[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middle East Thread "its party time, and Russians party hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 92

File: Jihadiride.jpg (21KB, 474x247px) Image search: [Google]
Jihadiride.jpg
21KB, 474x247px
>Aleppo liberte soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxah0kE4cwU
>>
File: Kra.jpg (293KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Kra.jpg
293KB, 1280x853px
>>
File: FabUlosno250.jpg (30KB, 480x459px) Image search: [Google]
FabUlosno250.jpg
30KB, 480x459px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYO5u69fKaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQUiqbAOOvo
>>
>>31431419
Mmm, I'd bet it'd look even cooler if a mortar shell hit those bombs...
>>
File: 14390259081620.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
14390259081620.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f5LfUaH5LI
>>
File: RPG with night vision scope.jpg (182KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
RPG with night vision scope.jpg
182KB, 960x960px
From those at home wondering what are the latest big news; the SAA General Command announced a new operation to retake the eastern neighborhoods of Aleppo. Until now, we mainly had reports of airstrikes, many, many of them, in Rebel held Aleppo, probably meant to soften the Rebel, before any real action on the ground. Pro SAA sources also claim some points captured between the Ameryah and Ramouseh, and, using SOHR as source, some points near the Aleppo citadel.

The photos posted by Ivan suggest that the main forces that will take part in Aleppo this time will be units of the SRG and Iraqi shia militias. True Hezbollah may or may not also appears.

Old Thread:

>>31387820
>>
>>31431419
>"where do you want these bombs, sir?"

>"ahhh, just throw them over there by the fuel trucks"
>>
>>31430541
/pol/ tier thread title
sage
>>
File: 1438465343001.jpg (104KB, 730x487px) Image search: [Google]
1438465343001.jpg
104KB, 730x487px
>>31433093

Do you have any common sense?
>>
>>31433335
Did you ask because you obvious dont have one of your own?
>>
>>31433514
Nice English, m8. Clearly that namefag was right about you, although he danced over the term "mental retardation" which fits you a bit better.
>>
>>31430541
Wow the violent Arabic language seems well suited for rap.
>>
File: UN giving food for the needy.png (390KB, 641x351px) Image search: [Google]
UN giving food for the needy.png
390KB, 641x351px
>>31430541
So where's the US humanitarian aid going to this time?
>>
File: 14220464905210.jpg (120KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
14220464905210.jpg
120KB, 500x493px
>Russian raid kills 21 fighters from the Free Syrian Army.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8aR1YsmrZ8
>>
>>31434922
>So where's the US humanitarian aid going to this time?
If it depends from the russians: to Hell.
>>
Almost no interesting news to report; no ground attacks by the SAA in Aleppo, ISIS vs Rebels in North Aleppo continue the same ping pong mess as always, as ISIS captured some villages west of Al Rai early today and Rebels have retaken some of them some hours ago.
>>
File: training camp 1.jpg (263KB, 1159x766px) Image search: [Google]
training camp 1.jpg
263KB, 1159x766px
SAA training fighting sequence, just because.
>>
File: training camp 2 .jpg (294KB, 1158x768px) Image search: [Google]
training camp 2 .jpg
294KB, 1158x768px
>>31438100
>>
File: training camp 3.jpg (312KB, 1160x766px) Image search: [Google]
training camp 3.jpg
312KB, 1160x766px
>>31438126
Blue helmet defeated.
>>
File: training camp 4.jpg (255KB, 1163x766px) Image search: [Google]
training camp 4.jpg
255KB, 1163x766px
>>31438142
Second round.
>>
File: training camp 5.jpg (176KB, 1125x743px) Image search: [Google]
training camp 5.jpg
176KB, 1125x743px
>>31438159
Blue helmets defeated once more. Suck to be blue helmet.
>>
>>31433778
People who doesnt have anything to say will always go for grammar and ad hominems.
>>
Middle East theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9r8LMU9bQ
>>
>>31437381
>be Erdogan
>be immensely butthurt at US and YPG
>be trying to promote Turkey/the "FSA" as the best option for the US to use in the fight against the Abu Hajaars
>no need to arm YPG, we gonna take Raqqa n' shiet
>be getting praised by MSM, "game changer", etc.
>have boots on the ground, artillery/air support and tanks
>still get BTFO by ISIS
>>
>>31439706
Oh, I get it. The middle east is shitty so it gets a shitty theme song.
>>
>>31440275
>so it gets a shitty theme song

Why so butthurt?
>>
>>31440260
Its more that the northern Aleppo FSA just keep continuing to get BTFO even by a deminished ISIS. Its not really the turkish fault, you have to remember that they have very little actual hardware there, just a couple of tanks. They cant be anywhere.

Its also what we have seen before during Euphrates Shield: The Turks would support the main push into Jarabulus and then keep expanding that pocket, getting the focus of ISIS; while the al-Rai pocket was supposed to connect on their own, because there were just tiny not really defendable villages on the way. But the FSA fucked that up as well and in the end the Turks had to enter al-Rai as well (and took the whole border in the next 24 hours).

The Turks are just learning (or probably already knew) the same lesson as the US; that the more harmless more moderate rebels are garbage. Just imagine what the likes of Ajnad al-Sham, Nusra or Ahrar would do with something as simple as anti-air cover, let alone direct air or artillery support.
>>
oh, didnt realize that the thread was pretty down at the end of the page, so bump.

Breaking News are that it seems like the promised ground assault is finally happening in Aleppo- Its like speculated a two pronged assault, one in the north into the Handarat Camp; the other in the south into Sheik Saed.
The bits of information coming out present both of them as highly successfull, but its just the same shitty pro-Assad crowd with the same shitty pro-Assad twitter proof like always, and they tend to overemphasize every tiny advance; so lets wait for more general broader info or some sort of evidence for any SAA victory
>>
>>31441557
Syrian government forces seize Handarat camp north of Aleppo from rebels - Reuters
>>
File: 1472200317066.jpg (347KB, 1200x553px) Image search: [Google]
1472200317066.jpg
347KB, 1200x553px
For anyone -for whatever unfathomable reason- not too familiar with the Aleppo Battle.

Sheik Saed is the pretty large neighborhood directly north of Ramouseh/Cement Factory/Water Treatment. So its the logical continuation of the southern battles: While the rebels had to halt after taking the Arty College and not press on; the SAA dont need to care about any airstrikes ruining the fun and keep pushing north.

Handarat Camp is the installation in the northern-most part of the Eastern Aleppo Pocket. It was attacked for years when Assad tried to encircle the city and during the Mallah Farm battles. Seems like the SAA are giving it another try, now maybe from the direction of their newly conquered ground in the southwest.
Also be prepared for a lot of confusion because there is a Handarat village (controlled by SAA), the Handarat Camp, the Handarat Refugee Camp and the Handarat District.

(that feel when all your maps are too large to be allowed here; so have that shitty one)
>>
>>31441569
Reuters is useless, because what they did is saying that the State TV reported the capture and rebels reported an advance into the camp. Thats not enough to know what parts or if the whole camp was captured or if the attack is getting repulsed.
Thats why I said lets wait a bit.
>>
File: CpBHwl0XEAAyf1z.jpg (201KB, 1191x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CpBHwl0XEAAyf1z.jpg
201KB, 1191x1200px
>>31441594
and here a simple map with the general location of Handarat Camp
>>
>>31439706
Posting superior theme
https://youtu.be/AWAsI3U2EaE
>>
>>31441533
Well yeah that's kinda what I mean, those forces on the ground that Turkey is backing make them look really bad. I think no matter what Erdogaan does the US will throw its weight behind the Kurds, just not near Manbij ofc.
>>
>>31441557
I just don't even know how they could make fast advances in Aleppo, do they even think conquering the city is realistic? Or are they just trying to squeeze the rebels in closer to the center, slowly over time? Or is this all just for political pressure?
>>
>>31441842
When all there is so far to go on are pro Assad shills screaming about great glorious success the reality is more likely to be that at some point they advanced a block or two without getting btfo. Highly possible that those gains then got immediately reversed but of course Assad twitter shills would never want to post about that. As the other anon said we need to wait and see what other sources say is going on, because relying on one side only for news tells you nothing.

>do they even think conquering the city is realistic?
It's not only realistic but pretty much certain barring any new massive war-changing developments, just not in any short timeframe unless the huge change comes in favour of Assad.

>Or are they just trying to squeeze the rebels in closer to the center, slowly over time?
This is essentially how the SAA best wins these long term urban sieges, grind the defenders down into the smallest area you can and hold them there under bombardment until they tap out and an agreement can be reached for them to surrender on condition of safe passage from the city. At present the FSA held area of Aleppo is still rather large, the SAA need to push in these outer neighbourhoods to reduce the frontline length which will both make securing it easier, and improve the effectiveness of arty/air strikes by presenting a smaller, denser packed target area. Again barring any unforeseeable massive shifts I expect months of creeping gains to force the FSA into an ever smaller area, followed by further months of relatively static siege before any surrender is likely to happen.
>>
>>31441842
despite what the news says about starving rebels in Aleppo, they are having no issues smuggling in arms and food. The lines on the maps we look at are not as solid in reality. If there was an actual "siege," they would be starved and outgunned by now.

