[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever milled their own gun? I just inherited

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0014.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0014.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Has anyone here ever milled their own gun?

I just inherited a house with a huge, well-equipped machine shop. I've been looking at PDFs from those extremist IRA and white resistance types, and most of those guns look easy to make; even relatively safe.

From my understanding Sten guns were made to be easily produced and fixed for resistance fighters in Europe.

Any tips? Besides hand insurance?
>>
Quadruple check welds and tolerances, they arent meant to be sub moa but i have seen some homemades blow apart from recoil
>>
>>31493387

Find a simple and sturdy plateform to get started and see how good of a job you've done;

Shoot it repeatedly without holding it to see how it reacts. If a thousand bullets don't make it fall apart then you're g2g;

An open bolt recoil operated smg would be the must imo, the blueprints are fuckeasy to find, not to mention the do/k/ument
>>
>>31493387

Other than making guns for a living?

Yes,,, I have...
>>
>>31493858
Have I missed something? What is the 'do/k/ument'?
>>
>>31493387
hi atf
>>
File: tmp_15649-IMAG0264-782679534.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15649-IMAG0264-782679534.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
Unless you have experience as a machinist and know extensively what you're doing, I'd advise just sticking to 80%s unless you like watching metal blocks get JUST'd
>>
>>31493886
A part of the ar/k/
>>
>>31493914
Y'all need to lowkey stop talking about the do/k/ument so much, I've seen it brought up in all kinds of threads lately. Remember- loose lips sink ships, and these newfriends can't be trusted
>>
>>31493906
Minor machining experience- but I have all of the tools at my disposal. I'm sure I can wrangle up a few army buddies that know more than me.

>>31493948
Not really a newfag to /k/. I was part of the Rhodesian camo fiasco. Honestly never heard of the do/k/ument, senpai.
>>
>>31493387

That's illegal.
>>
>>31494115
I have all the tools available to amputate my own leg, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 600x315px
>>31493948
>>
>>31494115
What happened to the Rhodie camo?

Didn't some chinese company steal the design or something?
>>
>>31495173
Scamming tripfags. They were incompetent every step of the way. Incorrect patterns and tiles, wrong shades, terrible, sub-par materials, and they couldn't negotiate with chink factories.

Some lucky bastards (me included) got in on a group buy with some decent repro stuff from a Chinese factory. Mine has held up very well.
>>
>>31494709
Surprisingly, no.
>>
It's perfectly legal to make your own firearms, but they're not transferable by any means unless you have a FFL and put a serial number on them.

Just make sure the firearm you make is legal. If you can't rifle your own barrel, either buy one or make sure it's the legal length for a shotgun barrel. An unrifled barrel makes it a shotgun no matter what kind of projectile you intend to shoot out of it.
>>
>>31493948
Havent heard of this do/k/cument, is it a bunch of blueprints to make firearms? If so, if be happy to contribute
>>
>>31497034
>Just make sure the firearm you make is legal.
So you can't make anything NFA?
>>
>>31498082
Officially no, but unofficially...

>the amount of rednecks who made highly unsafe bullet hoses in their garage are probably in the eight figures by now
>>
>>31493387
start with professor parabellum. he has easy to understand diagrams.
>>
>>31493880
Don't keep us all waiting
>>
I have made a few guns in my spare time in the machine shop of the gun store I work at part-time. Plenty of 80%ers over time, and two pieces of my 100% own design and all my own parts (except rifled and chambered barrels). I encourage experimentation, but If I have any advice to offer it is this:

- Be careful with headspace! On any home-made firearm, excessive headspace can be the end of the project, and maybe a finger or eyeball too.

- Know your materials and their limits. Anything that has to absorb bolt thrust must have more careful consideration than anything else. You can find well-documented properties of metals online. Make sure you have a "safety factor" of at least 1.5, if not 2x what your material is rated to withstand.

I made a pen gun in 5.7x28mm, and a single-shot 20x102mm electric cannon (yes, both registered NFA items). Luckily neither of them have killed me yet.

I'm not a robot
>>
>>31495173

scam just like museum quality bakelites.
>>
>>31499734
>I'm not a robot

Saying things like that makes me doubt you.
>>
If you have a machine shop, let alone a well-equipped one, I think you can set your sights a little higher than STENs and shit. Plus, STENs have stamped parts. I mean I guess you can make a die and press them yourselves, but it would seem much more efficient for a small scale production to go for an all machined design.
>>
>>31499734
It was unfortunate in blacksburg they wouldn't let you shoot the cannon.
>>31499764
Can confirm not a robot. Not going to discount cyborg, but Josh seemed very organic based at nuggetfest.
>>
>>31493387
>Milling guns
>Sten
No dude, go back to square one and look at other things to make.
>>
>>31493387
Wish I lived in neighborhood .....Many years prototype experience on several machines . I would lend a hand just for the fun of it . USA 815 area
>>
>>31493387
Do not make an open bolt weapon unless you dont like your dog
>>
>>31498055
Same here. I have been looking to manufacture a few
>>
>>31503595

The barrel, barrel nut, bolt, and cocking handle on a Sten are all milled.
>>
>>31494709
Nope. As long as your not selling them and they aren't full fun.

In that case it's all good as long as you gib Sam his cut.
>>
File: weading.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
weading.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>31493387
>I just inherited a house with a huge, well-equipped machine shop

OK, it's story and picture time.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.