[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I'm not familiar at all with this board and hope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20160916_171311.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160916_171311.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
Hey /k/,
I'm not familiar at all with this board and hope you can help me.

I'm french and just today my old grandmother told me about a gun that her father would've picked in WW1. since i know nothing about guns and google didn't help, i was wondering what is this ? Havent seen any brand or serial number on it either ...

Thanks a lot !
>>
File: shits on fire yo.jpg (35KB, 400x370px) Image search: [Google]
shits on fire yo.jpg
35KB, 400x370px
>>31351424
dat gat is loaded, yo
>>
>>31351457
Yeah i know she told me it was some point blank ammo but i don't know ...
Like i said i don't know anything about guns
>>
bulldog type revolver, popular in europe in early 20th, probably a small shop or lone smith
>>
Looks like it could be a velo dog revolver. Very neat!

http://www.guns.com/2012/10/11/velo-dog-revolver/
>>
>>31351424
umm the gun's loaded

you should probably unload it
>>
How does it fire?
>>
>>31351582
Trigger unfolds from the front.
>>
>>31351544
>>31351557
Thanks a lot, does it have any value beside memory iyo ?
>>
Where's the trigger?
>>
>>31351599
That little thing in the front unfolds and is a trigger
>>31351564
I wouldn't even know how to unload it ...
>>
Flip it over and take a picture of the other side. Maybe I could tell you how to unload it if I could see it. It really would be a good idea to unload it, for safety reasons, and you could also see what it's chambered in.
>>
>>31351611
I'll take a guess, because I like to wing it and get myself into a jam that I have to then get myself out of. If you're game to get into trouble, hit that protruding 'button' under the barrel on the right side.
See what happens.
>>
Belgian folding trigger hammerless pocket revolver.

Many models were made. More info probably only available if you can find a stamp on it.

The grip style, flat base not rounded, is less common.
>>
File: memes.png (248KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
248KB, 640x480px
>>31351685
No fun
>>
>>31351598
Value is probably low. You see the Belgians like this one at auction for under $200 in the US. If you're in France, who knows...any firearm is a lot more expensive than in the US.
>>
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/9663435

I think I found it, OP.

It's a Velo dog .22 hammerless

We must see more pics
>>
>>31351673
Sorry i only took a picture before i left, i can't show you more.
>>31351679
No thanks i know that button is the bottom of the trigger when folded
>>31351685
Ok thanks dude, ill try to find some info next time i see her
>>
>>31351598
not really, functional ones are like 200 to 250 on average and given the condition of this (real shame) you are looking at probably 100 or less USD
>>
>>31351598
It's worth what it's worth to you. Your fallen ancestor picked that up during one of the biggest wars in all of history. Cherish it and his memory.
>>
>>31351790
Yeah thought so, i'll keep it as a souvenir
>>
>>31351810
Exactly what i thought when i saw it. It felt intimidating holding it even for a minute. Thanks
>>
>>31351752

Probably not a Velo dog, but similar.

This is almost the identical model, but with hammer:

https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/22266277
>>
Op. Listen now, unload it, clean and inspect the cilinder and barrel. Inspect ammo. Then load it back and hide it well.
>>
File: 444.gif (3MB, 636x347px) Image search: [Google]
444.gif
3MB, 636x347px
>>31351424
I'll tell you what i am.

Fucking jelly. Folding triggers are too damn aesthetic.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.