[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck it, I'm ready to start digging. What's the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

Fuck it, I'm ready to start digging.

What's the best way for me to survive the following;

An artillery barrage

A bunker buster bomb

A 1 megaton nuke

Looking to build a bunker that can withstand all three, bunker thread?

Thanks
>>
>>31348986
Live far away from major cities, military bases, and suspected silo locations. You don't have the funding, expertise, or materials to build something like that and will most likely kill yourself trying.

Or fuck it grab a shovel and go for it
>>
File: 41545496_bunker_buster_416.gif (17KB, 416x275px) Image search: [Google]
41545496_bunker_buster_416.gif
17KB, 416x275px
Dig very, very deep.

A granite rock layer could probably help quite a bit. Failing that, steel-reinforced plates with thick dirt layers in between, all above the main bunker which should be all made out of that stuff.

Stainless steel withstands heat very well, so you can maybe sandwich such plates there as extra measurement.
>>
>>31348986
>that grass

plant overgrowth apocalypse? giant ants? honey i shrunk the kids on a global scale?

what if aliens had a shrink ray and zapped all humans on earth and this is how we had to survive
>>
>>31348986
The entrance tunnel needs lost of twists and turns to disperse the explosion.
>>
>>31349049
Nah, just a manlet bunker.
>>
>>31348986
Short awnser? You can't. Unless you have a shit load of money that you absolutely have to waste for some reason. Also what the fuck are you doing where anyone would bother wasting that much resources trying to kill you? Kim Jong UN is that you?
>>
>>31348986

I recommend you play Fallout: Shelter. Its on most mobile operating systems, but to answer your question, my guess would be

>be in an underground bunker
>be in an even deeper underground bunker and why the fuck are you such a high-value target anyway.
>be in an even much deeper underground bunker with enough provisions to last for several years and also stock up on drones and shit to scout the aftermath.
>>
>>31348986
you're not important faggot. Nobody's going to waste a multi million dolllar nuke on your faggot ass, not even a conventional bunker buster or artillery

And unless you're filthy rich, you not surviving any of those
>>
>>31348986
against artillery and bunker busters: put your bunker deep inside rock.

against 1Mt nukes: don't pick Cheyenne Mountain as the rock you put your bunker inside of.
>>
>>31349093
Kek
>>
A>>31349106
bunker or fallout shelter from a nuke shouldn't be too expensive or difficult unless you're talking about one being dropped right on top of it, I mean it would be difficult as fuck unless you got a lot of machinery and know how.
I'm not sure about an artillery barrage those things leave some really deep craters I think the best bet for that would to build it offset from some camouflage like a standing building maybe a barn or something smaller like a cuckshed.
>>
>>31349119
>>31349043
>Anon you don't NEED a bunker why the fuck do you have to have one
>imblying
K anon, you will need a shit ton of rebar, concrete mix and 8x8 wood posts

The problem will mainly be the depth. Just think, 3 feet down is a cubic yard of dirt, anywhere from 1 to 1 and 1/2 tons of dirt.
You then have to build something structurally sound enough to last not only through the day to day strain (more if you live in a rainy area). AND THEN YOU PERSONALLY WANT TO WITHSTAND A NUCLEAR BLAST.

>40 keks
if you think you have the equipment needed, which by the time the SHTF you will not have been able to aquire it anyway, but let's say you're balls deep

You will need to first find an area like>>31349043
mentioned, and then you will need in that area that has none of the following: water/gas/electric lines, a mixture of soil types especially nowhere near clay, it needs to be far away from any kind of flood plain or a river basin, and obviously fault lines or any area prone to any kind of geoshifting.
>you must also own the property...unless you have a big swinging dick and disregard the BLM or other government

Once you have your autist lot, you will need the following equipment, unless you want to be still working on it in 20 years.
Back hoe, industrial scale concrete mixer, framing equipment, scaffolding, likely a crane, a dump truck or small bulldozer if you want anything like in your pic related with multiple levels, and probably at least 2-3 other people to help. This is most of the major requirements, as the rest can be copped from a home depot or other landscaping stores.
>i haven't lost you this far

