[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck are tracers banned in Florida. Also can you not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

File: wm_873741.jpg (26KB, 381x407px) Image search: [Google]
wm_873741.jpg
26KB, 381x407px
Why the fuck are tracers banned in Florida. Also can you not buy m855 in Florida? It says no steel core.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.31.html
>>
because they start fires and don't really have a purpose for civilian use
>>
>>31344223
>designed for use in a handgun as AP
>AKA banned in every state by FEDERAL law

Fuck the rest of those laws though
>>
>>31344250
SHALL
>>
>>31344223
>can you not buy m855 in Florida? It says no steel core.
As a Floridian who owns and has purchased m855 on more than one occasion, I would say no; if it is illegal, they're not enforcing it at all.
>>
>>31344265

second ammendment never says what kind of arms you're allowed to bare, faggot, let alone the kind of ammo you can use.
>>
>>31344288
First amendment never says what type of speech you're allowed to speak, faggot, let alone the kind of words you can use.
>>
File: 1473038171303.jpg (41KB, 688x456px) Image search: [Google]
1473038171303.jpg
41KB, 688x456px
>>31344250
>>
>>31344316

which is exactly why you can sue someone for libel or slander. or why people can be punished for cyberbullying.
>>
>>31344250
>start fires
>in Florida
lol
>>
>>31344288
First amendment doesn't protect any media not distributed on stamped/handwritten paper, or information not transacted through word of mouth, faggot.
>>
>>31344287
this

the only time you'd ever get in trouble is if you are shooting it in public or you start a brush fire

During the dry season, a tracer could legitimately cause a horrendous disaster in your local area, so I can see why the law was conceived. That being said, the ban on some unique shotgun loads is fucking retarded
>>
>>31344223
Tracers are usually banned for wildfire protection and m855 isn't steel core in the eyes of the law a lot of the time.
>>
>Florida man sets house on fire while defending aforementioned abode from Zika alligators.
>>
>>31344288
The right to bear arms means do not fucking try.

But I agree, tracers are literally the opposite of what a cop wants tho :^)
>>
>>31344223
M855 is most likely legal. If you can purchase it commercially, it's likely fine. As for tracers, it kinda sucks but there's a good reason for banning it regionally. It does start fires and, with an irresponsible person, that small fire can turn big pretty quickly. Hell, shoot it at too long of a range or just put your shot over the berm. If the burning component is hot on impact (ie almost always), you can set a fire without ever seeing it.
>>
>>31344401
>The right to bear arms means do not fucking try.

your interpretation of the 2nd amendment is not valid.
>>
>>31344433
SHALL
>>
>>31344473

>if i say it enough times i can win any argument
>>
>>31344487
NOT
>>
>>31344340
Which is why you can be sued or imprisoned for shooting someone
>>
>>31344342
Don't go there. Or the Second Amendment doesn't protect anything not breech loaded.

Technology moves along and so should interpretation of the Constitution.
>>
>>31344507

but there is no right to harm others, what you said made no sense.
>>
>>31344473
>>31344490
niceme.me
>>
>>31344519
>not breech loaded
not muzzle loaded.

[Brain fart]
>>
>>31344288
Fuck off libcuck.
>>
>>31344527
>No right to harm others
The exact same can be said about your past
>>
>>31344609

the problem is that how can you say you have the right to free speech while also making it illegal to say certain things
>>
>>31344519
that's the point I was making.
If we claim timeliness on one part of the constitution, we must claim it on all.

