[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite part of WW2, and why? Mine is probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 14

File: Battle_of_britain_air_observer.jpg (1MB, 2910x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_britain_air_observer.jpg
1MB, 2910x2160px
What is your favorite part of WW2, and why?

Mine is probably that awkward period post-dunkirk and before the opening of Barbarossa, when Britain was literally like "come at me bros, I've got a million pensioners and half a million expedient weapons made literally from tea kettles and random bits we found in our backyards"
>>
I love firebombings.

There's something warm and fuzzy about deliberately burning down a huge amount of buildings all at once.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3508x2264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3508x2264px
>>31355797
Warsaw Uprising cause

>muh defiance
>muh bravery
>muh fighting against stacked odds
>muh martyrs
>muh betrayed by the west
>muh fight like hell even though poor equiped and heavily out numbered
>muh kill a German and use his equipment
>muh every photo has insurgents identified, has a date and every date in general is documented
>muh """untermensch"""" teenage partisans going toe to toe with 2 SS divisions with reinforcements for 2 months
>captured Panthers being operated against Germans
>>
File: Wop goes the weasel.jpg (78KB, 736x480px) Image search: [Google]
Wop goes the weasel.jpg
78KB, 736x480px
>>31355797
>Any Italian offensive
>Ever
Because you can't spell 'slaughter' without 'laughter'.
>>
>>31356020
help that never came
>>
>>31356085
Calling Warsaw, city at war...
>>
>>31356098
>>31356085

>plebaton
>>
File: k in a nutshell.jpg (88KB, 625x434px) Image search: [Google]
k in a nutshell.jpg
88KB, 625x434px
>>31356122
>>
>>31355823
Slow down there, Curtis
>>
File: 800px-Firebombing_of_Tokyo.jpg (138KB, 800x744px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Firebombing_of_Tokyo.jpg
138KB, 800x744px
>>31356145
>wait until the weather is nice and dry, with low humidity
>first wave drops general purpose bombs to blow open buildings with a couple of block busters to sever water mains and lower the cities water pressure
>second wave drops clusters of WP bomblets, that fall in through the holes in the buildings and start thousands of little fires
>third wave drops mines, to kill firefighters as they try and put out the fires
>if you do it right, all the thousands of fires from step 2 will merge into one huge fire that creates its own weather system
>firestorms are essentially impossible to put out, and the end result looks like god put out a giant cigarette on several square miles of city

How can you not love that.
>>
>>31355823
kek
>>
>>31356182
I'll give him one thing, he certainly did things right when he was told to do them. No half measures. No hands tied behind the back. Just absolutely crushing the enemy supplies and morale.

He was a damn good dog of war.
>>
>>31356020

Betrayed more by the East. The West at least TRIED to get in and help, until Stalin denied them access to airfields.

West coulda done a lot more, especially on the diplomatic front to endorse the Uprising (that took far too long to emerge) but the Russians were the real betraying factor in that tragic event.
>>
>>31356360
Thing is there was absolutely no point to the "uprising." It was just a bunch of poleniggers trying to steal Soviet's thunder a few days ahead of the expected Soviet takeover of Warsaw.
>>
>>31355797
Amphibious landings. Crazy amounts of work into one objective. Intel, engineering, meteorology, counterintel. Just beautiful.
>>
>>31356225
That and it's impossible to do precision bombing with 1940s technology and not come up against unacceptable loss rates.
>>
>>31356383

I still think it's amazing that WW2 bombing was such an imprecise science that the 8th Air force accidentally bombed towns in Switzerland, more than once.

That an radar bombing.
>>
>>31356373

The edge. It burns.
>>
>>31355797
to be fair, the heavy equipment losses were fairly rapidly replaced, by around mid july the UK was fairly well covered with lines of interlinked strongpoints and pill boxes, and had gone from being difficult to invade, but relatively easy once a beach head was established to the dying ground of the wehrmacht should they ever be foolish enough to land.

but favourite part is probably operation compass, envisioned as a probing attack/raid on the italian positions it ended up destroying an entire army 36000 men took 133k prisoners and captured 100s of tanks and even more guns.
>>
>>31356425
Muricans got lost a lot, in the Pacific also And I'm murican, and know this. It was especially hilarious when britbongs or aussies were there to tell them "ayyyy lmao, yank..."
>>
>>31355797

I've always liked the more obscure or minor parts of history; so I've always been particularly fascinated by campaigns in places like the Aleutians, the entire CBI theater, the arctic fighting up in Finland, etc.
>>
>>31356425

Well, you try hitting an ant with a grain of sugar while running at full speed past him. See how ya do.
>>
Pacific campaign, easily.

