[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is C39V2 worth saving? >be me ,get shilled into getting c39v2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: 20160818_190917_002.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160818_190917_002.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
is C39V2 worth saving?
>be me ,get shilled into getting c39v2 by Yaeger
>learn about extensive tests done on this rifle and explode-in-face teir metal in bolt,carrier,and recoil spring
>learn the ak market has realy went to shit lately as I waited too long
>learn cugir in romania has stopped shipping to the u.s. because of military contracts so no wasr
>learn npap's have absolute garbage teir soft receivers
>not finding any ok made kit built ak rifles in Stock such as psak
>not 21 so can't buy guns like arsenal or vepr from K-var, because of their retard rules
>gun broker is always a risk with ak's
should I just spend 200 and replace the soft teir metal parts? would it be worth it since bro teir barrel or will it explode in face other ways?
>>
>>31484288
You deserve this for not doing your homework
>>
>>31484288
>listening to buck angel
you deserve everything
>>
Always keep "assault" guns around, they are investments if anything bad happens. Bought an AK when they were $600, didnt like it, traded it for a Glock and other things, Sandy hook happened 2 weeks later
>>
>>31484324
look I know I deserve it..but I've done alot of homework since then and it's been a learning experience that's been worth it to save me from future fuckups,but It's time to move on now for me on this and figure out what to do with it
>>
>>31484288
Sell it and buy a DDI
>>
>>31484358
Wait till November and then sell it for a profit. Use that money to buy a wasr
>>
>>31484367
I heard DDI only just recently started making forged bolts and I don't think they started adding them to their new rifles yet
>>
>>31484358
look faggot, you never, ever, ever listen to any e-celebrity or youtube personality as to what you should buy.

what you do is you look up reviews, and look at the harshest reviews to see if anyone reports any legitimate problems. a lot of the worst reviews are just retards experiencing buyer's remorse or not fully understanding what they bought, but if there are legitimate concerns then people will be sure to voice them.

e-celebrities and youtube personalities will push shit products if it means getting a check. buck angel in particular is a piece of shit so it's on you for being a dumbass and listening to him.
>>
>>31484288
dont worry op i did the same thing. luckily i was able to grab an arsenal soon after. however i too am curious about switching internal parts with a polish bolt and bolt carrier. Just be sure to check headspacing if you swap the bolts!
>>
>>31484288
>Question for anyone who can answer it

Do AKs have the same level as internal customization as ARs? Is buying parts for an AK preferable to buying a pre built one like an AR?
>>
I spent days looking up other reviews on this rifle before I bought it and they were pretty much all overwhelmingly positive. I only found out it was shit RIGHT after I bought it ironicly and thought I did it
>>
>>31484397
there aren't any new wasr's and won't be for a long time because cugir stopped shipping them to the u.s. as long as they are less common they will sell for ridiculously high
>>
>>31484473
that's why you don't look at the positive reviews. you look for negative reviews that actually voice things worthy of concern.

positive reviews will almost always be worthless.
>>
>>31484426
That is wrong, DDI has been using parts kits or their forged bolts.

Nobody aside from century and IO actually use cast bolts AFAIK
>>
Buy a vepr now, eat ramen for a bit, sell this piece of shit when the prices spike during election. This is why I bitch in those "first rifle, budget $400" threads. Just save up and get a nice rifle and don't be disappointed.
>>
>>31484945
bro actualy read the post. I WANTED to buy a vepr but I literaly can't buy them online from wholesalers that sell them and transfer to ffl like K-var and Atlantic arms because they have policies that u can only buy from them if u are 21 or older so that isn't a option. if it were I would do that.
>>
>>31484826
where can I find a online supplier of DDI rifles to ship to a ffl that doesn't have a retarded only 21 and older rule like Atlantic firearms?
>>
>>31485048
AGSArmament.com
>>
>>31485048
Buy a PSA if you want U.S made, DDI is overpriced, poor workmanship, piece of shit CEO.
>>
>>31485077
what major issues have they had with their workmanship, besides pic related?
>>
>>31485140

just google DDI ak issues, plenty of threads with issues.
>>
>>31485077
also everywhere that sells them I've seen of psa gen2 are out of stock anyway
>>
>>31485077
PSA AK's have been nothing but utter trash, worse than a RAS47
>>
>>31485077
>Piece of shit CEO.
Have you tried getting laid more?
Post pics of your 2 PSA aks you got for $30
>>
>>31484514
Let me correct you.