K. To give you a VERY rough outline, basically for the start, build a big fucking hole in the ground. I have no idea if you actually want the thing in pic related, but we'll say you're not dumb enough to think you have ACTUAL STEM skills such as shear force calculations, load bearing vs.tensor force calculations, bracing and engineering trig skill
>>
>>31348986
>A 1 megaton nuke
Be someplace else.
>>
File: foundation.jpg (63KB, 574x475px) Image search: [Google]
foundation.jpg
63KB, 574x475px
>>31351923
Le'ts say you just want to drop a shipping crate in the ground, and not die.
>acquire shipping crate, as well as the materials included previously

>implying you can just learn how to operate any of this equipment

1.) Research the land you have aquired, be sure to study water tables and soil conditions( density, pH, other factors that will affect movement and possible deconstuction of concrete. You will also want to know the frost line for any areas not in the south.
2.) Take that backhoe, and dig your self a fucking hole. Put the dirt on a bigass tarp for later.
2.A) Hopefully by this point you have realized you need to learn much more than you know, but I'm mainly writing this out for the 1% who actually thinks they are going to go through with this, and are dumb enough to think they will live based off some austist's quickmake bunker guide on a scotch-tape amusement emporium)

3.) This is the big step. Pic related is all the other material you will need to get your foundation going. Some steps can be neglected, but that's for later.
Basically, a non shit-tier foundation goes like this: 1.Build your footings. This is essentially the square surrounding the very most inside part of the wall. It should look like a big square with a lot of dirt in it, in the context of your hole. Once you have built the footing, You then need spacers to put the rest of the floor in so you will have room for the walls later. 2. Build your floor. Like pic related you go in order of Gravel, polyethylene, sand, foam, and wire mesh inside of poured concrete. everything above polyethylene is above the footings.
>assuming you won't have any voids or that you'll remember to tamp the stones underneath

4. BUILD WALL. No, just kidding, If by this point you've been able to keep up financially, just go buy some reinforced concrete walls, building them is a huge pain in the ass you would already know how to do if you had gotten them this far. Seriously... go buy them. /2
>>
What the fuck are you doing that you predict the US government will not only throw bunker busters at you, but also decide to nuke you for good measure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UKNajCgpEs
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (22KB, 638x366px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
22KB, 638x366px
>>31352229
5. So now you have a
>foundationally sound
big ass hole in the ground. Assuming it's the shipping container situation and nothing more complicated, you should now put another layer of polyethlyene on the concrete and walls.

(Hopefully in this scenario, the hole you measured has room for the container and an exit/stairwell)

Then put "softbed" for the container, the best stuff for this is retardedly thick insulation, but TBHWYF, just use the dirt from the hole you dug.

6. Put container into hole. Leave room for building of exit/stairwell. Hopefully when you dug the whole, you didn't actually just dig a hole. You can't just dig a hole with a box in it, and then go putting dirt on top of the box. The box generally is not made for this, and will be crushed. You must now brace the top of the box and fill in the sides between the box and the walls of your hole.

7. Fill the walls in(that now have polyethylene between them and the box) with dirt or other filler. Now, a box lies in the ground essentially, no more hole except for the exit area.
8. Using something like 8x8 oak posts, or fucking steel girders if you have the money for it, put like 20 of them perpendicular to the boxes roof, digging slots for them that extend far beyond the reaches of the hole. It should look like pic related, but not retarded. Anchor them with concrete ends, laying the wet concrete for them before you actually lay the girders, so as to not add fucking 3 tons of weight to the tin can you want to live in. Then over this, put thick-ass steel plates, at least like 1 inch thick, and weld them to the girders, FUCKING WELD THEM WELL.

9. Build whatever fucking entrance you want, just make sure it won't fucking cave in.

10. Pour dirt back over shipping container.

>you are too retarded to build anything that could withstand a nuke, but that should get you through the winter
>>
>>31348986
http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p939.htm

if you get hit directly by a moab, bunker buster, or nuke you are going to die no matter how good a shelter you have. but if you build one of these you can survive pretty damn close.

>>31349043
it's much easier than you think.

