[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You just talked me into getting a 10mm instead of a 357sig.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: DSC_1085.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1085.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
You just talked me into getting a 10mm instead of a 357sig.
Will my new colt delta elite handle these like a champ?
I know a Glock would but a new colt?
>>
>>31363684
Please tell me it's okay to buy these?
>>
Alright well I just got regular ammo and departed.
Thanks for reading.
>>
Delta elite are fragile bitch 10mm, you should have just gotten a 40 and saved your money...
>>
Why didn't OP just ask the guys at his LGS he's obviously inside of like a normal human being? My guys usually know a lot...
>>
From what I've heard Colt fixed the unsupported chambers on the delta elite years ago.
However instead of asking /k/ you need to consult actual knowledgeable people , the manufacturer of the ammo, or colt themselves.
Also look into the replacement cycle for delta elite Springs irrc it's like every 1000 rounds.
>>
>>31364741
>Also look into the replacement cycle for delta elite Springs irrc it's like every 1000 rounds.

meme gun for fudds
>>
>>31364707
Meh, I've always wanted a Delta Elite. It's a neat looking gun and my Uncle had one before he passed. I think his wife still has it but we're not close. My uncle was cool though, was a GS 15 at the Pentagon. I didn't get to spend any time with him hardly he used to tell us he did work with assigning social security numbers or something LOL.

Anyway, it's a difference as so:

Buffalo bore 180gr, 1350fps, 728 ft lbs
Hornady, 180gr, 1180fps, 556 ft lbs

If I had just gotten a .45acp, it'd be more like 450 ft lbs.

Point is, even with the watered down ammo, I'm getting 100 ft lbs more than 45.
>>
>>31364765
It's no different than man commander style 1911s.
If you want a reliable beater get a g20 but understand their are other reasons people buy guns.
>>
>>31364719
>Why didn't OP just ask the guys at his LGS
He didn't know. It was Cabela's. I didn't buy the gun there but that is the only local place with Buffalo Bore.

>>31364741
>From what I've heard Colt fixed the unsupported chambers on the delta elite years ago.
It's still not supported very well IMO.
>However instead of asking /k/ you need to consult actual knowledgeable people , the manufacturer of the ammo, or colt themselves.
I called Colt actually, they're closed today.
>Also look into the replacement cycle for delta elite Springs irrc it's like every 1000 rounds.
Well that sucks but the gun is going to be a safe queen and camping gun.

>>31364765
KYS
>>
>>31364810
The manual *should* tell you what range of bullets and pressures are safe to shoot.
>>
>>31364806
>It's no different than man commander style 1911s.

exactly, and the 10mm has twice the energy a 45acp has and more. so do the math.
>>
>>31364741
>Springs irrc it's like every 1000 rounds
MYSIDES.jpg
>>
>>31363684
He should've gotten 357 sig. what the fuck was he thinking?
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1721x969px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1721x969px
>>31364871
>pic related

>>31365016
Even if that were true, all springs wear out and replacement springs for this gun are less than $8.

>>31365019
Night /k/ talked me out of it.
>>
This is going to trigger the /k/, but what is the point of a 10mm? Just regular innawoods backup? It's too big and snappy in most guns for defensive carry and I'm not so sure I'd trust it for brown bears and even more dangerous game.
>>
>>31367023
>It's too big and snappy in most guns for defensive carry
I shoot it as well as I can shoot anything which is pretty damn good. So once you put all the rounds through a single hole at the range, why not go bigger? Well, the reason are the trade offs with size and weight of the gun, smaller and lighter being more comfortable and then there is cost of ammo and capacity of gun. So there may be trade off but don't project your inability to shoot onto others.

>I'm not so sure I'd trust it for brown bears and even more dangerous game.
Hell no! It's sufficient for black bear and you don't really need a gun for black bear because they'll generally leave you alone. What 10mm does do is have enough power to get through the bear's skull or sternum and into it's organs. That's as much as you can ask from a handgun but no, it would not be something to "trust" for brown bear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSq96T-UrJ0
>Does alright on hogs though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kptr5OOLOHk
>Does alright through barriers too (you won't see that kind of performance from 9mm)

So, 10mm does have some merit that's all. I like it for camping and also for road trips because of barriers and possible larger animals. I EDC a single stack 9mm though.
>>
File: 1.jpg (40KB, 300x234px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
40KB, 300x234px
>>31367183
>Don't project your inability to shoot onto others

I shoot 44 mag just fine, but that doesn't mean it's going to be my cc piece. I bet you even the highest caliber (pun intended) shooters like Miculek or Leatham shoot 9mm or .45 better than a 10mm. It's physics and at the end of the day you have decide if the trade-off between a bit of extra energy in a pistol cartridge is worth the extra snap or time off target.
>>
>>31367329
There is no perceptible added time off target is what I'm saying. I don't understand people saying this except in nubs with poor grip.
https://youtu.be/pAW3dlTMv6g
>>
>>31367329
And to actually answer the question rather than argue, for me, 44 is too heavy and bulky to tote around but if brown bear were a real threat, I probably would.

I had a 629 that was a joy to shoot but I couldn't find a comfy way to CC it.
>>
>>31367467
Miculek can shoot anything well, but physics are physics and cartridges with more recoil will often yield slower results even in good shooters. Actually compare your splits between cartridges, you may be surprised. You can pretend that you're the only one who is a competent shooter, but even the best competition shooters and operators would probably never even consider the 10mm for a defensive application and there's good reason for it.
>>
>>31364719
>Why didn't OP just ask the guys at his LGS

What makes you think they know anymore then you do?

It's not like they've got a college degree in gunz and go out and do ballistic testing and such, they're just sitting around reading Guns & Whammo like everybody else.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.