http://grabagun.com/century-arms-arms-gp-wasr10-762x39-2-30rd.html
>>
File: 1428040579692.jpg (66KB, 956x631px) Image search: [Google]
1428040579692.jpg
66KB, 956x631px
>>31485077
>>31485151
Just google glock issues, plenty of threads with issues
>>
>>31485185
been doing fairly well in Rob Ski's 5k round test
up to 4k now
I'd consider one if I didn't already have my AK
>>
ok guys one more thing...if I do get rid of c39v2 how do I sell it? do I post online I'm selling on gun broker, go to ffl and say "hey I post gun online u transfer" or do I just have to sell it in person to a ffl and loose much moneys?
>>
>>31484288
It's a good gun OP. Ignore the haters, like seriously. Iragveteran8888 says it's a quote, "Awesome, awesome gun". Military Arms Channel says it's a good gun and yes Yeager says it's a good gun though I don't know why you would listen to him. Hickok likes it, Nut'nfancy likes it.

There's some fags on /k/ who want to convince the world that stamped receivers are better than milled in every way. That's laughable. Stamped receivers are lighter, which is great and mostly "as" good but milled receivers shoot nicer, they have tighter tolerances and soak up recoil better making a more stable platform.

Also, consider that unlike most milled AK-47's the C39V2 takes standard AKM furniture. So the aftermarket is good for this rifle.

It's fine, it's a fine rifle. Ruger makes their supposedly super strong and tough revolvers out of cast parts and nobody says a thing. Just enjoy your rifle.
>>
>>31485291
You can ship a rifle UPS or FedEx direct to a gunstore that the buyer is using, just make sure that gunstore will accept it and use adult signature and include a copy of your ID so they can receive it, or the gunstore may say it needs to be shipped by an FFL in that case do what you described, the gunshop will probably charge shipping and a transfer fee and need your ID as well. With gun broker your going to have to pay a fee if you sell something as well, overall local is the easiest to do that way you can get cash and not worry about all the above mentioned. Or just keep the C39V2 (RAS are the ones that explode or maybe the C39V1) and either sell during election or some other event.
>>
>>31485466
Also, I should ad that the V1 did suck, lots of known problems but the V2 specifically addressed and corrected those.

>>31485213
This guy gets it.
>>
Is the C39 pistol for ~$650 a good deal or a rip off?
>>
>>31484288
Buy a vepr. They are cheap and made in the motherland.
>>
>>31485466
This. /k/ adamantly believes that anyone with an even slightly positive opinion of Century or their products is a shill. I have one and it's fine. Now, had I known a WASR would be at the gun show last week would I have waited and bought that? Yes. Is it the best AK ever? No. Does it work well for its price point? Yes.
>>
File: DSC_1098.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1098.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
I like mine, haven't had any issues.
Compared to the AR, it's just as fun, or more, to shoot, it's cheaper to shoot, it shoots bigger boo-lits and is less work to clean. I like that last part a lot.
>>
Hijacking this thread

Alright /k/, say you have 1000 dollars to spend on an AK.

What do you get boys?
>>
C39V2 is more or less fine
it's "trunions" (or the equivalent surfaces anyway) are milled rather than cast like on the shitter RAS47

personally, I'd sell it and get a WASR while they're around

also, WASR isn't totally cut off, just very reduced
some batches will be coming in
you can still find them now if you wanted to sell and trade up
>>
>>31485466
iv3 seen hundreds of posts and scores of videos of people showing this specific guns parts fallen (and falling) apart I've seen one video when he just got it out of the box and the recoil spring fell aprt. I've seen countless posts where people have shown their bolt or bolt carrier literaly shredded to pieces. I would not have posted this unless I was thoroughly convinced I bought a turd and weeks of research has done so.
>>
>>31485683
WASR-10 and spend the rest on mags
>>
>>31485768
Mines great.
Have you actually had any problems with yours?
I mean you own one, are you capable of independent thought?
>>
File: 06252011543-001.jpg (310KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
06252011543-001.jpg
310KB, 1200x1600px
>>31485768
>implying you'll ever shoot it enough for the rifle to "fall apart"

You listen to other people too much and don't think enough for yourself. It's one big fucking circle of listening to people too much. Inspect your rifle. Does it have anything wrong with it? No? Shoot it. Rinse and repeat until you suspect something may be going wrong with it, then fix it and sell it or keep going. AKs will always be hot on the market, whether or not you put 500 rounds through it or none at all. Stop being a shill OP.

