[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /k/, I'm getting out of high school soon, and I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: BoredInCrimea.gif (351KB, 263x239px) Image search: [Google]
BoredInCrimea.gif
351KB, 263x239px
So /k/, I'm getting out of high school soon, and I'd like to join the Army out of high school. More specifically, I want to become a sniper, as I am a very good rifleman (JROTC rifle team 3 years). My parents don't want me to join the armed forces period.
I've got two questions for you. What should I do about my parents, and how do I go about becoming a sniper.
>>
>>31334892
>jrotc
kys kiddo
>>
>>31334892
>meg is that way.
Seriously though. Joing the infantry in either army or marines, be a pt stud as well as crack shot, try out for the battalion scout platoon at every opportunity.

If you're as good as you think you are (you're not) you'll end up in a sniper section.
>>
>>31334915
Nothing wrong with it m8, like our motto says, our mission is to motivate young people to become better citizens.
>>
>>31334892
>rifle team
Do you use real rifles or air rifles? My high school used to use .22s, but when I went it was air rifles. And I can't say that air rifles help much with actual guns.
>>
>>31334892
http://www.goarmy.com/locate-a-recruiter.html
http://www.goarmy.com/rotc/ways-to-attend.html
http://www.goarmy.com/special-forces/primary-missions.html
http://www.benning.army.mil/armor/316thCav/129/Sniper/

Can you hit out to 600 meters 90% of the time?
>>
>>31335407
Air rifles, used to allow .22, but some kid accidentally shot an instructor.
>>31335980
If I try a whole lot, yes
>>
>>31334892
Why does it matter what your parents think. Its your decision and your own.
>>
>>31338381
If this is OP and if you think you're sniper worthy based on your skills with air rifles you might actually be retarded
>>
>>31338413
Are you a dumbass? I'm obviously a /k/ommando, and I've obviously handled real rifles. Jesus man, think before you post, or lurk moar.
>>
>>31338386 is right. Join up without your parents knowing, call your mom right before you get on the plane to be shipped to boot, tell her what you're doing and that there's nothing she can do to stop you, and have fun being US property
>>
>>31338433
>I'm a good /k/ammando
>I-I've shot real rifles
>Literally sources air rifle class for being a gr8 shot

Jeez dude, lurk moar
>>
>>31338433
A thread died so you could shitpost. If you're actually being serious use common sense when going about joining the military. Like other anons have said, it's YOUR decision, not mommy' or daddy's
>>
>>31338464
Nigger this is bait. Just let this thread die
>>
>>31338464
I mention it, but that's not my experience. The dude who led the team is a gun nut, and he taught me to shoot dime groupings or better at 200 yards, and that's with his spare rifle.
>>
Just do shooting competitions as a civilian.
>>
>>31334892
>I'd like to join the Army

So go to the damn general. The whole point of that thread is so that people don't make this exact thread 1000 times a day.
>>
>>31338483
What rifle, what sight system?

Also being a xX_SN1P3R_Xx is more than being a good shot. It's fucking EASY to be a good shot at long range, especially with a high powered scope and in a supported position, Snipers must have a totally different mentality, you have to be prepared to piss and shit on yourself, and remain totally still for hours at a time, your camouflage and concealment needs to be completely immaculate.

shooting tight groups in your fairy cake high school army man club does NOT mean that you have what it takes to be an Army Sniper.
>>
>>31334892
>JROTC

>be me
>first month of ROTC
>at PT
>Cadet platoon sergeant walks over
>"who here did JROTC?"
>about 10 hands out of 50 go up
>"ok, never admit that ever again"

Never tell anyone you did that. It's a mark of shame. I'm in ROTC and the kids who did in fact do JROTC during high school were made fun of and shamed for it. JROTC kids are a bunch of annoying fucks who think they're "high speed" because they can do drill and ceremony, arguably the most useless skill in the Army which anyone in the program who's gone to basic can destroy them on.

Everyday I hear some shit from one of the JROTC kids who bitch about me coming into college contracted "even though I didn't do JROTC".

And don't tell your drill sergeant you did JROTC either. If you tell your recruiter, the paperwork will eventually go to wherever you go for basic and your DS will know that there's a JROTC guy amongst the ranks. DO NOT LET HIM FIND OUT ITS YOU.

t. Someone who did AFJROTC for the first 2 days of freshman year of high school before saying "fuck this" and then 4 years later got a 4-year scholarship for Army ROTC.

>mfw there is literally an autistic kid in charge of the JROTC wing(?) at my old high school
>>
>>31334892
1. air rifles in ROTC doest prepare you much for actual rifles, let alone being a marksman or sniper. You'de be better off spending your childhood and teenage years hunting because it teaches you about patience, silence, preperation, etc.

2. your parents are un-american, Fuck em. You are a grown ass man (or soon will be.) and if they're that adament about it they can only block it until you turn 18, and then they will either hate you forever, or learn to live with you making your own life choices (if they say its cause you're a baby kill they're toxic to you and cut all ties. If they think you're going to die remind them you are in the worlds most powerful and efficient military (shut up /k/) with some of the most advanced and well trained medical procedures out there.)

3. you know how many kids want to be fucking "Snipers"? you know how many recruiters get bugged by kids wanting to be fucking SF, seals, Snipers etc? Unless you have a god-teir ASVAB score and something to show for it, good luck~
>>
>>31338706
>made fun of
>shame

some one didnt have a good time in JROTC/ROTC, eh?

I hada great time, made alot of friends i still hang out with an keep in contact with and got a promotion right out of basic because of it, My big hat also knew about the ROTC, and pushed me harder because of it, But i didnt whine like a bitch about it, instead i kept fucking going and stayed motivated and once big hat and kill hat figured out i wasnt just some fucking whiny kid who went to ROTC and got nothing out of it they left well enough the hell alone and moved onto others to try to weed them out.
>>
File: image.png (152KB, 830x844px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
152KB, 830x844px
>>31334949
>join the army become a good goyim and die for your kosher overlords

Lol you milfags fell hard for the memes
>>
>>31338706
My JROTC isn't like that, for the most part it's just a bunch of nogs trying to get an easy A.
>>
>>31338798
Did you mean to send that to someone else?
The motto is for the JROTC, and doesn't necessarily relate to military service...
>>
>>31338798
OMG JEWS
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.