[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese missiles, not even once. http://www.janes.com/arti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: C-705_missile_1.jpg (80KB, 1024x538px) Image search: [Google]
C-705_missile_1.jpg
80KB, 1024x538px
Chinese missiles, not even once.

http://www.janes.com/article/63815/indonesian-president-watches-failed-firings-of-chinese-made-c-705-missiles-at-naval-exercise
>>
>According to TNI-AL sources, the first C-705 deployed on Clurit failed to launch upon command, but fired unexpectedly about five minutes later after the ship's crew failed to observe a misfire procedure.

>The missile failed to hit its designated target for the exercise, the recently decommissioned Tisza-class auxiliary support ship, Karimata (960). The second C-705 missile, which was fired from Kujang , failed during mid-flight, and subsequently also failed to hit the same target.

Someone got caned for this.
>>
>>31348260
Yep, I wonder how fucked the Taiwanese sailors who blew up a fishing boat with casualties are.

http://www.janes.com/article/61940/taiwanese-navy-accidentally-fires-supersonic-missile-killing-one-fisherman
>>
>>31348350
The main difference is procedure. Taiwan did not follow correct procedure.

The fiddy cent missiles fail at different stages of firing which points to technical faults.
>>
>>31348191
CHINRA QUAARRITTY
>>
Where are the fiddy cents that usually flood in to defend?
>>
File: sigma 10514.jpg (465KB, 2000x1322px) Image search: [Google]
sigma 10514.jpg
465KB, 2000x1322px
A good thing the SIGMAs they're getting are coming with Exocets.
>>
>>31348594
They're waiting to see if the thread dies early before they step in.
>>
>Janes

Quote a better source than that.
>>
>>31348777

>a better source than janes
>>
>>31348777
Yeah, I find that www.gov.cn is a far more objective source.
>>
File: 1472657817156.jpg (9KB, 215x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472657817156.jpg
9KB, 215x200px
>>31348777

>Jane's
>A bad source

You don't deserve those trips
>>
>>31348777
China, please.
>>
>>31348777
Like pottery, here they come.
>>
>>31348777
>now about those LAUNCH CODES
>>
These were made in 2013, so they cant be that old...
>>
>>31348777
>(you)

>>31349072
Made in china!
>>
File: 1341612201471.jpg (108KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1341612201471.jpg
108KB, 640x480px
>>31348777
Janes is one of the best defense news sources. Period.
>>
>>31349171
>Period.

The average American does not even check up sources or check if it is correct, they just follow what it says because of blind worship. This is why organizations like Jews and Correct the Record thrive.
>>
>>31349171
Don't even bother arguing with Chicoms.

They're a lost cause.
>>
>>31349196
What the hell does that have to do with anything? What makes you think /k/ represents the "average" american in any way?
>>
>>31349196
And RT thrives because there is no other choice for news media.
>>
>>31348350
Well atleast the ROC know their AShM are top ter to hit a craft with such a low RCS.
>>
File: KRI Clurit Crew.jpg (153KB, 870x477px) Image search: [Google]
KRI Clurit Crew.jpg
153KB, 870x477px
Sorry guys for killing the party :-)

The news is Wrong, just One Indonesian Navy ship that shot C-705 Missile "KRI Clurit"

Why there is delay, when C-705 launching?
Because there is Communication problem between KRI Banjarmasin that President Joko Widodo boarded and KRI Clurit that shot C-705 Missile.
The crew in "KRI Clurit" doesn't know, when our President Mr.Joko Widodo starting count down.

Why C-705 Missile miss the target?
Just answer it by yourself.
The Target ship is 50 Kilometers (30 nm) away from "KRI Clurit"
but Radar sensor in "KRI Clurit" is SR-47A with Max range 40 Kilometers.
So ........ We can get the answer :-)

That's why Datalink is so Important in Modern naval warfare.

Confirmed by KRI Clurit crew itself.
>>
Why does Indonesia use the C-705? The C-801/2/2A is available as well, which are missiles that are actually deployed by the PLAN themselves and the Thai Navy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeTYbMty1U
>>
>>31351521
Are you Chinese or Indonesian?

I am a bit skeptical because I follow Chinese naval exercises and it doesn't seem like they have these kinds of problems. I'm also concerned because incidents like this will cause the West to underestimate China, /k/ is perfect proof of this. I don't want sailors in the future to die because some arrogant USN admiral thought Chinese missiles are junk.

I would like to think the missiles are trash, but it's more likely that the Indonesians are incompetent.
>>
>>31351580
Indonesian.

Besides the point, having hardware that breaks or are duds is pretty common everywhere. Having war-plans based on the assumption that the enemy hardware breaks down is pretty much the dumbest thing one can do. Every basic military academy training course will tell you so.
>>
>>31351580
Odds are he is Chinese because he is trying to shift the blame to the crew.
>>
>>31351604
Okay, well thanks for the info.

>>31351612
It's similar to what Russians did for Desert Storm or Israeli wars, and I'm inclined to somewhat agree. The Russians and especially Chinese are far more professional than Arab or SEA navies.
>>
>>31351521
holy shit that's shitty case of miscommunication fuckup.
>>
>>31351521
>litterally a forum post

2 missles missed, one spalshed into the water. Hardly a good show.
>>
Chink made ATGMs have been used to blow up plenty of tanks in Syria, Iraq and Yemen and Iraq is using chink-made UCAV to kill ISIS

It's more about brown skins being incompetent. If tyry can't even put down a fucking forest fire, how could they fared better with sophisticated weapon system?
>>
>>31352515
>chinese
>sophisticated
>>
>>31352515
SACLOS ATGM's are significantly less complex than the AShM in question.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.