Pic related. My "shitty" Century Arms NDS2 Bulgarian AK-74 I bought for $400 awhile back, currently around 3000 rounds in with no problems.
>>
>>31485798
I've shot it once (under 20 rounds) and it's having a little unusual deformation on the carrier already.. I have a saiga I've put a little over if I could guess a thousand rounds through and it isn't seeming to have this issue..but I know ALOT of people are having issues with this gun and it it starts to be one of the crappy ones i won't be able to sell it for much. I've even seen one guy do a rockwell hardness test (albeit c39v1 not 2) on receiver and he found it to be incredibly soft so obviously there is some significant play on century's quality controll somewhere.
>>
>>31485838
the problem is this was going to be my beater gun. I was going to use this for target practice and intended to put tens of thousands of rounds through it so yes this would be something that applied to me because if I'm in the middle of dropping alot of steel downrange and it blows my fingers off It won't matter if the lawsuit buys me new arsenal rifle I won't be able to shoot it.
>>
intended to use it in carbine classes...Dat auto correct
>>
>>31485843
Alright, take it to a gun show, early, before they open when people are standing in line.
Walk up and down the line, if someone offers to buy it, ask to see their conceal carry permit.
Only sell to someone with a permit because you know they can pad a background check and are on the up and up.
Get your money.
>>
>>31484288
Just replace the carrier with a polish milled carrier and bolt.IF you lucky they new bolt will headspace with out any work.
>>
>>31485869
I'm sorry, I just don't see how it would explode if you just check your rifle with regular maintenance, seeing as how you're already wary of the rifle. I think they're serviceable enough for whatever dingbat shit you're gonna do.

You're not even fucking 21 yet.
>implying the gun isn't cheaper for a reason
>implying this will be the only AK you ever buy

Also post pics of bolt wear.
>>
>>31486023
both the bolt and carrier are having this issue. and if u replace the carrier with polish u also have to replace the recoil spring from what I've read so I'm wondering if in respects to the cost of around 200 bucks it would be worth it or just sell and start a new with something else. The quality of the barrel in this rifle is at least something I don't see in alot of builds that is worth keeping and in previous comments I mentioned the market for ak's being bad in vindication of such a suggestion
>>
>>31484459

No and no.
>>
>>31486039
I meant to say i meant to take carbine classes that may require alot of rounds and such..sorry it didn't link it as a reply
>>
>>31485683
An AR15 because AK's are shit and overpriced

Lmao at $1000 for an Arsenal with shit paint finish and crap trigger.
>>
>>31484288
>not 21 so can't buy guns like arsenal or vepr from K-var, because of their retard rules
Wut?
>>
>>31486059
To be honest the bolt and carrier problem on the c39.If you replace em you should have a gun that will last you a very long time.
>>
File: 1474602477406.png (51KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474602477406.png
51KB, 262x200px
>>31485006
shouldve just had a friend buy it for you bro
>>
>>31486454
You can't buy a firearm from an FFL unless you are 21, regardless of if it's legal to own an rifle at age 18. Welcome to America, where third party agencies make law outside of legislative process.

Dude America LMAO
>>
>>31486621
What commie country do you live in that pretends to be a part of America
>>
>>31486621
Yeah I dunno where the fuck you live but I'm 18 and I've bought 3 guns
>>
>>31486621
I bought the c39c2 from a gun store nice b8 m8 u must be from a s8 with even more autistic gun laws
>>
>>31486621
The fuck are you on? This is legal in Florida.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 651x485px)
image.jpg
47KB, 651x485px
Century sent out some of the rifles with an inferior metal used in bolt carrier. My rifle had mushrooming of the bolt/bolt carrier after 600rds, my friend has same rifle with no mushrooming after 2000+rds. Only difference I noticed was this X stamped on his.
>>
I bought a RAS-47 when they were brand fucking new, before the problems started. I've only put ~200 rounds through it. Am I bad person for wanting to sell it around the election and get my money back?
>>
>>31485466
I don't want most of century's offerings because most of them don't have a bayonet lug. I also don't feel like paying a gunsmith to install a new front sight and gas block
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.