[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>glock confirmed for taurus tier shit >unreliable >most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 29

File: averageglockfag.jpg (32KB, 474x522px) Image search: [Google]
averageglockfag.jpg
32KB, 474x522px
>glock confirmed for taurus tier shit
>unreliable
>most NDs
>actually a liability to have

contd.
Almost immediately after D.C. police adopted the Glock, unintentional discharges increased sharply. The first accident occurred in February 1989 -- less than a month before the guns reached officers on the street. Officer Adam K. Schutz was helping to test and clean the first shipment of guns when he shot himself in the fingers.

Nine months later, the 2-year-old daughter of a D.C. police officer died after accidentally shooting herself in the head with her father's pistol in their Northwest Washington house. By October 1989, the department had experienced 13 unintentional discharges, double the rate of 1988, the last year with revolvers, according to an internal police memo. Then Assistant Chief Max Krupo noted in the memo to the chief that such problems were to be expected in departments switching to semiautomatics. Krupo suggested that increasing the five-pound trigger pressure to eight pounds "would be satisfactory." But after studying the issue, Krupo decided that a five-pound pull was just as safe as an eight-pound one.
>>
File: trustmeihaveaglockbutnocock.jpg (34KB, 482x462px) Image search: [Google]
trustmeihaveaglockbutnocock.jpg
34KB, 482x462px
In the years after the department's 1990 report on Glock accidents, unintentional shootings continued to mount. In October 1990, Officer Edward Wise fired accidentally and grazed a man's head during an undercover drug operation at a Southeast Washington housing complex, according to police and court documents. Wise said he had been struggling with the man, Barry Braxton, who was unarmed. Braxton sued and collected a $55,000 settlement from the District.

In May 1991, an officer accidentally shot Kenneth McSwain,18, in the back when the officer slipped while serving a search warrant in Northeast Washington, court and police documents show. McSwain, who was unarmed and was not charged with any crime, collected a $42,000 settlement.

In August 1991, an officer accidentally shot Stephen Wills in the chest during a drug bust in Southeast Washington, according to court and police documents. Wills, who was unarmed and was not charged with any crime, collected a $40,000 settlement.

Four officers were wounded with their own guns in 1992. Over and over, officers fired unintentional rounds in the locker rooms at their district stations, or at home while cleaning or unloading their guns, according to police reports. Officers are told during training to avoid such accidents by being attentive to the Glock's unique, simplified design.

In March 1993, Officer Lakisha Poge fired a round through her bed while unloading a Glock in her apartment, a police report states. The bullet went through the floor and hit Glowdean Catching in the apartment below. Catching, who was wounded in both legs has a suit pending against the District. Poge, who has left the department, could not be reached for comment.

"I submitted reports through channels and said, 'You have problems with this gun,'" former homicide branch chief William O. Ritchie, who chaired thedepartment's Use of Service Weapon Review Board in 1993, said in an interview. "I talked to the union and said, 'There is a hazard here.'"
>>
File: perfection.jpg (70KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
perfection.jpg
70KB, 640x452px
In January 1994, homicide detective Jeffrey Mayberry shot Officer James Dukes in the stomach at police headquarters. "I hear a loud bang and Dukes is slowly falling to the floor," Detective Joseph Fox, Mayberry's partner, said in a deposition. "Jeff jumps up and says, 'Dukes, I didn't mean to do it, I didn't mean to do it.'"

Four days after Dukes was shot, Officer Juan Martinez Jr. accidentally shot his roommate, Frederick Broomfield, in the groin while awaiting dinner in their apartment, according to police and court records. Martinez was unloading his Glock in his bedroom when Broomfield came in and asked Martinez how he wanted his chicken cooked. The gun abruptly went off.

Broomfield, who nearly bled to death after the bullet pierced an artery in his groin, sued the District and Glock Inc. His attorneys compiled a voluminous case in D.C. Superior Court, marshaling gun experts who gave statements about the alleged dangers of the Glock and the deficiencies of the District's training. In June, the District settled the case by paying Broomfield $797,500. Glock also settled, but a lawyer for Glock declined to disclose the amount. In court papers, Glock denied that its gun was dangerous or defective.

By 1997, the safety issue had turned some members of the D.C. police union against the Glock, according to Robertson, the former union official. Several officials wanted to switch to the Sig Sauer, a more expensive gun with a heavier trigger pull.

