[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given the autonomy to do what they need to do, can a 50 strong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1457917890071.jpg (3MB, 3319x2212px) Image search: [Google]
1457917890071.jpg
3MB, 3319x2212px
Given the autonomy to do what they need to do, can a 50 strong sf team clean the criminality from a 1M pop city?
>>
No.
>>
>>31492630
No.

SF going in is the 1% of a operation.
99% is intel gathering.

They dont just *go in* and *clean shit*.
>>
>>31492630
Organized gangs?
Yes.
Every single criminal out there?
No.

It would come down to them initiating intra and inter gang conflict and sweeping up the remains.
>>
>>31492630
>he thinks all crime is committed by organised people that can be hunted down

>has no idea that the majority of crimes are opportunistic

Come the weekend your 50 guys will have no ability to break up pub fights across the city, prevent traffic offences, prevent graffiti and theft let alone police any kind of large event that is likely to occur on a weekly basis in a city of 1m.
>>
The criminal secretions are of a want not a need. You need an opportunity to commit the crime you do not want to want to commit a crime you just sorta do it when was the last time you crossed you back yard and wondered if I far this very moment will a bear spray that tree or will a fawn find its cryptic brief walk across the thin layer of icy pond the stammering shock of drowning in very cold water
>>
>>31492630
A mission requires a clearly defined objective to be accomplished. Cleaning up a city is not a clearly defined objective. Could they probably decapitate several organized crime groups with proper intel ( a BIG if) and cart blanche in terms of what is acceptable in terms collateral? Probably. Could they remove literally all the criminals in a city with 1 million people? Absolutely not.
>>
They'd run riot on the career criminals if required, but as others have pointed out they can't sort out every brawl, robbery and drug deal going.
>>
>>31492630
The premise of the question is ludicrous on its face because it assumes that the government's best trained military assets would ever be used to thwart criminal enterprise.

The drug trade and security industrial complex are obscenely profitable to government. SF would go in to SUPPORT criminal elements.
>>
Doesn't seem to work for brazil
>>
>Enact strong curfew at night
>Everyone in the city out after 10pm that isn't ems marked is free game
>Street lights off
>50 spread out in the city in groups of two with nvg and rifles
Realistic? No. Effective? No clue
>>
>>31492630
DESU policing and military is quite different. You don't use SWAT for everything.
>>
>>31492830

Sadly, you just described Afghanistan to a degree. Crime does not equal a non-functioning government. In many cases, crime actually supports government
>>
>>31492786
We invented proper grammar for a reason. You don't have to nail it spot on, but holy fuck, you could at least try
>>
>>31492865
Sounds like Casus Belli for Citizen Uprising
>>
>>31492933
Ya, basically why I said not realistic
>>
>>31492917
Hey, auto text and the need to not have to use a single properly placed puntuaction why you asked as I describe your need to dick around my thread the why as you have so calmly reminded me is said to be that my education has brought my realization that I just don't have or want too
>>
>>31492630
kill anyone non-white other than asians. Boom guaranteed drop in crime
>>
If you killed all the criminals, new ones would move in to take over the vacancies you created
>>
>>31492630
Could SF kill a bunch of untrained people? Yeah of course. But all crime isn't punishable by death nor should it be. If you're talking about taking out drug dealers then that's just stupid. Criminality is defined by the government creating the laws. Going on 4chan could be a crime, it's arbitrary. If drugs were legalized there would be huge ass parties that you aren't invited to. Then what would you hate on? People obeying the law but doing things you don't like or are afraid to try? That's such a stupid concept and such a stupid question you should actually get yourself evaluated.

Organized crime is centered around drugs. Without drugs then what the fuck are they going to do? Legalizing drugs would be the worst thing you could do to organized crime. They just can't profit from violence alone. They need drugs to be illegal to remain profitable. That's a fact. The other crimes aren't organized.

So if you want to kill all robbers or rapists then you're looking for individuals or small groups. SF would be fucking perfect at it if we set them loose but that's just not how things work. I wouldn't even object to that, I'd probably sign up but that's not how things work. I don't want to get a job where I hand out speeding tickets and tell people to turn their music down. All because other people are afraid of going fast or afraid of telling people to turn their music down.
>inb4 your music is always blaring.
No. Right now my music is at an appropriate volume and my neighbors can't hear it.
>>
>>31492865
Who the fuck would want to live there?
>>
>>31492630

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlX7aYxMr_M
>>
>>31493598
>Drugs aren't a problem
Kys druggie.
>>
>>31493962
No thanks.
>>
>>31492630
No.
>>
>>31492630
How's Baghdad?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.