[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nitrocellulose is a primary component in gunpowder productio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: cotton nitrocellulose.jpg (170KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
cotton nitrocellulose.jpg
170KB, 500x422px
Nitrocellulose is a primary component in gunpowder production. Currently, when it's shipped, it's wetted to make it less explosive and even safer for transport. Me (along with many other people) are guessing they want to reclassify it so it becomes too expensive to produce gunpowder and fill ammo. The government recently purchased massive amounts of ammunition, so it seems to reason that they want to control how much ammo civilians can have. Take from that what you will.

More info if you want to read it up
http://www.snopes.com/atf-reclassifies-wetted-nitrocellulose/
>>
>>31331685
Didn't the ATF realize they fucked up when they discovered that gun cotton has more uses beyond propellant such as medical research?
>>
>>31331755
Yes, they tuck their tail between their legs and ran away crying
>>
OP....you mean gun cotton (that's what's in your pic)?

Nitrocellulose is so simple to make. Whether the easy to make stuff is viable for use in firearm ammo is another story. I'm talking simply ping pong balls (or old billiard balls) and acetone. Whether that can be refined for ammo use, I don't know as I've never looked into it.

With the meth epidemic, and now what you're saying, makes me wonder when acetone will become a controlled substance requiring either a DEA number or type 6 ffl to purchase....
>baka
>>
>>31331878
Acetone over a certain amount is DEA controlled. At my old job, the 55 gal drums of acetone had a DEA control number on them.
>>
>>31331685
>Nitrocellulose is a primary component in gunpowder production
It is in some, it's not in others.

Gunpowder is a vague as fuck word.
>>
>>31333512
That is because I can turn a 55 gal drum of acetone into a massive fucking bomb, dumby.
>>
File: 1436045343749.jpg (68KB, 720x493px) Image search: [Google]
1436045343749.jpg
68KB, 720x493px
>>31333607
>DEA
>Bombs
Holy shit nigger
>>
>>31331685
Old news, ATF got btfo again. It's really great how this administration continues to quietly try and use executive agencies to force a political agenda because they know the people would not accept what they are trying to do. It's warfare on gun owners plain and simple.
>>
>>31333631
All of the government agencies intermix. The DEA and ATF track and control almost all of the same chemicals because 90% of the precursors that go into crack or heroin also go into home made explosives.

Source: I work with these motherfuckers.
>>
>>31333607
Wait what? Isnt that shit just a kind of paint thinner?
>>
>>31333822
Bruh, I can walk into any house in America and make a bomb out of this shit in their kitchen/bathroom/garage. Making an IED is the easiest thing you could imagine.
>>
>>31333944
With what? I see people post this shit here all the time but no one ever says what kinds of things would go into one. I think its like when people say "I can go into this bar and nail every chick there" just a meme
>>
>>31334037
I'm not going to explain the precursors and mixtures of all of the explosives that I know how to make, but that information is open source. Books like the Anarchists Cookbook or Poor Man's James Bond are available on Amazon and have step by step instructions about how to make all kinds of explosives.

The very basic, basic rule of thumb is that to make an explosive mixture you need 90% oxidizer to 10% fuel.

If you don't want to pop up on any watch lists just figure out the chemicals you need and buy them with cash, each one at a separate location.
>>
File: ATF pls no.jpg (159KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
ATF pls no.jpg
159KB, 960x540px
>>31334037
while i dislike the "kitchen bomb" posts because the majority of people who say it can't even write Ammonium Nitrate's formula. it's also true.

The easiest way to make a pipebomb involves "The Works" and tinfoil. but you have to mix them right before you use them.

Another simple one is a termite bomb, though again you'll have set it off and quickly seal it and chuck it before the pressure makes the pop.

The most efficient way to make a bomb involves black powder. while expensive to buy if your gunstore doesn't carry it, it's actually easy to make.

My flintlock requires the holy black for a pan primer so i'm forced to make it on my own. all the chemicals to make it can be found in Walmart garden and any well stocked pharmacy.
>>
>>31331685
I think the pharmaceutical companies came down HARD on the ATF for this. I saw somewhere (and I am not sure how true this is) that they actual use more wetted nitrocellulose than ammunition manufacturers.
Besides ammunition manufacturers already have permits to deal with explosives (see primers).
>>
>>31334037
Typically drain cleaner (sulfuric acid) and some kind of nitrate.

That or organic peroxides if you want to die.

>please don't make a bomb
>>
>>31334221
Nigga they changed the ingredients on "the works" forever ago so you cant make anything out of it
>>
File: Oh bother.gif (300KB, 500x258px) Image search: [Google]
Oh bother.gif
300KB, 500x258px
>>31334372
>Nigga they changed the ingredients on "the works" forever ago so you cant make anything out of it
Didn't know that, haven't shoved one in a mailbox since i graduated.

