[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wouldn't you put back up sights on a Glock with a red

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_mtw5tqb4cp1qaq58uo1_1280.jpg (2MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtw5tqb4cp1qaq58uo1_1280.jpg
2MB, 1280x1920px
Why wouldn't you put back up sights on a Glock with a red dot? Seems extremely stupid to me, like the owner doesn't know what he's doing.
>>
>>31367504
Well, you realistically are only going to shoot around 25yards, 50 max, so sights are //not// that important in the grand scheme of things, if your dot dies you just get out or you point shoot.

I don't even use dot's and i know this.
>>
who the fuck puts a non serial matching factory threaded barrel on a glock anyway? disgusting
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
The BUIS should be co-witnessed for failure but also for finding the dot faster. As you bring the gun up you're looking for irons first then the red dot. A pistol is unlike a rifle in that your head will not be perfectly behind the dot. Without irons you end up rolling the gun around trying to find the dot and it is much slower. Anyone without irons has no idea what they are doing.
I have not shot an ALG mount, yet. That is one major downside to it, though. I really want to shoot one before buying.
>>
>>31367504
>like the owner doesn't know what he's doing.
Of course he doesn't. He bought a Glock instead of getting an M&P or FNX that is machined for a red dot and has sights tall enough to cowitness.
>>
File: 13657803394_84a587ab6f_b.jpg (340KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
13657803394_84a587ab6f_b.jpg
340KB, 1024x683px
>>31368887

You mean like this?
>>
I don't normally like Glocks, but they look pretty good in two tones.
>>
File: otg-6sec.jpg (55KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
otg-6sec.jpg
55KB, 720x960px
>>31367644
Thats squids Glock, so squid would/.

Also you can use a more rugged red dot where you dont need to worry about it failing.
>>
>>31368951
>having to buy extra parts and get slide machined
>vs having all that out of the box
>>
>>31368887
>using adapter plates instead of direct mounting to the slide
>implying you can't get suppressor height sights for the Glock

Faggot.

>>31368973
>streamlight
>frank proctor
>taran pads
>zev trigger

Poor/Fag confirmed.
>>
>>31368973
>the RMR isnt rugged
is this the hottest new /k/ meme
>>
>>31367504

You can literally hammer nails with an RMR. So no, it's probably ok.
>>
>>31370505
reread what he wrote
>more rugged
which does not imply the rmr is not rugged, just that it is less rugged.
>>
>>31368887

the two highest finishers at Carry Optics Nationals shot a P320 and a Glock

>>31370446

how's TTI pads cheap?
>>
>>31368973
>squids Glock
I cry every time 5 ever
>>
>>31370559
A sad, sad little man who desperately needed to sort out his life priorities
>No, my pantry is literally bereft of food save for some ramen and the only shit in my fridge is a 12 pack of bottled water
>No, my apartment is almost completely unfurnished and I have an air matress for a bed
>But at least I have two SCARs and can shitpost on /k/!
>>
>>31370541
>solution to something thats not a problem
>semantics
>"dont need to worry about it failing"
wew lad
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.