[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do double barrel shotguns work? I know how to use them, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: 220px-ShotgunAction.jpg (17KB, 220x329px) Image search: [Google]
220px-ShotgunAction.jpg
17KB, 220x329px
How do double barrel shotguns work? I know how to use them, but how does the firing pin or hammer cock back when you open and close it? How do the fancy ones eject spent shells? Are over under style guns more complicated?
>>
File: From29SG-US1558158a.jpg (100KB, 560x872px) Image search: [Google]
From29SG-US1558158a.jpg
100KB, 560x872px
>>31388952
>how does the firing pin or hammer cock back when you open and close it?
the barrel pulls the operation as it bends forward during opening action, and cocks it.
>How do the fancy ones eject spent shells?
Ejectors inside the barrel, tied to the opening mechanism, usually with a simple pressure system to detect if the barrel's fired or not.
>Are over under style guns more complicated?
only slightly.
>>
>>31388952
In the style of shotgun from your pic, yes breaking the action open cocks the strikers. The motion of opening the action also pushes out the extractor as seen in your posted pic. That can be spring loaded so it ejects the shells with sufficient force that they go flying back over the shooter's shoulder when the action is opened.

Over/under style double-barreled shotguns are mechanically the same, just adjusted so the bores are centered with the long lines of the shotgun.
>>
>>31389003
Beaten like a rented mule, good post tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 631x935px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 631x935px
Oh cool, a double barrel thread! I just bought this stoeger 12ga coach gun today. I also have a 1915 ranger model.
>>
>>31388952
advice on side by sides
>>
>>31389089
Stoeger is meh tier

Old American made SxS are far superior
>>
why does it matter? why would you spend your money on anything other than an AR-15? it is a far superior weapons platform and the ballistics are A M A Z I N G. Anything else is a toy.
>>
File: 4bore2.jpg (57KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
4bore2.jpg
57KB, 360x480px
4 bore double rifle coming through
>>
File: 4bore.jpg (167KB, 1800x359px) Image search: [Google]
4bore.jpg
167KB, 1800x359px
>>31389647
thats a reeeeaaally big gun.
>>
>>31389089
i got one of those too cuz it was only $350 and i thought it would be good HD for my situation. I had a tiny top floor apartment with only one entry point so i figured it would be easy to swing around in there and just blast in the general direction of the intruders which was always gonna be the front door or bedroom to living room. I have literally never fired it, range near me doesn't allow anything but slugs and I really have no desire to shoot it and clean it so I dont take it out to the good range with me. I wish I would just saved my money and got a 500 cruiser or a saiga before the ban. I also rather wish I had something with ejectors and maybe external hammers. All said its not a piece a shit and overall I dont regret buying it. I've mulled over SBR'ing it or at least making it a luparo since overall it would be a pretty cheap project for a mad max gun. Ive cuddled up with it a few spooky/drunk/niggery nights in the ghetto tho so I am glad to have bought it and it served me well before I got other guns.

Also, I don't know if this is true, isnt this shit made by baikal, then sent to brazil for assembly, then imported by sturm, then sold as stoeger? fucking slut.
>>
>>31389699
oh yeah i also heard that bitch has firing pin and spring issues, might wanna go ahead and replace it if your handy
>>
>>31389699
At least you'll die in style.

Checked.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3166x2989px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3166x2989px
>>31389596
I have a 100 year old American side by side as well. It's just too old to put through its paces though. It's kinda like fucking your great grandma. You just shouldn't do it.
>>
File: bidenthumbsup.jpg (145KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
bidenthumbsup.jpg
145KB, 660x371px
>>
>>31388952

I have an old Savage 430. It's a weird one because pushing the lever to open the action cocks the internal hammers.

Double triggers, too.

I'm happy with it, but sometime in the last 90 years the stock was replaced with the one from a cheaper model 420. It doesn't match the wood on the front at all.
>>
>>31390234
>pushing the lever to open the action cocks the internal hammers
I'm not big into shotguns, but that's weird as hell. Is it hard moving the lever? I imagine it would be a little more stiff going against the springs.
>>
>>31389656
UUUU
>>
>>31390522

It is, compared to a single shot I have.

It's not horrible, but there's some tension for sure.

You can feel the difference if you open it unfired, after using one trigger, and after pulling them both.

Opening the action on it just works the extractor.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.