The rebels are being supplied, and SAA cannot just sit around and wait unless they want to fight for Aleppo forever.
>>
>>31441913
You're right about the pro-Assad shills of course, all we know is that they've been beating their chests about an "assault" but with nothing to corroborate it on the ground apart from maybe the intense air strikes.

Also, to expand on what I meant by political pressure, am I correct in saying that one of Russia's key aims in its intervention (besides the obvious ones) is to reach a "final deal" with the West over Assad/Syria. I.e. A deal that more or less recognises the Syrian Government and the territory it controls as the true "legitimate" Syria, a pledge that this won't be interfered with by either direct or indirect means, and that the rebels are not legitimate Syrian actors or a deal that at least gets them to stop fighting Assad, forever...

So basically a final peace agreement on Moscow's terms (mostly), and not some useless ceasefire, that recognises Russia's, and other's, hegemony over Syria and that keeps the Ba'athist government intact.

Because it seems to me that Russia knows full well it can't achieve an outright military victory on the ground (esp. in Idlib), so is hoping that the West/US will just get tired of "ceasefire plans" and give in. Russia is probs holding carrots out to them like "safe zones for rapefugees", "end to the bombing in Idlib/Aleppo", "help in defeating ISIS/Nusra" (because many in Washington think that Russia is a potential counter-terrorism parter for some bizzare reason), etc.
>>
>>31441997
I never said anything about "starving rebels", and I always thought that the encirclement of Aleppo was mostly for political purposes (i.e. How can these rebels be legitimate if their last major population center is encircled and not connected to the rest of their territory?)
>>
>>31442059
Whilst I'm sure such an agreement would be a nice bonus for Moscow I doubt they place much real emphasis on achieving anything like that, because it would merely be a propaganda tool to embarrass Washington with at some point in the future if/when spoopy spooks get caught doing spoopy things in Syria. Russia knows full well any country that makes its bed with them will be subject to clandestine attentions by the US, getting the US gov to say they wont do the things they (mostly) pretend they don't do anyway isn't worth a whole lot.
Best case regarding US involvement is to get things on the ground to the point where it is completely clear that Assad or some successor regime is the only practical alternative to an IS or similar outcome, such that the outside actors eventually realise there's zero chance of their pet FSA faction(s) winning and cut their support to them both militarily and politically, leaving Russia to help the SAA with mopping up the country.

>Because it seems to me that Russia knows full well it can't achieve an outright military victory on the ground
On the contrary I think (and I'm sure they do too) that military victory is entirely possible in terms of removing IS/FSA as large land holding actors is both entirely viable and at this stage the most likely outcome within a couple of years. What remains to be seen is how well supplied the ongoing insurgency will be after that, because even when they hold nothing on the ground there certainly will be smaller groups that continue to launch terror attacks, if the US and others continue to support those entities then it will make trying to rebuild something of a nation that much harder and messier, even if it poses little credible threat to the regime. Being left alone to cleanse whatever remnant forces continue fighting at that stage without widespread international interference, either military or political, is about all Russia I think Russia can hope for.
>>
>>31442338
Interesting, we'll see in time I guess.
>>
>>31442338
welp I should re-proof read after typing, that got a bit garbled at the end after I ran out of characters, you get the idea though
>>
File: 1474493095989.jpg (123KB, 594x582px) Image search: [Google]
1474493095989.jpg
123KB, 594x582px
>>31430541
>>
>>31441770
plis estop cos my fugging ears

turn estation back to de clash

thank yous
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1223x1217px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1223x1217px
>>31442590
>>
>>31432417
Handrat has fallen to SAA
>>
>>31441594
Your picture has been outdated for a month
>>
File: 1454847045439.jpg (3KB, 112x130px) Image search: [Google]
1454847045439.jpg
3KB, 112x130px
Hassan Ridha @sayed_ridha

Syrian Army field commander tells SputnikAr that SAA have captured large parts of Shiekh Sa'eed in Aleppo

REBELS BTFO
>>
Until now, there is nothing to refute the pro SAA claim that they have captured the Handarat camps, as pro Rebel sources are not refuting and not even touching the matter, what we all already know what means.

Its one big victory for the SAA, principally for the Quds who have already paid their share in blood, in this place that was their personal meat grinder. If the Handarat camps have really fallen, then is probable that the Rebels have lost their best defense.

After the Handarat camps, more precisely to the south area of the camps, fighting is being reported near the Khindi hospital. SAA and allied forces are also making a push in the in the near Sheikh Najjar industrial area. Is possible that the SAA is trying to isolate the Rebels in the Owaija district and Shuqayyif industrial area.

As I said before, pro Rebel sources are ignoring almost completely the fighting in Aleppo, and instead are cheering the reports that Rebels have captured Maan from the SAA, in Hama. And the reports that the Rebels have reretaken more villages from ISIS near Al Rai.

>>31442338
My thoughts are with this anon.
>>
>>31437381
this seems more efficient to me than crappy blind firing that most do. I realize its defense only, but for the cost of a tablet and a gopro, why do armies not seriously invest in this kind of stuff?
>>
>>31443110
So far as Western armies are concerned the concept seems to be the gun mounted camera and eyepiece view screen systems that have been The Future for decades whilst never really actually going anywhere.
As for the pictured setup unless all you want is suppressing spray it's not worth much really. I doubt the camera is well enough zeroed or mounted to keep that zero to allow accurate fire, and a single layer brick wall is going to provide little useful cover once anyone see's the firing position. Worse yet the way that mount raises the gun probably makes the position more visible than having it resting directly on the wall would, so you're easier to spot whilst still being crouched behind not much in terms of hard cover. They get points for at least trying to be smart though, even if the execution is not so great.
>>
File: 1471673978665.jpg (59KB, 640x434px) Image search: [Google]
1471673978665.jpg
59KB, 640x434px
>>31441770
>>31439706
i've given the theme idea some thought and came up with a few

saa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h68ELWc9PFI

fsa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfZaxHywfZA
alternatively if you find that too cheesy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpcwv3PZvqI

abu hajaar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6dIw6POk3o
if you fancy subtitles
http://bestnasheedchannel.blogspot.de/2016/07/new-video-nasheed-from-islamic-state.html?zx=34c5cbcf830eb605
>>
>>31443063
>Quds

It was the 3000 russian volunteers...
>>
A video of the Rebel assault against Ma'an, North Hama, nothing much to show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuIvxp30c4g

Rebels claim the capture, in Ma'an, of: 7 tanks, 2 BMP, one Shilka, 2 ATGM launchers with several missiles, one ammo pickup, and some light weapons.

Pro Rebel sources are also reporting a ongoing counter assault against the Handarat camps.
>>
File: Wasted taxpayer money.png (1MB, 1123x602px) Image search: [Google]
Wasted taxpayer money.png
1MB, 1123x602px
US drone allegedly shotdown near Iraq-Syria border today
>>
>>31443493
Did they fucking chant "the roof is on fire" in arabic at the beginning?
>>
>>31443063
There is already talk that the rebels have retaken handarat camp. take this with a grain of salt though
https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/779726808958795776?lang=en
>>
>>31443712
I thought I heard that too lol

>>31443493
>plane sound
>duck behind sparse bush

MILITARY STRATEGY
>>
File: 1470887843114.jpg (28KB, 317x428px) Image search: [Google]
1470887843114.jpg
28KB, 317x428px
Pro Rebel sources are claiming that the Rebels have retaken the Handarat Camps, with pro SAA sources only saying that te Rebels have reentered the camps.

Maybe the best version is this one:
>The battle for Handarat Camp is still ongoing as Liwa al-Quds has sent reinforcements after being ambushed. Right now Syrian rebels have control of most of the camp according to Jabhat Fateh al-Sham.
>>
>>31430541
Anyone know how the Iraq front is doing?

I read the ISF and PMUs are heading south and security villages on the west of the Tigris heading toward Hawija FINALLY.
>>
File: CtEKNfBWIAA60TJ.jpg (76KB, 596x736px) Image search: [Google]
CtEKNfBWIAA60TJ.jpg
76KB, 596x736px
>>
File: Cs1wMxHWYAAWgAY.jpg (93KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
Cs1wMxHWYAAWgAY.jpg
93KB, 1136x640px
105lbs, pretty heavy.
>>
File: Cs3-z2XWcAAa-z4.jpg (96KB, 1000x656px) Image search: [Google]
Cs3-z2XWcAAa-z4.jpg
96KB, 1000x656px
>>
File: Cs86KixXgAEm5pA.jpg (69KB, 477x627px) Image search: [Google]
Cs86KixXgAEm5pA.jpg
69KB, 477x627px
>>
File: Cqkse5rVMAETJFJ.jpg (244KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cqkse5rVMAETJFJ.jpg
244KB, 1200x900px
>>
File: MesoHalal.jpg (146KB, 581x1032px) Image search: [Google]
MesoHalal.jpg
146KB, 581x1032px
>>
File: Csv4joRXYAEiHBe.jpg (56KB, 790x415px) Image search: [Google]
Csv4joRXYAEiHBe.jpg
56KB, 790x415px
Interesting to note, ISIS has some of their best upgraded armour deployed fighting Turkish backed rebels by Aleppo.
>>
File: _77362376_77362375.jpg (32KB, 383x337px) Image search: [Google]
_77362376_77362375.jpg
32KB, 383x337px
>>31443995
>but omar i think it's meant to be used with the tripod
>2016notfiringyourspgfromshoulder.jpg
>abu hajaars all around me
>fuckin peasants
>tfw
>>
>>31444113
Shouldn't they still have some M1 tanks somewhere? Or were all destroyed already?
>>
>>31444174
USAF was generally pretty quick to take those out asap whenever some got captured in Iraq, highly doubtful any have survived this long.
>>
>>31444174
saudi arabia is probably fed up with them m1s because either they cant use them properly, or they're shit
>>
>>31444194
Yeah, thought as much.

