[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the French will replace the FAMAS with the HK 416, also a fr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: FAMAS dead.png (285KB, 2447x1704px) Image search: [Google]
FAMAS dead.png
285KB, 2447x1704px
the French will replace the FAMAS with the HK 416, also a french made rifle did not compete in the trials to replace the FAMAS!!!

why did the French just not upgrade all the rifles to the FAMAS G2?? instead of buying a new rifle

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/07/18/breaking-france-downselects-famas-rifle-replacement-bids-belgium-germany/
>>
>>31489901
Because their government shut down their arms factory
>>
>>31489901
For the thousandth time, the factory that makes the parts shut a long time ago, there is no way to upgrade or relace the current parts.
>>
>>31489901
Because the factory that produced the FAMAS went bankrupt 15 years ago
>>
>>31489912
>>31489916
>>31489917
hory shit I didn't that, how hard is it to just upgrade the Famas to G2?
>>
>>31489901
back before ww2 the french nationalized all of their weapon companies and had them merge. it was a cluster fuck and after ww2 a lot of french companies got shut down or went under. I do not even think France makes any small arms anymore. they do ships, planes, tanks and other vehicles but that is it
>>
>>31489934
Very if the factory that made them no longer exists.
>>
File: FAMAS fail.jpg (31KB, 585x334px) Image search: [Google]
FAMAS fail.jpg
31KB, 585x334px
>>31489901
sad none of these ended up getting made!!! at least the british had more variation on their sa80
>>
I do not know why the french made the FAMAS and fucked this amazing rifle by making it use steel-casing 5.56x45mm ammunition which NO OTHER NATO NATION uses. if you use standard nato 5.56 it will damage the famas!!! french always fuck things up
>>
The question has already been answered, but also note that the F1's in service were never meant to be converted to the G2 standard, but to the FELIN standard, done by Humbert, Beretta's foothold in France. The G2 has been dead right after the Navy's order was complete.
>>
>>31489934
You can't, the lower assembly (which has the barrel, magwell, and fore end) is basically one piece so might as well just build new FAMAS G2s and even if you could they wouldn't be able to without contracting the job out to a foreign company.
>>
>>31490052
thanks for the info, man what a shame France made some really awesome weapons back in the day
>>
so are we gonna get some milsurp FAMAS now?
>>
>>31490036
The original ammo developped for the FAMAS F1 was brass cased and was identical to the US M193. The French military then switched to steel case to lower costs. Later on, after the last state owned ammo factory was shut down around 2001, the military started to acquire M193 ammo from various nations. The problem appeared when they bought a M855/SS109 batch by mistake, they noticed accuracy was lacking (because of the 1:12 barrel twist) and that breakages were more frequent, both because of the higher pressure of the SS109 round and because the rifles are so worn out.
A French military blog ran by some retarded journalist who doesnt know jack about anything (quite a plenoasm, I know) started to talk about the issue, mentionning 70 incidents out of 35 millions cartridges fired (which
is pretty much a non-issue statistically speaking anyway), but didn't understand the cause, so he blamed the SS109 ammo batch in question as being of low quality because it wasn't made in France and some of it was bought from shitholes such as the Arab Emirates. The American website TheFirearmblog heard of the subject, ran the original blog article through google translation, and came to the conclusion from whatever gibberish that came out that the problem was because the FAMAS cannot handle brass cased ammo.

tl;dr : some retard in military procurement ordered the wrong batch of ammo and it caused some minor issues, some French journalist assumed it was because the ammo was of low quality and tried to turn the issue into a national scandal (but no one actually gave a fuck, even in the military), some American blog assumed it's because the ammo was brass cased, even though the French military has been using foreign made, brass cased M193 ammo from various countries for the last 15 years without any issue.

Hence how the "FAMAS can only shoot steel cased ammo" meme was born.
>>
>>31489901
is that a famas?
>>
>>31490079
I hate the firearms blog
>>
>>31489901
Oh look, it's that thread again
>>
>>31490079
I want to believe you, but please show us some source on those claims
>>
>>31491727
how about niggers prove the original clame that it cant shoot brass cased ammo? oh wait that has already been busted.
>>
>>31489901
such a shame, a great looking bullpup is going under and is replaced by an ar design

i want MORE small arms diversity not less reeeeeee
>>
>>31489901
How long till the meme legion gets a whiff of those 416s?
>>
>>31492115

You mentioned specific places, I'd like to see you back that up with some specific links, if anything for my own interest.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.