decline that trade (as that is the approximate value of the RPR)
>>
>>31496359
Almost all your foes would be wearing ballistic vests, and 45ACP sucks against those. 45ACP would be good for unarmored targets, or just straight up killing game I suppose.
>>
>>31496359

Sub calibers will do you no good in a SHTF situation. They're great for carrying and home defense in normal situations, but if shit really did but the fan you'd need a full powered rifle cartridge.
>>
File: 1470730524463.png (11KB, 415x416px) Image search: [Google]
1470730524463.png
11KB, 415x416px
>>31496427
I'll note, this guy has done everything possible to the RPR you can do to one aside from changing the barrel. Has a seekins Rpr rail (the enhanced one,) Magpul PRS, B&T Monopod, Harris BRM bipod, LRI shroud, and a Surefire Socom brake. Comes out to around $750 in upgrades. Only 120 Rds down the pipe.

He wants my operator and $325, which isn't a terrible deal to me. Paid $650 for my operator, and got $120 in upgrades in it. What do you guys think?
>>
>>31496412
I can carry more 9mm than you could 45 and sustain a firefight for much more longer.
>>
>>31496359
My pistols are limited to 2 calibers. .45 ACP and 9mm.( I have a 22LR pistol because of SHTF ammo availability ) Basically, because again, SHTF situation amo availability. I like a 1911, HK 45 USP, I have a couple of XD variaints in 45 and 9mm, glocks too.

>>31496492
This guy is right too. If that is your ONLY weapon in a SHTF situation.. Yeah. Not so much.
>>
>>31496359
Maybe if youre gonna do some super-silent Solid Snake operating
10mm would probably be better or 9mm
>>
>>31496684
>super-silent
>10mm
>>
It would do just fine but 9mm is lighter and more common nationwide since its the most common civilian LEO and military pistol round
>>
>>31496359

for SHTF, 45 is the best round.

Why? unlike 9mm, it's not totally dependent on some small select choice of "modern hollow point ammo".

If you get stuck with FMJ, 45 is the best option.

Granted, this is only really applicable to SHTF/Happening, not realistic 3-5 shot self defense scenarios
>>
>>31496536

upgrades have no resell value.

I never factor them in personally, for buying or selling, as I don't care why the previous owner bought some crimson trace or whatever.
>>
>>31496359
>mfw RSD-15

I saw one at the IRM as a child. My parents have a picture of bab me standing in front of the conductor's seat.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.