[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, I think it's time I get a surplus C&R bolt action.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1454411392197.jpg (2MB, 4855x4360px) Image search: [Google]
1454411392197.jpg
2MB, 4855x4360px
/k/, I think it's time I get a surplus C&R bolt action.

While I would love to have the money and reloading equipment to supplement the cash I'll have to dish out for the less common ammo, which C&R bolt guns and more importantly, what caliber ammo will be more easy on the wallet to shoot? What has the more available surplus ammo?

SURE, I know most people will chime in with the nugget, but other than the nugget? I've been looking at the Swiss straight pulls or the mauser rifles.

Any input?
>>
just get an AR-15
>>
>>31487247
A large-ring Mauser has a wealth of cheap aftermarket parts, everything from triggers to barrels in all sorts of calibers. And it'll last forever. I'd go with that, unless you're enamored of a particular rifle because you dig the army that used it or the historical period it was fielded in.
>>
>>31487262
I have an AR-15
I also have a pump 12ga
a couple handgats
just got an SKS
have garand on the way

Outside of maybe a modern bolt action, a revolver, and a battle rifle in .308
I think I'm set for being well-rounded.
>>
File: biggestassholemove.jpg (93KB, 634x608px) Image search: [Google]
biggestassholemove.jpg
93KB, 634x608px
>>31487274
I am sort of partial to the K98, but then again, I am up for anything that won't kill my wallet to shoot or have to resort to 1-2 sites online to buy some ultra rare ammo.

That's NOT a nugget.
>>
>>31487285
The fuck did you post that for? Possums are bros. They better have fucking cured it and gave it a bunch of mealworms to cover up the taste of the painkillers.

And yeah, Nuggets are no longer the entry-level poorfag rifle with plentiful cheap corrosive ammo of choice. But it will always be /k/'s national rifle. Far as Mausers go, visit midwayusa or Brownell's and look at all the cheap incredible goodies you can hang off that action. They even have a repro 20-round WW1 trench magazine for Chrissake.
>>
File: 1472520328666.jpg (101KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1472520328666.jpg
101KB, 1200x630px
>>31487316
he's fine.
But field points should just stay on ranges, not for hunting.

And all the 6.5 swiss, 7mm, 8mm are around the same in terms of cost?
I also would love to own a japanese arisaka, but that ammo is beyond my reach right now.
>>
>>31487316
Seeing as those are crossbow bolts, I wager some dipshit engaged in some backyard archery with the totally sweet crossbow he got at the flea market, and didn't construct a proper backstop. Bolts go straight through his targets, and hit the opossum. Happens to a lot of cats too. Growing up I had a cat that got hit in the eye with a BB, vet told us it was likely the same as above, but swap out cross bow for BB gun.
>>
>>31487325
Good.

Gunbot is the best way I know of for keeping your finger on the pulse of ammo prices. Try that. And like I say, you can rebarrel a K98 for anything you want, cheap.
>>
>>31487329
but two bolts? I can maybe understand one bolt accidentally hitting the poor guy, but a 2nd? Even if the asshole tried to "put it out of its misery" by shooting a 2nd, why stop if the 2nd didn't kill it?
>>
File: IMG_20160816_193109.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160816_193109.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
If you get the chance to buy a Turkish mauser with a good bore they are great rifles. I paid $100 for my 1903 and $150 for my 1942. Very accurate and less recoil from that big long barrel. How do you like tossing 200gr projectiles downrange at nearly 3000fps?
>>
>>31487247
>ww2 Famas and XM8
It triggers me so much, and I don't even know why.
>>
>>31487329
>accidentally hit the possum first time
>try to put it out from its misery with a point-blank shot to the head
>this motherfucker keep screaming and kicking
>shit, immortal possum, better bring it to the vet
>>
Sks and nugget are the undisputed winners for your criteria. The rifle and ammo are cheap and available.

A mauser variant is probably next. You can still get ammo for it but theres way less availability.
>>
How good are Spanish Mausers?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.