Still, it would be fun to see some IS-operated M1 tanks wreck turk-operated M60s.
>>
>>31443950
Shirqat fell four days ago; its the major town south of Mosul and should be the third or fourth largest city ever liberated from ISIS in Iraq.

But dont expect much to hear about. Iraq has gone completely off the radar (ironically just how it was before the Mosul Happening)

>>31443758
Yeah, Fastaqim claims the whole camp is secured again. Thats why I said its better to wait some time before beginning to cheer madly and proclaim all of rebel-held Aleppo as collapsing and as good as fallen. But somehow a lot of cheerleaders from both sides never learn
>>
File: leopard.jpg (54KB, 630x350px) Image search: [Google]
leopard.jpg
54KB, 630x350px
Why don't the Turks deploy their Leopard 2s? Are they too afraid to lose them?
>>
>>31444364
Why should they deploy them?

The enemy has next to no armor. The turks would gain nothing by deploying their Leo2s but would risk losing some to IEDs and atgms.
>>
>>31444390
>>31444113
>>
>>31444404
Well, how many tanks are that? 5? 10?
Nothing they can't take out with their airforce within a hour.
>>
>>31431768

>Antibiotics

fucking lol
>>
>>31444422
in total, they maybe have ~30 I'd guess. Spread around wherever they decide to send them too.
>>
>>31443493
>>31443063
Ma'an has gone under with all the focus understandably on Aleppo, but that is a major news for the Northern Hama frontline. I remember it being called one of the strongest und most heavily fortified places on that frontline; though I never understood why the rebels spend so much focus in besieging it (its very small and with not much troops inside, so its not like the pro-government side could use it to attack their rear or somehting; rebels should just leave it alone or at most blokade the village).
That now has not only removed the major headache in their rear but also should free up a lot of manpower and material for the rebels.

Its also interesting, that after all that time the pro-regime side has still not stopped or even begun to reverse the rebel gains in Northern Hama, though the frontline had been pretty static. I wonder if we will now see more movement again. Then again I suppose Assad will gladly trade a couple of villages in the middle of nowhere for some real Aleppo gains
>>
>>31431768

>"just to make sure you're telling me the truth, how many airstrikes have happened here-"

>*airstrike meters away from news crew*

I guess that's at least one, akhi...
>>
>>31444523
Maan was part of a defense line of forts and checkpoints making up the SAA's defense for that whole side of Hama. It's even a bigger deal than the pro rebel cheerleaders make it out to be because there is nothing else out there to stop rebels from taking large tracts of territory in rural Hama.
>>31430541
Let's get this party started with a video of a Ruaf WP cluster bomb near hit? This bomb puts the fear of God in anyone. I would dove the covert if it was me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdzP22g1TJQ
>>
File: CgpfGEVWwAAQRgi.jpg (99KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CgpfGEVWwAAQRgi.jpg
99KB, 600x800px
>>31445974
Fuck it SANA is bringing the real party in Aleppo.

https://twitter.com/SANA_English/status/779652736698740736

DJ death a lot bringing the beats!
>>
>>31445974
footage from INSIDE an airstrike.

I LOVE this war!
>>
>>31445974

Bomb is a fucking dud that malfunctioned.
>>
>>31441616
Why don't SAA punch through the middle and split the pocket?
>>
>>31444174
>>31444194
>>31444243
I dont think they captured any in the first place when they found M1s abandoned by the Iraqis they destroyed them themselves to prevent the Iraqis getting them back theres a webm thats been posted in the middle east thread often showing them stuffing the inside of an abandoned M1 with explosives and blowing it up.
>>
>>31438476
Well learn to speak english before you bring an argument to the table, fucking dumbass.
>>
File: 1474739471421.png (542KB, 702x398px) Image search: [Google]
1474739471421.png
542KB, 702x398px
so everyone is using white phosphor now like its nothing? wasnt that stuff banned ?
>>
>>31447833
It's not banned and likely never will be. It has a very good non-violent application. Think of it like nuclear power and nuclear bombs. We have both, but should only use 1.

In anycase, White phospherous, while deadly and toxic, is nowhere near the destructive force of real chemical weapons, and from what I've researched about it, WP tends to kill, not maim in a much tighter blast radius similar to conventional bombs.

/k/ feel free to pipe in on this, I'm not entirely knowledgeable.
>>
>>31447926
I should add, using it as a weapon is banned, but I think countries have realized they can get away with using it anyways because it doesnt cause as much of a scandal.
>>
>>31443995
NO NO ABU!
>>
File: CtBbPz-XgAANmDQ.jpg (134KB, 1024x641px) Image search: [Google]
CtBbPz-XgAANmDQ.jpg
134KB, 1024x641px
A couple of pictures of Ajnad al Kavkaz in Hama. I do not know if they were involved in Maan. First is their military leader with a injured member of their group.
>>
File: CtDY2CMW8AEVf5d.jpg (97KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
CtDY2CMW8AEVf5d.jpg
97KB, 960x960px
>>31448868
You're not you when you're hungry
>>
>>31447833
Its makes a mean smoke screen hot and thick enough to block thermals as well so no.
>>
>>31444025
Slick setup though I wouldn't trust those bricks for anything more than concealment.
>>
File: CqpvqzdW8AARURf.jpg (103KB, 1265x677px) Image search: [Google]
CqpvqzdW8AARURf.jpg
103KB, 1265x677px
>>
File: main_1500 (4).jpg (454KB, 1500x957px) Image search: [Google]
main_1500 (4).jpg
454KB, 1500x957px
>>
File: 1403056338725.png (78KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1403056338725.png
78KB, 240x240px
>>31448868
Guy sitting bares an uncanny resemblance to my off-the-grid stoner uncle who went to live in the mountains a while back.
>>
>>31444113
Shit. Those look like some actually decent tanks
>>
>>31449932
just "professionally" uparmoured and repainted T-72s.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-21+at+12.15.43).jpg (83KB, 755x596px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-21+at+12.15.43).jpg
83KB, 755x596px
>>31449932
example of same/similar ones by Al Raqqa
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-03+at+08.32.38).jpg (165KB, 1273x715px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-03+at+08.32.38).jpg
165KB, 1273x715px
>>31450412
>>
File: 1460472909402.jpg (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460472909402.jpg
119KB, 800x600px
>>
File: CcGBybYWoAASogo.jpg (25KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
CcGBybYWoAASogo.jpg
25KB, 600x337px
obsolete tanks are fun
>>
Tavhid va Jihod assaulting Ma'an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL6vMJBDBs0
>>
File: 620.jpg (2MB, 4096x2456px) Image search: [Google]
620.jpg
2MB, 4096x2456px
SAA T-72
>>
File: wn20130902f3a.jpg (983KB, 4863x3242px) Image search: [Google]
wn20130902f3a.jpg
983KB, 4863x3242px
very fast BMP moving at incredibly high speed
>>
>>31451882
not a bmp probably a yw701
>>
so if anyone was wondering the SAA lost the handarat camp, they had some of it, if not most of it for an hour or so but the "FSA" poured it on and the SAA pulled back
>>
>>31452763
SAA tok part of Handarat Saturday, but they withdraw last night when rebels counter-attacked. Now (this morning) al-Quds brigade have renewed their advance from the east side while air support is again up (Syrian planes lack good night fighting capabilities).

Today will show us will they be able to mount proper attack and reconquer parts or if rebels had enough time to dig in during the night.
>>
>>31452763
well boys its not good news, latakia is just a meat grinder now, hama isnt going well (though could be going a lot worse) and aleppo is well going to be aleppo realistically any ground gained there will be bleed for. shame the SAA pulled back from the handarat camp they should have poured everything they had available into that.
>>
>>31452808
i mean handarat is a literal fortress so im not sure if it will go well, maybe man power was diverted south and the SAA got a toe hold in before shit hit the fan but man if you got a hold of part of it you gotta hold on tooth and nail. taking it would be a huge middle finger to the "FSA"
>>
>>31452824
>is a fortress
From the Castello road side. It's completely defenseless from the other side, that's why it's so easy for the rebels to take it and defend it, while being so hard for the SAA and friends to do the same.
>>
>>31452745
>>31451882
Its definetly bmp chassis. Looks like ambulance AMB-S variant. By now they probably just use them as a troop and equipment carriers.
>>
>>31453161
Kek didn't notice that, you'e right ofc
>>
As you can see by the volume of posts not much has happened today. The rebels gradded the shit out of the Hama airport but I don't have much else. I am still checking around though.
>>
File: 1426561260549.png (95KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1426561260549.png
95KB, 288x288px
>>31430541
What do they rap about if they don't have drugs and hoes?
>>
Rebels take Ma'an.
Rebels attack the line of alawi villages between Ma'an and the east, without much advances yet.
>>
>>31454767
Correct , rebels on the verge of a break though there. I can't stress enough the loss of Maan broke the SAAs lines in the area. Hama city is fine but eastern flank isn't.
>>
>>31445974

>not getting his ass into that pipe under the bridge
>>
>>31447459

This "splitting the pocket" shit has no advantage in reality, especially if neither side is getting supplied exclusively. Basically, bitch-ass Assadites split the pocket...then the unit doing the splitting gets gang banged from both sides and is very easy to cut off. It seems any maneuvering actually relies on having the superior force, unless there is a very clear goal, and I don't see one in what you are proposing.
>>
https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena/2016/09/22/russian-bomb-remains-recovered-syrian-red-crescent-aid-convoy-attack/
>>
>>31444113
IS T-72s vs M60s when?
>>
>>31454859
The problem is, that there is really nothing of note on that eastern flank. Its tiny hamelts and open ground and nothing else. Whatever the rebels take there gets them nothing and could just as easily get lost again.

