[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>noguns UK citizen >browse /k/ and spend hunners of dollar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: sharper-team-image.jpg (109KB, 960x675px) Image search: [Google]
sharper-team-image.jpg
109KB, 960x675px
>noguns UK citizen
>browse /k/ and spend hunners of dollar on ranges every time I go to the states
>new uni has a rifle club and smallbore shooting range

What do you reckon /k/? anyone here tried and enjoyed competitive target shooting?
>>
>>31328005
i will pay good money for nudes of the asian girl in the bottom left OP
>>
>>31328005
I found it boring as fuck. Small bore means .22lr and air pellets. It feels just like shooting a single loading airsoft. Pistols are a bit more fun.
However I'm more interested in the internals and power of guns. If you can find joy in being accurate you can have a lot of fun with this.
>>
>>31328005
i'd plow that asian chick.
>>
Currently participating in my Uni's Pistol team, though I got to try both during the team orientation.

>>31328542 is right. The Rifles you use are heavy as fuck and use .22lr, so you will feel next to nothing. That said, being crazy accurate is a joy that cannot be expressed through words.

The rifle club will be a good fit if you take visceral pleasure in good marksmanship, and can tolerate less shooty-shooty bang bang than you might get from firing larger caliber rifles.

If there is also a pistol team, I'd recommend going for that. You're still firing .22, but firing one handed feels cool and presents a really worthwhile challenge.
>>
File: some dude with a SxS.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
some dude with a SxS.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
I used to Shoot SASS in the Frontiersmen category, though i didn't break no records or anything.

Lost interest in it though, so i stopped.
>>
>>31328542
>>31328665
These
I shot 10m air rifle comps in high school and I personally loved the fuck outa practicing marksmanship. Others wanted more bang but a lot of those guys couldn't hit shit. Some could.
It was always nice because I live innasuburbs and couldn't go shoot my real guns so easily.
>>
>>31328005
it's you way in OP, from there you start at outside ranges. The when it comes to getting your FAC you will breeze through it, then you can get all the moist nuggets you want
>>
>>31328005
might as well join it dont you need like a year of being in a gun club before you can buy a real gun or something like that
>>
File: 1346781893052.png (498KB, 513x449px) Image search: [Google]
1346781893052.png
498KB, 513x449px
Personally I find target rifle and pistol 'disciplines' to be utterly boring. The type of shooting is boring, it's about as sanatised and removed from reality as you can get. The guns are boring as shit, there's no love in them. The people are a mixed bag, some are fine but others seem to be the worst sort; the ones who supported the pistol and semi auto bans because shooting is a super serious competitive sport and fun is not allowed, also guns should belong to a club and not an individual. Basically those guys are obnoxious cucks, though I hate to use that word, They're the enemy of gun lovers.

I don't dislike competitive shooting, but at least in the UK, it can have a very poisonous atmosphere. They look down on people who'd just like to plink and own guns. I've done service rifle competition in the Army and milsurp competitions and they're much more fun. Fullbore target rifle is better, but again some of the people are cunts.

That's not to say that 'normal' shooters in the UK are any better, some of them are just as faggy and think that we ought to have the gunlaws that we do and that all we need is a bolt action and a lever gun for 'fun' (read: shooting at paper under strict club rules no fun allowed definitely can't shoot an old microwave)

I was lucky to grow up shooting melons and propane cylinders on the farms, an thus was not cucked by shitty range and club indoctrination.
>>
>>31328005
Brit-fag here

Join the club, then find your local non-uni shooting club that does full bore.

Then you can have fun.

ps. The skills from small bore are extremely useful
>>
File: image.jpg (378KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
378KB, 2048x2048px
>reading shit like this makes me glad to have been in America
>>
>>31328005
Find a Practical club. Mini Rifle my nigger.
>>
>>31328512
Welcome to the United States of America.
>>
>>31329406
>The guns are boring as shit, there's no love in them.

muh hillbilly truck gun
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.