[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live in country that forcefully conscripts its men in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11

File: 1473892180687.jpg (65KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1473892180687.jpg
65KB, 601x601px
>live in country that forcefully conscripts its men in the military and serve a pseudo-prison sentence.
JUST
>>
>>31334034
Nearly all countries that have mandatory military service are better countries than the us.

I can't think of one off the top of my head that's worse (other than perhaps best Korea, but I'm not sure they actually have mandatory military)
>>
File: t2454175.jpg (11KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
t2454175.jpg
11KB, 300x225px
>have no gf
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp1yclQXd1Q
>>
>>31334065
going to the military in worst korea is literally like a prison sentence.
>>
>>31334034
Just don't show up.
>>
>>31334065

Russia.

Read "One Soldier's War," then tell me you'd sign up for Russian-style conscription.
>>
File: Canada feels.jpg (204KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
Canada feels.jpg
204KB, 922x882px
>>31334149
>ywn be oper8r butt buddies with læffy
life is suffering
>>
File: 1402264038430.png (150KB, 340x375px) Image search: [Google]
1402264038430.png
150KB, 340x375px
>>31336365

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0w2C9HWuUQ
>>
>enlisted after high school, no gf but enlisted at 19
>got a deployment
>went home and got free college, stacked money while overseas because no woman or whatever
>finishing college debt free and dating a girl who has a good bachelors and job
>posting from my man cave that she pays for as a I go to school

Feels good man
>>
>>31336365
thats a great read senpai
>>
>>31334359
That lasts a few years while fuck all happens an then you leave and get to continue living in an incredibly safe and technologically advanced country full of chicks who find white people hot.

>>31336365
I had no idea Russia had mandatory military.
You win I guess.
>>
>>31334034
What country?
>>
>>31334065
>Nearly all countries that have mandatory military service are better countries than the us.
t. Vatnik
>>
>>31336832
>Implying military doesn't make you a true man
Just go back to your basement
>>
>>31336832
Great reading comprehension. Guess you can't see the screen very well from your mobility scooter.
>>
>>31336449
Sorry if im being retarded here but

this doesn't look like brutality, maybe mental preparation and training bodily toughness and tiring and pain
>>
>>31336449
by the way is that a drill sergeant hitting them?
>>
>>31336842
>this is what welfare queens actually believe
>>
>>31334065
Better countries in what?

Greece is better? Russia?
>>
File: 1464612073403.jpg (559KB, 1228x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464612073403.jpg
559KB, 1228x960px
>>31334034
>getting paid and free rent for a few years to learn discipline and get firearms experience that may save your life or that of your country someday
>>
>>31334034
>while heavy restricting gun rights
>>
Sounds like you're a little bitch
>>
>>31336452
Lucky you. I have to pay for university, and get conscripted

-Singapore.
>>
File: 87692748356.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
87692748356.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>31334065
>Nearly all countries that have mandatory military service are better countries than the us.

>Russia
>Belarus
>Iran
>Turkey
>Greece
>Uzbekistan
>Kazakhstan
>Turkmenistan
>Tajikistan
>Mongolia
>Armenia
>Azerbaijan
>Mexico
>Somalia
>Sudan
>Angola
>Zimbabwe
>Libya
>Cuba
>Venezuela
>Columbia
>Cambodia
>North Korea

Gee look at all these wonderland nations where being forced to be a soldier creates strong, productive societies
>>
>>31337283
How is life in Singapore?
>>
>>31337279
Seconding.
>>
>>31334065
What in the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>31337286
Hot and humid, but it's apparently real clean.

AMA
>>
>>31337286
>>31337283

Singaporean conscripts are surprisingly competent. Good laugh too.

\in fact i was surprised with Singapore as a whole.
>>
>>31337352
Explain ?

What do you mean by surprisingly competent ? How are we, compared to others ? What's the benchmark ?

Also, pls buy the terrex.
>>
>>31337284
thank you for articulating my thoughts
>>
>>31334034
Tfw live in the best country to be conscripted in. Switzerland.
Only thing to go wrong is a kebab accusing you of having attacked him with my bayonett...
>>
>>31334034
Conscription (assuming you're not in a country that's irredeemably corrupt/impoverished) is a pretty good way to teach younger generations a sense of duty/discipline. Makes them work hard, they get to be part of something bigger then themselves. Assuming the experience isn't overly negative it'd probably even foster some patriotism. I'm from the US so I enlisted in the chair force of my own free will.
>>
>>31337376
Even against German enlistees they were good. Well trained, good discipline.

