[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Update from the pathetic faggot who still lives with his parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1375031045245.jpg (48KB, 603x410px) Image search: [Google]
1375031045245.jpg
48KB, 603x410px
Update from the pathetic faggot who still lives with his parents at 28 and thinks that the military is the only way to redeem himself at this point.

Been exercising almost every day, though I've found eating right to be hard. I've been eating less, but I still drink cokes every day. I've switched to just water today, and I'll try to keep to it for the foreseeable future. My exercise has been mostly walking or jogging (though shin splints are a problem due to my weight), but I've been pushing myself to walk/jog further each time I do it. Other exercises include sit-ups, chopping wood (and other yard work), really anything to work up a sweat.

I realize that no one is likely to care about this, I'm more posting it for myself. Insults and/or encouragement is welcomed

Pic unrelated
>>
You can do it anon. Being 28 myself, I'm also highly considering the military. I have a career tho and don't live at home with the rents. It's just something I want to do, and I want the training they provide/offer.

Go for it man. You can do it.
>>
For shin splints, you're probably landing on your heels. Try landing on the balls of your feet, like you were running barefoot. Look up some youtube vids for more info, but it helped me 100%
>>
>>31342445
Drink water constantly
>>
>>31342445
I remember you, OP. Sounds like you are improving.
Recall that it is critical to keep going, don't stop. Maintain the routine, and you will see results.
As a side not e about the soda, sugary soda also does horrible things to your teeth. Switching to low calorie or no calorie soda makes a huge difference. Of course, it won't hydrate you nearly as well as water, so stay the course on the water.
>>
>>31342503
Find stairs with a rail to hold on to. Balance on edge of steps on balls of feet (close to toes) raise and lower your body using your feet only. This will stretch the relevant muscle group and improve flexibility. And as one who joined at 27 (and likely talked to you before) stretch fucker stretch. Getting old sucks but less so when your joints creak less
>>
>>31342445
Keep going bro you can do it.

On a side note is basic really as hard as they say it is? I'm am out of shape unmotivated 19 year old and I'd love to be a Chinook mechanic but I don't think I'll make it through basic.
>>
>>31342445
>>31342503
Idk about walking on the balls of your feet, but when you get to the point where you start running distances or jogging, do not, I repeat, DO NOT, run on the balls of your feet. You will fuck up your arches and at 28, with a high bodyweight, it could be chronic.

But anyways, good for you, OP! Keep working and you'll get there soon enough. As long as you meet the initial weight requirements when talking to a recruiter, you'll shed lots of weight in basic.

Three words why: Half rations. Run.
>>
>>31342489
I really think the structure and discipline will do me good

>>31342503
I'll have to try that. It honestly feels like I'm finally learning how to actually walk. I used to just pick my feet up and they stayed pretty much parallel to the ground

>>31342560
I hear that a lot, will do

>>31342587
Thanks, these thread help keep me motivated

>>31342623
There are some stairs like that down the street at the church, I'll have to give that a try. I always forget to fucking stretch, and I always regret it. I need to pound it into my brain. Also, what branch did you join?
>>
File: 1471921513163.gif (1MB, 400x259px) Image search: [Google]
1471921513163.gif
1MB, 400x259px
Hope you like moping grass OP.
>>
File: shyguyobama.jpg (11KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
shyguyobama.jpg
11KB, 300x400px
>>31342770
I prefer upbeat grass
>>
>>31342445
>I still drink cokes every day
jesus christ how hard is it to stop drinking that shit? literally all you have to do is get rid of all soda you have and stop buying more, BOOM you're now free of soda. if plain water is boring then flavor enhancers or shit just start making some fucking tea.
>>
>>31342876
your brain decides you like it and eventually need it
>>
>>31342876
It's not just cokes, I also love juice (real fruit juice, not that sugar water crap). Unfortunately both have calories, and I should just drink water because it's basically free
>>
>>31342933
It's "satisfied" with the first sip, though.

So take one sip, put the bottle back in the fridge, and drink anything else. After a while, you won't need that first sip anymore.
>>
File: fuckingjimmies.jpg (60KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingjimmies.jpg
60KB, 300x450px
I'm off to go chip some of the wood that I chopped, I'll probably be back in about an hour
>>
>>31342445

OP: I feel you on the ditching sodas. I couldn't STAND the taste (or lack thereof) of water for the longest time.

Try only letting yourself have a soda with a meal at first. Step down from it, it helped me a lot. Also try riding an exercise bike if you have a gym membership or access to one - it'll help you ditch the weight so high impact cardio (running/jogging) won't be as much strain on your joints and shins. Ease into the jog as you lose some weight.

Lastly, juice isn't so bad. It's calories, but it's not EMPTY calories like a soda is. At least you're getting vitamins, nutrients and other goodies from the apple/OJ, instead of drinking a carbonated sugar bomb.
>>
>>31342980
Go be sexy my bro
>>
File: word4.jpg (40KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
word4.jpg
40KB, 500x379px
>>31342876
Just drink tea alternated with water. If you only drink tea you'll get dehydrated since it's a dialectic, just like soda.
>>
>>31342682
Don't listen to this guy OP, just do this. Get on a treadmill barefooted and run. You'll notice that you're landing on the balls of your feet like humans are supposed to, your calve will work like a suspension spring and you'll definitely put less wear and tear on your joints. The only reason why this guy's kinda right is because you grew up in civilization and because of that have never ran like that before so you absolutely have to ease into it. Also you will not be able to do this in combat boots, thankfully they let you get your own running shoes for basic and you can find some decent running flats
>>
Dude you're proof people actually can change if they put there minds to it. Great work!
>>
>>31342662
No. As long as your somewhat in shape and do what you're told, you'll be fine.
>>
>>31343074
Don't praise me yet, it's only been 2 weeks or so

I haven't changed until I'm on the bus to basic
>>
File: certifiedoperator.jpg (55KB, 718x600px) Image search: [Google]
certifiedoperator.jpg
55KB, 718x600px
>>31343665
Also time for a walk, I'll check back in another hour. If the threads dead then I'll be back in a couple days
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.