[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ it's finally time for me to enlist. I've posted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: r6lqyqe1ac2lshcvxyl2.jpg (631KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
r6lqyqe1ac2lshcvxyl2.jpg
631KB, 2048x1024px
/k/ it's finally time for me to enlist. I've posted here several times about new firearms i've aquired and things ive learned. But I feel its all useless unless i serve in my nation's military. I'm 20 and i've spent my entire life as an insulation worker in cramped spaces of upwards of 150 degree fareinheit for multiple hours. So i was thinking asking for 19k and being a tanker. Any advice or denial is greatly appreciated from those who are experienced and/or might offer me any words of encouragement or discouragement. I just need adivce. Thank you.
>>
As a 19A (armor officer) I'd say make sure enlisting is what you want to do. The military isn't for everyone. There's some phenomenal people out there in the military that will blow you away, and there's also a lot of people that would be incapable of surviving outside of the military without someone telling them to do everything every minute of their life, and also are total weirdos.

However, if you're set on joining, I would say 19K is a great choice. Armor I think is a great branch as a whole because the leadership typically does not take themselves as seriously as the infantry dudes, but also isn't totally full of shammers (though fat tankers are pretty common).

Plus as a 19K you get to work on Abrams or on the Stryker MGS which are both pretty great platforms.
>>
>>31486658
I am an eagle rank boy scout (as if that means anything) but i am very used to rough living conditions. My biggest fear is my parents. As if I drop out of college and enlist they will totally disown me. I'm ready for that as I control my own destiny, but I just need to be confident that 19k and the US army will not automatically lead me into a life of poverty as my parents have told me it certainly will.
>>
>>31486564
>But I feel its all useless unless i serve in my nation's military.
As someone who's in it now, meh, you aren't missing much and it doesn't make you less of a man for not joining.

Besides, if you join, you still get shit on.
>join AF, get shit on by Army and Marines
>join either of those and be a desk POG, get shit on by everyone else in your branch
>join either of those and be a field POG, get shit on by the grunts
>join either as a grunt, get shit on by the rangers/airborne legs/etc
>join rangers/airborne, get shit on by the SOF
>join SOF, get told by the MPs how they're your combat brothers
>join the MPs, get laughed at and scorned by even the AF
>>
>>31486809
So what else should i do. My only real skill is firearm training in which im proven to accurately take down a deer at 300m. Thats about it. I have friends who are jealous and look up to my shooting abilities but i've never been proud as its my only skill and im 1 of 4 siblings who are all in the professional field. I dont know what else to do. I beg anyone for advice as i am simply not trying to suffer the rest of my life in comparison to my siblings. My family already looks down upon me.
>>
>>31486564

We ALREADY HAVE A GENERAL

Delete this stupid fucking thread.

Also, as someone who had to join in order to afford college, don't fucking do it. Don't do it. Finish your degree and do something useful.
>>
you'll regret it for the rest of you're life m8

but I guess you can get credit from retards by going "hurr I served..... in peacetime...."
>>
>>31486916
My degree is history. Something I am amazing at understanding and getting good grades in but something this modern world of ignorance and totally stupidity does not appreciate. I have also tried a political science degree but both have offered me no consolidation. I do not believe in the modern college system as it as simply turned into a modern democratic scam. I need to find something else and if there is truly nothing else im simply going to kill myself. I have no other options but to suffer.
>>
>>31486876
I'll give you some advice as I struggled with the same decision, twice. First it was military. I ended up deciding not to join due to moral considerations.

Then I got an associates in policing and never handed in a single job app due to, again, moral considerations.

Finally I just started working in heavy industry, which is what I did after high school in the first place.

Now I have lots of money (88k total benefits as of last year) working in the mining industry and the people I work with the are great and I love what I do.

So here's what I'd do: go to work for five years. Take a few different kinds of Jo s. Work retail at least once, and a factory job and maybe get an associates degree or certification in some professional fall-back type of career like auto maintenance.