A little clumsy, yes, but in good humour about it.

Terrex is good, as is the Patria.

VBCI looks to be in the lead though because we have joint logistics and task force agreements with the french. France loaned us some VCBIs for evaluation and training and are very popular with troops at the moment. They're probably going to win, because France are going to buy some drones in return.

Pirahna V doesn't have the armaments, despite winning the previous competition.

Styker would have a chance if british troops weren't already weary of it
LAV would have won if it were 10 years ago and if the other commonwealth countries weren't going to replace it.

Boxer already lost, and ARTEC was accused of trying to bribe some people in procurement.
>>
>>31337441
>blah blah blah discipline blah blah
No, it won't. They're only there for a few years, any that don't want to be there will drag their feet and do as little as possible.
Its a waste of two years where plenty of people would just have a job (which would require the learning of most social skills anyway) or furthering their education.
There's a reason first world countries don't do it anymore, conscripts don't even make good troops.
>>
>>31337284
>Mongolia
While I'm not in expert on Mongolia past or present I can't imagine its a "bad" country. Sure you could call it underdeveloped, but Mongolians enjoy their nomadic lifestyle from what I can tell. I suppose it depends on your definition of good. If good means power projection military, economic, science wise then no, Mongolia isn't good. If your definition is the general happiness, and quality of life of the people who live there well then I wouldn't say Mongolia is particularly bad.
>>
Well, i live in brazil, i am trying a way to avoid going to the army, i will be the first turncoat to the enemy if i ever go to war.
>>
File: 1469133183926.png (512KB, 622x521px) Image search: [Google]
1469133183926.png
512KB, 622x521px
>>31337457
>conscripts don't even make good troops.
Meanwhile Finnish reservists perform excellently in international excercise, often defeating enlisted troops.
>>
>>31336365
Russian conscription is trying to be fazed out by the MoD and replaced with more incentives to join voluntarily. After the poor performance of a lot of units in Chechnya and continued poor performance in Georgia despite reforms, the transition to smaller brigade sized units of "кoнтpaктники" or professional soldiers has been the main goal of Russia's recent military reforms called SAP 2020. right now the rate of conscript soldiers is probably around 30-40% compared to 80% around Georgia.
>>
>>31337458
>Mongolia has a good quality of life
I hope you enjoy liver cancer.
>>
>>31337457
Good points, personally I think conscription makes sense if it basically only applies to Neets If you're not going to a trade school/college and you're not working then there's nothing better for you to do. However if your country needs a military and enlistment isn't going to cut it then conscription is the only way. I just think that it can have positive aspects. Sure you may not be able to work or go to school, but you're not gonna have any expenses. Maybe you can even save up whatever pay you get for school afterwords.
>>
>>31337464
The fact that there's only one country where that's true and its more a less a surprise as well, just confirms my point.
>>
>>31337464
Finns have it in their blood it seems. Italy used to have conscription till 2004, I wonder how they performed (not a joke, if anybody has any info on this i'd actually be interested)
>>
>>31337484
Do you have any statistics about the quality of conscripts? Are you speaking from purely personal experience?
>>
>>31337476
Its just a huge waste of time and money for the military though, every year they'd have 10,000's of people who can't be bothered and won't remain in the military, who they'd have to put the time and effort into training.
Honestly, the kind of person who, once they're an adult, doesn't have something to meaningfully occupy their time, you're probably not going to try any harder in the military.

That's without mentioning how utterly repulsive the idea of being forced against your will to join the military is. Especially for any developed country these days, there just wouldn't be a reason for it.
>>
>>31337484
It's because the rest of the countries with conscription are inept, corrupt third world shitholes with worthless doctrine and lacking in military tradition. If European nations brought it back, their conscripts would certainly be of a far, far higher quality than the third worlders.
>>
>>31337489
Do I need any? Not after that >>31337284 post.