Currently many police departments across the US are switching from the Glock too much safer handguns such as the Sig Sauer and the Heckler and Koch citing the rise in accidental discharges. But the Glocks have several other problems that could be classified as safety issues.
>>
File: butmyfingerwasntonthetrigger.jpg (27KB, 640x328px) Image search: [Google]
butmyfingerwasntonthetrigger.jpg
27KB, 640x328px
The gun exhibits a tendency to jam if not properly held; a phenomenon Glock calls “Limp Wristing”. This is somewhat of a common occurrence with the Glock handgun but one, which is rarely if ever seen with other handguns. Most jams occur when a short round is encountered or some internal component fails, but the Glock exhibits this tendency at random and it will vary from shooter to shooter a very uncomfortable dilemma to have if you use your firearm for self-defense or duty.

Another problem with the Glock had to do with its failing chambers when used with high pressure ammunition, ammo carried by most police while on duty and favored by civilians for self defense. This problem has occurred mainly in a .40 caliber version of the Glock, but nonetheless must still be considered in the equation as we evaluate the safety of this handgun.

All in all the Glock handgun has the most documented cases of accidental discharge and safety related failures of any handgun currently in law enforcement use to date. This, Glock admits does not include those accidental discharges by private owners that go unreported and failures of key components. Some weapons designer's summation of the handgun is that it is very dangerous for all shooters, from the highly trained police officerin a tense situation to the ill trained home owner awaken at 3:00AM by the sound of an intruder.

In short the deficiency of a real safety, second-rate quality and the inherent design flaws of the gun make this a poor choice for anyone looking to purchase a handgun.

Glockfags will defend this memegun with

>hurrdurr finger off of teh triggger reeeeeeeeee
>implying Glocks are safe in the hands of trained professionals much less your average gun noob

>glock
>reliable

Pick 1 glockfags
>>
>Currently many police departments across the US are switching from the Glock too much safer handguns such as the Sig Sauer and the Heckler and Koch citing the rise in accidental discharges.

Glock confirmed for shit, glockfags BTFO and on suicide watch DA/SA confirmed GOAT

Strikerfire BTFO
>>
>>31343592
>The gun exhibits a tendency to jam if not properly held; a phenomenon Glock calls “Limp Wristing”.

LMFAO @ GLock gun is so shit that they have to come up with a new kind of Jam to defned their jamomatic piece of crap

Even a revolver beats a glock!
>>
>>31343535
That guy is a good example of Affirmative action in effect. Says how hes a professional shoots him self in the leg
Doesn't get help but does the talk
>>
File: HK-VP9-12.jpg (260KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
HK-VP9-12.jpg
260KB, 1200x800px
>>31343535
I tried to warn you.
>>
None of this is going to stop me from getting a G43 as a carry gun this December. Carry on shitposting though.
>>
>>31343535
>>31343602
>>31343636

you realize we can look at the poster count and see you're samefagging your own thread right
>>
File: 1463616269294.png (140KB, 1077x964px) Image search: [Google]
1463616269294.png
140KB, 1077x964px
>Likely the most popular firearm in america, heck maybe the world
>a dozen examples over 10 years
Ok Anon.
>>
>>31343806
I don't think he was trying to hide that.
>>
File: TCTU.gif (383KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TCTU.gif
383KB, 1280x720px
>>31343535
You get a 7/10 for effort, but a 2/10 for content.

Overall, a 5/10 shitpost if you ask me.
>>
File: lol80.jpg (10KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
lol80.jpg
10KB, 185x185px
It's nice to see the glockfags get griefed like this every once in a while.
They really deserve it for being such cunts, after all.
>>
>>31343735
I thought you died.
>>
File: patmcnamara.jpg (80KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
patmcnamara.jpg
80KB, 618x412px
Hey /k/. Pat McNamara here. I was just lurking and saw this thread and now I'm worried. I mean, gee, I just got the Glock because of all the Perfection marketing, not 'cause I really thought about, you know, using a pistol. What should I do now?
>>
File: howe_tactpistscreencap.jpg (16KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
howe_tactpistscreencap.jpg
16KB, 500x263px
>>31344286

Hey, Pat. It's me, Paul Howe. Me too! What's the cool new gun all the operators are using now?
>>
File: 1aojv2.jpg (93KB, 500x692px) Image search: [Google]
1aojv2.jpg
93KB, 500x692px
>>31344286
>>31344302

Whoa, what's up guys. Ian here. I was blindsided when I found out that Glocks suck and are way overhyped. I mean, that's what I carry.

pic related
>>
File: US 7th SFG and Glock 19s.jpg (388KB, 2896x1944px) Image search: [Google]
US 7th SFG and Glock 19s.jpg
388KB, 2896x1944px
US 7th SFG reporting in.