But they probably dont have too many alternatives: Directly south runs the main defence line in front of Hama, which would be suicidal to attack with russian aircover.
In the west is Mahardah, which would be a prime target but its too large too well defended and too hostile.
Further in the west we have Suqlabiyah, but thats almost a whole other frontline.

Really, if I would be the Chechen commander sitting somewhere in my tent looking at a map and deciding the next course of action, I would have a hard time choosing a target area. Probably in the end I would go for the eastern flank behind Ma'an as well.
>>
>>31455214
The rebels could advance eastwards and then make s turn south.
They could then focus on attacking Hama from the east, where the city have less/no defenses.
>>
>>31455214
That said, twitter chatter implies that fighting had spread direclty towards Kafraa and the huge hill. This -coupled with attacks along the whole eastern frontlines- might actually be the best course of action.

If the rebels could take the Kafraa Hill, they have (1) taken the largest hill in the whole area, (2) secured the flank for any wider move into the open area behind Ma'an northeast of Hama; and (3) in turn could shell or even threaten to outflank the whole regime main defense line before Hama.

Losing Ma'an and Kafraa so short after another would be a huge catastrophe and shows just how weak regime defenses there are. But thats of course still only speculation, rebels dont even have attacked the hill yet. But its fun time ahead if Assad doesnt take that frontline a bit more serious in the future.
>>
>>31455346
But that would cost time. They have to take a lot of ground before they could seriously threaten Hama from the east. But right now, no matter if they take 5 or 10 or 20 villages in the next 2 or 3 weeks while going south, it would still not be enough to make a difference.

LIke I just said, what they are doing though is going south and then turning against the defence line north of Hama from the east. Smart if it works, but we have to see in the next days.
>>
File: CtNefr9W8AAf5tn.jpg (80KB, 1191x555px) Image search: [Google]
CtNefr9W8AAf5tn.jpg
80KB, 1191x555px
Lastly two maps and i'm done. We'll see what Monday brings. First map is SDF starting to advance into IS villages from Afrin.
>>
File: CtLZaOGXEAAnC4F.png (2MB, 2048x1448px) Image search: [Google]
CtLZaOGXEAAnC4F.png
2MB, 2048x1448px
>>31455680
2nd is Hama post Maan
>>
File: Asa.jpg (101KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
Asa.jpg
101KB, 1024x767px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDfwrEthi-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT22pAyBz4Y
>>
>>31449673
>These are the perfect flowers for your Houri gf hajji, I swear. Best flowers in Gas town.
>>
File: a72.jpg (21KB, 341x411px) Image search: [Google]
a72.jpg
21KB, 341x411px
>>31456242
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDfwrEthi-g

monobrow, downlord and two women with painted eyebrows one an old whore
wow assad really brought his elite for the camera
>>
>>31456242
since when are their women in the SAA?
>>
File: 1305570646625.jpg (20KB, 493x387px) Image search: [Google]
1305570646625.jpg
20KB, 493x387px
>>31458482
>there
>>
>>31458482
Since an intire generation of men fled or died in battle.
>>
>>31455214

>But they probably dont have too many alternatives: Directly south runs the main defence line in front of Hama, which would be suicidal to attack with russian aircover.

lol, because Russian air cover helped so much when they broke the siege. Not even anti-Vatnik, that was just a sad-as-hell show.
>>
>>31458643
or switched sides
>>
>>31458482
There aren't. All sides seem to put wimmin in front of cameras for propaganda purposes for some strange reason, except for maybe the jihadist/Islamist groups.

>look at the qt Kurd grill fighter
>she's totally on the frontline guise XD

Not too sure why retards fall for this shit in the West, it's like the IDF all over again, and I've noticed Russia does a lot of this "wimin in uniform" propaganda nowadays.

Always makes me cringe desu.
>>
>>31458675
What was even sadder is that it took basically an entire month to close the "gap" (not that they ever got much through), nearly a whole month of men getting cut down by ATGMs and mortars, and it's not like it was a particularly large area. Granted they did secure those hills around that cement plant or whatever (can't remember names but u get the idea).

It seemed that only in the final days did they put the resources needed into closing it again at the AF tech college, and not more al-Quds guys running across an open field...
>>
File: womans in the SAA.jpg (152KB, 1032x691px) Image search: [Google]
womans in the SAA.jpg
152KB, 1032x691px
>>31458482
Quite some time already. There are some all female units from the SAA, mostly near Damascus and Daraya, and many of those started as NDF units iirc. There is also a Republican Guard all female unit since last year, I think, that pretty much also probably started as a NDF unit and which, I believe, the quality and efficiency does not vary much from any other current SAA/NDF unit.

Historically, there many registers of female soldiers in "commando" (more like militias) units of the SAA; but their role and real significance have always been obscure for western observers. For example, this old video of female soldiers parading for Assad senior and his brother, and eating snakes alive:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=df7_1362499047

The image is two sections from two different Osprey volumes about Arab armies that I have in PDF, written in the 80's.
>>
File: 1409287907576.jpg (32KB, 437x720px) Image search: [Google]
1409287907576.jpg
32KB, 437x720px
>>31460279
>that vid

Is there some kind of cultural significance to eating snakes or is this just a normal thing? Also that dude stabbing that goat prison style. Also the bagpipes. Fuck dictators are weird.
>>
>>31460446
>Is there some kind of cultural significance to eating snakes or is this just a normal thing?

Remember my father telling stories of his time in the army, in which one of the things they need to do in the wilderness survival course it was tear off the head of a chicken with his teeth's and drink the blood.

If I would take a guess, it serves to prepare the soldier for extreme situations and show that he could find food source in blood itself alone. But it is very idiotic and useless stuff nowadays, in my opinion, and serves more as a test/show of courage. Something that armies love to do.

So, I guess that tear off the snake head and cocking it pretty falls under the category of courage test disguised as survival course, even more in a country with large portions of desert land.
>>
>>31458373
>wow assad really brought his elite for the camera

al-Quds aren't elite, no one ever said they are, the fuck you on about?
>>
>>31460852
Oh wait my apologies thought you were talking about the Handarat camp video
>>
File: Huehues in syria.jpg (167KB, 807x748px) Image search: [Google]
Huehues in syria.jpg
167KB, 807x748px
Some stuff of the Bundeswehr training the Kurdish Iraqi Peshmergas in an artificial village that they build near Erbil:

https://twitter.com/KonstantinKlug/status/779686502183890945

It leads those these links of the Bundeswehr offical site, the first about the artificial village, the training and their role:

http://www.einsatz.bundeswehr.de/portal/a/einsatzbw/!ut/p/c4/LYvBCoMwEET_KGugrdKb1ktLT15aeymrWWRpTCRdFaQf3wScgYGZx8ALoh0uPKCwd2jhCW3P525V3WroTey-KFus-JGZrN0nko3gkc6GVO8dSUohJxxzCCg-qMkHsYnMIUSi2ECb6brS-SHbpX_lpSnut_x4qq9VA9M4ln-d5GX7/

And an second link with the entire video:

https://www.bmvg.de/portal/a/bmvg/!ut/p/c4/NYu7DsIwEAT_yGfTgOgSBSEapNBA6BzHcg780uUSGj4eu2BXmmJHC08ojXpDpxlT1B4eMBg8jh8xhs2JV1qprGJBM1uaLfKSk0fGN9zrdbLCpGi5km1kLHSkOZHIidhXsxIVI3CCQaqulUr-o77Naddfz4e96i7tDXIIzQ8iE4Pi/
>>
>>31454661
Guns and money(or goats/camels?), duh.
>>
File: 1402708331262.jpg (17KB, 464x261px) Image search: [Google]
1402708331262.jpg
17KB, 464x261px
>>31454661

about islam, what the fuck else
>>
>>31459893
Syrian girls do fight in at least Damascus granted they are not put into the same situation as men. But there wouldn't be that bus full of them killed a while back if they weren't actualy fighting.
>>
File: Maga.jpg (27KB, 278x395px) Image search: [Google]
Maga.jpg
27KB, 278x395px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpSEdEzudXM
>>
>>31447531
Learn to arguement before you participate in a discussion, that grammar whining is just the last straw of pathetic imbeciles like you.
>>
>http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/syrienkrieg-100-000-kinder-in-ost-aleppo-eingeschlossen-a-1113973.html

german media is on full propaganda course right now...

