[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just put an application for sales position in at the lgs. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (53KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53KB, 1280x536px
Just put an application for sales position in at the lgs. What should i expect /k/ommandos?
>>
>>31340202
Lots and lots of retarded people, COD kiddies, loads of fudds, and the occasional sperg.
>>
>>31340215
Also poor manager, low pay, and the realization that most people who own guns don't like or care about them as much as people on /k/
>>
>>31340243
You work at a lgs? Seem pretty knowledgeable on it. Im more in it to be surrounded by funz and the opportunity for employee discounts.
>>
>>31340202
your store will make plenty of money in this election year. Scalpers will start hoarding .223/5.56, .22LR and 9mm. AR-15s and mags will sell out faster than you can get rid of them, but when you go online to check the competition you'll see the same guns going for much higher than you sold them for. Fat angry morons will empty your shelves and not want to know anything about what they're buying, and angry soccer moms will besiege your store, chasing off customers and slandering you.
Enjoy!
>>
>>31340202
This movie was fucking dogshit.

The original wasn't that great either but the remake was just way worse.
>>
>>31340272
Dont expect to connect with customers so much as employees when it comes to passion for weapons. Will they kill my /k/ommando spirit? Does anyone have anything positive about it?
>>
Expect to be bombarded with fudd lore, COD logic, and general dumb assery. You'll see a redguard bring in a hi point and be looking for more clipz. You'll have to explain to a fudd that his grandpappys rechambered arisaka isn't a war heirloom. And you'll encounter people that claim to know more about guns but will consistently refer a pistol by caliber instead of make and model.

Also, get ready to have frequenters that just want to talk and never buy anything they'll argue about dumb shit. They'll tell you wild stories about how their uncles had a full auto m16 from Vietnam but he sold it or some shit.

I've been in far too many gun shops to ever want to work there.
>>
>>31340202
German Shepherds.
>>
>>31340300
The positive is you get to be around guns all the time, get to see the newest stuff before it becomes a meme, and very likely there will be a small percentage of your customers who are actually fun to deal with.

I co-owned a shop for a few years and it didn't drive the /k/ out of me. My faith in the masculinity of men today? Yeah that was pretty damaged. I never could get used to buying junk because they put quantity over quality, or wasting my time and theirs looking at shit they have no intention of ever buying, or telling me they have to ask their wives permission to buy a new gun.
>>
>>31340327
Hi TftGC guy!
>>
File: lesadface.jpg (23KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
lesadface.jpg
23KB, 385x385px
>>31340202

A lot of fudds.

>Know-it-alls who are always wrong, and will cut into your conversation and feed people wrong information.

>That dude who just grunts and scowls.

>Niggers who want ammo but don't know the caliber or make of their gun.

>The prep buyer who doesn't know anything, but acts like the world is ending tomorrow. Will buy out all your .223/5.56 and AR mags. Will buy anything that you recommend.

>IRL AR15 shitposters. "You don't need anything other than an AR-15!" "My AR15 has an amazing twist blah blah blah. BEST GUN EVER." "Bolt actions have no use, why would you want to have fun?"

>The guy who is paranoid and thinks steel case ammo will explode in every gun ever and hates on everyone who uses it. Will try to convince every other customer not to buy it.

>The guy who only buys steel and aluminum case. Will try to convince anyone he sees buying brass to buy steel.

>"YOU GUYS SELL REAL GUNS!??!"

>The old fudd who wants .22lr, but only bricks. Will get upset if you don't have any, or have a limit. "I'LL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE NEXT TIME." But comes back every other morning.

>The dude who comes in asking for stupidly rare ammo like 32 gauge or .25 stevens for his gun that he bought in 1920, then gets upset because you have to special order it.

>The dude who comes in with all the completely wrong information. Wants something incompatible with what he has, gets upset when you inform him that it won't work. Buys it anyways, then comes back later complaining about it.

>The guy who thinks Uncle Mike holsters are good.

>UGH WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO DO A BACKGROUND CHECK? CAN'T YOU JUST WAVE IT.

>The Legit insane dude who thinks the government is out to get him and needs to stalk up RIGHT NOW and tells you all his crackpot conspiracy theories.

Legit had one dude tell me how the Post Office was buying all the .22 so they could train assassins to kill gun owners when they delivered gun parts to your door.
>>
>>31340327
Came her to post this.
>>
File: image.jpg (233KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233KB, 500x364px
>>31340388
>tfw the only "good" lgs around only stocks uncle mikes holsters for some reason

And they only about 4 are gone off the shelf in the last 3 years.
>>
>>31340388

The plus side is occasionally you'll meet the new shooter who actually wishes to learn, and is interested and then you can go full autism /k/ mode on them and explain everything and they'll be extremely thankful for your help. You get that warm fuzzy feeling of knowing that you've left a good impression on them.

And, at least for me. I ran into a lot of foreigners who came into the store and where amazed that we had guns for sell and really digged it and appreciated the fact that we had that freedom. Generally they're from poor countries like the Philippines/East Bloc countries. Who actually know the problem of an oppressive government, and having to worry about Vladimir and his friends breaking into your house and stealing all the lead pipes out of your walls.
>>
File: 1467407553164.gif (962KB, 320x260px) Image search: [Google]
1467407553164.gif
962KB, 320x260px
>>31340446

Also that you get dank deals, depending on where you work at. I got a fuck load of .308/7.62x54r and like 100rd of slugs and then 100rd of buckshot for a 12g dirt cheap.

I worked in a popular store up in Vegas, so if you've got questions.
>>
>>31340265
Employee discounts
Lawd please
>>
File: This is Bait.png (177KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
This is Bait.png
177KB, 375x523px
>>31340294
>The original wasn't that great either
>>
>>31340484
Wasnt expecting anything like 50% off a brand new rifle or anything. But like anon said>>31340468
Maybe a deal on bulk mags or ammo. If i have an outgoing order and add an extra box or two of ammo i want, ill be getting it for the price they buy it for, thus no mark up.
>>
>>31340202
In short, stupidity and the living embodiments of memes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.