Aw man.... Glocks suck? Well, we carry Glocks, but it's not like special forces guys can choose their own gear. They just gave us this Glocks one day and told us they were cheap.
>>
>>31344359
US 19th SFG here. Hey 7th. Yeah, we got Glocks now, too. Those fucking grunts get all the nice Berettas, but since we're rear echelon/no real action guys we have to train with those POS Glocks.
>>
>>31343535
I for one am happy Cheif Keef is helping protect our children
>>
>>31343535

From what I see here, there is no problem with the gun itself, it's the user that is the problem.

I been carrying for prob close to 25 yrs now, never needed a safety, even if the gun had one, I didnt use it. Seems like every one today likes to blame every thing else but themselves.

>>31343583 like this holster problem. Not the holster fault for being cheaply made and shit tier, it's your fault for buying a crap holster and using it.
>>
File: US 1st SFOD-D, Glocks.png (3MB, 2187x1020px) Image search: [Google]
US 1st SFOD-D, Glocks.png
3MB, 2187x1020px
>>31344359
>>31344389
What up Brothers?

>>31344286
>>31344302
Hey Pat. Hey Paul. Miss you guys around here, lol.

Same with us. Like, we don't really "operate" or anything, but you'd think they'd give a military unit decent shit. And they NEVER let us procure any non-pogue good gear of our own choosing and preference. Sigs? HKs? 1911's? Berettas? Hahahaha yeah right. We're at the bottom of totem pole when it comes to weapons and equipment. So now we're stuck with Glocks. Since we have no knowledge of, input towards, nor evaluation time for any weapons we carry ever, we had hoped that maybe these Glocks might be just okay. Obviously, their not because the CounterStrike gun gurus and action movie buffs don't get attached to guns that aren't featured in their entirely vicarious combat experience. :(
>>
>pull the trigger
>the gun fires

That's what it's supposed to do.

The incompetence of urban, coastal, unionized police officers is not a flaw in the firearm, it's a flaw in our society.
>>
File: DEVGRU Glock.png (126KB, 172x286px) Image search: [Google]
DEVGRU Glock.png
126KB, 172x286px
>>31344389
SEAL bro here. Yeah they just fucking issued us these shit tier glocks. God i wish we could choose our own gear.
>>
>>31344286
Youre not Pat McNamara. I'm Pat McNamara!
>>
File: travis-haley-adaptive-handgun.jpg (187KB, 600x829px) Image search: [Google]
travis-haley-adaptive-handgun.jpg
187KB, 600x829px
Glocks are Taurus tier now?

Aw FML. Seriously, /k/ -- I've been carrying, competing and training with junk. I feel like a total newb.
>>
>>31344323
What video is this from?
>>
Glosk is of not quality?!?!

Future is not so of Sonny. But I of did not know.
>>
>>31344484
>galco
>shit tier
They are some of the best leather holsters on the market for the price. It's entirely the owners fault for not properly taking care of the leather, and also for choosing the wrong type of hosted for what I assume to be iwb. He would've been much better served with a Kydex type holster as it seems all his sweat loosened up the leather.
>>
Most NDs from police occurred when the department switched from revolvers to semi automatics. The NDs were erroneously blamed on Glock instead of the lack of training.
>>
File: idf glock.jpg (67KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
idf glock.jpg
67KB, 800x500px
Oy vey....IDF before you at your service. Ah, oh. You know -- and I want you to know I am not kvetsching, but, I mean, how is it reasonable that this oversight -- this oversight!, that's the name for this schlock pistol -- the Schlock -- ah-ha-Ha! -- How could an oversite be made of such importance? "Do not buy your pistol from a goy. -- Should that not have been a proverb to remember before, before all THIS? I will have you know that I am about to plotz! This, this INCOMPETENT IDF, you know perhaps next time I should hope to find myself in a real military, a real and competent military not run by schmucks. Ah, it must be true the pistol is gornisht helfn. Why wasn't one of those mavens playing Counter-Strike or watching Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol to help inform the selection process?
>>
>>31344544
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkfpkA7BiSc
>>
>>31343819
>popular means op's good

Wew, lad.

