[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to get an Ak but i dont know what is a decent quality rifle.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (5KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 307x164px
Want to get an Ak but i dont know what is a decent quality rifle.

I am considering pic related which is a RAS47.

What are your suggestions senpai?
>>
Poorqualitybait.jpeg
(You)
>>
>>31478862
No this is legitimate
>>
>>31478847
Classi Firearm's AMD 63 or their AMD 65. Costs $500 bucks, plenty of aftermarket if you don't like the handguards or the stock. No quality issues
>>
Get an Arsenal or Saiga, or a preban like a Maadi. Most post-922r AK's, especially Century and IO, are built like shit. If you must go cheap, get a WASR, but even those are getting more expensive than they're worth.
>>
tRASh47s are garbage, avoid at all cost. Also avoid IO. The best AK for the cheapest amount of money would be a WASR.

>>31478896
>No quality issues
Except that they've got shit barrels and Classic refuses to reveal who built them so they might be built by a shit-tier builder

>>31478900
>Get an Arsenal
If you can afford it, go with this. Either an SLR107 if you want 7.62x39 or an SLR104 if you want 5.45. These two are the best AKs on the market.
>or Saiga
This too if you can find one for a decent price and have the ability and knowledge to convert it yourself, or don't mind paying someone to convert it for you.
>Preban
These is good too but they will cost you more than an Arsenal SLR for a used gun.
>like a Maadi
Preban Maadis were only brought in by Steyr and are pretty expensive at around $3000. They're some of the most expensive bare bones plane jane preban AKs. Unless you want a collector's gun don't go with a preban Maadi.
>>
>>31478974
Just because the barrel isn't chromed doesn't mean its shit. Like I said, plenty of aftermarket available. It's pretty good for a beater gun anyways.
>>
>>31478974
Wait, $3000 for a preban Maadi? Shit, I just saw one go by at my LGS for $1100. Should've snagged that...

But yeah, I bring up early Maadis specifically because they were built on old Soviet machinery, and are about as close to a semi auto AKM one can get.
>>
>>31479006
It isn't about chrome lining, it's about being a shitty barrel that won't last. Even if it was chrome lined it's still a shitty barrel.
>>
>>31478847
>No money (generally pretty shoddy but they work)
AMD
WASR
PAP
>I'll spend a little
OG Waffen Werks
PSA AK
Used SLR/SGL
DDI(questionable)
>I want a gucci af AK
Arsenal
Saiga(need to be converted)
Vepr AK(sporter models are also really nice)
>holla holla get dolla
SGL (if you can find one)
Rifle Dynamics
>don't fucking touch
RAS47
IO
>>
>>31478974
What's your opinion on the SAM7r milled?
>>
Classic amds are made by Clearview Investments and has ESS barrels

I've never heard of either until now
>>
>>31479008
I'm being pretty generous with the price of preban Maadis, when they're still LNIB they go for around $3000 but used prebans can go for less. I've seen a couple used preban Maadis go for between $1400 and $1800 over the past year or so.

It might have been a post ban that was converted. They're easy to put proper furniture on, and tdid a really hasty job at taking off the bayonet lug on a ton of the post ban rifles and didn't take nearly enough off, and they still look like they have a lug.

Again, the only company that imported preban Maadis was Steyr. Every other importer is a post ban. If it was a Steyr import for $1100 then that would be one hell of a deal.

>>31479047
There's nothing really wrong with them, but don't fall for the whole milled receivers are better than stamped receivers thing. They're more or less the same, but milled is heavier. Milled *should* last a bit longer but we're talking tens of thousands of dollars in ammo before any problems should arrive. For all intents and purposes there's really no reason to go with a milled AK unless you specifically want a milled AK for the look or find one for a good deal. For the money that a SAM7 costs you'd be better off going with an SLR107 (if you can find one in today's market as it's pretty crazy in the AK world right now)
>>
>>31479047
>>31479078
And also, SAM7s are great guns and are really smooth. Don't think I'm bashing them because they're not, if you want one go for it because they're great, just don't delude yourself into thinking it's better when there's literally no practical difference between stamped and milled.
>>
>>31479056
What a shit show of a "barrel".

>The only two times I have had a barrel bend is when using ESS barrels. I checked them against an original Romanian CHF barrel and the difference was astonishing.

>The Romanian CHF = 25Rc "C" scale on the Rockwell tester
Both ESS barrels were 5Rc
I have checked Curtis' (AK Builder) barrels and they came out at 25Rc on the tester.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2428782&postcount=25
>>
File: c39v2.jpg (1MB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
c39v2.jpg
1MB, 2000x1250px
Say what you will about Century Arms, but they got the c39v2 right. As my second AK I'll say that it shoots very well, cleans up well, and has given me zero problems. With a milled receiver and chrome lined barrel it really gives you a whole lot to love.
>>
>>31479028
Where do norincos go?saw a spiker go on sale at the lgs for 1000 dollars
>>
>>> /akg/ will have a better response
>>
>>31479129
I was looking at one of these. The engraving on the side isn't to my taste, but if I can find one for a decent price I might grab one.
>>
>>31479153
My list was kind of skewd, its more like
>Shoddy but works
AMD, WASR, PAP
>Questionable but generally pretty good
OG WW, PSA AK Gen2, DDI, C39V2
>Pretty good
SLR, Norinco, SGL, Vepr, Saiga
>shit
RAS, IO
Price isn't a good measure of how good an AK is.
>>
>>31479019
They can still be good barrels, for most people they will never be able to actually use any of the benefits of a CHF barrel anyway.
>>
>>31479129
Enjoy your cast bolt and bolt carrier. Got one as well and after only 100 rounds i got noticeable chips in my bolt's locking lugs. Wised up and got an arsenal.
>However the c39v2 seems hit or miss from my research so you may have a good one
>>
>>31479288
Go read up on ESS barrels. They're not good. They're garbage.
>B-but-but-b-b-but
No. ESS barrels have a shitty reputation. i could deal with a questionable build quality as long as the parts were good and the rifle functioned, but the parts just aren't good on the Classic AMDs. If they were surplus Hungarian parts on a decent US made receiver with a decent US made barrel like Green Mountain or AK Builder then yeah I'd be all over one for $500, but they don't have a decent barrel.
>>
buy a non-obsolete weapon design instead
>>
>>31479019
I have one, the barrels are not shit..lol
you believe everything forums say
>>
>tfw asking about SKS at lgs, they couldn't find one and try to sell me an AK
>told me how the C39V2 was the best shit ever, American made, milled receiver, only one left, for $900 after tax and fees
>didn't know much about AKs and almost believed them
>>
>>31478847
>REEEEEEE 47
No......just......no
>>
Is DDI any good. I'm thinking about getting their milled underfolder; already have a cheapo WASR.
>>
>>31478847
Just get a khyber pass parts kit like I did.
>>
>>31479326
it is the trunion that is cast
>>
File: 1364938294515.jpg (276KB, 588x900px) Image search: [Google]
1364938294515.jpg
276KB, 588x900px
>>31478847
I wondered about getting a century ak then putting a new forged trunion in it, but if their shit is melonited everywhere then I doubt I could.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.