100k children in east-aleppo... its just hillarious.
>>
File: c62.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
c62.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>31464908
>oh no, some german news site reported something stupid
>better spam it on /k/
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>31464916
i've been on /k/ for years and i will stay here. I don't give a fuck about other boards on 4chan.
>>
File: the_fuck_is_wrong_with_you.jpg (17KB, 465x446px) Image search: [Google]
the_fuck_is_wrong_with_you.jpg
17KB, 465x446px
>>31464923
>non /k/ related obvious /pol/ crap
>i have been here for "years"
every
fucking
time
>>
>>31464908
In Portugal it's the same.
The media has been flooded with "those poor 1.7~2 million civillians in rebel controlled Aleppo being slaughtered by evil Assad.

How many people are there now? 50K (including rebels)?
>>
>>31464936
i just don't care for silly your inner-4chan-wars between boards or whatever. I come to 4chan because of /k/. Deal with it.
>>
>>31464936
Not him, but how about you skedaddle the fuck out with your reddit reaction images.
Besides the whole article is bullshit and you know it
>>
>>31464944
Then post that crap on /pol/, you can jerk with the idiots over there about it and come back when you want to discuss about /k/ related stuff. See >>27429060, which you totaly should knew, since you are here "for years"
>>
>>31464962
>post about middle east
>not related

Just shut up
>>
>>31464949
>/pol/ crap is totaly fine, but your reddit reaction images are a real problem
>you know reddit? right? the ones /pol/ accuse everyone to be, when they attack them
Obvious bullshit is obvious.
>>
File: b2r.jpg (189KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
b2r.jpg
189KB, 717x880px
>>31464916
>>31464936
fuck off
>>
>>31464965
And if you had only done that, it would be half related, but the m-muh media bullshit is just useless.
>>
>>31464983
for you
>>
>>31464908
>>31464923
>>31464974
Can we just ban that idiot, so he can go back to his containment board.
>>
>>31464998
fuck off redditor, go cry about politics somewhere else
>>
>>31464908
German fag here, they are not reporting it on their own account, but citing a UNICEF report. So much for
>full propaganda course
More like
>boohoo they posted something i dont like
>better leave out a vital information so it fits my narritive and people get the wrong impression
as stated before, pretty much standard /pol/ behaviour.
>>
>>31465019
>UNICEF

not 100% propaganda
>>
>>31465003
see >>27429060
>implying anyone really cares or uses the reddit insult but poltards
>>
>>31465024
Dude, what are you even doing here, go to /pol/ and circlejerk with your friends about how everything is propaganda and what not.
>>
>>31464840
>wimmin in combat in Syria
>being on the frontline in a support role (non-combat)

pick one. I still can't comprehend how people fall for this nonsense

>proofs?

You'll just give me the SANA handout pics...
>>
>>31465027
yeah, everyone is /pol/ and only you are the true /k/ommando. Its alright.
>>
File: 1470077107384.jpg (61KB, 632x569px) Image search: [Google]
1470077107384.jpg
61KB, 632x569px
>>31465027
>muh pawl boogeyman!!!111
seriously fuck off back to your website
>>
File: 1322932621898.gif (25KB, 350x225px) Image search: [Google]
1322932621898.gif
25KB, 350x225px
>>31465050
>>
>>31465052
You really are a bit standing out with the way you are posting and all just saying, and it sure aint very /k/.
>>
File: DSC_1576-copy.jpg (1MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1576-copy.jpg
1MB, 4608x3072px
T-72, east Qalamoun
>>
>>31465063
>and it sure aint very /k/.

I couldn't care less desu
>>
File: DSC_1461-copy.jpg (1MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1461-copy.jpg
1MB, 4608x3072px
>the sandpeople, are easily startled but they'll soon be back
>>
>>31465054
>implying /k/ doesnt have a problem with poltards
>implying they arent always trying it here over and over
>implying we cant see the same "i am on /k/ for years, watch me how i poltard post here" tries every day
kek
>>
>>31465079
I've been here when /k/ had daily "lets conquer zimbabwe and re-build rhodesia" thread
I've been here when the rhodie-camo project started
I've been here when there was actual planning to make an Innawoods video game

I simply don't give a fuck about silly board wars. Believe me or not, the last time i was on /pol/ was when it was called /new/
>>
>>31465054
>>31465061
I like how they complain about reddit tier pictures, then a second later they go and do something on the same level, but this time it is all right of course.
>>
File: welcometok.gif (1MB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
welcometok.gif
1MB, 256x256px
>>31465095
If you are on 4chan, you post 4chan pics. Simple as that.
>>
>>31465091
Doesnt matter if you arent shit, if you chose to look and smell like shit you arent going to get treated differntly than the orginial shit. Just saying.
>>
>>31465100
And which wasnt a 4chan picture or isnt widely used here to start with?
>>
>>31465111
SHUT THE FUCK UP ALL OF YOU THIS IS A SAFESPACE FOR DISCUSSING THE MID EAST SHITHOLE, FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
>>
>>31465091
Post stuff accordingly to the boards, if you want to discuss muh media and muh propaganda, you are on the wrong board and since idiots from another board try to force it too, you are posting it extra wrong.
>>
File: 1447572955004.jpg (43KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447572955004.jpg
43KB, 600x400px
>>31465079
we are everywhere, deal with it redditor
>>
>>31450540
Considering there is footage of rebel T-62's trying to drive over enemy soldiers, chasing them.

I would say it is not obsolete.
>>
>>31450540
This looks like you can see even less from the inside.

>>31465155
And everywhere you are unwanted, cancer.
>>
>>31465079
jesus christ drop it already you daft cunt nobody cares
>>
File: 78768768.png (116KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
78768768.png
116KB, 320x371px
>>31465170
you right now:
>>
>>31465171
>hurr i dont care for /pol/-tier shitposting
>durr i just care if someone goes against it
>>31465178
>y-you mad

Always comes so manditory.
>>
>>31465185
>>31465079
This
Every time some calls it out, we get the same "we totaly arent shitposting" shitposting shortly after.
>>
File: 1464063229314.jpg (36KB, 702x651px) Image search: [Google]
1464063229314.jpg
36KB, 702x651px
>>31465185
tell me where the ebil /pawl/ bigot nadzee raysist touched /k/edditor
>>
>>31465236
>totaly not shitposting
Gee, i wonder why it aint getting critized by people like >>31465122 >>31465100 >>31465061 >>31465052. Could it be that this was just by one (type of) person with one agenda? No one will ever find out, since poltards are the ultimate rusemaster...or at least they think so with their rather obvious repetitive shitposting.
>>
>>31465313
Maybe because i don't want to derail the thread any further? I never answer to shitposting if its not directed directly at me (like your post).

Post like the one in question are just bait, and you are stupid enough to fall for it. Now i could ask you if you are new in here or why you still fall for boring and obvious triggers like that.. but i actually don't care.
>>
>>31465370
Sure thing, pal. It is almost wonderous how someone always pops up at the end of such discussions being all "logical and all", who will only go against the one going against shitposting, but
graceviously shruggs the shitposting itself away. Since the starting shitposting is never the problem of course. No,no, instead just declare the other the problem, which would be exactly the thing to do, if you want to shitpost here without resistance in the future.
>>
>>31465370
If you really think you should leave every garbage just roaming around here freely, you will find yourself in bad company very soon. You show more resistance to other people than the tards, way to go. Can say thank you in the name of them.
>>
Wew another thread ruined, good fucking job you fucking autist cunts
>>
File: alj.jpg (197KB, 879x960px) Image search: [Google]
alj.jpg
197KB, 879x960px
>>31465661
I honestly think this general needs some kind of header with links for good places to get military info. I never know where to go for news.

Ive used aljazeera for years, and besides being heavily liberal-bent, it doesnt provide any up to the moment news or combat footage that these threads thrive on. I dont know, maybe thats not possible and I need to just start building a library of 300 twitter feeds.
>>
>>31465771
These threads were really good up until a year or two ago, now every other thread is de-railed after 100 posts by /pol/ posters. I'll usually come on two or three times a week to skim through the thread(s) for relevant info. I would do as you suggested with Twitter but I am already on a watch-list and living in the UK I don't want any further hassle.
>>
>>31465771
>I dont know, maybe thats not possible and I need to just start building a library of 300 twitter feeds.
Is more or less pretty much that. The majority of the more military stuff, news, reports and footage, comes from the twitter accounts, while the more mainstream media outlets only touch the surface.

We could try and organize a list with useful links to copy and past in the threads, like the pol threads do.
>>
just heard something on TV rambling about a new kind of bomb they use in Aleppo which makes the buildings fall like it's nothing. Do they mean bunker buster bombs or is it something else I'm unaware of? Or they might be making shit up too
>>
>>31465879
They talk about bunker busters as if its some new kind of super evil baby killer weapon.
>>
>>31431768
At least they are aiming in the right direction.
>>
>>31465879
I think it just a case of mainstream media overreacting. Recent reports of Ruaf airstrikes are as the same of always; reports of cluster and incendiary bombs, with the use of thermite munitions.