Means it's made for simple morons to use.
>>
>>31344359
>>31344389
Hey guys.

>>31344516
Hey SEALbro

10th SFG checking in. Heard the bad news about how awful Glocks are -- I mean, if a handful of shitty DC beat cops can't even unload a gun to clean it, or not avoid pointing it at their coworkers, or leave it out where their young children can get it, then it's obviously a shitty gun........that we're stuck with too, again, since we can never choose our own gear, never evaluate it, and even if we did wouldn't have the foggiest idea of what makes an ideal pistol.
>>
>>31344516
Whoa I know you dude! Remember how the rest of us had no choice but to carry those .40 cal Glocks that Delta uses? Such a shame we are the most underfunded units and can never choose our own weapons.
>>
File: Massad-f-Ayoob.jpg-3273.jpg (88KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
Massad-f-Ayoob.jpg-3273.jpg
88KB, 200x267px
Massad Ayoob here.

I'd like to start by apologizing to the millions of readers, students, and members of law enforcement who have relied on my many years of expertise in the defensive use firearms. Obviously, thanks to the diligent fanboys of other pistols whose knowledge and experience with really cool action movies and FPS video games supercedes my firearms knowledge and experience in every way, we now know that the Glock is a dangerous, ineffective handgun that fails in commonly encountered environments, like a room full of those fanboys' wrists, for example.
>>
What a rare treat.
Appeal to authority fallacies by both sides.
>>
File: xxx-fbiguns-hdb2198-4_3.jpg (24KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
xxx-fbiguns-hdb2198-4_3.jpg
24KB, 534x401px
Yo dawgs. Eff-Bee-Iiiiiii just chillin'. Yeah we just chose another Glock cuz we don't (:cough:cough:) know sheet and shit man we don't even care. Most Incompetent agency, amiright brah? Guns a gun, dawg. It's all cool. No worries, man. Shit, we probly won't even use them. Shit's fiiiiine. XD
>>
>>31344985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_vu2xEN7kA
>>
>>31344985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub4OswUhLwo
>>
>>31344985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj5Kcs4dzro
>>
>>31344985
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKk6ypNjwym0TN_dfSaxs-pF3DW-fUg1D
>>
File: 1415070810778.jpg (41KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1415070810778.jpg
41KB, 479x720px
>>
File: 1466981827907.jpg (11KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466981827907.jpg
11KB, 209x200px
>>31343535
>People didn't already know the glock is unreliable taurus tier shit
Live under a plastic rock or something?
>>
File: Angie Harmon Glock.jpg (539KB, 3000x2248px) Image search: [Google]
Angie Harmon Glock.jpg
539KB, 3000x2248px
>>
>>31344985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6i3dtytmBA
>>
>>31344985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks2G4Gwom0
>>
File: 1473297331903.jpg (11KB, 295x378px) Image search: [Google]
1473297331903.jpg
11KB, 295x378px
>Nine months later, the 2-year-old daughter of a D.C. police officer died after accidentally shooting herself in the head with her father's pistol in their Northwest Washington house.

alright, what does that have to do with the glock
>>
>>31344985
It's not an appeal to authority when every one of those people or units has repeatedly put many different pistols into adverse conditions and found it to be the best. Sometimes these evaluations have been strictly scientific, like the IDF and FBI service weapon evals.

If I posted a link to an article in a prestigious peer-reviewed academic journal saying Glocks were awesome, you'd say it was an appeal to authority. Sometimes, authority is earned for a reason -- appealing to the ruling of a king or other leader simply because the leader says this or that is where that fallacy applies. Saying all these guys who test and run guns and who have combat experience and who may choose whichever handgun that exceeds all the other handguns is "an appeal to authority" is some serious jew lawyer sophistry.
>>
>>31345085
>>31345099

<3
>>
File: 1472997383965.jpg (66KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
1472997383965.jpg
66KB, 300x287px
>>31343535
>2-year-old daughter of a D.C. police officer died after accidentally shooting herself in the head with her father's pistol
>user negligence = accidental discharge
>>
>>31344568
Leather holsters as a whole are shit tier. If you want to play dress up that's great, but for any practical use they're objectively inferior
>>
File: 1470619595290.gif (4MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
1470619595290.gif
4MB, 700x298px
>>31343573
>an officer accidentally shot Kenneth McSwain,18, in the back when the officer slipped while serving a search warrant

