[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if instead of a gun registry, we just had cards like a driver's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13

File: 1430187973627.jpg (79KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1430187973627.jpg
79KB, 450x450px
What if instead of a gun registry, we just had cards like a driver's license that stated what classification of guns we could own? Class A through C, going semi-auto rifles to SBRs, with a special Class D for the guys lucky enough to own automatics. Make Concealed Carry separate like how boating licenses are. Grandfather all current owners in with the appropriate license of course. Nothing gets confiscated.
>Shall Not Infringe
Gotta bite the bullet sometime, why not be the one dictating terms? Set them in stone and make them a mess to change too.

Bolt/lever rifles, shotguns, and maybe revolvers require no permit, everything else does. Doing a private trade? Just check if the guy is classified for the type of firearm. Only thing legally required, and if the guy was a nut and goes on a shooting spree, you can tell the Gubm't it was their fault for clearing the guy on his permit. Gut the laws currently established for selling/trading firearms to ease the process.

Getting a Class A is the same as getting an SBR now: send a letter to the ATF about it, they send you a permit card, all is well.
Ramp the requirements up as the classifications go up. Drop in background checks for the highest level or two.

Shoot me down with something other than paranoia or claiming no one will listen and I'll stop spreading this idea. The ball is in your court.
>>
File: 1414985735946.jpg (113KB, 622x455px) Image search: [Google]
1414985735946.jpg
113KB, 622x455px
>>31389641
>Getting a Class A is the same as getting an SBR now

Meant cutting down a rifle now. Not an SBR. Don't bite my head off lads.
>>
File: 1462734966188.jpg (100KB, 383x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462734966188.jpg
100KB, 383x600px
>>31389641
SHALL
>>
>>31389641
How about "shall not be infringed" and go fuck yourself?
>>
Do the words shall not be infringed mean anything to you?

Kill yourself, this is on par with what a canadian would post.
>>
NOT
>>
File: jawman.png (914KB, 612x576px) Image search: [Google]
jawman.png
914KB, 612x576px
>>31389641
BE
>>
File: 1463668716201.png (418KB, 448x486px) Image search: [Google]
1463668716201.png
418KB, 448x486px
>>31389675
>>31389679
>>31389682
>>31389684
>>31389687
Thanks for reading my post lads! Enjoy becoming no-gunz in 20 years.
>>
BE
>>
>>31389641

Or, what if, and just stay with me here, we make some sort of law ensuring the right to own firearms. You know, to ensure that militias and such can be properly armed and ensure the security of a free state, we should make it a right that the common man can own firearms.

We really should put it into some sort of fundamental document outlining the essential laws and rights citizens should have.

We might even call this document the Constitution of the United States or something catchy like that.

Why the FUCK should I give up my rights because MUH FEELINGS and MUH CHILDREN? Fuck off with your license horseshit.
>>
Yep, gotta bite that bullet with more and more states grating constitutional carry + more and more people supporting gun rights.

If we banned all guns other than flintlocks, in 5 years antis would be calling to ban them too, it will never end.

The only terms we get to dictate are how hard we fight for our rights.
>>
>>31389696

Kys eurocuck
>>
>>31389641
I'll be the level headed person here. That idea is stupid. It's a right and regulation is unconstitutional. That being said, if communists like shillary got in power, this would be the least reprehensible thing they could do.
>>
File: Guns, Man.jpg (181KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Guns, Man.jpg
181KB, 1000x800px
>>31389696
>>31389641
>HEY GUYS I SUPPORT UNCONSTITUTIONAL GUN REGISTRIES AND RESTRICTING CITIZENS FROM OWNING CERTAIN GUNS

do you know where you are right now?
>>
>>31389641
Why should there be distinct classes? Why not one license, all arms? On top of that, why not just make a single document that can cover multiple people? Kind of like a part of the constitution that says everyone can mail order a 20mm mini gun to their front door no questions asked? It would say something like "a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep a and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Oh wait, we have that. Get fucked.
>>
>>31389716

If you want to see a red tide overwhelm the Congress and every state legislature then elect Hillary. She could possibly be the best thing to happen to conservative legislative power in history.

If we get Trump we get a Wall and some of that yummy fascism, if we get Hillary we get a super-majority Congress and every sheriff in the country telling her to fuck her executive powers right in their ass.
>>
>Class A through C, going semi-auto rifles to SBRs, with a special Class D for the guys lucky enough to own automatics.
They have a system a bit like this in NZ, and it just means that the only people who own full autos are the same people who own them now, the extremely rich. Absolute dogshit.
>Bolt/lever rifles, shotguns, and maybe revolvers require no permit, everything else does.
Why? This is worse than we have now.
That said, SHALLposters are worthless, it was infringed in 1934. Its like Churchill doing his "we shall fight on the beaches" speech when there are Panzers rolling through London, just masturbation.
>>
File: tied_up.jpg (808KB, 1990x2048px) Image search: [Google]
tied_up.jpg
808KB, 1990x2048px
Infringed
>>
Politics belong on /pol/ leaf.
>>
>>31389757
This level of mental gymnastics shouldn't even be possible. If they didn't do it for obongo, why would they do it for the mummy?
>>
>>31389641
Man Tigerland was a good movie.
>>
>>31389757
>Vote for Hillary if you want to protect gun rights
Wow, CTR is getting subtle.
>>
>>31389641
The main problem people have with any new fun laws is that they're all seen as a stepping stone process toward outright bans. Just as with many things in American politics, there's very little room for anyone to act as a moderate, your either with us or against.
>>
>>31389641
Shall not be infringed, get fucked faggot, op is a cuck, etc etc.