>>31351488
this. you could build one in a week with sticks and a shovel if you had to.
>>
>>31351923
>>31352229
>>31352418

Fuck, just read>>31352469
http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p939.htm

>tfw when you set up such a nice project, and some pajeet comes in with nice diagrams made by another more autistic nerd
>>
>>31352510
>more autistic nerd
that guy fought nazis, imperial japanese, and vc before it was cool. if anything he's a more autistic hipster.
>>
>>31352946
No I get it, just salty he's clearly better.

OP don't forget to buy everything cash or you'll get a visit from the suits
>>
>>31348986
WE BELONG UNNAGROUND
>>
>>31348986
>What's the best way for me to survive
Be nowhere near a likely target
>>
>>31353046
well it was his job, tons of good, field tested info
http://www.ki4u.com/nwss.pdf

i'm making a kearny fallout meter as we speak.
>>
>>31353089
TO THE WORMS, YOU AND ME
>>
>>31352469
>this. you could build one in a week with sticks and a shovel if you had to.
A week, you gotta be fucking kidding me. Hell no not with shovels you'd need so many fucking men working non stop at digging pulling out dirt is one thing pulling out dirt and rocks and trying to keep people digging, you'd maybe get a trench in a week if you don't want specific dimensions without a boss/manager standing there watching progress constantly. Machinery makes it a lot easier assuming you already had planned it out. I've tried digging ditches for a living before it's going to go so comically bad trying to get people to dig a simple hole with shovels let alone a massive hole. I'd be impressed if they could dig a big enough hole for a pool you see in peoples back yards let alone getting it done to a specific dimensions and setting the concrete and stuff
>>
>>31353468
Depends on your fitness to be honest, I'm not saying you could clear 3 cubic yards quickly, but if you were able to get up and work 12 straight hours for 7 days, honestly you could dig enough to make a decent shelter with

>better hope you don't have shit soil
>>
>>31353526
Yeah you would think you could measure work out that way, tell you what go outside and start digging in your back yard and see how big of a hole you get and keep a measurement of how much you're moving. go out the next day and do it again, keep repeating that for a few days. You might have a nice firepit when you're done and say fuck it. Think about doing it with other people? Oh boy. I don't even want to go into it just baka.
>>
Interested because I could dig a grow room when I move house.... hmmm....
>>
>>31348986
>Looking to build a bunker that can withstand all three, bunker thread?

I grew up at the base of mountains that were tunneld into by miners for hundreds of feet. we used to break in there and play there as kids. lots of dead animals in there too. I guess a cheap way would be to find some abandoned mine like that and go from there.
>>
>>31353593
I'm not even trying to shit you, like if they really did want to build a wall between the U.S. and mexico that would rival something close to what they did in China you'd have people retire before it is finished if you wanted to do it with hand tools and not machinery.
>>
I read a cool PDF from preterhuman.net called "How to Hide Anything" and it showed how to build a small bunker under a patio to hide from the cops. Quite interesting for small scale stuff.
>>
>>31348986
What happened to moleman
>>
>>31353825
I really regret even touching on politics, walls are dumb. They should build a trench extending the ocean to reaches of the desert, not a wall. Assuming anyone could build a big enough river with the ocean flooding in.
>>
>>31353825
Fair enough, albeit a different example by 1 person, me and a friend dug a pit roughly 3 feet deep and 6x5 in an afternoon/evening.

change that to morning to night, and over 7 days, i dunno, that's a lotta room
>>
>>31353990
six feet wide by six feet deep I really have no idea what you're building, why are you leveling out the ground? You're going to end up filling in a lot of that for anything practical.
>>
>>31354037
pretty sure you read it wrong, was only 3 feet deep, 6x5 was the width/length. It was for a hot tub for our neighbor, regardless, it went quickly and easily, and all I'm saying is that moving a good bit of dirt over the course of 84 hours is not that hard
>>
>>31348986
>a 1 megaton nuke

A 1 megaton contact burst will generate 14,500 PSI at over 600 FEET underground(under solid granite)

I suggest that you purchase a large tunnel boring machine and hire a few structural, geological, and mechanical engineers if you want to survive direct nuclear hits.

