[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plan on buying a ARX100 FDE in the next few weeks. Am I making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: _ARX100-FDE_large.jpg (73KB, 875x264px) Image search: [Google]
_ARX100-FDE_large.jpg
73KB, 875x264px
Plan on buying a ARX100 FDE in the next few weeks. Am I making a mistake?

I don't get the hate. I'm looking for a non AR modern rifle and from just finger fucking it it's lot nicer feeling than the scar.
The ACR was nice but not interested in the shrubmaster version.
The Tavors are cool but not super crazy about the bullpup design.
Gunshop doesn't have a Bren 805.
>>
>>31366230
>it's lot nicer feeling than the scar

Elaborate.

The entire firearm save the bcg and barrel are plastic. You're stuck with the shitty A2 style grip, the tuna hand guard is massive and proprietary. The stock length of pull is extremely short and puts your line of sight way too low for AR height optic mounts. The charging handle is too small and the controls are all stiff and cumbersome. Don't even get me started in those iron sights... or the fact you can't hit the side of a barn from inside one with this rifle.

I don't hate the gun, in fact I really do like it... because I like things that are exotic in a retarded kind of way. But what you see in this gun over the SCAR or even the budget CZ805 alternative I just don't get.
>>
>>31366230
I've held a few and I like the way they feel, very light from what I remember. The irons looked alright but obviously cheap. The only part I dont like is the front end. If it was somehow removable I'd be willing to bet new hand guards would be all over the place after a few years.
>>
>>31366230
The 805 is readily available online. Why not just ship it?
>>
File: beretta-arx100-arx160-10.jpg (75KB, 500x593px) Image search: [Google]
beretta-arx100-arx160-10.jpg
75KB, 500x593px
>>31366379
>The irons looked alright

Someone legitimately thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>31366296
The SCAR the shop had had a rattlely stock. it didn't lock up tight. Felt cheap and like something that would break just from usage. Not a big fan of the charging handle.
The ARX 100 stock was much nicer in that regard. And the ARX 100 charging handle wasn't in the way.

I wouldn't keep the irons and I absolutely hate the irons on the scar. Don't know why FN thought rabbit ears were bad.
>>
>>31366230
If you want it you might as well get it now before it potentially goes the way of the fs2000.

If you really want a bren 805 though, I would imagine they're easy to find online.
>>
File: 1940.png (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1940.png
41KB, 480x360px
Is anyone else seeing the post numbers crossing out when you hover over them??

Only happening in /k/ for me.
>>
>>31366416
I could. I just haven't been able to hold one is what I meant.
>>
>>31366441
Oh shit wtf is that lol? This is my first time seeing that. The ones I saw were just sheet steel flip ups. The stored flipped into the rail for mounting sights. I did see it at a Beretta booth at an event so it might have been some proto-shit that they nixed.
>>
>>31366444
>Felt cheap and like something that would break just from usage

The SCAR stock is much stronger than the ARX. That "rattle" is entirely deceptive when the core of the SCAR stock is a rigid machined aluminum frame. The ARX has no such support and is objectively weaker despite any subjective "feels."

On top of that, the SCAR has a huge aftermarket of stocks available including the ACR and literally every type of AR stock available.

Meanwhile you'll have to wait for someone else to make up for the ARX stock's shortcomings, no pun intended.
>>
>>31366524
The stock rattled. How is that strong? AK stocks have better lock up.

I'd be really surprised if the SCAR stock didn't break after one or a few falls.

It feels cheap and doesn't inspire confidence, Which isn't something I want. Maybe if I saw a video of someone swinging a scar around and smashing the stock a few times. That'd be the only way I'd trust the stock on the scar.
>>
>>31366230

Up to you OP but that thing is fucking ugly.
>>
Someone wants to be a special snowflake.

Save up a little more and buy a GAP10

Impress your friends by shooting Your AR to 1000 no problem
>>
File: 4220083677_fe3f6fe538_b.jpg (139KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
4220083677_fe3f6fe538_b.jpg
139KB, 1024x680px
>>31366585
>muh feels

The ARX stock is a plastic shell with a plastic latch that locks into a plastic detent. It's tight and "feels" secure.

The SCAR stock is a plastic shell wrapped around a solid aluminum piston that locks into an even bigger aluminum housing. It "feels" cheap and rattles.