Either you have ageless rights, or you have nothing at all.
>>
Floridian here, I can testify that M855 can be purchased, as I have gone to my local gander mountain and have found a case of Federal Premium M855 green tip for sale. Dragon's breath is banned due to fire risk. Some ranges ban tracers here due to fire risk.
>>
>>31344223
why are tracers banned indeed.....
>>
>>31344288
>second ammendment never says what kind of arms you're allowed to bare
That's because there are no affirmative rights.
Go back to europe you cuck. I bet that you think rights are limited and the supreme court and case law are legitimate and more important than the constitution.
>>
>>31345209
Find a single major fire started by tracers.
>>
>>31345209
What if...
We let fire happens and didn't make flammable buildings?
>>
>>31344288
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

That means all individual arms.
That means all individual munitions.
>>
>>31344340
You're punished because libel hurts someone.
I'm punished if I shoot someone.
>>
>>31345209
Where is this?
>>
In germoney all "hard-core" and tracer rounds are banned because you don't NEED those. 5 years if you get caught.
Also denying that the holocaust happened or doubting the number of 6 million also carries a prison sentence.

I sometimes wish I woke up as a US citizen, even it it was in California. Then at least I could move.
>>
>>31347661
Kek, you 3 percenters are funny. Do you even realize that the 2A only prevents the federal government from placing restrictions on arms? States are, obviously, free to ban whatever they want. A true patriot should take pride in his state, not the federal government.
>>
File: castle-rock-married-to-the-sea.gif (67KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
castle-rock-married-to-the-sea.gif
67KB, 500x491px
>>31349136
Except that's wrong, you dunce. The bill of rights has been incorporated to apply to the states and more. Governments at any level are beholden to abide by them.

Otherwise cops could beat the shit out of anyone because they don't like what they say despite the 1st amendment (that's actually a bit of a joke because the police can do that because we have very lax standards of accountability when it comes to policing). Your antiquated theory would also allow local police to hold you indefinitely with no trial. I mean, if the 6th amendment only applies to the feds...

>>31346978
>>
>>31344519

No. Times do change, and when enough people agree that times have changed enough that the constitution is 'outdated', then the constitution should be updated. Until then, it should be interpreted to the letter.
>>
>>31344250
Florida is moister than your mom's pussy in Somalia, how in the fuck are some tracers gonna start a fire in any normal circumstances?
>>
File: 1463902207689.jpg (1MB, 750x4250px) Image search: [Google]
1463902207689.jpg
1MB, 750x4250px
>>31344250
I could see that for Arizona or Colorado.

But Florida has more rainfall and swaps than crazy people. And Florida has a lot of crazy people.
>>
>>31344341
>>31349497
>dumbshits who have never spent a single day in Florida

I live right by the Everglades and I see fires there all the time. Hell, the range I go to was temporarily closed along with a BBQ restaurant right by it because of the smoke. You're talking out of your ass if you think Florida isn't susceptible to wildfires.

If you REALLY want, you can buy tracers from SGAmmo. iirc, they don't specifically mention FL as one of the prohibited places to order tracers from.
>>
>>31344223
>It says no steel core.
That's funny because I have about 900 rounds of steel core in my closet that I had shipped to my door in a very populated part of FL.

Also, from your own link:
>which has a steel inner core or core of equivalent hardness and a truncated cone and which is designed for use in a handgun as an armor-piercing or metal-piercing bullet.
Handgun
>reading comprehension
>>
>>31346978
What is a brick oven?
Unless of course, you're talking about clearing away all inflammable materials in a 200 yard radius
>>
File: 1474001608569.png (293KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1474001608569.png
293KB, 500x501px
>>31344223
>trusting floridians with fire
>>
>>31344678
>Either you have ageless rights, or you have nothing at all.
I disagree
Our laws are dynamic for this very purpose. Just because it takes forever and a dick to get a law through our legislative branch, let alone the other two, doesn't mean our laws are unchanging or permanent.
>>
>>31351286
>Our laws are dynamic
found the lieberal.
>>
>>31344288
It very explicitly says any and all arms.
Look up the word infringe.

