[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New netflix film on Irish UN troops during the siege of Jado

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: The-Siege-of-Jadotville.jpg (62KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
The-Siege-of-Jadotville.jpg
62KB, 800x450px
New netflix film on Irish UN troops during the siege of Jadotville. What does /k/ think?

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_JHsiQTTmg
>>
>>31346581

>FALs
>Congo
>Mercs
>Micks getting btfo

Fuck yes.
>>
File: jamie5.jpg (64KB, 511x768px) Image search: [Google]
jamie5.jpg
64KB, 511x768px
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Siege-of-Jadotville-cover.jpg (101KB, 1860x698px) Image search: [Google]
Siege-of-Jadotville-cover.jpg
101KB, 1860x698px
>>
I love this, Netflix spent a whole bunch of money on props for Beasts of No Nation a meh film with one hilarious hip firing RPG scene, namely they bought a fuckton of soviet area african uniform and a boat load of FALs, we are gonna see a bunch of FAL in netflix movies coming up til the investment can be justified
>>
>>31346581
looks bretty gud
>>
>>31346581
This has aesthetic written all over it, I'm gonna cream my pants.
>>
Netflix is so based. I'd sooner give up cable than Netflix.
>>
>>31346581
Noice,
I'll admit, Hadn't heard of the Siege of Jadotville.
I really would like more TV series of Serious tone and nature based around conflicts that are not commonly circulated.
The UN got dropped into some shit SO many times in Africa.
>>
RHODESIA SERIES WHEN
>>
>>31347241
WE'LL PRESERVE THIS LITTLE NATION
>>
This might actually get me to get a Netflix account. Fuck yes.
>>
>>31346771
Beasts of No Nation was solid enough.
>>
>>31346581
Looks like Zulu with FALs. I'm ready to add it to My List.
>>
>>31347241
impossible without making every white person in the movie appear to be a KKK member.
>>
>>31347241
>Netflix go out of their way to pick one of the obscure few conflicts in African history that was white-on-white
>Wanting them to cover Rhodesia, a war whose main antagonists were black and Chinese
Ill pass thanx. It would either be revisionist about the demographics of Zanla/Zanu or try to paint the Rhodesian as monsters.
>>
IRELANDS VIETNAM
>>
>that French merc with the MAT 49
Yes please
>>
>>31346581
I dont get why white mercs fought with niggers against whites? Also why are they wearing Frencg paratrooper berets when they were Belgian mercs?
>>
>>31349365
Why is /k/ has to like everything thats non-mainstream?

Example actual good war movies like
SPR
Fury
=Shit tier on /k/

Where as poorly made, old school B-grade films no one remembers like cross of iron are the original German Stalingrad=awesome as fuark.

MAT-49s are ugly hence why they are never seen. Whats wrong with Americana weaponry?
>>
>>31346585
>>Micks getting btfo
Hun traitor.
>>
>>31349406
Maybe because they're bad films
>>
>>31346771
it was funny seeing the Mobile Infantry armor in power rangers.

Think they even had the mini14 chassis too.
>>
>>31346633
Fuck hes war dog as fuck.
>>
>>31349397
Money, dude. That's the point of being a mercenary.
They were Belgian, French, and Rhodesian mercenaries, all of which hated the UN for fucking up their colonies.
Also Katanga had a way better shot at being a nation than the Congo did at the time, the UN instead decided to support the Congo despite being a collapsing commie shithole.
>>
>>31349415
No theyre not. Theyre sick films with big budgets, huge battle scenes ans aesthetic as fuck looking actors and realism. Fury had Brad Pitt killing germans with an STG-44. Its not as if I believe the Germans were the bad guys in WW2 but alas they are good films about brotherhood, war and sacrifice. Its also good to be able to discus these things at a dinner table with normal people not just on a tongan coconut trading website.
>>
>>31346581
Holy shit MUH DICK
>>
>>31349445
This has been around for over a week, lurk more you cunt.
>>
>>31349406
SPR is a good film in terms of acting, mise en scene and stuff like that, but that doesnt mean its a good /k/ movie. Fury is objectively terrible because it takes itself way too seriously, its soundtrack is so bland it fucking hurts and the tactics employed by the tanks is questionable. also it wants us to believe a 76mm would ricochet off a Tiger I at less than 100 meters just because of the "Tiger tanks had the best armor and couldnt be penetrated anywhere except the rear" meme.
>>
>>31349467
Too much work, not enough /k/. Sorry for being a workaholic. I really don't have time to lurk everyday.
>>
>>31349476
>also it wants us to believe a 76mm would ricochet off a Tiger I at less than 100 meters just because of the "Tiger tanks had the best armor and couldnt be penetrated anywhere except the rear" meme

wew lad.
>>
>>31349476
Only morons with no knowledge of tanks criticise Fury. While it's not immune from criticism where it's needed is much more subtle than generic 'muh 100m penetration'.
>>
>>31349406
Well I actually like the MAT because I'm French.
Wouldn't get one for practical purposes even if I could, it's known to handle poorly. But I like the history attached to it.
>>
>>31346585
>Micks getting btfo

>No Irish soldiers killed
>Over 300 mercs and savages killed with x2 wounded

Yeah okay.
>>
Looks good. But the obviously fake accents are kinda off putting.
It's "shnake" not snake
>>
>>31346771
My cock is primed for a rhodesia/fireforce film.
>>
>>31346771
Yeah, it's amazing what they are doing. I hope they won't stop for a while
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.