[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just got my first rifle today! Don't know much about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So I just got my first rifle today! Don't know much about the sks rifle but I felt that this one was different than the rest that were there. This one had a lighter stock color than the other ones.
>>
How much did you pay?
>>
yes the ones with lighter colored stock are .50 cal and very powerful they can take your arm CLEAN OFF
>>
File: image.jpg (889KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
889KB, 3264x2448px
The model year is pretty nice from what I read
>>
Looks nice! I'm debating between an SKS and an AK right now, I don't really know much about either of them honestly.

How much was that one?
>>
File: image.jpg (789KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
789KB, 3264x2448px
>>31380320
I paid $234 for it and everything but the magazine has the model number 1812 on it which is ironic cause I bought it in canada
>>
>>31380344
Nice.
Just got, cleaned, and shot my type 56. Fun gun.
>>
>>31380329
Can't say for sure in Canada but if you can get an Ak cheaper than an sks i would go for that. We don't have any Ak's here the closest is the lookalike vz-58 which costs equals to about the equivalent of 6 sks
>>
>>31380363
Yah I'm still missing things to clean it up for now I'm just going to store it and admire it until I get the things needed to wash off the cosmoline
>>
>>31380374
I'm in Texas, so I can probably find pretty cheap versions of either.
>>
File: image.jpg (604KB, 2398x702px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
604KB, 2398x702px
>>31380387
Well, I personally got a 30~ inch plastic tub/container
Filled it with mineral spirits
Wiped off all the globs of cosmoline then bathed all the metal parts
Went to work for 8 hours
Came back and replaced the mineral spirits with boiling hot water to melt off the rest

Didn't have much sun, couldn't do the trash bag sweat out, so i just wrapped the stock in towels and put it in the oven at low enough temps.
>>
>>31380447
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/vepr-7-62x39mm-rifle-16-barrel-detail.html?Itemid=0

get dat
>>
>>31380321
Yes. You'll also want to be certain to pack as much wax into the bolt assembled as you can fit. Stiffer the better. You should almost be able to move the firing pin.
>>
>>31380447
no you can't. Our SKS are usually under $200 Canadian. Thank Clinton for your import taxes
>>
>>31381098
>>31380447
but to answer you question I would say the SKS is in general a better more durable gun. The main advantage of the AK is the detachable larger mag. You can modify an SKS to take 30 round mags, but it's a lot of work and you have to kind of jerry rig it.

The reason SKS are so popular in Canada is because they're so cheap here but in America they are not due to import taxes, so it would almost be worth getting an AK for the detachable mags.
>>
File: cosmoline.png (513KB, 700x455px) Image search: [Google]
cosmoline.png
513KB, 700x455px
that Russian surplus feel
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.