[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here know if I can join the US Navy as an officer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: GLK-19-2.png (316KB, 1000x680px) Image search: [Google]
GLK-19-2.png
316KB, 1000x680px
Does anyone here know if I can join the US Navy as an officer after I get out of the Army National Guard?

I'm currently enlisted and have 3 years left on my 6 year contract. I'm a Staff Sergeant/E-6 if that matters.
>>
>>31318656
Kneepad promotion the post
>>
>>31318656
Former USAF here. You need a degree. Get your fucking degree. get your degree.

Make it count. Get it in Homeland, cyber, project management, risk management or something like that. A bullshit degree will not get you a job.

Get a degree, your rank means nothing to the military. good luck.
>>
Do you have a bachelors degree?

No?

go to school you fucking idiot. Fuck, somebody who's an E6 even in the national guard should know that officers need a degree.
>>
>>31318713
Not sure he could get e6 even with a degree starting him at e4 in 3 years
>>
>>31318733
Which I why I think he's lying

Then again, I don't have any idea how the NG works with promotions.
>>
>>31318740
He never said he's only been in for 3 years. This could be his second enlistment. He could very easily be a 9 year moron who doesn't understand how to be an officer.
>>
>>31318740
Same as big army for time in grade requirements and promotion points. The main differences are fewer reviews of abuses re favoritism and increased ability to sweep misconduct under the rug. Shit like what he describes happens occasionally at 5ish years in with the right kneepads
>>
>>31318666
>satan: the post

>>31318700
>>31318713
I guess I forgot to mention, I'm in college at the moment and have a year left before I finish my degree.

E-6 isn't hard to get in the ARNG if you're in the right MOS, excel at PT, and are willing to switch units for promotion.

I started as a medic in an engineering unit, and MOS-Q'd two different times for E-5 and E-6.
>>
>>31318765
No not specifically but for a 6 year contract one is usually dealing with a first time guardsman. There is some variation by state of course but given no mention of time in service and ignorance displayed I figure at best a 1st enlistment who is exaggerating their rank.
>>
>>31318656
ETS Glock mags suck bro, apparently the AR mags are alright, I don't have any of them.

But I absolutely would not trust ETS Glock mags.
>>
>>31318813
First time I loaded mine the ammo was binding up in them.

Then came the malfunctions in a Gen 3 Glock 17.

Magpul Glock mags are good, so are Glock brand Glock mags.
>>
>>31318765
>>31318774
>>31318700
guardfag here

i know a couple of ssgs who made e6 in 3-4 years but you have to switch jobs and suck lots of batt dick.

depending on youre batt and brigade they can be lenient on promotions especially if its a mos that doesnt have many people
>>
You need a degree. Especially with the Navy. The Navy and Air Force are very technical at the officer level, and a braindead National Guardsman without a degree isn't anyone they want on their radar.
>>
>>31318848
So kneepad got it
>>
>>31318871
I have a four-year degree in Comp. Sci., how would that work toward joining a branch with good pay?
>>
>>31318885
NSA the military will chump change you for wages till mid officer tier
>>
>>31318916
mmm

what about a criminal record a mile long, ending about 6-7 years ago?
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 400x225px
>>31318700
>get a degree
>make it count
>posts a bunch of bullshit degrees
>>
>>31318928
If already in military could be ok. If not in military could be fucked if crimes are not creative as fuck computer voodoo. Also waivers during wartime and or skill shortage
>>
>>31318733
20 year old Sophomore in college here, I'm going into the guard as an E3 with no degrees, I am in ROTC however
>>
>>31319008
Shieet, might have to wait until Korea: Round 2!
>>
>>31319031
Rotc 60 credits some jrotc bullshit can all land an e3 eagle scout used to but only an e2 now
>>
>>31319035
Election may determine where we go but 5ish years till another bit of nonsense at the outside would be my guess
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.