though the Africa Campaign was interesting too.
>>
File: Untitled.png (153KB, 315x820px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
153KB, 315x820px
>>31355797
Britian BTFO
>>
>>31356020
Mate, I mean the Warsaw uprising was an impressive commie feat and all.
But that is not what Untermensch means.
Nobody is an "untermensch" because of genetics. The term comes from Nietzsche, it refers to the morale of man. The Untermensch is a leech, draws from the power and knowledge of those above him to guide. The Ubermensch leads, fully aware of the parasites suckling away on his precious bodily fluids, but content with it, knowing that he alone can attempt to raise these lowly masses into higher orbit.
Idk who told you that, but disregard all their information. In Nietzche's Vorbei gut und Bose a better explanation is given.
I hope you don't believe in the holocaust as well?
>>
>>31355797
None of it. It was a unending bloodbath for the soldiers and citizenry alike. The factors in play keeping people and their lives in relative value was tossed aside to only once again show the brutal reality just that dwells below the surface within each of us and the human condition/Thread
>>
>>31356841
You can't /thread your own post faggot.

Also, Rzhev
>>
>>31356725
>he can't even spell "untermensch" properly, yet is convinced everyone else believes him to be some sort of authority
>>
>>31356841
>It was a unending bloodbath

Actually, WW2 ended.
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 1020x888px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 1020x888px
>French resistance
>>
>>31356711

>Outnumber your opponent 5 to 1
>Still only hold it for 6 months

Not exactly something to be pleased about.
>>
File: you_fakin_wot.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
you_fakin_wot.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>31356122

How dare they like something that you don't.
>>
>>31356884
Idk what you are talking about.
I am not trying to ascertain any kind of position of authority either,
You seem dumb and uninformed, only willing and capable of detracting from others. A true Untermensch.
>>
>>31356098
voices from underground
>>
>>31357070
>he's still replying, ten hours later, despite being completely ignored by the people he is desperately, breathlessly seeking attention from
>>
File: based britain.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
based britain.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>31355823
Bomber Harris is that you
>>
File: 1463627907905.jpg (57KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1463627907905.jpg
57KB, 498x498px
>>31355823
>>
File: weather in Hiroshima.jpg (35KB, 485x435px) Image search: [Google]
weather in Hiroshima.jpg
35KB, 485x435px
>>31355797
the nips getting BTFO
>>
Anglo Prisoners in Japanese POW camps
>>
>>31356659
Grains of sugar don't explode tho...
>>
>>31359670
>Grains of sugar don't explode

Ants aren't cities.

Check

Mate
>>
Its has to be Eastern front 1944-45 for sure
Everyone gets a hard on about a hypothetical East vs West war but always overlook the fact it actually happened, because no one wants to vouch for the Nazi's. The first hand accounts are more insane then any of the other ww2 stories you'll read, vastly outnumbered German divisions fighting inch for inch through eastern European cities and forests its crazy stuff, no other war has or will match the carnage of the Eastern campaign.
>>
>>31359735
But antshave colonies!
Yahtzee.
>>
File: pic8.jpg (75KB, 409x499px) Image search: [Google]
pic8.jpg
75KB, 409x499px
>>31355797
The CBI hump.

I work in aviation, more specifically, I'm currently the director of maintenance on a C-47. And have a special attachment to C-47 history.
I've met quite a few ww2 pilots, and the stories they had to tell were just absolutely astonishing.

The most impressive flying in history, was flying over the Himalayan mountains and into China, with C-47s and C-46s, in icing conditions, in full IFR with old 1942 nav equipment, with no chance of survival after bailing out, and with jap fighters trying to kill you. All this while fighting dysentery, starvation, and malaria.

They were truly the greatest generation.

>>31359752
Some of the most amazing infantry memoirs I have read, were about the eastern front from the German's view.
>>
>>31359609

If this were the Korean War of Anglo prisoners in Korean POW camps, this would be hilarious. Max Hastings' book about the Korean War and the British prisoners is just great. The pranks they pulled on the Norks are stuff of legend.

One of them was months of the British prisoners "organising" some sort of escape plan. Lots of trying to sneakily acquire shovels (even though they were fully permitted them) and sneaking out during hours in which they were allowed to be out into places that they were allowed to go anyway. They started to dig any time the Korean's weren't watching.

Eventually the Norks got frustrated and started digging up the hole the Brits had dug, only to find a note 10 feet down that simply said "Mind your own business."
>>
>>31356425
they bombed sweden thinking they were in germany as well

The training was a lot shorter back then, while requiring a greater amount of skill (less tech to rely on)
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.