I think that this time, news media are terrified with the thermite munition. It also the one that fits best in your description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gEZOwB0TZI

But it is nothing like some new evil weapon; armies uses that since WWII.
>>
As the western neighbour of germoney, i'd like to excuse his behaviour. This achmed >>31465019
does not know what he is talking about.
Perhaps he'll also apologize for all american soldiers that have been killed by weapons and ammo that was bought with money either sluiced through or coming from germoney.
>>
>>31465879
I still know how the media got mad over US using them in Iraq, since they do a lot of damage to surrounding buildings as well. But since it is against glorious Assad and Russia this something entirely different and therefor propaganda.
>>
>>31466236
all those great, thought through arguements and facts...NOT
>This achmed
/pol/ once more reveals itself

can we please have an extra note that those threads are supposed to be /pol/ free in the next OP?
>>
File: csi-miami.jpg (26KB, 460x299px) Image search: [Google]
csi-miami.jpg
26KB, 460x299px
https://translate.google.se/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ksta.de%2Fpolitik%2Finterview-mit-al-nusra-kommandeur--die-amerikaner-stehen-auf-unserer-seite--24802176&edit-text=
>>
>>31466479
If i were to go on /pol/ and would look for that link, would i find it posted before yours? Just curious how a swede end up with a german article to begin with.
>>
File: 1290615771078.jpg (10KB, 238x220px) Image search: [Google]
1290615771078.jpg
10KB, 238x220px
>>31466571

>a swede

Just like him
>>
File: best coastal.jpg (82KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
best coastal.jpg
82KB, 1136x640px
1st coastal is back
>>
>5,200 American soldiers in Iraq
>20,000 in Afghanistan
>1,200 in Syria
>400 in Yemen
>600 in Libya

My fellow Americans, there are, no boots on the ground. Also, I am black.
>>
>named first coastal
>don't even touch the coast
>have never even seen the coast
>lost almost all of Latakia

You jihadis need to try harder
>>
>>31467133
They did touch the coast though.
>>
>>31467215
:^/
>>
>>31466571
Suprise suprise, it is straight out of /pol/s /sg/ thread.
>>>/pol/90389971

>there is totaly no /pol/ posters problem on /k/
Good laugh.
>>
>>31467396
Guess what, there are /k/ posters on /pol/ just as well, and even worse: I'm a /tg/ poster... how terrible.
>>
>>31467429
>There are NO /pol/ posters here, it is all in your head, you are REDDIT!
>lookie, lookie, stuff straight from /pol/
>There are people from /pol/ here, why should someone care
>>
>>31467567
>literally 5 hours later

retards like you still get upset about people posting on different boards at the same time. I didn't know that you have to choose one board and stick to that.
>>
>>31467578
>boohoo stop ruining our stuff
Thread is up and running over there and the guy who posted is still keeping silent over where he got it, you can pretty much guess why. Furthermore i hardly give a crap about which other boards people visit, expect for /pol/ and a few others, because theses are subboards full of cancer and seen as containment boards, always busy forcing their stuff on other boards. Thats the difference between them and us, we dont go over there and spam our stuff, that is something they do, because they think they have the right to bring their "light" to all in the dark.
>>
>>31467626
Not the same guy, but do you have autism? It's boards on a anime website, you are taking this too seriously.

Lose weight
Take a shower
Seek sunlight
>>
>>31467779
The amount of people randomly passing by and pretending /pol/ is totaly fine is rather getting uncanny.
>>
>>31467795
What is really uncanny is how often people get called autists the second they critize /pol/ stuff here. Those posts seem to only be coming from a small set of people if not from one person.
>>
>>31467795

>SEETHING

Lmao call samefag on me you autist. Only a autistic sperg like yourself would think people from a board on 4chan are raiding another board. Protip: this isn't a sekrit club, it's on the front page of /k/ ;^)

Please, I'm begging you, on my hands and knees, seek sunlight and lose your virginity.
>>
File: 1467200973455.jpg (175KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
1467200973455.jpg
175KB, 1024x887px
>>31467779
>>31467578
>>
File: 1474591816630.jpg (162KB, 640x806px) Image search: [Google]
1474591816630.jpg
162KB, 640x806px
>>31464908

The globalist push for regime is obvious now, isn't it.

Unfortunately for them, the internet exists and it's really difficult to control information, since no one but women and blue-pilled retards watch cable news.
>>
>>31467868
>le internet detective solved de case!!!!

Wow, the autist are really coming out of the woodwork. Yeah man, the "big bad /pol/ monster" is out to ruin your "sekrit thread".

Kid, I bet you don't even own a gun.

Please get a clue, I'll be in /a/k/ if you need me.

>>31467897
>ABSOLUTELY SEETHING

Take a shower
Hit the weights
Get a clue
>>
>>31466711
>t-shirt, slippers
Now that's casual battle wear
>>
File: 1473721924742.jpg (53KB, 720x571px) Image search: [Google]
1473721924742.jpg
53KB, 720x571px
>>31464998

>Muh innocent Jihad niggers

>Dindu nuffin

>Dey good bakeries..

Bellingcat, I hope you get violated by some Kurd or something.
>>
File: 1473862500956.jpg (53KB, 640x556px) Image search: [Google]
1473862500956.jpg
53KB, 640x556px
>>31465810
>These threads were really good up until a year or two ago, now every other thread is de-railed after 100 posts

These threads were FSA-circle jerks by the morons who have recently learned that the conflict was engineered and the West has been conspiring with Jihadists all along.

Now that the toothpaste is out of the tube, the professional shills (and they exist) make a stink every time someone exposes the lies coming out of Kerry's mouth or the theatrics of the deranged cunt Samantha Powers at the UN.

Sorry dipshits, you lost the information war, it slipped out of your control and now our boy Trump is going to fire your asses.

Learn Spanish or programming or something, you'll need new skills to be competitive in the labor force.
>>
Why do you stupid niggers find it so fucking hard to be impartial on this shit?
>>
How do I find Middle East stuff on youtube/twitter/others if I don't know arabic?
>>
File: 1469184857367.jpg (58KB, 899x566px) Image search: [Google]
1469184857367.jpg
58KB, 899x566px
>>31468098

حلب
>>
>>31467969
>These threads were FSA-circle jerks
Bullshit, these threads have been populated by retarded fanbois of every faction, as well as plenty with no interest in cheering for any particular side. If you've failed to see that you either haven't read many of these threads or are unable to see past your own bias and simply see the cheerleaders for whoever you support as the only ones that are right here.
>make a stink every time someone exposes the lies coming out of Kerry's mouth or the theatrics of the deranged cunt Samantha Powers at the UN.
You must be reading different threads, sure I miss bits here and there but the overriding opinion of either I see is that they're hopeless idealists spewing shit with zero relevance or chance to happen at routine intervals, and are good only for comic relief at how they expect everyone to suddenly shake hands, say GG and pack up go home.

>>31468001
>Why do you stupid niggers find it so fucking hard to be impartial on this shit?
It's often the minority that support a particular faction that will be the loudest and most obnoxious shitposters whenever their side has a good day/week/whatever, then when the tide turns back in favour of someone else most of them stfu, only to be replaced by a different bunch of shitposters cheering for whoever else is having a better time that week. Those of us that give far less of a shit are less noticeable because we aren't posting
>[FACTION] ON SUICIDE WATCH
>[FACTION] BTFO RUN AWAY LIKE BITCHES
>CRY MORE TO [OUTSIDE PARTY] TO SAVE ASSES
every time there's slightly more than a minor fight over some shitty little village.
>>
>>31468098
google translate.

livemapua and AMN news usually release some videos.

>>31468150
neat, never knew Arabs pronounced Aleppo with an H at the start.
>>
>>31468534
lol forgot to namefag

In other news. Turkish reinforcements amassing on their side of the border next to the Kurdish held town of Tell Abiad.

Also, US top diplomats denied ruling out Assad's running in possible future elections, but buck passed the decision to allow him to run to the Geneva talks. So even though they haven't said they don't want him running as a candidate, they managed to shift blame of rejection of Assad to the talks between all sides.
>>
File: CnwAkasWEAAPDk2.jpg (14KB, 321x293px) Image search: [Google]
CnwAkasWEAAPDk2.jpg
14KB, 321x293px
>>31443758
Since not much is happening there is a video to this whole battle that pro rebel accounts are laughing at the last 2 days. After Al Qud took over Handarat camp a video came out of these 3 guys calling out the rebels and basically gloating that they had taken over Handarat camp translated into english.

https://twitter.com/MmaGreen/status/779754363833217024

That same night these guys were ambushed and lost 20 killed before retreating. Just goes to show you it's probably not a good idea to gloat a hour after you take a objective, especially one that is known for counter attacks like Handarat.
>>
File: 1351960653495.jpg (762KB, 1600x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1351960653495.jpg
762KB, 1600x1077px
>>31467915
That picture is sort of funny though. I at least kek'd.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 196x110px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 196x110px
Air show in North Korea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggIQKIxTuw0
>>
>>31468606
Just in, Rebels are amassing near the town of Marea in Northern Aleppo in what most likely will be an offensive against ISIL (or even the Kurds). It is estimated that the offensive will commence tomorrow at 10:00 (not specified if AM or PM)
>>
File: 1474140854840.jpg (537KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1474140854840.jpg
537KB, 2048x1536px
so whats the verdict?
>>
>>31469248

fuck kebab, what else
>>
>>31469248
The one's on the edges are cute, the one's in the middle are ugly.
>>
File: 31561445.jpg (863KB, 1200x1353px) Image search: [Google]
31561445.jpg
863KB, 1200x1353px
>>31469258
>>
>>31468791
So to continue with this story the rebels put out a response video to the Al Qud gloating video the next day with a captured Al Qud fighter in the video pleading to be saved. It's like WWE for war.

https://twitter.com/Malcolmite/status/780484873869991936
>>
File: motorized ATGM.png (813KB, 540x721px) Image search: [Google]
motorized ATGM.png
813KB, 540x721px
>>31469108
Last thing i'll post unless something big happens.