>>31343583
>Four days after Dukes was shot, Officer Juan Martinez Jr. accidentally shot his roommate, Frederick Broomfield, in the groin while awaiting dinner in their apartment, according to police and court records. Martinez was unloading his Glock in his bedroom when Broomfield came in and asked Martinez how he wanted his chicken cooked. The gun abruptly went off.
>>
>>31343636

This is true as hell. Glocks DO FTE badly from weak grip. There is no excuse for it failing to eject.
>>
>>31343573
Why the fuck are people only getting 50K for getting shot in the chest? Man, being black and living in D.C. in the 90's must have been fucking rough.
>>
>>31343819
>>Likely the most popular firearm in america, heck maybe the world
>>a dozen examples over 10 years

>implying this wasn't a look at the RATE of the glock jamming or being the gun used in an ND
>>
>>31344484
>there is no problem with the gun itself
other than reliability
>>
File: give her the dick.jpg (95KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
give her the dick.jpg
95KB, 640x420px
>>31345099
>>31345085
I'd discharge in their chambers, if you know what I mean...
>>
>>31345112
>note to self::never buy used glocks
>>
>>31345849
I'd fail to eject on them, if ya know what I mean.
>>
>>31343535
>>31343573
>Tl;dr: Cops are morons, therefore Glocks are bad.
>>
>>31343535
Most of those have to do with sheer stupidity, as opposed to bad design.
>>
>>31343535
>Almost immediately after D.C. police adopted the Glock, unintentional discharges increased sharply
That's because cops are REALLY fucking dumb and can't keep their fingers off their triggers.
>>
>>31343535
DC also had big hiring push for officers which resulted in lowered standards!! -- DCfag here
>>
Seriously?

>>31343535
>>31343535
>>31343535

Is this nigger seriously asking for an eight pound pull on his fucking gun?
>>
>>31344720
Nice one, but you forgot to point out that Glock is Austrian, just like the devil who gassed six gorillion of your grandparents.
>>
>>31343535
13 ND's in a year is pretty bad, but how the fuck were there also 6-7 the year before with their revolvers? This honestly says less to me about Glocks and more about how incompetent D.C. Police are.
>>
>>31343535
>unintentional discharges increased sharply
this is a training issue, not a gun issue. they had bad habits with their trigger fingers because they had safeties on their old guns, dumbass
>Adam Schutz
shot himself because he didn't clear the weapon before putting his fingers in front of the weapon. can't shoot yourself if you clear the weapon like a responsible person would. not a problem with the gun, a problem with the operator, dumbass.
>little girl dies
A responsible parent never would have created a situation where their child could access their pistol, even worse that this was a fucking cop that had their gun just laying around, where a toddler could get it. I hope he's in prison for child murder, and he's a piece of shit. How is this the fault of the pistol? Because if it had a safety, MAYBE it would have saved her life? What if she flipped the safety while fucking with it? if she can unintentionally fingerfuck the bangswitch, there's nothing to say a safety would have remained engaged. the only thing that could have saved her was not having a complete piece of shit for a father, dumbass
>all those police NDs
Training issue. Complacent police officers use to safeties, not properly trained in trigger discipline, switching to a glock.... no wonder. dubmass.
>grazed a man's head
so he had no trigger discipline. again, shit training. you really are a dumbass.
>accidentally shot someone while serving a warrant
trigger discipline, dumbass
>fired rounds in locker rooms
why weren't they clearing their weapons? what were their fingers doing on the trigger? training issue. again. dumbass.
>accidentally shot man in chest
trigger discipline. dumbass.
>cop shoots her bed
why was her finger on the tirgger? dumbass
>there is a hazard here
yeah, but it's not the gun, it's your shit training, dubass.
>>31343592
>hurrdurr finger off of teh trigger reeeeeeeee
common sense and good arguments don't become invalid just because you go "durr rreeee" you fucking child
>>
>>31343735
>Vp9

Jams when water touches it litretally.
>>
Strikefire is the cuckoldest form of pistol anyways, glock just the brand they put on the turd
>>
>>31343602
I don't even own Glocks but they aren't "dangerous" aside from not having a manual safety. Dumb gun owners don't take that into consideration and get negligent discharges. They're perfectly fine guns, but you can't handle them like you handle guns with manual safeties.
>>
>>31343535
>hammerless
found the problem
>>
>>31343592

> Glock
> Reliable

Seems like these pistols also fired properly when the trigger was pulled.

How is that not reliable?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.