THEN decide if there isn't some better opportunity out there.
>>
>>31486987

Wow that's edgy. Try a degree in psychology or psychiatry.

Also, just remember, you're a very, very special little boy, the most unique little boy in existence. You can do whatever you set your mind to.

Nobody has ever had an existential crisis in college. Fuck, I don't even think anyone has ever changed their major or dropped out even, you're a first probably. They should do a case study on you. /sarcasm

Honestly though, from someone who has been there, let me give you some advice.

Happiness and fulfilment are worth more than any degree or amount of money. I dropped out my second year of ChemE to become a police officer. Best decision of my life.

I dropped out with a 3.8 GPA, but fucking hated myself. I felt like I had no tangible value, and wanted to do something o was passionate about.

I advise you to do the same, as long as you really feel the need to.

Best of luck, friend.

Also, word to the wise, eventually you should go back to school and get a degree in your field. You make more money and can do cooler stuff.
>>
>>31486876
become Designated Marksman Rifleman
>>
>>31487037
FUCK COPS
>>
>>31487069

Wow. I've actually never been degraded so horribly just for serving my community.. Jesus..

Nevermind. Don't follow your passion. Just kill yourself, because I'm going to now.
>>
>>31487028
I live in dead central midwest and have grown up to the farming life, hard work is all i know. Im more intelligent than most of my peers, not in a edgy or crazy way. I just appreciate the finer arts in ways my peers never did but i cant seem to find practical uses for my interests.
>>
>>31487090
BLACK LIVES... MATTER!!
>>
>>31487037
Im really not trying to be edgy if anything im just bit drunk as always. Im just honestly trying to find out how i can benifit the world the most with my almost worthless life. I left a school and girlfriend in south carlolina with a 3.6 GPA and moved to the midwest but in 2 1/2 months ive spent here its so much more liberal and 100% more bullshit than my education was in SC so i honestly dont know what to do.
>>
BLACKBLACK LIVES...

BLACKBLACK BODIES.......
>>
>>31487165
>midwest
>liberal
What blue-state pustule on the landscape did you move to?
>>
>>31487061
Haha yea right. Real life isnt fucking American Sniper. I wish, but ive been taught not to expect anything more than you truly deserve.
>>
>>31487037
>Nobody has ever had an existential crisis in college. Fuck, I don't even think anyone has ever changed their major or dropped out even, you're a first probably. They should do a case study on you.

This literally never happens, though. It's just a meme from movies.

In the real world, people don't fuck this shit up. Only the bottom 2% of absolute retards manage to mess up at college.
>>
>>31487180

That's interesting, considering over half of people that start college don't finish.
>>
>>31487177
Where most of my family lives. Good ol Nebraska. Im socially liberal but fiscally conservative as most well educated people my age tend to be.
>>
>>31487183
Hes a troll. Pathetic.
>>
>>31487191
>socially liberal
Try southern California on for six months. It'll cure you of that.

In the meantime, stop trying to find geographical solutions to personal problems. It doesn't work.
>>
>>31487205
That wasnt my intent, i was just trying to be closer to my family. Location has nothing to do with it. I can live anywhere and be the the same level of happiness, which isnt very high. Hence why im retreating to this board to ask for help and advice for potential life in the military. If youre not going to give me any of the above (help or advice if your easily confused) please just go to some other board like /pol/ or /b/
>>
>>31487198
BLACK RIFLES MATTER RACIST BITCH
>>
File: IMAG0769.jpg (3MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0769.jpg
3MB, 5376x3024px
Tanks are pretty tight, go for it. I'm jelly of the Army M1A2 SEPS, We still use the M1A1 analog tanks
>>
>>31487028
>I'm a liberal pussy
The post
>>
>>31486809

>be desk POG
>smile at every bitter face that walks by
>proceed to drink my coffee
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.