[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I expect on my first day going to the range? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (144KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 832x690px
What should I expect on my first day going to the range? I have zero experience with guns but I want to learn

I'm female if that means anything (I don't want weaker lady weapons)
>>
>>31336161
Up
>>
>>31336161
>What should I expect on my first day going to the range? I have zero experience with guns but I want to learn

Listen to the Range officer. Don't wave the end of the gun at anyone.

Wear real shoes. Wear a real shirt.
>>
NORMIES GET OUT
to the range to try out and get a feel for what kind of firearm you would want to choose. The only way you can really find a weapon that suits you is by trying it for yourself. Have a good time at the range and tits or gtfo
>>
>>31336161

TITS OR GTFO
>>
>>31336329
What are real shoes and real shirt? Boots and plain black top?
>>
>>31336349
>What are real shoes and real shirt? Boots and plain black top?

Closed toed shoes. Tennis shoes, boots, whatever.
No heels, no flip flops.

A real shirt is a shirt that doesn't have a lot of cleavage if any. Brass is hot. You don't want to do the hot brass dance.
>>
>>31336376
Is jeans ok?
>>
>>31336376
The hot brass dance is hot desu
>>
>>31336349
Closed toe and something that you can tuck into a pair of pants, that leaves what exactly your tits look like up to people's imaginations. Otherwise be prepared to do what we in the gun community call the brass dance.
>>
>>31336385
Sure. Preferably long jeans.

>>31336390
Hot brass dance is brassy, senpai
>>
>>31336385
ye XD
>>
>>31336404
>XD

Mediocre guns. Grip safety on a striker. Completely unnecessary.
>>
>>31336161
>(I don't want weaker lady weapons)

There's really nothing anyone's going to be bringing to the range outside of a special occasion that will knock you around too badly.

If you're uncomfortable with a weapon, have an RSO load a single round in the chamber and fire that until you're comfortable.
>>
File: 14576893443535.jpg (42KB, 560x369px) Image search: [Google]
14576893443535.jpg
42KB, 560x369px
>>31336161
>>
>I'm female if that means anything

Why would it matter? Why even point that out?
>>
>>31336717
Because you'd ignore me if I didn't
>>
>>31336161
Stop making us look bad. If you live in the suburbs you can at the least target shoot with air rifles. Get an instructor for gun & hunting safety.
>>
>>31336161
>femanonhere.png
>>
when you're turning around
keep the gun pointed down range

no one likes having a loaded firearm spun towards them, even on accident and without any ill will
>>
>>31336810
we actually do pretty well on /k/ when it comes to giving people advice for their first gun range visit and most of them don't mention their gender
>>
File: 1473819302103.jpg (112KB, 600x704px) Image search: [Google]
1473819302103.jpg
112KB, 600x704px
>>31336810
You'd be surprised, /k/ is eager to help noobies. There are some useful points to it though, since it might effect the calibers we recommend starting with, or something like the shirt thing.

They're right, by the way. Brass is surprisingly prone to finding its way against your chest or possibly down even a real shirt if you're firing a Luger. That's no fun.

>Caliber
There isn't really a "weak women's gun". It's generally recommended to start with .22 across the board. It's not necessary, but usually recommended. It may not feel like much, but .22 is good, cheep fun and is the easiest to learn to put on target. Don't dismiss it because it's unimpressive.

>Other considerations
Do not chick lean, esp. If firing larger calibers. The recoil won't hurt you as long as the stock is against your shoulder. If it's a little away, you'll definitely know. Regardless of caliber, reverse leans make for very poor balance and result in a heavier-feeling, less controllable gun.
>>
>>31336853

This.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
>>
Find some guy to dick you down and teach you. Women don't actually like shooting and are turned on by the idea of being unable to defend themselves.
>>
>>31337147
>are turned on by the idea of being unable to defend themselves.
in some cases, but I think it's more about the ability to have a bigger and stronger person defend. understandable, but a smart woman would recognize that there may be times when there is no-one to protect her.

there are also people who are into guns just for the fun part and don't care about defence.
>>
>>31336161
>What should I expect on my first day going to the range?
if youre anything like my sister, a lot of men staring at you for lengths of time that made me uncomfortable followed by snapping a couple dozen pictures to post on facebook and then quickly getting bored. if youre an uggo or actually find firearms interesting for more than just attention seeking reasons, learn the four rules and develop your form with a .22. it may seem a little boring at first but its less boring than immediately starting with a rifle that you cant hit anything with and costs 3x as much per trigger pull
>>
>>31336810
TITS or GTFO
>>
>>31337247
I'm just desperate for a hobby
>>
File: 1473635159321.jpg (76KB, 720x823px) Image search: [Google]
1473635159321.jpg
76KB, 720x823px
>>31336161
Firstly, memorize range safety.
Secondly, listen to the RO if there is one.
Thirdly, lean forwards slightly, not backwards. So many girls have this problem and I don't know why. The gun is gonna push against the direction the projectile is going, so if you lean back it's gone seem like more severe recoil than it actually is.
Fourthly, wear appropriate safety gear. You don't want to get tinnitus or hot brass to the eye

Have fun
>>
A gun is not a toy, it is a tool. It's purpose is to send projectiles flying at extremely dangerous speeds out of one end of it. Never point that end at anything you don't want to hit. Keep your finger away from the trigger until you have the weapon pointed where you want it to shoot. When you are handed a weapon, immediately check the chamber to see if it is empty. Check it again. Check it again. When you are about to hand the weapon to somebody and you think it is empty, check the chamber to make sure it's empty. Check it again. Check it again. If you are handing someone a loaded weapon, tell them it's loaded and hand it over carefully. Put the safety on whenever you are not going to shoot. If you accidentally leave the safety on a few times when you pull the trigger, you are doing something right. Only point the gun down range or at the ground while moving (straight up is accepted, but I prefer the ground)

Be careful
>>
>>31337798
so you can post it on fb i bet.
>>
Wear ear protection (simple foam inserts should suffice), jeans, shirt, if you have long hair maybe tie it back? Wouldn't want that to get stuck in the gun in anyway. Pinched my hand in the bolt of my friend's gun when I went.
Finger always off the trigger, gun aimed always down range or up/down.
And be sure to enjoy yourself, take in the aroma.
Everyone is saying start with .22, but 9mm is fine too.
>>
>>31338051
This. I mean assuming it's a actually a person wanting to get into firearms and not some spaghetti boy trolling for replies.
>>
>>31336810
70% of /k/ is gay as fuck or at least heavily bi-curious, post a picture of your ass that makes your sex uncertain and watch the replies roll in
>Don't even deny it
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.