[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we make this into the next A-10? https://www.youtub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: on my way to steal your bitch.jpg (282KB, 1276x674px) Image search: [Google]
on my way to steal your bitch.jpg
282KB, 1276x674px
How do we make this into the next A-10?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAdCt6qgj9k&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>31382980
Are you Pierre Sprey?
>>
>>31383014
No. If I was I'd be whining about how this plane has too much useless junk in the cockpit that is irrelevant to combat.
>>
Wow, that looks extremely uncomfortable
>>
>>31382980
Impressive. Just add titanium bathtub, that XM556 minigun, and don't forget to move those jets to the back
>>
File: Claustrophobia.jpg (28KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Claustrophobia.jpg
28KB, 500x333px
>>31382980
I am getting Claustrophobic looking at this.

DAMN
>>
>>31382980
>replace pilot with data-link
>add hellfire missile/grenade launchers
>throw dozens of them up and wait until one finds ragheads
>problem solved, nice and cheap
>>
>>31384091
This is a good idea why not have a whole bunch if them all controlled by ai one has thrmal sightis and what not that the comander uses to spot targets and the rest just carry shit like bombs and rockets and boolets the camera drone picks targets while the others shoot

Also it looks small so is probably light and saves space so more shit can be carried
>>
>>31384500
I know it's a good idea I'm currently working on a low cost alternative to current drones.
Supposed to be able to provide constant support and surveillance to ground troops.
Instead of having a big, heavy bird like a predator or CAS that can get shot down, have a small, cheap, semi-autonomous drone that can act as both a communications and support platform. At most it will carry an automatic grenade launcher, to keep costs and weight down while still being able to provide serious firepower.

Instead of having the heavy firepower on aircraft, they would be carried on infantry fighting vehicles and targeted using the drone data.

Cheap and easy to implement, hopefully exponentially more effective than any alternatives.
Like the swarm drone concept this would work wonders against insurgents.
>>
>>31384091
>>31384500
>>31384518
Oh yeah forgot to say, there are already lots of plug and play algorithms to control swarms so that would be super basic to implement, cheapest option would be to just turn the non-control drones into flying bombs, so there is no need to waste money on expensive missiles.
Literally anyone could build a drone and shove it full of explosives using an Internet tutorial, so this would be a great cost-saver for militaries.
>>
>>31384518
>>31384522
you work for DARPA or do you have a business ?

how come your in 4chan?
>>
>replace nose with artillery shell
>palestinian pilot
>>
>>31382980
Stuff them with explosives and put a bunch of them under a GAU-10 armed B-52
>>
Remove any sort of propulsion and launch then from battleships
>>
>Edith fucking Piaf
>song says "I regret nothing"

Strangely fitting.

Anyway
>remove canopy
>pilot gets Glock 18
>>
>>31383285
That's what I said.
>>
File: Sprey n pray.jpg (447KB, 1276x674px) Image search: [Google]
Sprey n pray.jpg
447KB, 1276x674px
>>31382980

You don't.
>>
>>31386526
That's what you said in what post? I was replying to OP's question.

I'm sorry if you replied with the same thing hours after I did, I'll try not to steal your answer before you type it next time.
>>
>>31385335
Neither, I have cousins and friends working as weapon designers. I'm not an engineer, nor am I "directly" involved in the process, but I think up weapons systems and help my cousins come up with and refine proposals before presenting them to the company, as well as assist with the process and testing where I can, as a hobby.

It's difficult becuase over here (South Africa) everything is about the engineers coming up with big high tech moneymakers, but no one is really looking to buy and so a lot of companies just patent, send out feelers and when they see no one cares about buying something expensive and untested, they yank the team off the project and tell them to get to work on something else. Despite buckets of innovation, it's one of the most stagnant industries I've seen.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.