If they were better than volunteer troops, everyone would do it. Pretty easy to understand.
>>
>>31337494
But they'd still be worse than regular troops. And there's absolutely no reason to do so.
European nations don't need to conscript since they usually have a military worth joining, on account of it not being shit.
>>
>>31337503
And they'd actually have a credible defence, capable of holding the entire nation and reaching strategical objectives, instead of being small operational forces capable of a few battles around their capital region. The only volunteer militaries in Europe worth a damn are UK's and France's.
>>
>>31337493
What we want isn't always good for us, it's not always bad to be forced to do something. I think it'd be good for a total NEET, maybe he'll revert back to being a NEET or maybe he'll actually start trying in life.
>>31337499
That's not an argument, sure all of those countries aren't what you'd call a paradise and its no surprise they don't have people lining up at the recruiting offices. Still you haven't showed me anything concrete on the performance of conscripts in comparison to enlisted men. Also it doesn't change the fact that if you're a nation that's enlisted military isn't large enough to ensure national defense and security that you have no choice but to have conscription.
>>
>conscription = prison sentence
>gets paid, worked out, equipped, fed, and trained without any expenses

Millenials, everbody.
>>
>>31337511
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise that there was a full scale land war just round the corner.
Oh wait, there isn't. We don't need or want a conscript military, its all very well swelling the ranks with 10,000's of grunts, but they don't count for shit without any support.
Better just to have a smaller well equipped military than 10,000's of ill equipped, second rate troops milling about the place. A war where having more troops is important isn't going to happen in Europe, it isn't 1914 anymore.
>>31337516
No, fuck off, you're forcing people into serving the state whilst simultaneously forcing the state to babysit thousands of possible inept human skittles.
Conscript troops CANNOT be as good, just from an equipment perspective, they'll never enjoy parity with regular volunteer units and in the modern world that matters. Fine, you've all got a rifle and maybe some transport, but that's it. Troops like that wouldn't last five minutes in any sort of proper conventional war.
>>
>>31337549
You still can't leave if you want to, your freedom is still restricted.
Workers in the Soviet GULAGS could be paid, they got to work out and learn interesting new skills too (cutting wood or avoiding being shanked by criminal prisoners for example) and (depending on their work norm) they were fed.
But its fine though, that still isn't a prison sentence.
>>
File: 1473845012471.gif (25KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
1473845012471.gif
25KB, 500x664px
>>31337582
>Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise that there was a full scale land war just round the corner.
>Oh wait, there isn't. We don't need or want a conscript military, its all very well swelling the ranks with 10,000's of grunts, but they don't count for shit without any support.
>Better just to have a smaller well equipped military than 10,000's of ill equipped, second rate troops milling about the place. A war where having more troops is important isn't going to happen in Europe, it isn't 1914 anymore.
Are you being facetious, or do you really think we're somehow magically moved beyond international conflict, won the peace for our generations, on the right side of history and whatever other mind-numbingly retarded bullshit you braindead slugs spout out of your mouths?
>>
>>31337594

