[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else think the PX4 will become more popular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: px4-right-1024x717.jpg (192KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
px4-right-1024x717.jpg
192KB, 1024x717px
Does anyone else think the PX4 will become more popular in the next year or so?
>>
Have any reason why they would? I've not shot one, but have always been curious, I haven't heard enough good about them for me to make the effort to change that.
>>
>>31395568
a e s t e t i c

But really I'd probably buy one in an allow/steel frame. Just don't like the way composite feels
>>
>>31395521
>slide-mounted safety that flips up for "fire"

They were doomed in the American market and will never be that popular.
>>
>>31395586
>>
>>31395606
92's aren't really that popular in the handgun market.
>>
>>31395521

I doubt it, but I'd like it if it were more popular. DA/SA with a decocking safety is the GOAT mechanism for a carry gun
>>
File: 84478.jpg (48KB, 530x508px) Image search: [Google]
84478.jpg
48KB, 530x508px
>>31395568
>Have any reason why they would?

The Compact Carry is soon to be released. Has a bunch of really good features. It's gaining some traction in some ccw communities already thanks to Ernest Langdon and the guy LifeSizedPotato really likes his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAaC5o-9mpw
>>
>>31395625
Why does the gun have grip tape on it in promo photos?
>>
File: PX4-Compact-Carry.jpg (478KB, 1000x561px) Image search: [Google]
PX4-Compact-Carry.jpg
478KB, 1000x561px
>>31395634
It's going to come with ruberized talon grip tapes. It's pretty much a copy of Ernest Langdon's PX4 Compact he uses and he gave Beretta some input to make a carry version similar to what he uses.

Personally, I like the skateboard type grips talon makes more. So I'm going to use that instead when I buy one
>>
>>31395586
Yeah that's why nobody ever bought 92s, cougars or Smith&Wessons right...

Takes all of 20 seconds to master that safety
>>
>>31395521
I have a PX4/CX4 setup in .40S&W. I like it.

>>31395623

My only complaint with it to be honest. I like carrying my guns in Condition One but it's not enough to make me hate the gun.
>>
File: 1443416551116.png (354KB, 725x684px) Image search: [Google]
1443416551116.png
354KB, 725x684px
>>31395614
>>
>>31395625
Doesn't the compact lack the whole rotating barrel gimmick?
>>
>>31396526
Its not a gimmick its a worthwhile feature that reduces muzzle rise.
>>
>>31396533
I didn't say it was bad, I like the Storms
>>
>>31396526
No, the subcompact does.
>>
It is the micro , or what ever they are calling it, that does not have the rotating barrel.

I didn't think the rotating barrel reducing rise thing was true, but shooting 180gn out of a px4 the gun stays on target . It works.
>>
>>31395625
When exactly is the release date, at least month wise? Cause I turn 21 next week and want a px4 storm as my CC gun, but I don't wanna get the px4 compact and have it rendered inferior by the compact carry coming out shortly after.
>>
Way too fat and heavy for me to summer carry, and honestly if I'm going to winter carry it's going to be something better than the PX4.

To be fair though I'm a small guy, so maybe some of the bigger /k/omrades won't have a problem with it.

And I really didn't like the feel of it either. Granted I haven't shot it but I imagine there's nothing unique given it's characteristics.
>>
>>31396539
When you say gimmick, you are implying it is bad.
>>
Not really. They're too bulky and I don't dig the aesthetic.
>>
>>31396206
>>31396513
>nobody else likes my favorite gun
Deal with it, nerd.
>>
>>31395521
>Does anyone else think the PX4 will become more popular in the next year or so?

Doubt it.

Even with the "new" CC model, it will make minimal changes in the market. Your average gun owner is more likely to own one of these:

>1911
>Glock
>M&P
>XD
>92FS

Even though the PX4 is dirt cheap and, IMO, a far better gun than any of the other polymers above it just doesn't have that presence. For some reason when people go under $500 for a pistol they buy shit like Bersa and Taurus and it bewilders me as to why.

TBQH I think if they made a striker fired version (and maybe lowered the bore axis) it'd probably get more popular. I prefer hammer DA/SA all day anyway, but nary a polymer hammer fired gun is popular with the possible exception of the USP.
>>
>>31397619
Or maybe they are right. If you can't figure out how to use the weapon don't carry it, and if you really find it that "horrible" of a design you shouldn't be touching handguns at all.
The DA/SA safety/decocker is the safest type of handgun to carry.
>>
>>31396616
I haven't found a release date yet, it's not even on Beretta's site last i checked.

You can make a stock PX4 exactly like this gun if you want, but it'll probably save you cash if you just buy the CC version outright... but who knows? I haven't seen a price, either.

That does beg the question as to why it's not out yet, and I think the debut was at SHOT earlier this year, too.
>>
>>31397619
Wut. I'd say half of the gun owners on this board have AT LEAST 1 Beretta 92 variant. Some have multiple...
>>
>>31396616
>>31397855
Can't find the post but Beretta said October on their twitter.
>>
>>31399669
Found it.

