[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you trade a late-70's Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: colt[1].jpg (1MB, 1272x954px) Image search: [Google]
colt[1].jpg
1MB, 1272x954px
Would you trade a late-70's Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP for a Colt 6920? I like the 6920, but the handgun has been doing nothing but rising in value over the years.
>>
Nope.
>>
>>31349370
is it a heirloom?

just pay the money for a 6920 they're still reasonable 3 months from elections.
>>
>>31349441
I wouldn't say it's an "heirloom;" more like something a bit older I picked up a few years ago and which seems to be rising in value as time goes on.
>>
The colt will hold value. The AR won't.
>>
>>31349441
1.5 months...
>>
>>31349370
Fuck no.
>>
>>31350587

they're both colts, fucking mo-ron

I'd trade a Combat Commander for a 6920. The AR is more practical and the handgun only retains value if you have the original box and paperwork and have never shot it. Otherwise it will cap out.
>>
Guns are not investments. If you want to make money sell it and invest it in a MF. Personally I'd rather have an AR-15 than a 1911 as the former is vastly superior for personal protection. YMMV

>Inb4 someone who's shit at math brings up the Python.
>>
Op, make the trade. Saying no to the trade is only valid if you value it as a collection piece. With electronic coming up and the odds of another awb coming, get the 6920. Just do it. I'm not worried about all the revolvers and other low cap pistols I want cause their going to be around. A lot of our evil black rifles won't.
>>
>>31349370
Absolutely fucking not.

The Combat Commander is one of the safest investments out of Colt's semi auto handguns. It has a projection to keep rising and rising.

The collector market is much worse on long guns - they're harder to display and harder to appreciate. You would end up losing over time.
>>
>>31351527
>Guns are not investments
So that's why there are multiple websites and forums dedicated to investment firearms?

Last I checked, my Uncle Eric is up about $50,000 in value from milsurp/Colt's/s&w's and NFA shit he has lying around...
>>
>>31349370
Don't do it. There is a very real possibility that Colt will go out of business in the next few years, and everyone will start snapping up every pony they can get their hands on before they reach python prices.
>>
>>31351985
>$50,000
That's nice.
>>
>>31349370
nah
>>
>>31349370
Nope, save your shekles and buy one down the road (if you really want one).
>>
File: physicalautism.jpg (22KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
physicalautism.jpg
22KB, 277x296px
>>31351499
>comparing Colt Model 70 to a dime a dozen AR with the Colt Logo on it

Does it hurt being that retarded?
>>
>>31349370
No nigga what the fuck ks wtong woth you. Buy an oem1 6920 and justfurnish it to your taste tada. Hold on to that 1911 and you turn it into a heirloom.
>>
if you like that 1911 dont do it it will be hard to find a duplicate replacement later
if you give zero fucks about it convert it into money/another gun you actually want
>>
>>31349370
>Sentimental attachment to objects
KEK! When will this meme end?

6920 is the obvious choice.
>>
>>31349370
If you're going to give into panic buying, at least be smart about it. The only reason anyone would consider a 6920 these days is because of the Colt roll mark. Just find a Colt lower online and buy that instead. If a new AWB is put into effect, you'll now have two guns that carry a premium. If there is no new AWB, you wouldn't have sold a gun that would only appreciates over time for a rifle that is ubiquitous and not under legislative threat.
>>
>>31349370
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LE6920-OEM1

It's not a good trade.

If you are worried about bans or lack of availability due to panic about potential bans, just get a card with a 0% intro rate and charge it. They aren't terribly expensive rifles.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.