Jabhet Fateh al-Sham admits that US indirectly supporting them

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/nusra-commander-syria-us-supporting-usbut-not-enough/

What jumped out at me was this excerpt;

"We accept no one from the Assad-regime or from the Free Syrian Army, which is called moderate."

>moderate
>>
>>31466355

these threads belong in /pol/, not the fucking weapons board. the mods are shit. now if this was a thread about the weapons being used in the conflict, that would be different. but it's just /pol/ in disguise, shit posting here because they can get away with it.
>>
>>31467915
Needs more bakeries and community centers and shit.
>>
>>31469248
Hopefully soon to be dead reds
>>
>>31469538
You do realize that Masdar News is an Hezbollah channel, right?
>>
>>31469859
On that note the US directly supports Iraqi Shias militias who are now deeply involved in Syria. I think this needs to be said. Shit the US supports both the YPG and Turkish backed FSA who hate each other guts.
>>
>>31469859
yeah, I should have added that the info has to be taken with a grain of salt. But that should be a given considering that I find myself looking at either pro-Assad or pro rebel news sources most of the time.
>>
>>31470287
I would hope people take everything with a grain of salt. The two last video's I posted were ridiculous but add to the drama of the recent Handarat battle hence why I posted it. 90% of everything is shit fligging from every side. Nobody is innocent of this.
>>
File: Nothing gay here.jpg (251KB, 952x1269px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing gay here.jpg
251KB, 952x1269px
Found this photo to bump the thread.

There is little to nothing new to report; except for good old Leith Fadel saying that "SAA Tiger Forces reportedly preparing to launch Al Bab offensive". Knowing the historic of Fadel reports about "upcoming/imminent SAA offensives" there some big chances of this one being BS. Thats why I didnt bother reporting this before.

Other thing from early today, and also probably BS, is that ISIS claimed a US soldier killed, alongside 9 SDF/YPG fighters, near Manbij. Is not impossible for a US soldier to die fighting ISIS in Syria, we know that they are there and they are not superhumans, people die in wars, even special forces, but there is no evidence to back this claim, until now.
>>
damn, spend the fucking night watching that shit american debate. I had hoped they spoke more about foreign policy and the middle east, but that probably is pretty low on the american priority list apart from the standard 'isis is evil we have to defeat them' line.
But holy shit, was Trump retarded in that one
>against the Iran deal; going so far as to call shooting at the Iranians, because thats really what we need in the middle east right now
>isis stronger then ever, they have all the libyan oil now
>is against the iraq war, rightly calling it responsible for the mess the ME is in now, then goes on to say the US should have occupied iraq longer, staying in there against the explicit wishes of the iraqi government and people

Even worse for him, that Hillary called him out on that shit.
Well, the ME wasnt really a point in the debate, but what I got in general is, that neither of the two has actually any kind of answer to handle the shitshow there differently.
>>
You know you kids can just ignore the shitposts right? Like just dont respond to it... What a marvel thought
>>
>>31473087
>'isis is evil we have to defeat them' line

Yep, this obsession with ISIS, even though I think the civil war aspect of the conflict around Idlib and elsewhere is much more important, is reaching pretty Orwellian levels desu

Anyway, take a look at this dank GoPro combat footage before it gets censored:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXHVQwVO1I4
>>
>>31473203
I suspect its the same guy samefagging. Or at least partially and then other people join it.
But in general /k/ is very easily baited. No matter how obvious the bait, enough people will take it (while complaining how it derails the thread)
>>
>>31473271
Its even more ludicrous when most people have zero interest or knowledge of even the most fundamental things about the current wars in iraq ad syria, but all agree that ISIS is that obersized danger to them, because thats what the media is telling them.

I'm pretty sure, most people talking about them do not realize that they are close to defeat in iraq, pretty much completely on the defense in syria, bleeding ground, while only being secondary at best actors in libya and afghanistan.
>>
>>31440275
>the Clash
>shitty
yeah no
>>
>>31473398
>but all agree that ISIS is that obersized danger to them, because thats what the media is telling them

What worries me the most is that governments absolutely exploit this to massively expand state powers, and so a bunch of Abu Hajaars thousands of kilometers away suddenly become this existential threat and are a focal point of elections

Triggers the fuck out of me
>>
>>31473271
yesss I've been looking for this
that is some crisp jihad
>>
>>31430541

that's a pretty good tune/vid, is he on assad's side?
>>
File: CtT_XZAWgAAAPND.jpg (157KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CtT_XZAWgAAAPND.jpg
157KB, 900x1200px
This is the most important question for the entire thread......seriously is Gen. Hassan a homosexual? I know there is low key fags in middle eastern cultures but this is obvious.
>>
>>31473834

they're not even low key about it... its common practice to fuck little boys

http://www.vice.com/video/this-is-what-winning-looks-like-full-length
>>
>>31473855
How progressive.
>>
>>31473919

I hate vice too but watch it, basically afghan police are heroin junkie pedophiles and our marines have to resist the urge to beat the shit out of them.
>>
File: not even all of them.jpg (3MB, 7998x3084px) Image search: [Google]
not even all of them.jpg
3MB, 7998x3084px
>>31473271
>>31473398
>>31473597
IS have become the figurehead bid baddie for the conflict in most western media for a few reasons, most of which boil down too it keeps things simple. There is also a nice benefit that it avoids going in to too much detail about western involvement because they can just sweep it off with generalizations about 'helping fight against IS' but mostly it keeps things short and simple for people with no great desire to pay much attention to the region at all. Pic related, if you're Mr news editor are you going to try and explain even half of that in a 30-60 second segment? Even discounting how much pressure there may be from network owners to push narratives and assuming for the moment you have complete editorial freedom, it's (like most civil wars) a huge and complex clusterfuck of ever changing factions and inter-relations that is pretty much impossible to accurately describe in terms that will make sense to someone with no prior knowledge on it, in the time typically available for a single segment. Rather than leave viewers/readers going away with a confused "WUT" a simple narrative can be understood, even if WUT would be a vastly more accurate understanding of the situation.
>>
Breaking reports from pro rebel sources of a pre assault artillery barrage in Hama. I can't tell which village it is or if it's a hill nearby anyways i'll leave it at that.
>>
>>31474732
To see the artillery they used before taking Maan it's the first 45 seconds of this video. They mass shoot elephant rockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oajurUmpikA

This is a good idea of the kind of artillery they use plus 57mm cannon trucks and T-55 tanks.
>>
>>31473834
Isn't handholding a big friendship thing in the Mid East?
>>
>>31473635
Here's the full vid btw, although that's definitely the best segment

http://jihadology.net/2016/09/22/new-video-message-from-the-islamic-state-the-epic-battles-of-constancy-3-wilayat-dijlah/

Use this site in general to keep track of the Abu Hajaars, everything else is censored or is hard to find

http://jihadology.net/
>>
Guys, Syria's concrete block architecture literally caused the civil war

http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-09-20/syrias-concrete-block-architecture-contributed-its-unraveling

I guess if you lived in a depressing Khrushchev-tier concrete block jungle with Christians/shias living in the same block as you I'd probs wanna go jihad too, reeee
>>
>>31474723
Lol yeah, it's also a tried and true political strategy: 'to distract the public at home, divert attention to some foreign enemy'
>>
File: image.png (714KB, 2696x2076px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
714KB, 2696x2076px
Interesting map of the Islamic State provinces, which also happen to tell you where a particular video was filmed via the name/symbol that are usually in the upper corner, so u can use it to cross-check
>>
>>31431419
cool jet painting
>>
File: CtVpAwYWcAAeFtM.jpg (367KB, 1200x1152px) Image search: [Google]
CtVpAwYWcAAeFtM.jpg
367KB, 1200x1152px
>>31474732
Map of what rebels claim to have captured today in Hama. The eastern flank strategy is indeed what they went with.
>>
>>31433335
>wearing ear protecting for saefty
kek
>>
>>31475118
What's the grand plan here?

Is it to simply relieve pressure on Aleppo (this seems rather pointless now), expand into the countryside/plains, or are they actually trying to get to Hama city itself, presumably by conquering the mountains to its right flank and going through Maar Shahour?