Beretta needs to step up their game. For them there was a good amount of excitement about this and they haven't really said shit since SHOT and this tweet is the ONLY thing I've seen so far saying anything about a possible release.
>>
>>31400293
Honestly, Beretta cannot into marketing. They're fucking lucky Wilson Combat is a thing along with Ernest Langdon giving a shit about their guns.

Hell, I doubt they even said anything about the APX this year. The only footage of it is a 1 minute video of an Argentinian guy shooting it.
>>
>>31397619
The 92FS was one of the guns that brought 9mm to US police departments and has been popular with civilian competition shooters for decades. In fact, I don't think I've ever visited a gunshop that didn't have some form of the Beretta 92 for sale. You're wrong and should be embarrassed.
>>
>>31400327
>APX
Searching their Twitter again they don't say shit about it until someone asks. Only response from them I saw was on a tweet from last July (yes, 2015) saying they hope to have it by the end of 2015. We know how that went...

Yeah, it's kind of weird how much they DON'T talk about it. I just looked at the videos you mentioned and it's very odd some random Argentinian has some videos of it. Go figure.

I'm not excited about it anyway, it's a Beretta Glock, basically. I don't get the point with it either, they could have just made a striker fired PX4, almost like what H&K did with the P30 and the VP9. The PX4 is a good design, just move the safety to the frame, don't make it stick out so fucking far and make it grippier. Voila. Plus, being striker fired they could probably manage to bring down the bore axis.

Seriously Beretta, WTF.

And no, they can't market themselves out of a paper bag. People love the 92 and the PX4. They have their thumbs up their asses until some renowned guy like Wilson or Langdon comes around and says, "Here's your pistol, only better."

FFS the 92G-SD was loved and they decided to only have it out for a short time until Wilson came around and said gimme.

Just like H&K, I love/hate Beretta.
>>
>>31395614
are you pretending to be retarded or what
>>
>>31400575
>>31400327
Actually check this out...

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=125617

Apparently they shipped 1,000 to Argentina... and nowhere else.

Fucking Beretta, yo.
>>
>>31400344
>>31400575
It eludes me as to why Beretta doesn't make standard M92 G's along with vertec grips
>>
File: wm_6924537.jpg (135KB, 1000x705px) Image search: [Google]
wm_6924537.jpg
135KB, 1000x705px
>>31400836
>It eludes me as to why Beretta doesn't make standard M92 G's along with vertec grips
They DID, but they don't anymore. Pic related: Beretta 92G Vertec. There's a ton of variants that came and went.

But now that's basically going to be a M9A3:

>Vertec grip
>Can go between decocker only to safety/decocker

Plus

>Threaded barrel
>Front strap checkering
>Actual 1913 rail

Between this version and the Wilson Combat 92 I think the 92 line is finally at a good point. Unfortunately the M9A3 is damn near impossible to get, whereas the WC one I've seen a few times in stores around Houston. When I would ask about the M9A3 they said they'd get them every few weeks but they'd literally be gone in an hour... hard to believe for a $1,000+ gun.
>>
>>31400575
Yes, a striker fired Px4 would sell.
>>
>>31397744
I can't find any under $530 in my state. Beretta never put much effort into marketing it in the States and it's hard to even find one now. They're still pushing out 92's left and right, making conceal carry models, and competing with addition DA's for the Army trials. The pistol got overshadowed by the rest of their line-up and the weakening of the hammer fire full size market buried it for most people. They're competing with their own 92s, Sig, HK, and CZ for a share and not drawing new customers in.
>>
>>31400344
Beretta's customer service is terrible for law enforcement which is why a lot of agencies dropped them long ago. Shame
>>
>>31400991
>Hard to find
Maybe for you. Every Cabelas, Bass Pro and Academy I've been to has them, and I can't think of the last LGS that didn't have them either. I've seen used ones go for as low as $400 on average (sometimes less) and never more than $530 at the most.

Cabela's even has a sale right now for FS 9mm PX4s for $360 including a Safariland holster to go with. Kind of wish I could go for it right now...

>>31401737
>Beretta's customer service is terrible for law enforcement which is why a lot of agencies dropped them long ago. Shame
I'd read about that before, it's part of the reason Glock rose to fame in the late 80's, early 90's, among other tactics. Agencies that would have otherwise slammed the door in their face were left with a bad taste in their mouth from other reps acting like they needed them instead. So when Glock was begging and pleading to be looked at it was a welcome change that snowballed.

>>31400924
>Yes, a striker fired Px4 would sell.
Wouldn't it though? Kind of wish I could mock up one...
>>
>>31396526
Saying it reduces recoil can be seen as a gimmick, but really it's just the easiest way to get people to accept an action that differs from what they're accustomed to.
>>
>>31397744
Pretty accurate, and it's really a gun that should have come out waaay sooner. Or they could have actually worked on making the 9000s better.

A P320'd storm would be pretty damn nice if they weren't lazy shits like sig. The fact that the P320 is a good gun upsets me greatly because it could have been a lot better
>>
>>31400575
>92G-SD was loved and they decided to only have it out for a short time

Same with the Elite line, Vertec Gs and steel. They do anniversary editions with with frame safeties but can't be assed to make a standard fucking gun with one.

