[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

soo... I was so excited to get my first handgun, I went and opened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: whoops.png (682KB, 1689x950px) Image search: [Google]
whoops.png
682KB, 1689x950px
soo... I was so excited to get my first handgun, I went and opened up the certified brass that came with it on accident, not knowing it should be kept shut.

Is there any way that I can fix this? Can I get it re-certified or whatever?
>>
>>31457667
Seriously dumbass, and then you frigging posted about it online? I hope you don't have dogs because the ATF tends to kill them when they kick in someone's door for a firearms violation.
>>
>>31457667
it doesnt matter unless you live in some shithole where you have to actually turn those in to law enforcement
the only use of those is finding out that your gun has been fired once and didnt explode and the exact date of manufacture
>>
File: confused-travolta-meme.jpg (86KB, 1024x770px) Image search: [Google]
confused-travolta-meme.jpg
86KB, 1024x770px
>>31457667
Is this a joke or something? It's like removing the tag on a mattress
>>
>certified brass
What the fuck?
>>
>>31457703
>admitting to a federal crime on 4chan
the Bureau of Bed Bath and Beyond are going to shoot your dust bunnies now.
>>
File: whoops2.png (335KB, 534x950px) Image search: [Google]
whoops2.png
335KB, 534x950px
>>31457703
oh shit, so I'm not gunna get v&?

>>31457729
hey, man. I'm new to this shit
>>
the fuck is a "certified brass"
>>
You have to call customer service and ask them to recertify. You'd have to ship back, usually on your dime, and pay the fee (ruger chargers 50 bucks IIRC).

The bag should have been wax sealed though. If your FFL fucked up, I'd demand them pay for the recertification.
>>
>>31457772
is there any reason I'd have to do this?
>>
what the fuck are you niggers talking about

thats just a test round
>>
>>31457667
>>31457738

Fun's over boys, the spoil sport is here. OP, you did nothing wrong, the empty case is from the QA process. The envelope will likely also have the inspector's initials, name, or identification number.
>>
>>31457814
It's not QC, it actually is legitimately for registration.
>>
>>31457828
what communist shithole is this required?
>>
File: oowzsxzoyldx.jpg (127KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
oowzsxzoyldx.jpg
127KB, 960x960px
>>31457814
s-so I'm not gunna get in trouble at all for doing this?
>>
>>31457863
In all of america. OP is fucked

For real though, Marryland and Massachusetts are two that I know of that does this case registration nonsense. Other states don't give a shit, but some manufactures just include it anyway, since it's easier than to just do a few for certain states.
>>
>>31457892
How about Minnesota?
>>
I'm Australian and what is this
>>
>>31457667
Just reported this thread to the ATF.

You're screwed kiddo.
>>
>>31457892
MD just recently got rid of theirs since it was such a massive waste of time and money that never actually helped anything.
>>
Op. Your fine unless you live in Massachusetts .
>>
>>31457892
That's ridiculous. That's so easy to fake. They're just test rounds to prove to you that it has been fired once and everything works, at least that's what Kel-Tec does. I know a few people that work there as test fire and a few machinists.
>>
All this comes from some law makers watching too much csi and thinking that this will somehow help in identifying the owner of a gun baised on cases found at a shooting.

Protip. Tool mark identification only works reliably if you find the tool very shortly after it was used in the crime.

In yhe case of this bass. They tey to id it based off of primer marks, striations on the case left by the chamber , and marks made by the extractor/ejector. After a few 20 rounds let alone a few hundred or thousand the marks are different enough thwt they should not be relied apon in court unless the defendant has a retard for a lawyer.
>>
File: 1474581837597.jpg (469KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1474581837597.jpg
469KB, 1280x853px
>>31457946
Thanks, anon for that reassurance.

I can sit here comfortably now knowing I'm not a felon or anything

>>31457979
Already put 300 rounds through it. worked like a charm. Had 1 failure to eject, but I was using Blazer Brass for the range
>>
>>31457946
They may say that. But the reality of it is that there was a trend in the mid to late 90s where it was thpught by the grabbers this would be a good gun contol move .

