[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will lunar combat look like, /k/? What weapons will the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (174KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 800x792px
What will lunar combat look like, /k/? What weapons will the different sides use? How will lower gravity and lack of oxygen affect tactics and strategy in a lunar theater of operations? Will there be space shuttle door gunners? Discuss.
>>
There won't be any lunar combat

just peaceful cooperation
>>
>>31335946
I doubt that. Humans are pretty predisposed to conflict, especially over territory. Once space programs look into interplanetary travel, the moon would make a pretty good base to launch longer expeditions from. We also may discover rare minerals on the moon that have been overlooked on our previous journeys.
>>
>>31335931

>Shoot out studio lights
>Put on NVG
>Blast away. Kill those faggots behind the cameras first to erase evidence. Then those faggots in white suits.
>>
>>31335931
Only a complete fucking idiot would wage a war on the moon.

Just look at that picture, no cover or concealment as far as the eye can see, and the lower gravity means bullets, tanks shells, ext... shoot a hell of a lot flatter and farther than they do on earth. A war on the moon would be a bloodbath for everyone involved.
>>
>>31335997
>I-is just a studio!
>NOBODY WENT TO ЛУHA
>IS ALL LIE!
>>
>>31335931
Fuck the Moon, what will Mars combat look like?
>>
>>31336020

$0.02 has been deposited into your account

Prove that moon landing was real. You can't.
>>
>>31336020
NIDF please go
>>
Probably some centerfire 22 rifles and handguns, or something similarly small. All you would need to do is compromise the enemy's suit. Shields might be a thing since one anon already pointed out the lack of cover.

I can see it now: A squad of astronauts bounding across the lunar landscape with tower shields and Ruger Mark 3's. One Astronaut in the back has a Marlin or a 10/22, he is the DMR of the squad. The Squad's machine gunner leaps across the dusty ground sporting a GSG MP44. 5 miles out they spot the enemy: a fireteam of cosmonauts armed with Korshuns. The moment the teams spot eachother, the cosmonauts launch into the upper atmosphere with their Mosin Nagant jump jets.

War. War never changes.
>>
>>31336001
Cover and concealment? What about, I don't know, the massive amounts of craters that pockmark the face of the lunar surface?
>>
>>31335968
In that case, it's veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery far future
radiation waves in space is a thing
>>
>>31336105
>Pictures taken by sattelites in area 51 have same craters like some apollo mission orbiting moon sent to earth
>Flag waving
>Different light points
>Shadow is dark, but cosmonauts are brightly visible and you can see minimal details
>+ signs on pictures must be always on top, but on some pictures, objects hide + sometimes
>>
File: 1472205930715.jpg (53KB, 520x411px) Image search: [Google]
1472205930715.jpg
53KB, 520x411px
>>31335946
>>31335968
There will be lunar combat one day.

Key word "one day", when it's economically and logistically sound to send retards off into space.
>tfw you were born too early to witness space combat on liveleak
>>
Space tanks when?
>>
>>31336292
Those areas are not traveled because they're too dangerous. The areas we have set foot on have much smaller dips much more spaced out.
Actually going to a spot with lots of dips runs the risk of you getting slapped by an asteroid.
>>
>>31336211
Top kek
>>
File: bzone-2012-11-19-11-34-41-88.jpg (367KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bzone-2012-11-19-11-34-41-88.jpg
367KB, 1920x1080px
>>31335931
A bit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3BUTipLkKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGv0RxUuJrc
>>
>>31337728
What is coat
>>
File: 1424438792021.png (17KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1424438792021.png
17KB, 500x400px
>>
>2016
>people still don't believe we landed on the moon
So would you say all space travel has been faked, to include the Mars rover, probes, the ISS, etcetera?
>>
>>31336917
You really need that $0.02USD don't you?
>>
>>31335931
>>31335931
>friend wrote a song about a war on the moon over a huge deposit of radioactive californium which resulted in an eponymous city which got nuked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJDKI0RpnEs
>>
File: x in a nutshell.png (929KB, 1275x875px) Image search: [Google]
x in a nutshell.png
929KB, 1275x875px
>>31341508
Conspiracy theorists aren't exactly the brightest people anon, we're talking about folk whole honestly believe the government is lying to us about the Earth being round
>>
File: 1471311911909.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471311911909.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>31341992
>mfw they weaponize the roavers
>>
>>31341980
Well I just said that I know, but you didn't counter it so I guess that means you have nothing to say?
>>
File: EcvzY.jpg (326KB, 741x1024px) Image search: [Google]
EcvzY.jpg
326KB, 741x1024px
>>31341482

REMOVE MOON RABBIT
>>
>>31338927
Such a good game, strategy, tactics and vehicle based FPS all in one package. I legitimately still play this game, and enjoy it more than a lot of newer games.

Doesn't even need a remake IMO. More campaigns and content would be great though.
>>
>>31342044
No Im a different person. But let me pull up some sources and I'll get back to you.
>>
>>31336917
>fuck off
>flags wave a long time in a vacuum because there's no air resistance to slow them down
>There aren't different points of light, that photo is cropped. In the full image you can see the shadow that looks like the flag's is actually Neil Armstrong's
>?
>The hatch marks were etched in the glass of the lens of the camera. Sometimes they get washed out when the film is developed, especially if they're over top something bright
>>
Railguns, missiles and lasers.

Low gravity and endless space means that generating nuclear power for massive electricity consumption becomes very cheap and safe
>>
File: Burger!!.gif (393KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
Burger!!.gif
393KB, 342x342px
>>31342053
>Welcome to Hamburger Crater
>that M14 looking thing
I really like this image, anonymous
>>
>>31335946
well you got the first part right on
>>
>>31342073
Battlezone1.org one of the original devs has been patching the game for the past 4 years at least
>>
There's little gravity, and no weather. Drones dart across the sky on puffs of cold gas, bodies full of explosives and shrapnel.
Heavy rovers trundle across the dusty grey plains, large lasers rake enemy positions. At times far enough away that orbital mirrors or reflecting drones are used to direct the beam.
Large mass drivers shoot chunks of moon rock in huge clouds, overwhelming point defence through constant bombardment. The fine moon dust gets into machinery, fouling up anything that moves. Elaborate underground complexes are jealously defended Colonies and outposts are kept intact to the best of both sides ability, a mooncrete prefab is still more expensive than the life of a soldier, both are pretty cheap though. The open areas beyond outposts, colonies and bunkers is a dangerous place, suicide drones, masers and railguns pose a deadly threat. Patrols and convoys move in valleys and craters, always taking care to be behind cover. Peek above the crater's edge, and you may see the horizon, and a distant flash of light as a UV laser melts your faceplate and boils your head into vapor.
>>
>>31336917
>cosmonauts
Russians faked the moon landing?
Who knew...
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.