[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

File: sadfreedom.jpg (103KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
sadfreedom.jpg
103KB, 500x361px
Had one so I figured I'd start a thread for it.

Was out shooting my PTR, and I'm having some brass deformation issues. All of the rims are scratched to shit with bad ejection marks, and none of the casings fit in the chamber again. Thats not normal right? Brass expansion should go down after a second right?
>>
>>31460082
PTRs destroy brass dude.
>>
>>31460308
But should they not fit down the chamber? Its like they bulged by just enough to be too wide.
>>
>>31460326
When I had my PTR I never tried to fit spent brass down the chamber again. If the cases are visibly bulged then perhaps you should post pictures.
>>
>>31460356
Not visible. They fit down about 75% of the way. Its a pretty powerful round so I totally believe that this is normal and the force within could bulge it by a quarter of a millimeter or something, but I just dunno if thats normal.
>>
>>31460389
Sounds normal to me. What production year is yours? I had one a few years ago and it never could fire a full magazine without some malfunction.
>>
>>31460466
2012 I think? Dunno.

Seems to cycle fine. Last I fired it no hiccups. Just the brass thing has me worried about headspace, that too much gas is being left in the chamber leading to too much heat and its expanding too much.
>>
>>31460082

>PTR fucking up my brass

kek, no shit, dude, get a different gun
>>
>>31460082
Shot a FNS9C the other day, wasn't a fan of the trigger.

So looking into an FNX 9, does anyone think or know if they are going to create a FNX 9 C?
I want the gun to be the home defense/winter carry.
>>
>>31460685
I'm not familiar with FN handguns (other than muh 1903), why are you set on one?
>>
>>31460942
Aesthetics, the mag size, the build quality and price.

I'm bouncing between a FNX9, FNS9C and a Jericho 941 Poly 9 because of the looks and CZ trigger.
>>
>>31461071
What about the squishy squishy?
>>
>>31461092
My range buddy has one for years, beat the shit out of it and have dropped countless times inawoods, no issues with his.

Really only heard about that issue on here.
>>
File: thumbnail.jpg (25KB, 398x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
25KB, 398x300px
>>31461168
I saw this on buds today.

>what happened
>>
File: pix006555865.jpg (32KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
pix006555865.jpg
32KB, 638x425px
Been thinking of picking up one of the cheap Makarov P-64's on gunbroker, how shit are these? It would be the first handgun i own, but ive shot my friends nicer looking one and i love how it feels in my hand.
Would I be making a mistake? Is it worth how cheap it is?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/587027715
>>
File: Capture_2016-09-25-22-59-14.png (1MB, 1280x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Capture_2016-09-25-22-59-14.png
1MB, 1280x1275px
hey guys

what gun is this supposed to be
>>
File: colt45.jpg (697KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
colt45.jpg
697KB, 3008x2000px
>>31461931
looks like a colt 45

>worst Sakuras on screen
>>
>>31461190
was menstruation blood mixed in with the plastic during molding?
>>
im bored with my mosin but i still want to keep it and have some fun

what aftermarket mods can i get to tinker with it?

ive read up on the archangel and its utter shit. the trigger wont even go all the way to fire on the damn thing.

it only appears that the monte carlo is the better alternative because you can still use the stock parts of the mosin. unless i m missing others that are available to swap.

optics that can go with it ehile we're at it?
>>
File: dscn1913.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (408KB, 900x452px) Image search: [Google]
dscn1913.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
408KB, 900x452px
Can i get one of these 500 s&w pc's. In a blued Finnish? Also why is the 12" model not listed on their website?
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 300x212px
>>31461931
100% a Vektor SP1 or SP2.
>>
>>31461456

do it. may be worth the few extra bucks to make sure you get a really 'fresh' one.

be prepared for cosmoline removal, but thats fun and its all over youtube and google.

especially if it comes with that snazzy holster
>>
>>31461456
- You shot and liked one
- They are milsurp so military grade
- Milsurp so used, possible pitting/surface rust/bad barrel/worn springs
- Makarovs are indestructible

I have a circle 10 bulgy mak and love it to death. IMO russian/combloc milsurp is awesome.
>>
>>31460685
Any reason you don't want to just carry the full size during the winter? Doesn't make much of a difference personally with a jacket and/or the baggie clothes I wear during the winter.
>>
>>31460082
Lol. You apparently dont know shit about the G3 style actions. Extreme case deformation is an absolute gauruntee. Your rifle is just fine, enjoy it.
>>
>>31462324
The FNS9C is smaller and more concealable for the winter attire for my frame, 5'9 140lb.
>>
>>31462208
>>31462244
Is there any difference you guys can notice between
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/587069451 $240
and
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/587078891 $250?