But really you're the fucking enemy if you think that's a good idea.
>>
>>31389797
If they didn't make gay marriage legal with JFK than why would Obama legalize it? It's the old metaphor friend about the frog in the pot. Turn the heat up too fast and the frog jumps out. But slowly, turn up the heat over a long period of time, and the frog will boil alive without ever realizing it.
>>
File: image_11.jpg (111KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
111KB, 500x667px
>>31389641
>mfw Nevada got rid of all gun registration on july of 2015
I feel sorry for commifornia
>>
>>31389641
In addition to providing less oversight than the current system, you're wanting to create a system of licensing based on size and method of action. To make a comparison, under your system I wouldn't require a driver's license to drive a motorcycle but I'd need one to drive a subcompact.
>>
>>31389641
>Gotta bite the bullet sometime
Somebody post the cake image.
>>
>>31389641
Fuck you CTR
Gun control will never end
I will never 'bite the bullet'
Fuck you piece of shit
>>
>>31390087
I know which one you mean, but this is the only /k/-related cake image I could come up with.
>>
File: 7ac.jpg (12KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
7ac.jpg
12KB, 260x194px
>>31389700
>>
>>31389641
How about we license freedom of speech too? You need different licences to read certain things or use certain media. Books under 30 pages are fine for everyone, then it keeps going up. Maybe do the same thing for trials as well. Only certain licensees get a right to a fair trial in criminal court.

Fuck you, retard.
>>
File: ok.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>Gotta bite the bullet sometime, why not be the one dictating terms?

You miswrote that - what you meant was

>we're going to get fucked in the ass anyway, why not pretend to enjoy it?

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is what the POTUS swears by each time they put their hand on the bible. Just because our system is fucked up right now does not mean we bend and bend and bend. It means we fight and regain what we rightfully own, like we have been with carry laws and so forth, we are REGAINING ground.
>>
>>31390160
is he pregnant?
>>
File: 1458199028522.jpg (823KB, 1869x1423px) Image search: [Google]
1458199028522.jpg
823KB, 1869x1423px
>>
>>31389641
>Gotta bite the bullet sometime, why not be the one dictating terms?
not everyone shares your defeatist attitude, and capitulation is the opposite of dictating terms, kid.
>>
>>31389641
Did you forget that part where they asked you to stick your thumb on the scanner when you were at the DMV getting said vehicular license?
>>
There should only be one document necessary to buy any gun you want. Proof of US citizenship.
Bam.
>>
>>31389641
The problem you're forgetting, OP, is that ANY degree of gun ownership is too much for the gun grabbers, and they WILL try and further restrict them.

It's not even paranoia, look at Britain, they won't sell fucking butter knives to anyone under 18.
>>
>>31391204
except rights apply to citizens and non-citizens alike
>>
Daily reminder that you don't need a license to buy, own or operate a car. Or truck or tank or whatever.
Which means that you would only need a license if you wanted to have a gun in public (read as: concealed carry permit)
If you're on private land though? Fuck it. Bring on the full retard thirty millimeters with high explosive shells. Soda can WILL be removed.

But, you know, shall not be infringed or whatever.
>>
>>31391370
Depends on your state, actually. I looked it up once, some states are extremely cucked. Like, in Ohio you can't have have an unregistered car on your property if it has any capability of running, which in turn assures you have to have insurance on it, which in turn requires you to have a license. You could of course hide it, but if a cop sees it you can get charged.

There's a lot of horseshit out there. Our focus shouldn't be on comparing gun ownership to things that aren't constitutionally protected rights, but instead reinforcing the fact that gun ownership is indeed a very special thing worthy of complete protection and use.
>>
>>31389641
What if you climb a wall of dicks, OP?
>>
>>31391294
Rights for noncitizens stop at the border.
>>
>>31391429
No wonder so many astronauts are from Ohio.
>>
File: cake.png (213KB, 750x3200px) Image search: [Google]
cake.png
213KB, 750x3200px
>>31390087
>>
Yeah and also regulate the how much sodium people are legally allowed to purchase in a certain span of time, or the speed limit which they're allowed to drive depending on the license
>>
What if a well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed?
>>
>>31391095
yes

get with the times shitlord
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.