On the other hand, surviving the effects of fallout or overpressure from air bursts is relatively easy. The bunker in your pic could easily handle these, and also conventional bunker buster bombs, provided you placed burst slabs on top of the bunker.
>>
>>31354103
Hot tub is going to be above ground, if you're just trying to get it layed out for footing something that small shouldn't take more time than you think. If it's just the two of you I'd expect to do some overtime.
>>
>>31352418

Before you read all this bullshit, you should know that shipping containers aren't designed to carry dirt around the walls or on the roof, and if you backfill around/over a shipping container you should expect it to seriously bow or collapse.

Those things are designed to be carefully stacked on their load-bearing points. Those huge flat un-reinforced surfaces will buckle under a few inches of dirt, a quick google search will show them doing just that. If you want to go unnaground, you need reinforced concrete.
>>
File: nw038.jpg (24KB, 579x384px) Image search: [Google]
nw038.jpg
24KB, 579x384px
>>31353468
>Fig. 5.2. Two non-athletic college girls who completed a 4-person Pole-Covered Trench Shelter in 35-1/2 hours, despite tree roots.

read the book. be amazed.
>>
>>31349047
but with nuclear bunker granite dosent absorb shock as good as sand or dirt tough so you get squashed like a bug
>>
>>31354226
>shipping crates aren't designed to carry dirt around the walls or on the roof

Hmm, I wonder why I devoted an entire three points to explaining how to FUCKING AVOID THIS PROBLEM
>>
>>31354707
I wonder how many anons have died trying stuff like you suggest
>>
>>31354707
>not an argument
1. Box cannot hold the weight of 10 tons of dirt, k
2. Build structure right over the top of box that can bear the weight
3. If by some scenario physics stops working, don't be in crate when putting dirt on it

Man it was like fucking magic
>>
>>31354284
>black and white photo
How many years ago was that?
I said trenches were simple didn't I?
>>31354845
Can you please stop being dumb and at least pretend you could fill the box or reinforce them for concrete in a larger structure instead of rebar?
>>
>>31354913
DESU I can't understand what you typed. Fill the box with what, we want to be able to have things inside? Reinforce "them for concrete", instead of rebar? If followed the specifications about 1 inch steel plates and girders, assuming only 3 feet deep and a shipping container 8x20, that's 18 tons of dirt. divide that stress up into 12-20 steel girders, adding strength by the inch thick steel plates, and your're only asking about a ton, though probably less worth of downward force from a fucking steel girder spread over at least half the length of said beam. That was quick dirty math, but it shouldn't be far off. Gonna have to be a little more specific as to why it wouldn't work, but will have to argue autism later, g2g
>>
http://www.utahsheltersystems.com/

Here. Have a look at how falloutshelters are built from corrugated steelpipes. First I have to say that you have to realisticly think your requirements. Shelter denfending from anything is out of question but having a shelter to withstand 1 MT air burst from half a mile away, it is doable. From artillery barrage, foxhole would be enough but timber and pole construction with waterproof membrane and 1,5 m of dirt above would not only be better but also easy to construct.
>>
>>31355063
>DESU I can't understand what you typed.
alright fuck me I do this a lot, sometimes it is incomprehensible other times I might be thinking about trying to do something from a very certain perspective.
I know nothing about reinforcing concrete. A big enough pouring of it I am just guessing. I don't know anything besides making a hole in the ground and even then I'd still pay a geologist to look over a specific spot if it's a really big hole. Along with some architects.
>>
Dig a hole a few feet deeper and wider than your shelter will be. The gamma radiation from nuclear waves is very penetrating. Build a shelter from corrugated steel arch. Arch stronk. Lead flashing will seal any leaks in your entrance, and is also good for radiation protection, so use plenty. Build your entrance flush with the ground. The next step is to fill the rest of the area with concrete, so buy this in bulk. Stagger the pourings, so the bottom of the arch is supported when the liquid concrete is being poured on top. Leave the concrete level below the level of the ground, so it can be covered up with soil again.
The centre of the earth is the limit, so if you can dig it deep enough then it should satisfy all your needs
>>
>>31355496
>the center of the earth is the limit
>not the mantle
wew lad
>>
>>31354845
this was for
>>31354816
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.