[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the modern Japanese forces have an equivalent of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: o-US-ARMY-PURPLE-HEART-facebook.jpg (515KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-US-ARMY-PURPLE-HEART-facebook.jpg
515KB, 2000x1000px
Do the modern Japanese forces have an equivalent of the Purple Heart medal?
>>
Surprisingly, no. There was a resounding amount of support in the early 1940's to introduce one, but the government at the time said it would decrease morale by showing troops injured so much. I disagree with it, but whatever.
>>
>>31313493
So if I was drawing some animu crap, and wanted a character to be wearing a medal that denoted an injury, what's my best bet?
>>
>>31313531
See, that's the funny thing. It was extremely dishonorable for a Japanese soldier to go home injured instead of dying for his country. This explains why they had kamikaze pilots and such. Once they realized they were out of fuel, ammunition, fucks, etc, they would charge at the enemy. This was extremely useful psychologically, but obviously ended with them dying moreso than not.

But, to answer your question, your anime character should probably be an amputee, and looked down upon, as it was extremely disgraceful to 'not give 100% of your effort' during the war. It was commonplace to be summarily executed on sight if your higher-ups didn't like you, and saw that you retreated like a coward. This is also why the nukes were a bad thing.
>>
Purple Dragon
>>
File: DJyuCU9.gif (87KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DJyuCU9.gif
87KB, 400x400px
>>31313563
>>
the japanese equivalent is not having to commit sudoku when you get home
>>
What about the Self Defense Force? Do they even have medals?
>>
>>31313682
For what?
>>
>>31313682
http://www.mod.go.jp/msdf/formal/english/about/class/costume/index.html
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Golden_Kite

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukochosho
>>
maybe america could share the purple hearts
we made enough of those things in preparation for the invasion of japan in ww2 that we were still using that same batch in iraq
>>
>>31313426
Pantsu
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.