And how does purchasing off of gunbroker work? I've bought off classicfirearms and they had my ffl dealer already on record.
>>
>>31462549
Typically you have to personally contact the ffl you want it shipped to and have them intimate the transfer instead of having that taken care of for you.

>>31462384
Have you looked at the the cz rami by chance? They're roughly the same size as the fns9c if I remember correctly. A lot pricier though. The sub compact market for double stack hammer fired is unfortunately pretty small compared to strikers.
>>
Let's say I have a .44 revolver.

If I then wanted a lever action for shooting big scary things, should I get something in .45-70 or .44 so I can have a matched rifle/revolver?
>>
>>31460082
6.5×25mm CBJ - actually useful or 5.7 meme taken to the extreme?

Only info out there is one guy raving about how great it is. Nothing independent.
>>
>>31463310
How bug and scary are we talking?
>>
>>31464469
As big and scary as non-human critters get in North America.
>>
Ever since I got my first milsurp rifle, a Finnish M39, my dads been wanting to shoot it more than I have, he loves the thing! So I was thinking of buying him something like a Yugo M24/47, as they are fairly cheap. Is it a rifle good enough to go hunting with, and with $300-$400 is there a better surplus rifle out there for the price?
>>
I need a poorfag tier AR15 with a2 sights fast that I can get my hands on so that i can get my shooting up to par. the faggots at the armory are no help to me at all for some trigger time sothat i can get my range coach qualification.

I should have been doing instead. im a fucking idiot
>>
what's the fucking point of double action and decocking? rifles don't have that shit.
why are handguns so overcomplicated for no obvious reason?

why don't rifles have grip safeties?
>>
>>31465437
>what's the fucking point of double action and decocking? rifles don't have that shit.

>rifles don't have that shit

They do have that shit. There's a part in your rifle called a hammer and it works pretty much the same as in a pistol. If you've fired on an empty chamber, once reloaded you have to run the bolt - this both chambers a round and resets the hammer (the bolt recoiling would do this for you normally in a semiauto). Essentially your rifle is a Single Action semi automatic like a 1911.

>what's the fucking point of double action and decocking?

As for the advantages: A Double Action has the advantage of firing without having to cock the weapon first, or carried with the weapon cocked. Basically, if its loaded and you pull the trigger it will go bang. If its cocked, you need a way to decock it safely without it going bang. You pay for this with a heavier trigger pull than an SA, so DA/SA firearms exist to give you the best of both worlds.

>why don't rifles have grip safeties?
Pistols tend to have more safeties because they tend to be transported differently to rifles. A pistol is smaller, moves around more, easier to accidentally point at something you don't want to shoot, sometimes in a pocket etc. The use case is also different - a pistol is often carried habitually, every day (whether that's an EDC or a Service Pistol). A rifle tends not to be - its only really held when its about to be used.

That said, there is a grip safety available for the AR15 if you want one. No idea which company though, saw it at a gunshow.
>>
File: 40_478488265.jpg (9KB, 530x195px) Image search: [Google]
40_478488265.jpg
9KB, 530x195px
>>31460082
I'm thinking about buying this Uberti 1873 Revolver Carbine chambered in .357 or maybe .44 mag.
I've never held a revolving rifle, never fired one. I don't know shit about them. I guess it's pretty much useless as a hunting weapon too. But it looks funny and I want one.

So, is Uberti any good? Is revolving rifles useless? Should I just spend my money on something else?
>>
>>31465606
Thanks for entertaining my questions. So basically if you slide a loaded mag into un unloaded and clear 1911, you can fire it without racking the slide? Am I getting this right?
>>
>>31464969
As neat as having a matched rifle and revolver are, if you're trying to take down a grizzly or a moose, I'd go .45-70.
>>31464469
>bug and scary
BUENOS AIRES WAS AN INSIDE JOB!
>>
>>31465624
No, a 1911 is a Single Action only, and must be cocked before firing. So you'd have to rack the slide to cock it. Even on a DAO pistol you'll usually have to rack the slide to chamber a round from a freshly inserted mag anyway.

If the slide is locked open already (as if you just fired all the rounds in it) you'd still have to hit the slide release to chamber a round in either type of pistol. The advantage of DA is not having to carry the pistol cocked (and never having to cock it).

People will argue over whether this is important, but arguably it is safer and also gives you the option to just pull the trigger again in a FtF. In a SA you usually have no choice but to eject the round when you rack the slide to recock it. I've also seen people argue over whether or not thats good practice.
>>
>>31465710
>In a SA you usually have no choice but to eject the round when you rack the slide to recock it. I've also seen people argue over whether or not thats good practice.