Think of ir at micro stamping , before microstamping.
>>
>>31457729
i have more than a few guns. ive never seen "certified brass" before. i didnt know this was a thing.
i do have a ruger but its a 10/22
>>
>>31457996
It's the same concept and won't work for the same reasons, this is what happens when you have retards who don't know what the fuck they are doing at the helm
>>
>>31457667
>shit he obscured the grooves/twist count
>now i'll never be able to commit some sort of fraudulent act involving his firearm which i will never even have physical custody of
>>
File: 1474541002042.jpg (6KB, 167x175px) Image search: [Google]
1474541002042.jpg
6KB, 167x175px
>>31457667
>>
This is like theatre falcons right?
>>
>>31458032
I guess you never know, bruh
>>
>>31458080
Hehehe I started posting this around /k/ a few days ago glad to see someone else pic it up.
I remember saving it a few months ago and never saw it since.
>>
>>31457892

I live in California and have never once heard of this horseshit.

Doesn't matter, OP. Pretty sure you're being trolled.
>>
My Walther P22 came with a casing.

I don't think any of my other guns did.

I think if you're in a state that matters, the dealer takes it when it's sold and sends it to wherever and you wouldn't get it anyway.
>>
>>31457892
Is that actually a thing? I live in Arizona and don't have to deal with this bullshit, so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>31459550
No, it's not.
>>
GAH STOP TROLLING THE OP YOU FAGETS

literally zero laws about keeping the stupid test case
>>
>>31459550
My police surplus m&p and my Walther both came with a fired brass.
I always figured it was just some type of proof firing.
>>
>>31457729
This is unanswered.
Are you not an FFL and you opened a certified package meant between FFL's?
>>
>>31459550
>>31459784
Multiple states have had these laws in effect. Maryland, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York are a few that come to mind. California required the manufacturer to ship the casing directly to state agents.
For example the New York law.
>(a) Actions required upon receipt of a new pistol or revolver.
>(1) A dealer in firearms that receives a new pistol or revolver from a manufacturer on or after March 1, 2001, shall upon receipt, ensure that the firearm is accompanied by a properly completed and sealed approved container enclosing a ballistic sample.
>(2) If the pistol or revolver is accompanied by an appropriate ballistic sample the dealer shall retain such sample with the firearm until the firearm is transferred to another person.
>(3) If the pistol or revolver is not accompanied by an appropriate ballistic sample the dealer shall within 10 days either:
>(i) return the firearm to the manufacturer and notify the manufacturer of the requirement to provide a ballistic sample in compliance with this Part and with General Business Law section 396-ff (under this option notification to the Division of State Police of such manufacturer's noncompliance is not required); or
>(ii) contact a regional CoBIS center to arrange an appointment for the New York State Police to secure the appropriate ballistic sample and thereby make notification to the Division of State Police of the manufacturer's noncompliance with this Part and with General Business Law section 396-ff. Upon securing a ballistic sample, the New York State Police will issue the dealer a certificate of compliance (information pertaining to the operation of regional CoBIS centers is contained in section 472.6 of this Part).
>>
>>31459906
>OP is a dealer

But he's not. A private owner can put the sample case right up his butt if he wants.
>>
>>31459959
Maryland is an example of one of the states that required the submission of the casing to the authorities. They've since repealed that one but other jurisdictions may still require it so manufacturers still ship the cases.
Anyone who doesn't get the test casing with a new handgun should start questioning where it ended up.
>>
>>31457703

You can remove the tag on a mattress, it's when you're selling it that you cannot do that. Dumb ass.
>>
>>31460009
Nig MD got rid of that, and yes, I know, MD getting rid of something useless and time wasting is hard to believe.
>>
>>31459959
The guy was answering whether the law actually exist, stating that it exist in a few with an example on how one state implements their laws.

The fact that OP got his cases means that his state doesn't have any of these shit laws, as it was not submitted to their state agency.
>>
>>31457892
>>31457828
You are dumb, don't try to teach others anything.

No, this is not true in MA, it's just a fucking test round.

>>31457878
>>31457795

are correct.

>>31457667
>>
File: 1474429745828.jpg (40KB, 405x650px) Image search: [Google]
1474429745828.jpg
40KB, 405x650px
>>31459906

This is not in effect in MA you dumbass
>>
>>31460044
>>31462921
Maybe actually take the time to read before posting.
I know it's hard for some of you but then words like had and repealed will be obvious.
>>
>>31457667
>Ruger
>excited
Goddam whats it like being a simple, low expectation having motherfucker?
>>
I have no fucking clue what certified brass is
>>
>>31457905
>Minnesota
LOL, nah man we are as free as we can be, considering we are a blue state. Only BS we have is the permit to purchase, and no NFA MG's/SBS's
>>
>>31463041
You forgot the fucking Somalis being imported everywhere who will inevitably be paod with taxpayer money to vote for our rights to be taken away because that's why they are being imported...
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.