And haven't they launched an offensive towards Hama pretty much every year since 2012?
>>
>>31475190
They are trying to take large swaths of Hama province , most of it rural. Where they go from there is a open question. I don't know. There are several directions they can take if they sweep though.
>>
File: tank.jpg (157KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
tank.jpg
157KB, 1024x576px
>>31465159
>footage of rebel T-62's trying to drive over enemy soldiers
>>
>>31475213
>most of it rural

So even if they take large swathes of countryside it will still be a big blow, since Hama gov is agricultural af

The rebels honestly seem to perform much better in the countryside/plains
>>
>>31475244
The funny part of all this is if they go too far one direction they are going to bump into IS held Hama.
>>
File: SYRIA 1.jpg (4MB, 3771x2514px) Image search: [Google]
SYRIA 1.jpg
4MB, 3771x2514px
>>31475231
That's a T-55 m8, sorry for the autism

Easy guide to Syria's tanks:

T-54: has a dome thing on its turret to the right side (somewhat rare)
T-55: does not have this dome thing because of the NBC system (note: BOTH T-55s and 54s can be with/without fume extractors)
T-62: fume extractor is in the MIDDLE of the barrel and the road wheels are more spaced, particularly at the rear
T-72: famous tank, instantly recognizable

ofc there are several different versions of each tank in service so look up each vehicle on Oryx Blog or something

Here's a few vids of T-54s in Aleppo just because it's qt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WyBVHos2l8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5AzUfh3lM2wzLGWvHR1vEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1edL8Hxhm4
>>
>>31475300
Fuck wrong link for the second one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzAFbqh7Mic
>>
>>31473087
>>is against the iraq war, rightly calling it responsible for the mess the ME is in now, then goes on to say the US should have occupied iraq longer, staying in there against the explicit wishes of the iraqi government and people
Well... he's technically correct about that.
And what happened? We ended up coming back to Iraq and now have troops in Syria.
>>
>>31475325
I love how everyone forgets that the decision to withdraw was made by the Bush Admin. and that public pressure at home to leave was immense

>In 2008 the American and Iraqi governments signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement. It included a specific date, 30 June 2009, by which American forces should withdraw from Iraqi cities, and a complete withdrawal date from Iraqi territory by 31 December 2011.[13] On 14 December 2008 then-President George W. Bush signed the security agreement with Iraq. In his fourth and final trip to Iraq, President Bush appeared in a televised news conference with Iraq's prime minister Nouri al-Maliki to celebrate the agreement and applauded security gains in Iraq saying that just two years ago "such an agreement seemed impossible".[27]

Only thing Trump is correct about is that we shouldn't have been there in the first place, just about every sane person thinks this nowadays, and yet Trump supported Iraq and so did much of the public if i remember correctly
>>
>>31475231
https://twitter.com/Omar_Madaniah/status/760072457097273345
>>
>>31475382
Trump had an interview with Cavuto and a magazine article that has him vehemently opposing the war almost immediately after it is launched. Saying "I guess so..." without any conviction a year before isn't actual support.

The issue with that is Trump shits on both previous presidents for being bumbling fucks, and just because a previous president agrees, that doesn't mean you can't renegotiate either.
>>
>>31475382
The timeline to withdraw was done by Bush but you can argue thatObama could have hammered out a new agreement with the Iraqis but didn't want to because of unpopular war etc bla bla bla. Surely they had some leverage to to get a new status of forces agreement.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make. They're both to blame I guess.
>>
>>31475257
Another Hama village may be gone. Rebels attacking Qarah, they might have just taken it. I am not sure.
>>
So who is winning the war currently?
>>
>>31475436
Step reporting rebels were repelled at Qarah.
>>
>>31475437
Iran
>>
>>31475444
My bad , I just re translated it after taking the hash tag off . Step reporting they were able to take Qarah. This shit is going fast and furious right now.
>>
>>31475451
Aren't they losing thousands of soldiers?
>>
>>31475453
The offensive is ongoing. I'm going to have to check back on the ending day updates. Hold on to your jimmies because the rebels are trying to roll over ALOT of villages in the area.
>>
>>31475498
Well since the SAA just seems to flee every time a muddied Toyota landcruiser drives towards them it's not that surprising, at least until they finally bring in reinforcements/the """elite""" units + the usual airstrike deluge
>>
>>31475437
The kurds to the north are the only ones winning without stop for years now. On the east Iran is a great help because the iraqi army is... worthless to say the least. And on the west it's such a clusterfuck no one knows.
>>
File: CtT8HAAWgAQcWNH.jpg (269KB, 1200x747px) Image search: [Google]
CtT8HAAWgAQcWNH.jpg
269KB, 1200x747px
>>31475190
>And haven't they launched an offensive towards Hama pretty much every year since 2012?

But this is the most serious push yet. They have taken three larger towns and two fortress villages that were integral parts of the regime defense line north of Hama.
>>
>>31455705
Here is the map from Sunday

Qarah, Ash Shatah (and Tulaysiyah maybe) in the upper right have been captured.
>>
>>31475437
>>31475570
It's too early to tell really.

Iran and friends have succeeded in maintaining the status quo (by this I mean maintaining the Ba'athist government, even if it is in "decay"), whilst they have also succeeded in maintaining the government's hold on the populated areas (crucial to maintaining legitimacy), despite loosing control of much of the country territorially.

The Kurds on the other hand are winning purely for themselves, ofc. They went from being not even classed as citizens to controlling their own sprawling de facto state, achievable mostly due to the West and lack of a Syrian state presence.

al-Qaeda + Idlib jihadists are more winners than you might think, as they basically have their own mini Islamic State of Idlib Governorate. This is something they never had before, and there's nothing like having some solid clay under your administration as opposed to waging jihad for 20+ years on a mountain somewhere.

Remember that both Assad + rebels, as of this moment, do not have the capability to outright defeat the other militarily (this may change for Assad as others have pointed out), but the balance is deffs in Assad's favour rn due to the significant amount of foreign support he has.
>>
Completely unrelated to the Mid East, but the Ruskies are demonstrating how to use the qt BMD in airborne ops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF6U4RCYJPU

>tfw you will never own one
>>
>>31439706
I feel like this Clash song fits the entire stiuation better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkyCrx4DyMk
>>
File: Russian Robots.jpg (519KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Russian Robots.jpg
519KB, 1200x800px
I realize what I'm doing, but I'd just like to address this shit. We realize that both this board and /pol/ have military generals and they're useful for scooping out information, videeos, happenings etcetra. What's fucking stupid is that while /sg/ information from /sg/ does fit into /k/ apparently it's still deemed as /pol/ content despite it's correlation. I mean nigga, I can understand your dislike against shitposters. But half of /pol/'s alleged shitposters are more then likely /s4s/ or /b/ reposting copypasta or just pretending to be retard. Don't want random ass politics? That's fine. Want to completely silence any information, even if it's useful and sometimes crucial for the thread because it comes from someone you don't like? Are you a fucking retard? Know your enemy.
>>
>>31476155

I think the problem is that it is extremely biased coverage, even to people who share SOME of the same biases. It's radically pro-Russian pro-Assad all the time. There's no room for anyone who sympathisizes with any other side other than sometimes the k*rds
>>
>>31476176
>Radically
>Pro-russian and Pro-assad

There's nothing really else to support besides the regime or the kurdish. It's pretty much confirmed on both sides that the opposition is entirely islamist militants, the majority of them not even national to the syrian nation. I don't think it is so radical, at least as of now to support Russia/Syria, the kurds have always had a sense of acceptance so they're out of the quesiton.

There is room mate, contrary to most beliefs there is. The thing about 4chan is that you may feel closed in but that's entirely on YOU. If you like FSA or SDF, or other opposition forces, you've got to prove to other people that they're legitimate. And that's hard. Especially when everyone has a subjective reality. But a lot of people still accomplish supporting their own side because beyond their own opinion, there are clear defintions of who's for and not in these kind of conflicts.

TLDR, support who the fuck you want. Just remember you can't say I like FSA without practically admitting that you prefer an islamic syria, or that you've got a liking for shit like 'nursa or other islamic fighting forces. I'm not saying this negatively. I'm just saying grow some balls and argue your points.
>>
>>31476202
FUCK OFF TO /POL/
U
C
K

O
F
F

Is that really that hard to understand, that we want to talk about the military and strategic angle without that stupid cheerleading.
If you have relevant information, fine post it. If you want to whine about muh innocent assad dinndonuffin there is a certain other board.
>>
File: GET OUT OF HERE STALKER.jpg (311KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER.jpg
311KB, 1920x1080px
>>31476237
>Whine
I literally just conceded basic information, said that it's fine to support opposition forces, as long as you admit to the fact that they're islamist, and that it's also sensible/not radical to support russia and the regime because both the US and RU have confirmed most opposition forces are islamist. Nowhere did I whine. This is what I'm talking about, please get over yoruself.
>>
>>31476202
>choosing sides in a foreign conflict

That's what's retarded m8

Pro-tip: all sides deserve fair and equal coverage
>>
>>31476434
Did I ever disagree?

>Pro-tip: all sides deserve fair and equal coverage
>>
>>31476254
You realise that a large part of "Assad's" forces are, in fact:
- a) foreign fighters
- b) Shia Islamists/jihadists
>>
>>31476447
Yes, but at this point the US's talking point of moderates and freedom is basically fucking gone. It's literally just jihadists and sunnis who want a non-secular state. at least the regime and it's foreign fighters/islamists see assad's rule as a legitimate and secular country.
>>
>>31476660
Secularism isn't some panacea that elevates the regime above anything else.
It is still a good old fashioned police state where you can and will get disappeared for saying the wrong thing out loud in public.
Calling a state dominated by one religious sect secular is also pretty bullshit.
Furthermore. The Islamic Republic of Iran is one of the key players in Syria now. And i have some reservations about their commitment to secularism.
>>
>>31468189
>>31468001

Late to the comment but i must mention that this internet fanboy bickering is literally a console war for grand strat players.
>>
>>31470225

US = glasses guy
Russia = bald guy
>>
>>31477699

Forgot pic
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.