Guess which one is stronger and passed SOCOM evaluation.
>>
>>31366695

let him waste his money

one felt better, its not worth doing more research than that
>>
>>31366695
Has the ARX160 been tested by any US tests? Other than the Individual Carbine one.

>The SCAR stock is a plastic shell wrapped around a solid aluminum piston that locks into an even bigger aluminum housing.
That is then held with a thin piece of polymer
>>
>>31366230
Every single gun you've named is a pile of shit. Get a MCX or a SCAR if you want to be that much of a snowflake while having a functionnal gun, and stop being a faggot.
>>
>>31366230

Order a Bren 805 online, have it sent to your local Gunshop (since they have an FFL).

Now you have the best rifle on the planet.

Dont take chances with this ARX garbage, ive heard some mighty bad things about it.

and the 805 will feel just as sexy in your hands too.

get the stanag magwell too, then you can put a 40 round pmag in it
>>
>>31367385

>Go and waste your money buying the flawed version that's getting replaced by the 806 already.

No thanks.
>>
>>31366230
>Plan on buying a ARX100
Why
>>
>>31366230
Have fun not hitting anything because of the ridiculous ergos
>>
File: kermer.jpg (5KB, 146x180px) Image search: [Google]
kermer.jpg
5KB, 146x180px
>>31366444

>SCAR
>Felt cheap and like something that would break just from usage
>>
>>31366695
Didn't the SCAR L get rejected at some point?
>>
>>31366230
Looks like a SCAR spent too long at a buffet.
>>
>>31370639
It was rejected/passed over because the SCAR-L wasn't sufficiently better than the M16/M4 to warrant a switch, while there was enough reason to adopt the SCAR-H.

It's like that with pretty much every attempt to replace the M16 in service though, so it's not special in that regard.

Maybe when caseless ammo becomes viable the M16 will be replaced, but i'm betting it'll be retrofitted with new uppers/barrels/etc and kept in service.

The only sure thing i'll bet money on replacing the M16 is an M27 Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle from Westinghouse.
>>
>>31367385
>805
>best rifle on the planet

Man this board has become fucking retardef
>>
>>31372392
No doubt, how many people on this board actually own one? I mean they've only been sold in North America for what like two months?
>>
OP here. Well you kids weren't much help.

Not really sure about the 805 love. Isn't the 806 coming out in a few years? Guess if I worry about that I have to consider the MSBS But in the current political climate I want to pick something up in the next few weeks.
>>
I have a SCAR, ACR, ARX, Tavor, etc. I like all of them. I don't have a problem getting 1moa out of any of them. The ARX and ACR are the smoothest of the bunch. I like the trigger on the ARX a whole lot for a stock trigger.

It's a nice rifle if you already have an AR.
>>
>>31374771
What do you like the best out of the bunch? I already have an AR.
>>
>>31375694
>What do you like the best out of the bunch? I already have an AR.

I'm a big fan of rifles so I have a shit load. The SCAR is significant and feels like a great rifle. There's just something it's missing. The whole soul in the machine thing. It's very much a personal preference thing, and I'd never sell it. It's very much a je ne sais quoi situation. Years ago my first EBR was a SAR1. I took it camping over a long weekend to see what it was made of, to see if I'd even like it. At the end of the trip I was certain THIS was my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine. After 15 years that SAR1 still feels like an extension of my arm despite it being a cheap Romanian rifle.

I took the ACR to a carbine class a few years ago and really fell in love with it. More accurate than me and buttery smooth with frog lube. I didn't clean it more than wiping the carbon and frog lube off the gas port exit for the 2000 rounds I shot in the class and probably another 2000-3000 rounds. It's a big heavy rifle but that weight makes it easier to take longer shots. I wouldn't feel bad about running out the back door with it in an emergency.

I haven't had the ARX very long. It seems to be more accurate than me. It's very light and the large body makes it easy to man handle. It's deceptively easy to swing it around. It would be great for doing house clearing or similar CQB work with a red dot or holo sight. I was popping tannerite with it first shot between 50 and 100 yards a few weekends ago, even with those unique flip up sights.

The Tavor is my current favorite bullpup. I own an AUG, MSAR, FS2000, and a KSG. If the extra spring is removed from the Tavor trigger group it has one of the best stock triggers out of the box. The AUG, MSAR, and FS2000 all need a NEU trigger which cost about $35 on gun broker. I'll eventually get an X95 but I have a feeling the standard B18 is going to still be my favorite.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.