Also the GOD DAMN CENTURION. The A3 should be a Centurion size gun. Love/Hate is correct
>>
>>31400836
You mean the Vertec G. They did, but apparently Beretta likes being a cock tease. I swear they act like Colt collectors rather than a manufacturer.
>>
>>31395521
No, and stop listening to lucky gunner videos.

Seriously, dude is max-fudd.
>>
>>31402414
A plastic Italian 9mm that looks like a space gun is maximum fudd? Please douse yourself in gasoline
>>
>>31395521
>gay warning on side

probably not
>>
File: EliteL_zps652d9967.jpg~original.jpg (101KB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
EliteL_zps652d9967.jpg~original.jpg
101KB, 1024x744px
>>31402220
>Saying it reduces recoil can be seen as a gimmick, but really it's just the easiest way to get people to accept an action that differs from what they're accustomed to.

That makes no sense, you know that right?

Why get people to "accept an action" in the first place unless there is some inherent benefit to at least one party? No benefit to Beretta: a linkless tilting barrel is one solid part, versus an additional part required on the rotating barrel. The machining as well is more complicated, ergo costing more for them to produce.

So why make it? Because, maybe, just maybe... it actually reduces recoil! Crazy concept, right?

>>31402414
>Seriously, dude is max-fudd.
Maybe he is, but pointing out his video where he runs a relatively new polymer handgun with modern stylings and chambered in 9mm is a pretty poor argument for labeling someone fudd.

>>31402352
>CENTURION
I personally prefer the longer slide/barrel, but that's me. I understand the hybrid and it is another bewildering aspect of Beretta.

It'd be pretty baller if they allowed you to customize a 92 series pistol on their site.

>Full length slide or compact slide?
>Regular slide or Brig slide?

Etc.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut that'll never happen. Best bet would be a place like WC willing to offer a service like that since they have a relationship with the OEM. Something tells me WC wouldn't get into something like that though.

Pic related, what I want. Basically an M9A3 except with a Brig slide.
>>
>>31402414
>Seriously, dude is max-fudd.

Which is why he puts a red dot and a suppressor on a lever action? Fuck outta here you don't know what a fudd is.
>>
>>31403625
>Why get people to "accept an action" in the first place unless there is some inherent benefit to at least one party? No benefit to Beretta: a linkless tilting barrel is one solid part, versus an additional part required on the rotating barrel.

You mean the tilting barrel not present on most of Berettas designs? My cougar sure as hell wasn't a lightweight so aside from finding a similar gun and weighing slides to see if the action helps who fucking knows how far it goes? The grand powers and a few others have rotating barrels and I don't recall them being game changers. Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely anyone but a serious shooter would notice? No, but it's easy to sell. How much of that is weight and the grip?

I like the gun a lot, but being sceptical doesn't hurt anyone so long as they accept new information. Remember how the vector was pushed?
>>
File: 1466173936301.png (232KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466173936301.png
232KB, 640x480px
>PX4 Compact Carry has a ~6-8lb DA trigger pull

I want to see this
>>
>>31395575
so a Cougar?

>>31395586
Five minutes to convert the safety to a decocker. Also, too bad the 92fs failed so bad that Beretta was never able to win a military contract.

>>31396476
Same here. Wish there were better magazine options.
>>
>>31404754
>I don't recall them being game changers.
I would doubt that Beretta would think them as game changers considering rotating barrels in pistols were first present in the Steyr 1912. That's Beretta's thing though; the APX is, to my knowledge, the first full size pistol they've ever made with a tilting barrel. Everything else has either been fixed or use some other mechanism like the 90 series with their P38 type locking block system. I think they prefer an inline barrel because of the accuracy benefits to it and maybe just to be that special snowflake.

>Remember how the vector was pushed?
Yeah, but what the Vector was doing was a new idea, whereas what Beretta's done is utilize ideas that had been around for probably longer than any designer that worked on it had been alive. Beretta touts their actions as being unique among other pistols but they don't rely on it as a single gimmick.

Difference of opinion, I just don't think they're saying it reduces recoil just to say it so people will be comfortable with a system. It's an inherent benefit, one that I'm sorry you can't feel on the gun, but it also offers inherently better accuracy as well.

>>31405715
>I want to see this
Then put a D spring in your PX4 and you'll get the same thing. More impressive is it comes with the match trigger which is like $130.

Again, the PX4CC isn't anything "new", per se, it's just a package with parts that are ALL available to buy right now. It doesn't even have custom work like a WC 92G does, just different parts. Not that it's unimpressive: it'd probably save you money to buy the PX4CC than to modify a stock pistol, and I know I'm looking forward to it and have been wanting a PX4 for a while now and just have to wait for this to drop finally.
>>
File: 1135765338698.jpg (58KB, 450x575px) Image search: [Google]
1135765338698.jpg
58KB, 450x575px
>>31395521
The Bladerunner fans might go for it.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.