Are you seriously comparing being conscripted by a western country to being sentenced to the gulag?
>>
>>31337284
>Armenia
Fuck you buddy, we take pride servicing our work when we're land locked between two nations full of roaches and one independent province full of them in the south. Militia and military services is tradition ever since the shit gone through us in the 20th century and older, especially with three bloodthirsty fuckers who want to wipe us out of the map are out neighbors.
Also:
>Ignoring Estonia, Denmark, Finland, Israel, South Korea, Latvia, Norway, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan and Thailand
>>
>>31337599
No, I'm just not going to delude myself into believing that the kind of war that requires first world countries to resort to conscription is just around the corner. They aren't that common fucko, the First and Second World Wars are exceptional for a reason, they required conscription, they won't happen again. And even if they did, what do you think thousands of meat shields with just small arms are going to do in this day and age?
>>
>>31337640
No, your reading comprehension isn't particularly good, is it.
I'm point out that just because you get paid, fed, worked out and taught skills, doesn't make it any less of a prison sentence. Prison I'd about denying you personal freedoms at its core.
>>
>>31337690
Look at the image you posted. You're right on top of "Mount Stupid".
>>
>>31337690
>>31337700
The image I posted*
>>
File: Jesus Jesus Christ.png (102KB, 194x499px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Jesus Christ.png
102KB, 194x499px
Do your fucking duty. You don't get to live for free, cock sucker.
>>
Ey... Singapore's National Service wasnt that bad to me. Granted I was sent to the police force instead of the army.
I actually kind of enjoyed it since I got to see a side of the country I had never seen before.
>>
>>31337244
>re-enacting your favorite pirated 80s karate movie on recruits is supposed to devolp anything but your ego
The actual training is shit, the equipment is shit and the tactics are shit. Special snowflakism in militaries is bullshit but getting kicked in the chest doesn't train you for anything other than getting kicked in the chest, something I guess might be useful when invading some Eastern Bloc shithole and you get captured becasue everyone's only knowledge or experience is sucking their superiors' cock.
>>
>>31337700
>>31337707
Nice rebuttal, please though, do tell me in what situation would conscripts be useful for modern European nations?
>>
>>31337458
Have you seen like two pictures of Mongolia and think it's all falconry and horseback archery and not dying from heavy metal poisoning in an open mine at 15.
>>
>>31337448
:( We want the cash.
>>
>>31338816
>bu...but they must enjoy living in a tent, eating horse cheese and getting sore arses from riding
Honestly though you're right.
>>
>>31337339
>7 hours later
I fell asleep.

How's the quality of life? Isn't Singapore just one big city on an island? Are there a lot of mainland Chinese who is shitting up Singapore? How do you feel about them? Why is gum banned?
>>
>>31337260
See

>>31336846
>>31337284
>>31337383
Maybe if you dumb shits could read you wouldn't even have to write your pointless comments
>>
>>31334034
>doesn't live in a country that would take me in the military even though I have flat feet and asthma

JUST END IT ALL LADS
>>
>>31337283
Just have your maid carry your rucksack lol
>>
>>31336449
why are the ruskies so autistic? How does doing knockoff kung-fu on your subordinates train them to be better?
>>
>>31334065
Oh yeah bro Conscription is swell.

>>31337284
Fucking beautiful.
>Mexico
Yeah boy. Gotta get some hours in the range before you get your Fast and Furious narco rifle. Don't want you to be dangerously unprepared.
>>
>>31340003
The only ones defending this shit are dumbass slavboos with brain damage.
>>
"Poq poq poq, conscription is prison."
>tfw live in country where conscription like summer camp
>>
>>31337458
>le noble savage maymay

Have a good time dying of treatable illnesses and rotten teeth at the ripe old age of 26
>>
>>31340084

That flag looks like an old-school Visa card
>>
>>31334065
None of the retards who responded even remembered Israel. Kek
>>
>>31334065
>(other than perhaps best Korea, but I'm not sure they actually have mandatory military)

They have mandatory everything.
>>
>>31334034
Any form of military service is wrong, in fact any service for the state is wrong.
>>
>>31343524
Spotted the anarchist. Tell me, AnCom? AnFem? or are you atleast a based AnCap?
>>
>>31343584
>anANYTHING
>based

Pick one. Its almost like you fucks have never been inside a 3rd gradr us history class
>>
>>31334034
I'm glad we're not drafting in the US. I'd rather not die in some sandy hellhole or waste three years of my life.
>>
>>31337675
>Denmark
>Not a degenerate shit hole
>>
>>31343612
I already need to spend at least 10 years in college/grad school to make a living I don't need to wait another 3-5 years to just live my fucking life in telative peace, and considering the state of the country even that might not happen given the "elections" and protesters constantly fucking everything up.
>>
>>31343584
AnCap

>>31343606
>He doesn't know about democide.
>>
Generally sucks but the country is making sure it will survive. Countries with Volunteer militaries typically have better militaries though. South Korean does it because they made decision every male needs to be able to fight, they have Mr Psychopath running North Korea and 13,000 Artillery pieces targeting Seoul (which is within 35 miles of border). So it's justified for them.
>>
>>31343524
No service for the state? Do you pay taxes, critically do you reap the benefits of your state pressing people into service? If you feel so bad about this stop paying your taxes or go live in a place without laws. The minute a state stops defending it's citizens and itself it becomes one with the dinosaurs.

You are a idiot or a troll.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.