Speaking of, kinda, in metal gear solid 3, what was ocelot trying to accomplish by ejecting the first round when he goes to shoot snake?
snake says he knows what he was trying to do, but doesn't explain it and I've never really been clear.
>>
>>31465742
>Speaking of, kinda, in metal gear solid 3, what was ocelot trying to accomplish by ejecting the first round

Uhh I can only guess, but it might be to ensure it had a round chambered?

If your pistol doesn't lock the slide back when its empty, without looking, you don't know if it has a round chambered when you reload. If he racks the slide after reloading, he knows for sure there is a round chambered, even if it does cost him the +1.
>>
>>31465819
No, his weapon was a;ready condition 1. Snake says, "you ejected the first round by hand, didn't you? I know what you were trying to do, but testing out a move you had only heard of in the middle of battle isn't a smart idea."
So I really don't know what they were going for.
>>
Are there any auto-loaders chambered in .454 Casull?
>>
>>31465007
Anyone else think this guy had two dads before they read the post again?

J&G Sales had Spanish Mausers for less then $200 right now
>>
>>31465981
>>31465007
>dads
heh, I didn't even notice it could be read like that. What would be the correct English for that anyways? It's not my primary language.
Are the Spanish Mausers good enough to go hunting with if we really wanted to?
>>
>>31466029
dad's
>>
Should I get a 10mm for my first handgun if I reload anyways and have .mil experience with 9mm?
>>
>>31465742
Ocelet is attempting to do Israeli draw stuff with his handgun, but he's sort of a retard which is why he ejects a round when he does it.

Israeli draw is meant for guns carried without a round in the chamber.
>>
>>31466029
I have no idea as to quality but they are chambered in a good cartridge for hunting. But people tend to want scopes for huntig
>>
>>31465956
>auto-loaders chambered in .454 Casul

Not as far as I know, but you can get close with a Wildey autoloader in .475 Wildey Magnum.

1,900 ft·lbf to the Casull's 1,923 ft·lbf.
>>
>>31465956
>>31466161

Forgot to add - the Casull is rimmed which doesn't mesh well with autoloaders. Not impossible, but not ideal.
>>
>>31466179
It's also long AF. 1.77" COAL, compared to 1.61" for the .44mag and 1.25" for 10mm.

Unless you're making a pistol for someone with bigger hands than Andre the Giant you're not getting the mag in the grip.
>>
>>31465007
I was telling this anon about these

http://www.jgsales.com/spanish-1916-mauser-bolt-action-short-rifle,-7x57,-good-condition,-used.-p-80642.html

Anyone think they are worth the money? I was thinking of getting one myself
>>
File: IMG_2188.gif (532KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2188.gif
532KB, 460x259px
Is it possible to mill an 80% lower without a jig and if so how?
>>
>>31463730
probably meme
it's gone nowhere in several years
I'd imagine the tungsten flechette ammo is none too cheap
>>
>>31466306
For $20 more you can get it in 7.62x51 / 308, im not sure how well these would work but its a much more common caliber
http://www.jgsales.com/spanish-1916-mauser-bolt-action-short-rifle,-7.62x51-308,-good-condition,-used.-p-93845.html
>>
>>31466324
Sure use a cnc machine.
>>
>>31466324
Yes.
>have mill or high-quality drill press+vise
>know how to accurately measure

>>31463730
With the OEM tungsten-core penetrator (the only reason it penetrates armor) it's pretty good at penetrating armor. Too bad those aren't available anywhere, including to LE/military, because they were hand-made and were so unstable they weren't suppressor safe and were discontinued.
>>
>>31466230
.475 Wildey Magnum is 1.575 in (40.0 mm). Still wide, but not as bad.

That said, technically the mag doesn't have to be in the grip. But I suppose it does, because chances are he only wants because of Hellsing.
>>
File: Tmg.gif (31KB, 361x307px) Image search: [Google]
Tmg.gif
31KB, 361x307px
>>31460082 (OP)
>...seven layers of aluminized Mylar laminated with Dacron, ... outermost layer is white Ortho-Fabric, made with a blend of Gore-Tex, Kevlar, and Nomex.

Would the Thermal Micrometeoroid Garment used by Astronauts stop a bullet? Are Door Gunners NIJ rated?
>>
>>31466334
According to another thread those arent actually rated for .30t but rather 7.62 CETME. Any truth to that?
>>
File: MTM1MzA2OTI2MzM4MzE2NzY2.jpg (52KB, 620x367px) Image search: [Google]
MTM1MzA2OTI2MzM4MzE2NzY2.jpg
52KB, 620x367px
What is the largest calibre/ most powerful handgun I can get?
I was thinking about one of these:
Pfeifer-Zeliska .600 Nitro Express
S&W .500
or the ever mainstream Desert Eagle
>>
Asking for a friend, how much do nuggets and sks go for in Canada?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.