Shame, i wanted to show my kids how to do it.
>>
>>31334261
One, most drain cleaners have moved away from sulfuric acid because it corroded the pipes. Two, acids and and nitrates are both oxidizers. Mixing sulfuric acid and a nitrate is going to do fuck all.
>>
>>31334261
Peroxide based explosives aren't THAT bad. Just make sure you're H2O2 mixture doesn't go over 70% and than your final product doesn't dry out so fast that it makes large crystals. Duh.
>>
>>31333822

And a key component of TATP, one of the nastiest goddamn primary explosives there is.
>>
>>31333678
I'm sorry for the loss of your dog, anon. Do you have any fun stories about the alphabet agencies?
>>
>>31336442
Only that the FBI is completely mentally ill equip to understand complex explosive circuits.
>>
>>31336442
Obligatory: "It's all a conspiracy, man!"
>>
>>31333678
>Source: I work with these motherfuckers.
maybe i should report you to the authorities
>>
>>31331685
>The government recently purchased massive amounts of ammunition, so it seems to reason that they want to control how much ammo civilians can have
Or they're just re-stocking.
>>
>>31333822
It's also insanely flammable. A 55 gal drum in the hands of an idiot is a fire bomb waiting to happen.

A lot of common chemicals become very dangerous in large amounts. Add some stupidity and kaboooom.
>>
>>31337210
>It's also insanely flammable. A 55 gal drum in the hands of an idiot is a fire bomb waiting to happen.
and gasoline isn't?
>>
>>31333554
Can you tell us what gunpowders in use today don't have nitrocellulose as the main ingredient?
>>
File: 1442318757156.png (633KB, 647x701px) Image search: [Google]
1442318757156.png
633KB, 647x701px
>>31331685
>Me are guessing
>>
On the topic of nitrocellulose, has anyone tried using plain guncotton for propellant when reloading?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JwMeUQbINI
>>
>>31334037
Ammonium and platinum will create hydrogen cyanide gas when mixed together. Very deadly gas. Put it in an AC system to kill a whole building.
>>
What's the name of that stuff you can buy at walmart? Tannerite?
>>
>>31337715
Black powder?
>>
File: 1455570599904.jpg (55KB, 614x808px) Image search: [Google]
1455570599904.jpg
55KB, 614x808px
>>31337216

If you bought 55 gallons of gas and put it into anything but a motor vehicle you would get a firm talking to.
>>
>>31338042
it's not like you can't get it out of a vehicle once it's in it
>>
This is now an explosives thread!
Prepare your anus anons! ATF-chan is coming for your doge's and senpai's!
>>
>>31338009
Tannerite is almost completely useless as an offensive weapon. It's just too hard to set off reliably without a well placed rifle shot, and if you can do that you probably don't need an explosive in the first place. Shit you can buy at a feed sure would be ten times more efficient and dangerous.
>>
>>31338028
Great! let's just load our 5.56's and 7.62's with that!
>>
>>31333631
There is a reason meth labs explode dude.
>>
this thread causes me great suffering

newfags and the ATF

>Nitrocellulose
AKA gun cotton
basically just nitric acid and cotton balls

>gunpowder
AKA black powder
sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate

now my understanding is that both are nitrogen based, and either can be used as a propellant for a firearm

>why wetted nitrocellulose is a high explosive
there are really two systems of classification
A. a storage/hazard classification, that informs people of the dangers of using a product
B. the sale and manufacture classifications, that keep dangerous chemicals out of people's hands

it's nothing to do with an ammo ban, the ATF just wants to make sure people handle nitro compounds safely

...instead of just jamming it in boxes and saying "it's got water in it so it's ok"
>>
>>31338768
I don't see why not.
>>
>>31338613
I heard you can turn tannerite into semtex.
>>
>>31337216
As far as I know, gasoline isnt as volatile as concetrated acetone, so its safer
>>
>>31338613
Pardon me, but aren't the explosives in a grenade similarly stable? They require an initial blast from the fuse to detonate. Otherwise, grenades can be shot and still not explode.
>>
>>31338002
>Platinum
Just use bleach to make chloramine. Much easier to find
>>
>>31331685
>Me (along with many other people) are guessing they want to reclassify it...
>Me are guessing...

lol OP u r silly
>>
>>31338613

You are now aware that the IRA used tannerite as filler for grenades.
>>
>ITT: people who didn't catch ATF becoming BATFE
>ITT: people who did, but still don't know what the E stands for
>>
>>31340024
>He thinks you're not allowed to discuss such things here
>He doesn't know the Bureau of Assholes, Tools, Faggots and Excrement are already watching his shit.
>>
>>31338042
Bullshit while i was working on my uncles farm in highschool we purchased 100 gallons of fuel both gas and diesel at a time for the the equipment and trucks. Other than an account with the provider that was it.
>>
>>31338613
There was a guy on arfcom who registered a frag grenade on form 2 and used binary explosive as the filler. It's not as powerful as comp B but it still explodes.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.