6/10 I guess I took it.
>>
>>31351291
>acknowledging that our laws are not timeless makes me an unthinking idiot
You're closer to a liberal than anyone else in this thread, shit posting without genuine sentiment.
>>
>>31351311
The Constitution is supposed to be timeless, you are the liberal.
>>
>>31351166
Depends where you live, what time of year, etc.
You'd be hard-pressed to start a ground fire with tracers on a cold, wet December morning in the burbs.
Any where in between city outskirts and the "country-side" would be a good place to start. Enough brush, not too much foot traffic, unkempt landscapes.
As with everything, it's relative.
>>
>>31351327
>The Constitution is supposed to be timeless
lol
Prove your claim.
>>
>>31351401
America is a constitutional republic.
>>
>>31351427
We are a Representative Democracy.
Practically a Republic.
This does not prove your point.
>>
>>31351166
Not true lol I tried buying some tracers last night and it said I couldn't then I found out it's banned
>>
>>
>>31349180
3%'ers are actually stupid enough to believe this.

Back to High School Civics class please.

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2011/12/13/you-dont-have-constitutional-rights/
>>
>>31351606
Oh well.
>>
>>31351327
Man wouldn't it be great if the Constitution had framework built in for updating it, maybe say AMENDING it. The Constitution like all laws is meant to be updated. The amendments are tights explicitly called out to be important. They are open to legal interpretation and have been since their inception
>>
>>31344223
>ITT: Anons actively argue against their own rights.
Another reason for /k/ to have flags.
>>
>>31346977
We had fires started all the time by tracers at the shooting ranges out on Fort Sill. If they weren't put of by the FD who were on the ready, they would've gotten bad.
>>
>>31351166
>You're talking out of your ass if you think Florida isn't susceptible to wildfires

Dubs speaks the truth. All that scrub brush is very susceptible to wildfires. Hell, half of the plants we have out there rely on being set on fire to properly germinate and reproduce.

Yeah it rains a lot, but its ALL at once for a short period of time for most of the year, and thanks to Florida being a giant pile of sandstone aquifer covered in sand instead of dirt, any rain that we do have gets sucked back underground or down inna swamp within the week.
>>
>>31351606

You can usually find it at funshows. Especially for older ammo, lots of fudds dont know/remember what the differences between red/orange tips means.
>>
File: angrymerchant.jpg (33KB, 297x365px) Image search: [Google]
angrymerchant.jpg
33KB, 297x365px
>>31344250
Hill shill fuck off
>>
>>31351275
>am Floridian
This man knows what's up.
>>
They shouldn't be banned. People who misuse them should be punished. The deterrent for being a dumbass is pretty severe: potentially millions of dollars in liens, which guarantees you are poor as shit for the rest of you life.
>>
>>31344539
BE
>>
>>31349130
same for me germanbro. we are fucked
>>
>>31356008

>Swamp jacks Bo and Bob decides to fuck around bumpfiring tracers
>Its a windy weekend during the dry season
>Starts a brush fire
>OH SHIT DON WANNA GET IN TRUBBS GTFO
>Fire proceeds to rage for 3 days even with every fucking department in the county responding
>over 60 houses are burnt to ashes
>400 more damaged
>HURF DURF JUST TAKE HIM TO COURT AND MAKE HIM BE IN DEBT
>Meanwhile hundreds of people have lost everything

I dont like it because MUH SHALL NOT, but brushfires can be a big problem in FL, and im not too stupid to figure out how to get tracers while burning down the state anyways. Call me a bootlicker, but things that have no practical use, that pose a very high risk of causing widescale disaster Im okay with there being some limits on instead of having my house burn down.

Maybe just have a "tracer season" that lasts between June and December fuck if I know.
>>
>>31356239
>Bo and Bob couldn't simply light a match to the same end
>Please Mr. Government, remove my rights to protect me!
They would be charged the same no matter how the fire started. Do not punish the law-abiding.
>>
>>31351257
>This
Fire somehow doesn't give a shit about physics.
No, really, it jumps fire breaks, jumps water ways, it is really hard to keep contained out doors.
>>
>>31351166
you can have fires in swamps and it happens in Florida all the time, just like the rest of the SouthEast. Case in point, a meth head burning down the oldest tree in the state.

http://abcnews go com/blogs/headlines/2012/02/woman-admits-to-burning-down-3500-year-old-tree/
>>
So tracers should be banned according to a majority of k
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.